Apple's Airpods are now on sale

goodtofufriday

Source: http://www.theverge.com/2016/12/13/13935538/apple-airpods-wireless-iphone-earbuds-on-sale

In a press release, Apple says that the AirPods “will be shipping in limited quantities at launch,” and that brick-and-mortar stores “will receive regular AirPod shipments.” AirPods will start appearing at Apple Stores, “select” carrier stores, and authorized Apple retailers next week. They’re launching in over 100 countries, including the US, Australia, Canada, China, France, Germany, India, Mexico, and Japan.

DSC_1271.0.0.jpeg

I'll give 3 days before someone losses one and wants a replacement.

Conceptually I like the idea, but i want to know what the sound quality is like before i make judgement.  

CPU: Amd 7800X3D | GPU: AMD 7900XTX

5 minutes ago, daniielrp said:

I like the EarPods, so I like this idea in theory - easy pairing/device switching etc.

But without a wire, these are just gonna get lost so easily!

https://www.amazon.com/AirPods-Spigen-PENDING-Connector-Airpods/dp/B01LVZ4SXN/?tag=cnet-vig-reviews-20

******If you paste in text into your post, please click the "remove formatting" button for night theme users.******

CPU- Intel 6700k OC to 4.69 Ghz GPU- NVidia Geforce GTX 970 (MSI) RAM- 16gb DDR4 2400 SSD-2x500gb samsung 850 EVO(SATA) Raid 0 HDD- 2tb Seagate Case- H440 Red w/ custom lighting Motherboard - MSI Z170 Gaming A OS- Windows 10 Mouse- Razer Naga Epic Chroma, Final Mouse 2016 turney proKeyboard- Corsair k70 Cherry MX brown

well somebody's gotta say it: wireless headphones have been on the market for a long while now. airpods just (kinda?) made them mainstream i guess.

so no, i'm not exactly thrilled about these.

47 minutes ago, goodtofufriday said:

Source: http://www.theverge.com/2016/12/13/13935538/apple-airpods-wireless-iphone-earbuds-on-sale

I'll give 3 days before someone losses one and wants a replacement

Conceptually I like the idea, but i want to know what the sound quality is like before i make judgement.  

Im Just assuming they sound like the Iphone Headhpones that come in the box Or Similar to them. 

21 minutes ago, RollinLower said:

well somebody's gotta say it: wireless headphones have been on the market for a long while now. airpods just (kinda?) made them mainstream i guess.

so no, i'm not exactly thrilled about these.

I am. The way Apple is doing this will make audio quality over wireless headphones way better. I don't expect the AirPods to sound all that great since they might just be wireless Apple Earpods, but the tech there will push other device makers to either use Bluetooth 5 or ditch it for better methods.

Take a look at your $160, then go look at what Sennheiser or Sony or AKG or BOSE or Beyerdynamic or literally any other brand of headphones in that price range, wired or not, before you rush out and join the queue for these because these sound exactly like the regular wired EarPods which themselves are like 2x the price of what they should be.

And remember those Bluetooth in-ear things that business people wore that made them look like a nut? Yeah, now you have two of these in at the same time.

Ye ole' train

5 minutes ago, lots of unexplainable lag said:

Take a look at your $160, then go look at what Sennheiser or Sony or AKG or BOSE or Beyerdynamic or literally any other brand of headphones in that price range, wired or not, before you rush out and join the cue for these because these sound exactly like the regular wired EarPods which themselves are like 2x the price of what they should be.

And remember those Bluetooth in-ear things that business people wore that made them look like a nut? Yeah, now you have two of these in at the same time.

Unfortunately, no matter how good those other headphones sound, they still have wires. Bluetooth headphones are gaining popularity because people like not having to deal with the wires. Air Pods are priced competitively -- a lot of people find them very comfortable and hate the alternatives, and sound-wise they probably aren't that much worse than other truly wireless earbuds. Are they for everyone? No, but then again, the same is true with the competition. 

Also:

queue: 
Queue-2012-12-11.jpg

cue: 
c107.jpg

PSU Tier List | CoC

Gaming Build | FreeNAS Server

Spoiler

i5-4690k || Seidon 240m || GTX780 ACX || MSI Z97s SLI Plus || 8GB 2400mhz || 250GB 840 Evo || 1TB WD Blue || H440 (Black/Blue) || Windows 10 Pro || Dell P2414H & BenQ XL2411Z || Ducky Shine Mini || Logitech G502 Proteus Core

Spoiler

FreeNAS 9.3 - Stable || Xeon E3 1230v2 || Supermicro X9SCM-F || 32GB Crucial ECC DDR3 || 3x4TB WD Red (JBOD) || SYBA SI-PEX40064 sata controller || Corsair CX500m || NZXT Source 210.

