Z270 chipset diagram and 7700K+7600K leaked benchmarks

NumLock21
47 minutes ago, NumLock21 said:

Why would a 6700k owner upgrade? Only a idiot with no brains and lots of money will upgrade from 6700k to 7700k.

oh you would be surprised. There a lot of people that just want the new thing. Heck some people just want to upgrade because they can OC the new model even more.

Before you buy amp and dac.  My thoughts on the M50x  Ultimate Ears Reference monitor review I might have a thing for audio...

My main Headphones and IEMs:  K612 pro, HD 25 and Ultimate Ears Reference Monitor, HD 580 with HD 600 grills

DAC and AMP: RME ADI 2 DAC

Speakers: Genelec 8040, System Audio SA205

Receiver: Denon AVR-1612

Desktop: R7 1700, GTX 1080  RX 580 8GB and other stuff

Laptop: ThinkPad P50: i7 6820HQ, M2000M. ThinkPad T420s: i7 2640M, NVS 4200M

Feel free to pm me if you have a question for me or quote me. If you want to hear what I have to say about something just tag me.

14 minutes ago, Dackzy said:

oh you would be surprised. There a lot of people that just want the new thing. Heck some people just want to upgrade because they can OC the new model even more.

Cough... @Lays... Cough.... Dude wants to sell a golden chip just to do it all over again with Kaby, lol. Sad part is, I kinda want it, just because I know it would likely undervolt better for my ITX case. 

My (incomplete) memory overclocking guide: 

Does memory speed impact gaming performance? Click here to find out!

On 1/2/2017 at 9:32 PM, MageTank said:

Sometimes, we all need a little inspiration.

10 minutes ago, MageTank said:

Cough... @Lays... Cough.... Dude wants to sell a golden chip just to do it all over again with Kaby, lol. Sad part is, I kinda want it, just because I know it would likely undervolt better for my ITX case. 

dude get it

Before you buy amp and dac.  My thoughts on the M50x  Ultimate Ears Reference monitor review I might have a thing for audio...

My main Headphones and IEMs:  K612 pro, HD 25 and Ultimate Ears Reference Monitor, HD 580 with HD 600 grills

DAC and AMP: RME ADI 2 DAC

Speakers: Genelec 8040, System Audio SA205

Receiver: Denon AVR-1612

Desktop: R7 1700, GTX 1080  RX 580 8GB and other stuff

Laptop: ThinkPad P50: i7 6820HQ, M2000M. ThinkPad T420s: i7 2640M, NVS 4200M

Feel free to pm me if you have a question for me or quote me. If you want to hear what I have to say about something just tag me.

1 hour ago, MageTank said:

buy it. Do it. No hesitation.

1 minute ago, Prysin said:

buy it. Do it. No hesitation.

But, I already have a delidded 6700k that does exactly what I need it to do, lol. His would just allow me to go a little further without adding too much heat. 

2 hours ago, NumLock21 said:

Those are retail chips, not engineering samples.

Really, so when does it launch? I thought it was Q2 2017?

Main Rig:-

Ryzen 7 3800X | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | 16GB Team Group Dark Pro 3600Mhz | Corsair MP600 1TB PCIe Gen 4 | Sapphire 5700 XT Pulse | Corsair H115i Platinum | WD Black 1TB | WD Green 4TB | EVGA SuperNOVA G3 650W | Asus TUF GT501 | Samsung C27HG70 1440p 144hz HDR FreeSync 2 | Ubuntu 20.04.2 LTS |

Server:-

Intel NUC running Server 2019 + Synology DSM218+ with 2 x 4TB Toshiba NAS Ready HDDs (RAID0)

1 minute ago, MageTank said:

But, I already have a delidded 6700k that does exactly what I need it to do, lol. His would just allow me to go a little further without adding too much heat. 

but we both know, every watt is a challenge when building a compact case.... BTW, did i you see the pictures of my recent update to the mini PC? :P

but we both know, every watt is a challenge when building a compact case.... BTW, did i you see the pictures of my recent update to the mini PC? :P

I did not see the pictures, no. I'd have to ask Lays to see how low his chip can undervolt before I consider it. For the most part,I don't expect his to underclock much lower, but I do expect his to tolerate higher clock speeds at lower voltages than mine. 

