RIP Trump

AniJan
21 minutes ago, Yamoto42 said:

Because most of them get extremely rich in the first place by caring EXACTLY about that...

15 minutes ago, Niemand said:

Since when do rich people stop wanting more money when they think they have enough?

Ever since the first person accrued enough to not have to care about needing more.

"He's already extremely rich. Why would someone who has enough money to buy whatever they want whenever they want for the rest of their life care about piling more money?"

That's my original question and the only answers I've received are personal opinions on human greed with absolutely no evidence.

- ASUS X99 Deluxe - i7 5820k - Nvidia GTX 1080ti SLi - 4x4GB EVGA SSC 2800mhz DDR4 - Samsung SM951 500 - 2x Samsung 850 EVO 512 -

- EK Supremacy EVO CPU Block - EK FC 1080 GPU Blocks - EK XRES 100 DDC - EK Coolstream XE 360 - EK Coolstream XE 240 -

22 minutes ago, Thunderpup said:

To be fair Hillary is pretty damn wealthy and that hasn't stopped her from using her office to increase that personal wealth.  Until trump came along her net worth was the highest in the election if i am not mistaken.  

There is no reason to think that trump being stupid rich would prevent him from wanting to get even richer.

That being said there is the potential, slim as it may be,  that with his exceeding wealth it would be very difficult for lobbyist to buy him off.  A few thousand dollars doesn't mean much to a billionaire.  

The difference between Hillary's and Trump's wealth is astronomical, well at least in comparison to normal people. Trump has about 80x more than Hillary who is at about $40,000,000.00 beside that point I don't think Hillary's motivated by personal wealth I think she was motivated by wanting the presidency.

Like I'm saying, that's an opinion of his character. I'm looking for necessity or motivation and I don't see any besides greed.

$1,000 is less valuable to Trump than a penny is to a middle class citizen by far.

- ASUS X99 Deluxe - i7 5820k - Nvidia GTX 1080ti SLi - 4x4GB EVGA SSC 2800mhz DDR4 - Samsung SM951 500 - 2x Samsung 850 EVO 512 -

- EK Supremacy EVO CPU Block - EK FC 1080 GPU Blocks - EK XRES 100 DDC - EK Coolstream XE 360 - EK Coolstream XE 240 -

17 minutes ago, TidaLWaveZ said:

The difference between Hillary's and Trump's wealth is astronomical, well at least in comparison to normal people. Trump has about 80x more than Hillary who is at about $40,000,000.00 beside that point I don't think Hillary's motivated by personal wealth I think she was motivated by wanting the presidency.

Like I'm saying, that's an opinion of his character. I'm looking for necessity or motivation and I don't see any besides greed.

$1,000 is less valuable to Trump than a penny is to a middle class citizen by far.

Making money is addicting to many people, the best business men will do whatever it takes within reason to make money. If Trump was not motivated by personal wealth he would not base his presidency on his success and wealth, he wouldn't flaunt his wealth at every opportunity. That isn't an entirely bad thing, but to say Trump isn't motivated by money and increased wealth is ridiculous.

i5-6600k (4.6) | Dark Rock 3 | MSI GAMING X 1060 6GB | 8GB DDR4 | 120GB SSD & 1TB HDD | Crystal 460x

| Acer GN246HL 1080p 24" 144hz & Acer G246HL 1080p 24" 60hz |

PSU Tier List | PC Partpickers: US Canada Australia UK

I don't think you guys get that he is in debt for over 500M USD.  He pays interest on all that debt.  If he were able to sell the stakes in his properties, no he does not own most of them, he might have a little pocket change... but I don't even think he would be left with a single billion.  I could be wrong.

So... does anyone know what the operating net income of The Trump Organization is?  Anyone?

Estimating a property is worth X amount of dollars and selling that property for that X amount are two different things.  How's the koolaid?  ...refreshing?

