Apple's Airpods are now on sale

goodtofufriday
11 minutes ago, Dackzy said:

I know that they are not the first wireless ones... There are also some cheaper ones...

Never said they were bad for blueshit IEMs.

I have said that they use blueshit, they look like the top of a electric toothbrush, you would most likely loose them faster, they would most likely break faster, since when they fall out of your ear they will hit the ground, unless something catches them and that Apple made them and they are not known for making quality earbuds, IEMs, headphones or headsets and no their earpods does not have high audio quality, you can basically just ask any audio guy about that...

Only seen one person that seem to hate the wire between two drivers and that is that other guy that quoted me.

There has been quite a lot of excitement since the beginning when Ear In first came out with their kickstarter. It's a niche market of an already niche market. But the market for completely wireless earbuds definitely does exist. And don't forget, a lot of people listen to spotify, pandora, or some other low quality source material. So bluetooth isn't really that much of an issue. And while a lot of people dislike earpods, a lot of people do like them.

Which ones are cheaper? When the Air Pods were first announced almost all of the competition was $200 and one or two pairs was about the same price as Air Pods. 

PSU Tier List | CoC

Gaming Build | FreeNAS Server

Spoiler

i5-4690k || Seidon 240m || GTX780 ACX || MSI Z97s SLI Plus || 8GB 2400mhz || 250GB 840 Evo || 1TB WD Blue || H440 (Black/Blue) || Windows 10 Pro || Dell P2414H & BenQ XL2411Z || Ducky Shine Mini || Logitech G502 Proteus Core

Spoiler

FreeNAS 9.3 - Stable || Xeon E3 1230v2 || Supermicro X9SCM-F || 32GB Crucial ECC DDR3 || 3x4TB WD Red (JBOD) || SYBA SI-PEX40064 sata controller || Corsair CX500m || NZXT Source 210.

2 minutes ago, djdwosk97 said:

There has been quite a lot of excitement since the beginning when Ear In first came out with their kickstarter. It's a niche market of an already niche market. But the market for completely wireless earbuds definitely does exist. And don't forget, a lot of people listen to spotify, pandora, or some other low quality source material. So bluetooth isn't really that much of an issue. And while a lot of people dislike earpods, a lot of people do like them.

Which ones are cheaper? When the Air Pods were first announced almost all of the competition was $200 and one or two pairs was about the same price as Air Pods. 

actually I can with no problem hear the difference between bluetooth and wired with free spotify. It is really easy IMO, the things that always stand out is the bass and the treble, the bass is a bit more muddy and the treble is rounded off. That goes for all the bluetooth headphones and IEMs I have tried. I know this isn't the case for a lot of people, as stated before, I also use bluetooth IEMs (OG jaybird), but only because I break the 3.5mm jack when I am running, cycling or doing other things.

I am not talking about sound signature when I talk about the earpods, I am talking about the quality of the sound, there are plenty of IEMs that beat them in that regard. I find this list to do a good job of listing a lot of the good value IEMs

Yes I know the hype, I hate when there is a lot of hype around things, because then it becomes overhyped and then we just end up being disappointed. This basically just boils down to: Apple does not have a very good track record with these things, so I don't expect anything of good value, I expect a pair of wireless earbuds that are a bit overpriced when you purely look at the audio quality (even for bluetooth).

Also IMO they look so silly, you should think that somebody on the designer team got really drunk and thought it was funny...

Before you buy amp and dac.  My thoughts on the M50x  Ultimate Ears Reference monitor review I might have a thing for audio...

My main Headphones and IEMs:  K612 pro, HD 25 and Ultimate Ears Reference Monitor, HD 580 with HD 600 grills

DAC and AMP: RME ADI 2 DAC

Speakers: Genelec 8040, System Audio SA205

Receiver: Denon AVR-1612

Desktop: R7 1700, GTX 1080  RX 580 8GB and other stuff

Laptop: ThinkPad P50: i7 6820HQ, M2000M. ThinkPad T420s: i7 2640M, NVS 4200M

Feel free to pm me if you have a question for me or quote me. If you want to hear what I have to say about something just tag me.

12 hours ago, abazigal said:

The EarPods sound okay to me. Just that they are hopeless in any environment that isn't perfectly quiet, because you won't be able to hear anything. :P 

They sound like garbage to me. 

Ryzen 5 3600 stock | 2x16GB C13 3200MHz (AFR) | GTX 760 (Sold the VII)| ASUS Prime X570-P | 6TB WD Gold (128MB Cache, 2017)

Samsung 850 EVO 240 GB 

138 is a good number.