I did not see the pictures, no. I'd have to ask Lays to see how low his chip can undervolt before I consider it. For the most part,I don't expect his to underclock much lower, but I do expect his to tolerate higher clock speeds at lower voltages than mine. 

you can buy Lays chip, and then send me you old 6700k.

you can buy Lays chip, and then send me you old 6700k.

Wish I could use a heatsink that large x.x

Luckily, my 45mm vapor chamber gets the job done, I just need to finish building the custom enclosure. Got a 500w platinum PSU that I'll be using to power the system, fully contained with no external brick. The hard part will be hitting my goal of 4L, which I may have to compromise and do 4.2L. So far, it's been a headache trying to build it, as none of my 3d designs turned out accurate enough. 

Wish I could use a heatsink that large x.x

Luckily, my 45mm vapor chamber gets the job done, I just need to finish building the custom enclosure. Got a 500w platinum PSU that I'll be using to power the system, fully contained with no external brick. The hard part will be hitting my goal of 4L, which I may have to compromise and do 4.2L. So far, it's been a headache trying to build it, as none of my 3d designs turned out accurate enough. 

What case and cooler are you using? IS-VC45?

The ability to google properly is a skill of its own. 

Just now, Bouzoo said:

What case and cooler are you using? IS-VC45?

That is indeed my cooler. Current case is the Azza Z (17L) but my custom case is going to be 4L (give or take .2L). It will fit full size reference cards up to 11 inches and dual slot, and this is the PSU I have for it: http://www.wiredzone.com/supermicro-racks-kvm-chassis-power-server-power-supplies-500w-to-980w-pws-505p-1h-10025327

Already have it wired and converted the spare EPS to 2x8 PCIe, so it's ready to roll. Once all is said and done, the 4L case will have the following components in it:

Asrock Z170 ITX/AC Fatality

6700k @ 4.5ghz

IS-VC45

32gb of DDR4 3600 C14-14-14-28-2

GTX 1080 Ti/ Titan XP (Simply to show off that it can handle the heat, Newegg Premier means I'll be shipping them back after testing)

500w Plat PSU

With hope, that will win me the performance:cubic inch crown, but only time will tell. 

Well, the temps confirm that it's going to be a pain in the ass to cool properly!

Even if it might overclock well (5.1Ghz is quite nice so it's possible they do unless it's a cherry picked one) temps are going to be a big problem.

Let's see if zen can do better :D

If you want my attention, quote meh! D: or just stick an @samcool55 in your post :3

Spying on everyone to fight against terrorism is like shooting a mosquito with a cannon

11 minutes ago, MageTank said:

That is indeed my cooler. Current case is the Azza Z (17L) but my custom case is going to be 4L (give or take .2L). It will fit full size reference cards up to 11 inches and dual slot, and this is the PSU I have for it: http://www.wiredzone.com/supermicro-racks-kvm-chassis-power-server-power-supplies-500w-to-980w-pws-505p-1h-10025327

Already have it wired and converted the spare EPS to 2x8 PCIe, so it's ready to roll. Once all is said and done, the 4L case will have the following components in it:

6700k @ 4.5ghz

IS-VC45

GTX 1080 Ti/ Titan XP (Simply to show off that it can handle the heat, Newegg Premier means I'll be shipping them back after testing)

500w Plat PSU

With hope, that will win me the performance:cubic inch crown, but only time will tell. 

SM PSU only due to size I suppose? 

That Azza Z man... don't want to be rude but...

The ability to google properly is a skill of its own. 

I'd just like to point out that... the i7s barely inch in front of the i5 for all but the Ashes gaming benchmarks.

...Just sayin

CPU - Ryzen 7 3700X | RAM - 64 GB DDR4 3200MHz | GPU - Nvidia GTX 1660 ti | MOBO -  MSI B550 Gaming Plus

6 minutes ago, Bouzoo said:

SM PSU only due to size I suppose? 

That Azza Z man... don't want to be rude but...

The Node 202 and Raven's didn't exist when I bought it x.x

I absolutely hate it. It's build quality is awful, and is barely small enough to be considered ITX by my standards. As for the choice of PSU, yeah, I needed something extremely small. My first choice was the FSP500-50FSPT, but they refused to sell it to me unless I bought 100 of them, which wasn't going to happen. This was the next best thing, and only cost $135. 

34 minutes ago, Master Disaster said:

Really, so when does it launch? I thought it was Q2 2017?

Jan 5th at CES?