No billionaires act the way he does.  Once you are a real billionaire, you either retire or take on profitable endeavors.  Trump sells steaks and is a reality TV star.  I know you guys think it is ridiculous, but I don't think he is even a billionaire.

...yes this again.

He will probably try to personally profit from being POTUS... this could be fun to watch.:D

In 2005 New York Times reporter Timothy O'Brien published a book called TrumpNation in which he estimated Trump's net worth at no more than $250 million. In response, Trump filed a defamation suit in state court in New Jersey seeking $5 billion in damages. The case dragged on for years. In 2009 Trump's case was dismissed.

In July 2015 Trump filed a financial disclosure form with the Federal Election Commission in which he reported being involved in more than 500 business entities and at the same time claimed to have a net worth of $10 billion. Bloomberg's estimate was $2.9 billion, and a couple of months later, Forbes put the figure at $4.5 billion.

An updated disclosure form filed in May 2016 implied that Trump's businesses were prospering during his presidential campaign. Some observers have suggested that Trump was using the campaign to promote his business interests.

[\quote]

http://corp-research.org/trump-organization

47 minutes ago, Sreno1 said:

Incorrect, having your family members control your company is a conflict of interest.

If the company was some how involved in a decision the president had to make you'd be right as the decision would not be considered impartial however given how his wealth is primarily real estate it would be highly unlikely such conflicts would occur the only conflict I can see is stock in the pipeline company with the whole Dakota pipeline thing however he could simply sell that stock (and any others that people take issue with for that matter) prior to being sworn in.

https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/631048-psu-tier-list-updated/ Tier Breakdown (My understanding)--1 Godly, 2 Great, 3 Good, 4 Average, 5 Meh, 6 Bad, 7 Awful

3 minutes ago, Sreno1 said:

Making money is addicting to many people, the best business men will do whatever it takes within reason to make money. If Trump was not motivated by personal wealth he would not base his presidency on his success and wealth, he wouldn't flaunt his wealth at every opportunity. That isn't an entirely bad thing, but to say Trump isn't motivated by money and increased wealth is ridiculous.

That might be, but I didn't say "Trump isn't motivated by money and increased wealth".

I asked why someone with a completely dispensable amount of money would care about having more.

Your answer is the same as everyone else's and it's that you think he would do it out of greed.

12 minutes ago, stconquest said:

I don't think you guys get that he is in debt for over 500M USD.  He pays interest on all that debt.  If he were able to sell the stakes in his properties, no he does not own most of them, he might have a little pocket change... but I don't even think he would be left with a single billion.  I could be wrong.

So... does anyone know what the operating net income of The Trump Organization is?  Anyone?

Estimating a property is worth X amount of dollars and selling that property for that X amount are two different things.  How's the koolaid?  ...refreshing?

No billionaires act the way he does.  Once you are a real billionaire, you either retire or take on profitable endeavors.  Trump sells steaks and is a reality TV star.  I know you guys think it is ridiculous, but I don't think he is even a billionaire.

...yes this again.

He will probably try to personally profit from being POTUS... this could be fun to watch.:D

That must be why he's accepting that whole whopping $1 salary...

Just now, TidaLWaveZ said:

That might be, but I didn't say "Trump isn't motivated by money and increased wealth".

I asked why someone with a completely dispensable amount of money would care about having more.

Your answer is the same as everyone else's and it's that you think he would do it out of greed.

He is not anywhere near liquid.  His stakes are heavily leveraged in debt.  For all we really know he is hanging on by a thread... at least on paper.  He has loans as low as $750,000 that he still has not paid off.

Just now, stconquest said:

He is not anywhere near liquid.  His stakes are heavily leveraged in debt.  For all we really know he is hanging on by a thread... at least on paper.  He has loans as low as $750,000 that he still has not paid off.

Sources

1 minute ago, TidaLWaveZ said:

That must be why he's accepting that whole whopping $1 salary...

Did that come out of his mouth?

