Battlefield 4 - Thoughts so far?

Split-56k

It isn't a "slightly better BF3" or "BF3.5" at all. Sure, it's a battlefield game, but to say they're the same game is just ignorant. 

So far I've had an excellent time playing. The annoying blue filter on all maps is gone, and graphics are slightly improved (though it doesn't look like a whole new game visuals wise, as BF3 looked damn good already). If you're looking for the battlefield experience, you'll be happy to know that in my opinion they've gone back to their old ways (BF:BC2 feel). The maps are again wide open, and the "levolution" buzzword they've been throwing around is actually incredible. If you want the largest map sizes, consider playing conquest large. It's the best game type for vehicular warfare that I've played thus far. 

Final thoughts: Yes, I'd recommend it if you like battlefield. I actually purchased the game at full price AND the "premium" package, which I've never done before. The main thing I wanted premium for was priority in server queues, but server queues were a tad broken so they disabled them in order to avoid further problems. Sure, there are problems... there always are with popular multiplayer games, but overall I haven't found anything that actually negatively impacts my gameplay experience in any major way.

TL;DR It isn't BF3.5, it is a boat load of fun, and I would recommend it.

2 things I don't like.

- Running feels more sluggish that BF3.

- Jet's 3rd person is completely useless. I can barely know if I'm about to hit the ground or not.

Everything else is great so far :)

Cons:

- Dont see much difference between Frostbite 2 and 3 engine

- Campaign story is short and boring (i know its mostly for MP fun but still)

- Cannot assign "delete" key normal way, but only thru profile file modification

<p>Eryi's Action Rule#2 - "Dont jump on the green mushroom"

Ministry of StopIt!

- Dont see much difference between Frostbite 2 and 3 engine

That's probably due to the limitations of the current gen consoles. 

Honestly, we probably won't see the full potential of what Battlefield can offer until those consoles are phased out.

That's probably due to the limitations of the current gen consoles. 

Thats propably because newer engines dont always make game look realistic, but they add something more or upgrade something already made.

<p>Eryi's Action Rule#2 - "Dont jump on the green mushroom"

Ministry of StopIt!

Here are my thoughts. DON'T BUY IT! Especially if you want to play multiplayer there are so many bugs and glitches that in 99% of games something like the sound stops working or the game crashes or freezes. On top of that there are no queues for servers so if you are trying to play with a friend the server can fill up and you are stuck outside the game. It happens almost every time I try to play with a friend. To make things worse when I do get into a game it crashes about 50% of the time. I'm telling you all if you haven't bought it yet don't waste your money because it is an embarrassment to video games.  

Here are my thoughts. DON'T BUY IT! Especially if you want to play multiplayer there are so many bugs and glitches that in 99% of games something like the sound stops working or the game crashes or freezes. On top of that there are no queues for servers so if you are trying to play with a friend the server can fill up and you are stuck outside the game. It happens almost every time I try to play with a friend. To make things worse when I do get into a game it crashes about 50% of the time. I'm telling you all if you haven't bought it yet don't waste your money because it is an embarrassment to video games.  

Way to over exaggerate, the sound stops working occasionally on Golmud Railway. I, and my other 8 friends that I'm currently playing with haven't experience any crashes except for occasional not responding on the loading screen. And DICE said they're rolling out a patch soon to fix the sound issues and some net code problems resulting the vehicles lagging.

You sound a little butt-hurt my friend.

I'm waiting for it to go on sale. Not only because I don't want to pay full price for another crappy EA title, but also because all the bugs n glitches should be worked out by then.

Way to over exaggerate, the sound stops working occasionally on Golmud Railway. I, and my other 8 friends that I'm currently playing with haven't experience any crashes except for occasional not responding on the loading screen. And DICE said they're rolling out a patch soon to fix the sound issues and some net code problems resulting the vehicles lagging.

You sound a little butt-hurt my friend.

I really wish I was and I'm glad that its working for you and your friends though. Unfortunately my friends and I have had very bad luck with bugs, glitches and freezes. I'm actually out of the game now because it crashed for the 5th time in the last hour. It really is just a bummer to me. 

My freaking god, this game runs so freaking instable on my PC, it's not that it can run it, but I crashes like every second match. Just WTF Dice!?

Oh, and Operation Locker is the stupidest map I've ever played. 

phanteks enthoo pro | intel i5 4690k | noctua nh-d14 | msi z97 gaming 5 | 16gb crucial ballistix tactical | msi gtx970 4G OC  | adata sp900

Maximums - Asus Z97-K /w i5 4690 Bclk @106.9Mhz * x39 = 4.17Ghz, 8GB of 2600Mhz DDR3,.. Gigabyte GTX970 G1-Gaming @ 1550Mhz

Am i the only one getting tickt off by the green tanks and shit ton of flags everywhere? Becouse it reminds me of Toy Soldiers, yes the old playstation 1 game where you run around as plastic army men.....no one? Geez....

Well, i didnt play enough beta so i cant judge it more aside from what i said above and how terrible the first bolt rifle is/was/idunno

Edit: well shit, it was called Army men, not Toy soldiets...owell

It's shiny, I can't wait to get stuck in, but I've gone back to BF3 while they fix the worst of the multiplayer issues.

I got it, I am very happy. with the bugs its good. after patches... It's gun be HAPPY LAND!

CPU: Ryzen 2600 GPU: RX 6800 RAM: ddr4 3000Mhz 4x8GB  MOBO: MSI B450-A PRO Display: 4k120hz with freesync premium.

also important the game now has in game voice chat with the squad. 

Is it better, I never tried it in release, I dsiable dit in Beta after realising the delay was over 600ms(based on almost full second it took to reverb after it came trough TS.

CPU: Ryzen 2600 GPU: RX 6800 RAM: ddr4 3000Mhz 4x8GB  MOBO: MSI B450-A PRO Display: 4k120hz with freesync premium.