RIP Trump

AniJan
3 minutes ago, TidaLWaveZ said:

To get rich? You realize he's a billionaire right?

And? He can always get more money. 

- snip-

Just now, MrDynamicMan said:

And? He can always get more money. 

"If you think k Trump ain't gonna use this as his opportunity to get rich your kidding yourself"

He's already extremely rich. Why would someone who has enough money to buy whatever they want whenever they want for the rest of their life care about piling more money? 

- ASUS X99 Deluxe - i7 5820k - Nvidia GTX 1080ti SLi - 4x4GB EVGA SSC 2800mhz DDR4 - Samsung SM951 500 - 2x Samsung 850 EVO 512 -

- EK Supremacy EVO CPU Block - EK FC 1080 GPU Blocks - EK XRES 100 DDC - EK Coolstream XE 360 - EK Coolstream XE 240 -

2 minutes ago, TidaLWaveZ said:

"If you think k Trump ain't gonna use this as his opportunity to get rich your kidding yourself"

He's already extremely rich. Why would someone who has enough money to buy whatever they want whenever they want for the rest of their life care about piling more money? 

I don't know, ask any of the top 100. 

What I find more I interesting is the fact that you believe him already being rich means he won't try and advance his businesses. 

- snip-

16 minutes ago, MrDynamicMan said:

I don't know, ask any of the top 100. 

What I find more I interesting is the fact that you believe him already being rich means he won't try and advance his businesses. 

What I find interesting is that you make insinuations and don't back them up. 

We're not talking about his business advancement, we're talking about him taking advantage of his role as President in order to "get rich".

- ASUS X99 Deluxe - i7 5820k - Nvidia GTX 1080ti SLi - 4x4GB EVGA SSC 2800mhz DDR4 - Samsung SM951 500 - 2x Samsung 850 EVO 512 -

- EK Supremacy EVO CPU Block - EK FC 1080 GPU Blocks - EK XRES 100 DDC - EK Coolstream XE 360 - EK Coolstream XE 240 -

12 hours ago, AniJan said:

Trump can only make money from is president salary of $400,000. Nothing else.

Bullshit.

If he runs his companies while he's in office, he'll be impeached.

Yes, there hasn't been a president that has been impeached.

Bullshit.

Project White Lightning (My ITX Gaming PC): Core i5-4690K | CRYORIG H5 Ultimate | ASUS Maximus VII Impact | HyperX Savage 2x8GB DDR3 | Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | WD Black 1TB | Sapphire RX 480 8GB NITRO+ OC | Phanteks Enthoo EVOLV ITX | Corsair AX760 | LG 29UM67 | CM Storm Quickfire Ultimate | Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum | HyperX Cloud II | Logitech Z333

Benchmark Results: 3DMark Firestrike: 10,528 | SteamVR VR Ready (avg. quality 7.1) | VRMark 7,004 (VR Ready)

Other systems I've built:

Core i3-6100 | CM Hyper 212 EVO | MSI H110M ECO | Corsair Vengeance LPX 1x8GB DDR4  | ADATA SP550 120GB | Seagate 500GB | EVGA ACX 2.0 GTX 1050 Ti | Fractal Design Core 1500 | Corsair CX450M

Core i5-4590 | Intel Stock Cooler | Gigabyte GA-H97N-WIFI | HyperX Savage 2x4GB DDR3 | Seagate 500GB | Intel Integrated HD Graphics | Fractal Design Arc Mini R2 | be quiet! Pure Power L8 350W

I am not a professional. I am not an expert. I am just a smartass. Don't try and blame me if you break something when acting upon my advice.

...why are you still reading this?

32 minutes ago, TidaLWaveZ said:

We're not talking about his business advancement, we're talking about him taking advantage of his role as President in order to "get rich".

In diplomatic talks with the president of Turkey he handed over the phone to his daughter in exchange for a 'favour' from the Turkey Pres. 

His daughter is running his business while living in the white house and acting as the first lady. That's hardly a blind trust. 

Edit: sources:

http://uk.businessinsider.com/ivanka-trumps-conflicts-of-interest-2016-11?r=US&IR=T

32 minutes ago, TidaLWaveZ said:

That's the same thing bro... 