Hot dang!  It must be true.xD

2 minutes ago, TidaLWaveZ said:

Sources

Actually could be less than $750K:

Merrill Lynch: Less than $750,000

In the early 1990s, Trump purchased two houses next to his Mar-A-Lago estate, borrowing about $2 million from Merrill Lynch for these purchases. The loans, which were taken out in 1993 and 1994 and come due in 2019, are now worth between $350,000 and $750,000.

[\quote]

http://www.motherjones.com/politics/2016/12/guide-donald-trump-debt

1 minute ago, stconquest said:

Did that come out of his mouth?

Hot dang!  It must be true.xD

Wow, you think the liberal media would let him get away with making that claim and not backing it up?

2 minutes ago, TidaLWaveZ said:

Wow, you think the liberal media would let him get away with making that claim and not backing it up?

Wow, you think he does not get away with lying?

15 hours ago, AniJan said:

Trump can only make money from is president salary of $400,000. Nothing else.

If he runs his companies while he's in office, he'll be impeached.

So?

He's the President of the US, I'm sure his company is one of the last things on his mind now. And $400K is still a lot regardless.

1 minute ago, byalexandr said:

So?

He's the President of the US, I'm sure his company is THE one his mind now. And $400K is still a lot regardless.

FTFY

Lol @ Mother Jones that's quite a laugh, their sources are other lib articles and pictures of a supposed bank document that wouldn't be available without Trump's consent.  There's just so many holes in your theory.

2 minutes ago, stconquest said:

Wow, you think he does not get away with lying?

He'd never get away with making that claim and not following up.

Just now, TidaLWaveZ said:

Lol @ Mother Jones that's quite a laugh, their sources are other lib articles and pictures of a supposed bank document that wouldn't be available without Trump's consent.  There's just so many holes in your theory.

He'd never get away with making that claim and not following up.

Want another glass?

Kool-AidMan.jpg

This is another non-issue.  He will need to divest from certain financial interests that may cause a conflict of interest for said companies.  While the POTUS may be exempt from conflict of interest laws, the companies are not.  Congress could ban or bar them from doing business with the federal government.

It's a non-issue because Trump has already acknowledged that he needs to divest.  The only question had been the timing.  His team has been more focused on building their administration, and have delayed divestment until January.  Nothing to see here folks. 

2 minutes ago, RocketFarmer said:

This is another non-issue.  He will need to divest from certain financial interests that may cause a conflict of interest for said companies.  While the POTUS may be exempt from conflict of interest laws, the companies are not.  Congress could ban or bar them from doing business with the federal government.

It's a non-issue because Trump has already acknowledged that he needs to divest.  The only question had been the timing.  His team has been more focused on building their administration, and have delayed divestment until January.  Nothing to see here folks. 

Unless he doesn't.  According to him, he does not have to.  I believe he knows better though.

Guess we all have to see what he does.  Kind of like his entire presidency.   Think by now most folks have learned not to get excited one way or another over what he says.  Folks from both the Cult of Trump and the Trumpacolypse are being played.

The media is running around like a rabbit on Red Bull.  Trying to find Trumps Watergate.  Pathetic. 

I also doubt that the US Congress and Senate have the stones to do anything about it after 8 years of basically backing everything Obama wanted. 

2 hours ago, TidaLWaveZ said:

Ever since the first person accrued enough to not have to care about needing more.

Before or after they decorate their house with gold?

Resultado de imagem para trump golden house

"He's already extremely rich. Why would someone who has enough money to buy whatever they want whenever they want for the rest of their life care about piling more money?"

That's my original question and the only answers I've received are personal opinions on human greed with absolutely no evidence.

If you want evidence, you need to look at people who have much more money than they need and still want more.

Not everybody has the same relationship to money. Some want it out of need, some like to spend on luxury, some just like to have a lot. 

Trump will be passing his businesses to his children via a blind trust, thus avoiding any conflict of interest. After leaving office he can resume ownership and administration of said businesses.

