Intel i3 7350K review

DELTAprime

Steve at Hardware Unboxed is the latest reviewer to post a "leaked" Kaby Lake review. This time it's the Intel Core i3 7350K. Yes an overclocked i3.

Nothing really to quote here since it's a YouTube review and I think it's pretty much as expected just like every other Kaby Lake CPU we have seen so far.

Edit: video was removed and reuploaded.

Edited by DELTAprime

OBSIDIAN: CPU AMD Ryzen 9 3900X | MB ASUS ROG Crosshair VIII Hero Wifi | RAM Corsair Dominator RGB 32gb 3600 | GPU ASUS ROG Strix RTX 2080 Ti OC |

Cooler Corsair Hydro X | Storage Samsung 970 Evo 1tb | Samsung 860 QVO 2tb x2 | Seagate Barracuda 4tb x2 | Case Cosair Obsidian 500D RGB SE |

PSU Corsair HX750 | Cablemod Cables | Monitor Asus PG35VQAsus PG279Q | HID Corsair K70 Rapidfire RGB low profile | Corsair Dark Core Pro RGB SE | Xbox One Elite Controller Series 2

Kaby Lake is a disappointment from what he's shown. The unlocked i3 is nice though. 

Ryzen has still 1 quarter to save us from the IntelMonopoly

idk

TL;DW - single core performance is great but for anything that is multi-threaded, a locked entry-level i5 will outclass it.

When you factor in the Z170 motherboard, CPU cooler and the extra price premium that comes with the K-series CPUs, it's a bit too much to pay for a dual core. Especially in 2017.

'Fanboyism is stupid' - someone on this forum.

Be nice to each other boys and girls. And don't cheap out on a power supply.

Spoiler

CPU: Intel Core i7 4790K - 4.5 GHz | Motherboard: ASUS MAXIMUS VII HERO | RAM: 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro DDR3 | SSD: Samsung 850 EVO - 500GB | GPU: MSI GTX 980 Ti Gaming 6GB | PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA 650 G2 | Case: NZXT Phantom 530 | Cooling: CRYORIG R1 Ultimate | Monitor: ASUS ROG Swift PG279Q | Peripherals: Corsair Vengeance K70 and Razer DeathAdder

dualcores just dont cut it anymore basically

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The Toaster Project! Northern Bee!

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#1. Treat others as you would like to be treated.

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

i would get one for its 4GHz single core performance if they have good power consumption. I don't really care about the unlocked cores on it though; that would just increase its price possibly above an i5

☼

ψ ︿_____︿_ψ_   

10 minutes ago, HKZeroFive said:

TL;DW - single core performance is great but for anything that is multi-threaded, a locked entry-level i5 will outclass it.

When you factor in the Z170 motherboard, CPU cooler and the extra price premium that comes with the K-series CPUs, it's a bit too much to pay for a dual core. Especially in 2017.

Even though it beats some I5s in multithreaded benchmarks... 

Software Engineer for Suncorp (Australia), Computer Tech Enthusiast, Miami University Graduate, Nerd

13 minutes ago, HKZeroFive said:

Called it. Intel still can't release a proper low end CPU other than the traditional i3. The anniversary pentium and this thing are both a disappointment.

If you want to reply back to me or someone else USE THE QUOTE BUTTON!                                                      
Pascal laptops guide

4 minutes ago, patrickjp93 said:

Does it beat the i5 6600? Don't think it will beat the i5 7600/7500 when they come out as well.

Keep in mind, you will need to factor the Z170 board and the cooler to make proper use of it. With the locked i5s, you can use the stock cooler and a simple B150 board.

If you want to reply back to me or someone else USE THE QUOTE BUTTON!                                                      
Pascal laptops guide

2 minutes ago, Castdeath97 said:

Does it beat the i5 6600? Don't think it will beat the i5 7600/7500 when they come out as well.

Keep in mind, you will need to factor the Z170 board and the cooler to make proper use of it. With the locked i5s, you can use the stock cooler and a simple B150 board.

Yeah the i5 it beats is how old? Seriously I think it's a 2011 part.

OBSIDIAN: CPU AMD Ryzen 9 3900X | MB ASUS ROG Crosshair VIII Hero Wifi | RAM Corsair Dominator RGB 32gb 3600 | GPU ASUS ROG Strix RTX 2080 Ti OC |

Cooler Corsair Hydro X | Storage Samsung 970 Evo 1tb | Samsung 860 QVO 2tb x2 | Seagate Barracuda 4tb x2 | Case Cosair Obsidian 500D RGB SE |

PSU Corsair HX750 | Cablemod Cables | Monitor Asus PG35VQAsus PG279Q | HID Corsair K70 Rapidfire RGB low profile | Corsair Dark Core Pro RGB SE | Xbox One Elite Controller Series 2

3 minutes ago, Mister Snow said:

Only i5 2500K that is almost 6 years old.