- snip-

5 minutes ago, MrDynamicMan said:

In diplomatic talks with the president of Turkey he handed over the phone to his daughter in exchange for a 'favour' from the Turkey Pres. 

His daughter is running his business while living in the white house and acting as the first lady. That's hardly a blind trust. 

That's the same thing bro... 

They're not the same though they are correlated. Yes, if businesses advance he gets more money. But If his businesses tank he wouldn't go broke. Income would just cease leaving him with what he currently has, billions of dollars.

You could say that he's greedy and all about making more money even though he's a billionaire but that's an opinion. 

2 hours ago, MrDynamicMan said:

Who are also living I  the white house and are privy to a lot of the international diplomacy.

Only Barron is going to be living there to my knowledge, and he's 10 or 11 so he's not involved with that obviously.

https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/631048-psu-tier-list-updated/ Tier Breakdown (My understanding)--1 Godly, 2 Great, 3 Good, 4 Average, 5 Meh, 6 Bad, 7 Awful

Trump: Oh ok I would never try to run my own company from office, let me give it away. My family looks like a good recipient! That way I will have NOTHING to do with it anymore, right? lol

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

so.. that is an awfully tweaked statement.

first off, trump is already working on transferring his companies over to his offspring (if i'm not mistaken)

second off, dude gets 400K per what? (month, year?)

third: he also gets a house, security, phone, air frikking force one (you better believe that the first thing he does is put gold lettering on that), and a whole boatload more crap.

maybe his income is going down, but his expenses will also go WAY down.

This morning on my way to work, I saw the Stars and Stripes flying at half mast at the US Embassy near my office and when I opened LTT Forums website I saw the title of this topic "RIP Trump"... my hopes were raised for a short moment.

That is not dead which can eternal lie.  And with strange aeons even death may die. - The Call of Cthulhu

A university is not a "safe space". If you need a safe space, leave, go home, hug your teddy & suck your thumb until ready for university.  - Richard Dawkins

25 minutes ago, manikyath said:

so.. that is an awfully tweaked statement.

first off, trump is already working on transferring his companies over to his offspring (if i'm not mistaken)

second off, dude gets 400K per what? (month, year?)

third: he also gets a house, security, phone, air frikking force one (you better believe that the first thing he does is put gold lettering on that), and a whole boatload more crap.

maybe his income is going down, but his expenses will also go WAY down.

$400,000 a year. However, I've been hearing that he's only taking a dollar a year for his salary since he can easily live off of his own cash.

Even if Trump didn't get Air Force One, he has his own private jets.

Even if Trump's transferring his businesses and shit to his offspring, he's still got an assload of cash.

Check out my guide on how to scan cover art here!

Local asshole and 6th generation console enthusiast.

13 hours ago, Kobathor said:

Presidents have been impeached. You don't get removed from office.

No president has gotten actually impeached, the only one that was close to real impeachment was Bill Clinton.

13 hours ago, Kobathor said:

Wow, he can be impeached!
That doesn't mean he's fired.

He's giving his companies to his kids anyways.

Giving his companies to his kids is still a conflict of interest, he should do what all other presidents have done, give away their company to a mutual trust so it can be run independently with no influence from the now most powerful person in the world (Donald Trump).

i5-6600k (4.6) | Dark Rock 3 | MSI GAMING X 1060 6GB | 8GB DDR4 | 120GB SSD & 1TB HDD | Crystal 460x

| Acer GN246HL 1080p 24" 144hz & Acer G246HL 1080p 24" 60hz |

PSU Tier List | PC Partpickers: US Canada Australia UK

2 hours ago, TidaLWaveZ said:

Because most of them get extremely rich in the first place by caring EXACTLY about that...

1 hour ago, TidaLWaveZ said:

They're not the same though they are correlated. Yes, if businesses advance he gets more money. But If his businesses tank he wouldn't go broke. Income would just cease leaving him with what he currently has, billions of dollars.

You could say that he's greedy and all about making more money even though he's a billionaire but that's an opinion. 

If you aren't greedy you aren't a good business man.