Intel Xeon E5 1650 v3 @ 3.5GHz 6C:12T / CM212 Evo / Asus X99 Deluxe / 16GB (4x4GB) DDR4 3000 Trident-Z / Samsung 850 Pro 256GB / Intel 335 240GB / WD Red 2 & 3TB / Antec 850w / RTX 2070 / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy X360 15: Intel Core i5 8250U @ 1.6GHz 4C:8T / 8GB DDR4 / Intel UHD620 + Nvidia GeForce MX150 4GB / Intel 120GB SSD / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy x360 BP series Intel 8th gen

AMD ThreadRipper 2!

5820K & 6800K 3-way SLI mobo support list

42 minutes ago, MageTank said:

6700k @ 4.5ghz

IS-VC45

500w Plat PSU

BOOO, that case is even larger then mine D:<

and god damn that is hideous

55 minutes ago, MageTank said:

The Node 202 and Raven's didn't exist when I bought it x.x

I absolutely hate it. It's build quality is awful, and is barely small enough to be considered ITX by my standards. As for the choice of PSU, yeah, I needed something extremely small. My first choice was the FSP500-50FSPT, but they refused to sell it to me unless I bought 100 of them, which wasn't going to happen. This was the next best thing, and only cost $135. 

Just saying, that FSP PSU doesn't actually have an 8 pin PCIe connector (iirc), but @iFreilicht is working something out afaik ;) 

USEFUL LINKS:

PSU Tier List F@H stats

fucc yea. USA ports

dc7d016384b0eb9046182e30c47a8c84.png

Our Grace. The Feathered One. He shows us the way. His bob is majestic and shows us the path. Follow unto his guidance and His example. He knows the one true path. Our Saviour. Our Grace. Our Father Birb has taught us with His humble heart and gentle wing the way of the bob. Let us show Him our reverence and follow in His example. The True Path of the Feathered One. ~ Dimboble-dubabob III

4 hours ago, stealth80 said:

doesn't really matter, theyre both pretty high (but i'm 2 years on custom loop now -_-) but those o/c temps are insane. I've already read that those temps drop 25 - 30C by delidding and replacing the TIM. Surely intel are shooting themselves in the foot here. Why didn't they just replace the TIM themselves and have the default clocks higher as standard - especially with Ryzen "rumours"

That's exactly my point, the last few cycles have being lazy as shit from Intel, I don't see any real reason for anyone using 3770k + to upgrade yet. The GPU market has advanced a lot in that time -

To put that into context, that's an NV 680 vs a potential 1080ti (top of the line to top of the line - price aside)

the delidding thing is BS he useds different cooler, different voltage etc

CPU: Intel9-9900k 5.0GHz at 1.36v  | Cooling: Custom Loop | MOTHERBOARD: ASUS ROG Z370 Maximus X Hero | RAM: CORSAIR 32GB DDR4-3200 VENGEANCE PRO RGB  | GPU: Nvidia RTX 2080Ti | PSU: CORSAIR RM850X + Cablemod modflex white cables | BOOT DRIVE: 250GB SSD Samsung 850 evo | STORAGE: 7.75TB | CASE: Fractal Design Define R6 BLackout | Display: SAMSUNG OLED 34 UW | Keyboard: HyperX Alloy elite RGB |  Mouse: Corsair M65 PRO RGB | OS: Windows 10 Pro | Phone: iPhone 11 Pro Max 256GB

2 minutes ago, KOMTechAndGaming said:

>TIL that lower temps and higher overclocks is BS.

LTT never ceases to amaze me. Casual city down here. 

Our Grace. The Feathered One. He shows us the way. His bob is majestic and shows us the path. Follow unto his guidance and His example. He knows the one true path. Our Saviour. Our Grace. Our Father Birb has taught us with His humble heart and gentle wing the way of the bob. Let us show Him our reverence and follow in His example. The True Path of the Feathered One. ~ Dimboble-dubabob III

13 minutes ago, TheRandomness said:

Just saying, that FSP PSU doesn't actually have an 8 pin PCIe connector (iirc), but @iFreilicht is working something out afaik ;) 

Yeah, I already know of his work. I too was already working on a -12v rail solution around the same time that he was, but I still couldn't get my hands on a review sample, let alone actually getting them to market. The only retailers that would even bother was in Germany, and shipping would have cost more than what the unit was worth. 

5 minutes ago, KOMTechAndGaming said:

The delidding did the heavy lifting on that. Find me a retail water/air cooler (not any custom loops) that will dramatically drop temps by 30C, god knows you won't find one.