Actually it very closely competes with the 4670.

Software Engineer for Suncorp (Australia), Computer Tech Enthusiast, Miami University Graduate, Nerd

I just hope that they can price it aggressively considering that the current pre-order price being $177. It is a tad cheaper than the i5 6600k though the i5 did perform better in all the benchmarks given that it has more cores to work with.

I'm also curious to see as to whether its performance is close to the i5-7400 which has a current pre-order value of $189 which is only a small step above the i3 at hand. We must also consider the fact that the i3 would require more cooling and a capable motherboard which both add to the cost of the overall package.

14 minutes ago, patrickjp93 said:

Pardon me, I should have clarified that the phrase 'locked entry-level i5' did not include quad cores from five years ago.

Spoiler

CPU: Intel Core i7 4790K - 4.5 GHz | Motherboard: ASUS MAXIMUS VII HERO | RAM: 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro DDR3 | SSD: Samsung 850 EVO - 500GB | GPU: MSI GTX 980 Ti Gaming 6GB | PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA 650 G2 | Case: NZXT Phantom 530 | Cooling: CRYORIG R1 Ultimate | Monitor: ASUS ROG Swift PG279Q | Peripherals: Corsair Vengeance K70 and Razer DeathAdder

3 minutes ago, patrickjp93 said:

Actually it very closely competes with the 4670.

Yes, it's relatively close when overclocked to 4.8GHz but still, I don't think it's worth it unless you need it for just single threaded workloads.

1 minute ago, HKZeroFive said:

Pardon me, I should have clarified that the phrase 'locked entry-level i5' did not include quad cores from five years ago.

The 4670 is not from 5 years ago.

5 minutes ago, Mister Snow said:

Never said it was.

Then it's a good thing the 7350K ties it in Cinebench and Chess with a 200MHz overclock in multithreaded mode.

2 minutes ago, patrickjp93 said:

Then it's a good thing the 7350K ties it in Cinebench and Chess with a 200MHz overclock in multithreaded mode.

You mean on top of that 4.8GHz overclock?

2 minutes ago, Mister Snow said:

You mean on top of that 4.8GHz overclock?

No, I mean just 200MHz above boost clock.

Just now, patrickjp93 said:

The 4670 is not from 5 years ago.

And yet it outperforms the i3 7350K clocked at 4.8GHz in basically every scenario presented within the video, with the exception of a synthetic benchmark and BF1.

But when I said 'locked entry-level i5', I was implying the i5 6400 and i5 6500, which are both barely slower than the presented stock i5 6600K that practically demolished the i3-7350K (even when overclocked to 4.8GHz) in every benchmark.

Going back to my initial statement, if you factor the price of the i3 7350K, CPU cooler and the Z170 motherboard, it makes no sense to buy it over something like a i5 6400 + H110 motherboard unless the application you are using is heavily single-threaded.

Spoiler

1 minute ago, HKZeroFive said:

And yet it outperforms the i3 7350K clocked at 4.8GHz in basically every scenario presented within the video, with the exception of a synthetic benchmark and BF1.

But when I said 'locked entry-level i5', I was implying the i5 6400 and i5 6500, which are both barely slower than the presented stock i5 6600K that practically demolished the i3-7350K (even when overclocked to 4.8GHz) in every benchmark.

Going back to my initial statement, if you factor the price of the i3 7350K, CPU cooler and the Z170 motherboard, it makes no sense to buy it over something like a i5 6400 + H110 motherboard unless the application you are using is heavily single-threaded.

Or heavily vectorized where clocks count way more than core count.

1 hour ago, patrickjp93 said:

No, I mean just 200MHz above boost clock.

Are we still talking about 4670? Because it doesn't match it even at 4.8GHz, it comes close but that's all so how could it tie with it at 4.4GHz?

1 hour ago, HKZeroFive said:

Once again, the unlocked CPU from Intel do not need a Z series/enthusiast class motherboard to overclock. From the Pentium 4 Extreme all the way through to the 6700K. As for cooling-dual cores don't need much at all-especially new ones (you could run an old E8500 at 4GHz on the stock cooler without it throttling).

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL

I wonder how he got both the CPU and motherboard...

Nevermind, he used a Z170 motherboard (wat)

"an obvious supporter of privacy"

Probbably not worth it.

Anyone who wants to overclock, will get Z170 motherboard with i5 or i7 CPU.

It's a bit pointless to buy motherboard that costs more than CPU.

Intel i7 12700K | Gigabyte Z690 Gaming X DDR4 | Pure Loop 240mm | G.Skill 3200MHz 32GB CL14 | CM V850 G2 | RTX 3070 Phoenix | Lian Li O11 Air mini

Samsung EVO 960 M.2 250GB | Samsung EVO 860 PRO 512GB | 4x Be Quiet! Silent Wings 140mm fans

WD My Cloud 4TB