Trump should release his companies to a trust so there is no conflict of interest. Giving his company to his children and thinking there will be no conflict of interest is preposterous.

i5-6600k (4.6) | Dark Rock 3 | MSI GAMING X 1060 6GB | 8GB DDR4 | 120GB SSD & 1TB HDD | Crystal 460x

Just now, Sreno1 said:

No president has gotten actually impeached, the only one that was close to real impeachment was Bill Clinton.

Impeachment =/= to removed from office, impeachment just means the house has found the president guilty of some sort of offense in the case of Clinton that was perjury the senate voted not to remove him for said actions

2 minutes ago, Sreno1 said:

do what all other presidents have done,

What presidents have owned a international corporation before, and also he technically doesn't have to do that there is no law against it.

https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/631048-psu-tier-list-updated/ Tier Breakdown (My understanding)--1 Godly, 2 Great, 3 Good, 4 Average, 5 Meh, 6 Bad, 7 Awful

13 hours ago, hey_yo_ said:

He can run his businesses and still be president. There's no existing law that forbids the president to run his business.

Not true, as president, you take an oath that affirms that you are engaged in no potential conflicts of interest or use the Office as a means for business. President-Elect Trump does indeed have holdings in several companies such as Raytheon (which make the bulk of the missiles for the US military such as the AIM-9 Sparrow and Tomahawk). Conflicts of interest can also stem (currently) from the fact that President-elect Trump has a large share in the company that owns the Dakota-Access Pipeline (ETP) (currently facing litigation by the Federal government via the US Army Corps of Engineers). Trump, as president, would technically have the authority to tell the ACOE to drop a lawsuit, for his (or his family's financial gain) thus using the Office of the President of the United States for his own financial gain (this type of situation led to the impeachment trial of Bill Clinton in the form of the Whitewater scandal in 1992).

Interesting to see what will happen to see a Secretary of State that has $500B private sector oil deal on the table with Putin...

Why would someone who has enough money to buy whatever they want whenever they want for the rest of their life care about piling more money? 

Since when do rich people stop wanting more money when they think they have enough?

8 minutes ago, AresKrieger said:

Impeachment =/= to removed from office, impeachment just means the house has found the president guilty of some sort of offense in the case of Clinton that was perjury the senate voted not to remove him for said actions

What presidents have owned a international corporation before, and also he technically doesn't have to do that there is no law against it.

All presidents have been millionaires since Truman, they have all had assets that could pose a conflict of interest.

It's a clear conflict of interest having a multi-billion dollar company under the indirect influence of the most powerful man in the world (through his children). 

7 minutes ago, Sreno1 said:

under the indirect influence of the most powerful man in the world

So long as he doesn't give one of his children who are put in charge of the company any information they wouldn't already know and he doesn't involve himself in the business there is no conflict, the conflict of interest directly coincides with insider knowledge now if he confided information to them prior to public knowledge then yes there would be an issue.

9 minutes ago, AresKrieger said:

So long as he doesn't give one of his children who are put in charge of the company any information they wouldn't already know and he doesn't involve himself in the business there is no conflict, the conflict of interest directly coincides with insider knowledge now if he confided information to them prior to public knowledge then yes there would be an issue.

Incorrect, having your family members control your company is a conflict of interest. You are trying extremely hard to rationalize why it's not a conflict of interest.

Having his children control his company would change the way he thinks about foreign policy. If it was in the hands of an independent trust then it wouldn't matter what he did in office, because he or his family has no control over the company, he would do what he thinks is hopefully best for the American people.

To be fair Hillary is pretty damn wealthy and that hasn't stopped her from using her office to increase that personal wealth.  Until trump came along her net worth was the highest in the election if i am not mistaken.  

There is no reason to think that trump being stupid rich would prevent him from wanting to get even richer.

That being said there is the potential, slim as it may be,  that with his exceeding wealth it would be very difficult for lobbyist to buy him off.  A few thousand dollars doesn't mean much to a billionaire.  

38 minutes ago, Dan Castellaneta said:

$400,000 a year. However, I've been hearing that he's only taking a dollar a year for his salary since he can easily live off of his own cash.

Even if Trump didn't get Air Force One, he has his own private jets.

Even if Trump's transferring his businesses and shit to his offspring, he's still got an assload of cash.

trump is one of those people who could literally just sell off all assets they have, buy a house in hollywood, and just live the careless life.