Call me when they won't need charging and be more expensive than wired counterparts, because until then I don't care about these or any other pair of bluetooth headphones.

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

5 minutes ago, Sauron said:

Call me when they won't need charging and be more expensive than wired counterparts

That doesn't make any sense, seriously. If wireless headphones dont need to be charged then they break the laws of physics or use some form of wizard magic, and they will always be more expensive due to BOM cost and certifications(FCC, Bluetooth, etc.).

11 minutes ago, Sauron said:

Call me when they won't need charging and be more expensive than wired counterparts, because until then I don't care about these or any other pair of bluetooth headphones.

This AirPod actually charges wirelessly although you still need to charge its case to even charge the AirPods 

4 minutes ago, QueenDemetria said:

That doesn't make any sense, seriously. If wireless headphones dont need to be charged then they break the laws of physics or use some form of wizard magic, and they will always be more expensive due to BOM cost and certifications(FCC, Bluetooth, etc.).

Yes, it's ironic. The point is that since they have those limitations, I don't want them.

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

6 minutes ago, Sauron said:

Yes, it's ironic. The point is that since they have those limitations, I don't want them.

What we need is wireless charging/power from a device at a decent distance (say, 1m from a phone, 10-20m from the headphone/earphones charging base). Oh and a better standard for transmitting than Bluetooth.

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL

13 minutes ago, Dabombinable said:

What we need is wireless charging/power from a device at a decent distance (say, 1m from a phone, 10-20m from the headphone/earphones charging base). Oh and a better standard for transmitting than Bluetooth.

Or solar charge. Works for watches, could work for this stuff too.

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

1 minute ago, Sauron said:

Or solar charge. Works for watches, could work for this stuff too.

Mainly with headphones though, not earphones. And headphones can get very hot outside too so there might still be issues with solar even then.

PMSL

I don't really get the point of these, I guess that's because I don't see the removal of the wire offering anything in general.

Earphones with built in storage, now that's something useful.

- ASUS X99 Deluxe - i7 5820k - Nvidia GTX 1080ti SLi - 4x4GB EVGA SSC 2800mhz DDR4 - Samsung SM951 500 - 2x Samsung 850 EVO 512 -

- EK Supremacy EVO CPU Block - EK FC 1080 GPU Blocks - EK XRES 100 DDC - EK Coolstream XE 360 - EK Coolstream XE 240 -

I would get some wireless headphones if they came with a cord that hooked onto my phone so I wouldn't lose them.

Oh, wait...

Yay. Thanks, but no thanks.Still wish they had a different design from Earpods. Something that costs that amount of money should not look like the earbuds that come free with the phone.

8 minutes ago, Dabombinable said:

Mainly with headphones though, not earphones. And headphones can get very hot outside too so there might still be issues with solar even then.

solar watches can stay in a closet for months, ambient light is more than enough if the pods draw little energy.

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

1 minute ago, Sauron said:

solar watches can stay in a closet for months, ambient light is more than enough if the pods draw little energy.

Its an Apple device-they'll draw more than a little bit.

PMSL

Just now, TubsAlwaysWins said:

One step forward 2 steps back

I know right! 

Comments on amazon summed up the product perfectly.

******If you paste in text into your post, please click the "remove formatting" button for night theme users.******

CPU- Intel 6700k OC to 4.69 Ghz GPU- NVidia Geforce GTX 970 (MSI) RAM- 16gb DDR4 2400 SSD-2x500gb samsung 850 EVO(SATA) Raid 0 HDD- 2tb Seagate Case- H440 Red w/ custom lighting Motherboard - MSI Z170 Gaming A OS- Windows 10 Mouse- Razer Naga Epic Chroma, Final Mouse 2016 turney proKeyboard- Corsair k70 Cherry MX brown

Just now, bgibbz said:

I know right! 

Comments on amazon summed up the product perfectly.

Lol didn't see comments. Going there now

Breaking things 1 day at a time

Weren't these the things that got delayed, and then delayed indefinitely (abandoned)?  And now suddenly they show up...

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

4 minutes ago, Dabombinable said:

Its an Apple device-they'll draw more than a little bit.

Well, I never said I wanted them from apple specifically ^^

sudo chmod -R 000 /*