It's been discussed publicly before, since it was one of the main concerns (and loopholes people were hoping for to invalidate Trump's election result)

Remember kids, the only difference between screwing around and science is writing it down. - Adam Savage

PHOΞNIX Ryzen 5 1600 @ 3.75GHz | Corsair LPX 16Gb DDR4 @ 2933 | MSI B350 Tomahawk | Sapphire RX 480 Nitro+ 8Gb | Intel 535 120Gb | Western Digital WD5000AAKS x2 | Cooler Master HAF XB Evo | Corsair H80 + Corsair SP120 | Cooler Master 120mm AF | Corsair SP120 | Icy Box IB-172SK-B | OCZ CX500W | Acer GF246 24" + AOC <some model> 21.5" | Steelseries Apex 350 | Steelseries Diablo 3 | Steelseries Syberia RAW Prism | Corsair HS-1 | Akai AM-A1

D.VA coming soon™ xoxo

Sapphire Acer Aspire 1410 Celeron 743 | 3Gb DDR2-667 | 120Gb HDD | Windows 10 Home x32

Vault Tec Celeron 420 | 2Gb DDR2-667 | Storage pending | Open Media Vault

gh0st Asus K50IJ T3100 | 2Gb DDR2-667 | 40Gb HDD | Ubuntu 17.04

Diskord Apple MacBook A1181 Mid-2007 Core2Duo T7400 @2.16GHz | 4Gb DDR2-667 | 120Gb HDD | Windows 10 Pro x32

Firebird//Phoeniix FX-4320 | Gigabyte 990X-Gaming SLI | Asus GTS 450 | 16Gb DDR3-1600 | 2x Intel 535 250Gb | 4x 10Tb Western Digital Red | 600W Segotep custom refurb unit | Windows 10 Pro x64 // offisite backup and dad's PC

Saint Olms Apple iPhone 6 16Gb Gold

Archon Microsoft Lumia 640 LTE

Gulliver Nokia Lumia 1320

Werkfern Nokia Lumia 520

Hydromancer Acer Liquid Z220

18 hours ago, AniJan said:

you realize his bank account is still enormous, i doubt he spends all his money, he could've retired 20 years ago 

Everyone should own a vive.

54 minutes ago, RocketFarmer said:

Guess we all have to see what he does.  Kind of like his entire presidency.   Think by now most folks have learned not to get excited one way or another over what he says.  Folks from both the Cult of Trump and the Trumpacolypse are being played.

The media is running around like a rabbit on Red Bull.  Trying to find Trumps Watergate.  Pathetic. 

I also doubt that the US Congress and Senate have the stones to do anything about it after 8 years of basically backing everything Obama wanted. 

Whoa.

24 minutes ago, revsilverspine said:

Trump will be passing his businesses to his children via a blind trust, thus avoiding any conflict of interest. After leaving office he can resume ownership and administration of said businesses.

It's been discussed publicly before, since it was one of the main concerns (and loopholes people were hoping for to invalidate Trump's election result)

Do you not see the problem in your ideology?

His children are the conflict of interest in this scenario.  He has contact with his children, and they have control of his company.  That is not a blind trust.

http://www.thefreedictionary.com/blind+trust

" A trust in which a person places his or her investments or assets under the control of an independent trustee and is not advised as to the trustee's decision making regarding the investments or assets, so as to prevent the expectation of personal profit or benefit from influencing the person's actions. "

17 hours ago, AniJan said:

He has said that he will be passing his company on to the rest of his family and has also said that he will only take a dollar from the sallary. (Sources: My extremely knowledgeable history teacher)

http://www.breitbart.com/2016-presidential-race/2016/11/13/confirmed-donald-trump-says-will-take-1-salary-president/

http://www.politico.com/story/2016/11/trump-children-business-blind-trust-231179

Breaking things 1 day at a time