4 hours ago, Sauron said:

Not signed in

and that looks fine

Image result for wireless earbuds

this also looks fine and this is what wireless earbuds should look like

38 minutes ago, spartaman64 said:

and that looks fine

Image result for wireless earbuds

this also looks fine and this is what wireless earbuds should look like

I wonder how the mic pickup compares (if those have a mic).

PSU Tier List | CoC

Spoiler

i5-4690k || Seidon 240m || GTX780 ACX || MSI Z97s SLI Plus || 8GB 2400mhz || 250GB 840 Evo || 1TB WD Blue || H440 (Black/Blue) || Windows 10 Pro || Dell P2414H & BenQ XL2411Z || Ducky Shine Mini || Logitech G502 Proteus Core

Spoiler

FreeNAS 9.3 - Stable || Xeon E3 1230v2 || Supermicro X9SCM-F || 32GB Crucial ECC DDR3 || 3x4TB WD Red (JBOD) || SYBA SI-PEX40064 sata controller || Corsair CX500m || NZXT Source 210.

12 hours ago, QueenDemetria said:

Good for me and good for many other people as well. There is a market for "wireless Earpods", which you apparently didn't realize. 

Whenever I see people wearing earphones instead of headphones, I'm disgusted.

Judge a product on its own merits AND the company that made it.

How to setup MSI Afterburner OSD | How to make your AMD Radeon GPU more efficient with Radeon Chill | (Probably) Why LMG Merch shipping to the EU is expensive

Oneplus 6 (Early 2023 to present) | HP Envy 15" x360 R7 5700U (Mid 2021 to present) | Steam Deck (Late 2022 to present)

Mid 2023 AlTech Desktop Refresh - AMD R7 5800X (Mid 2023), XFX Radeon RX 6700XT MBA (Mid 2021), MSI X370 Gaming Pro Carbon (Early 2018), 32GB DDR4-3200 (16GB x2) (Mid 2022

Noctua NH-D15 (Early 2021), Corsair MP510 1.92TB NVMe SSD (Mid 2020), beQuiet Pure Wings 2 140mm x2 & 120mm x1 (Mid 2023),

8 hours ago, djdwosk97 said:

You can prefer whatever you want. That doesn't mean Apple shouldn't sell a wireless alternative. A lot of people clearly like having wireless headphones and would gladly take the trade off of having to charge them. 

Find me a good noise cancelling Bluetooth headphone which costs less than $200. Exactly, there are none.

Judge a product on its own merits AND the company that made it.

How to setup MSI Afterburner OSD | How to make your AMD Radeon GPU more efficient with Radeon Chill | (Probably) Why LMG Merch shipping to the EU is expensive

Oneplus 6 (Early 2023 to present) | HP Envy 15" x360 R7 5700U (Mid 2021 to present) | Steam Deck (Late 2022 to present)

Mid 2023 AlTech Desktop Refresh - AMD R7 5800X (Mid 2023), XFX Radeon RX 6700XT MBA (Mid 2021), MSI X370 Gaming Pro Carbon (Early 2018), 32GB DDR4-3200 (16GB x2) (Mid 2022

Noctua NH-D15 (Early 2021), Corsair MP510 1.92TB NVMe SSD (Mid 2020), beQuiet Pure Wings 2 140mm x2 & 120mm x1 (Mid 2023),

14 minutes ago, AluminiumTech said:

Find me a good noise cancelling Bluetooth headphone which costs less than $200. Exactly, there are none.

okay.....?

PSU Tier List | CoC

Spoiler

Spoiler

1 hour ago, AluminiumTech said:

Whenever I see people wearing earphones instead of headphones, I'm disgusted.

Audiophile mentality. 9_9

Sounds like religious fanaticism.

1 hour ago, Wix said:

Have you ever visited ANY audiophile forum? 

PSU Tier List | CoC

Spoiler

Spoiler

1 hour ago, Wix said:

Audiophile mentality. 9_9

You seriously just noticed?

Read the community standards; it's like a guide on how to not be a moron.

Gerdauf's Law: Each and every human being, without exception, is the direct carbon copy of the types of people that he/she bitterly opposes.

Remember, calling facts opinions does not ever make the facts opinions, no matter what nonsense you pull.

First reviews of the Airpods are coming in. 

Worth a watch to get a better idea of how they work before criticising them any further. I like what I am seeing. Can't wait for mine to deliver next week. :) 

On 13/12/2016 at 10:20 PM, Dabombinable said:

What we need is wireless charging/power from a device at a decent distance (say, 1m from a phone, 10-20m from the headphone/earphones charging base). Oh and a better standard for transmitting than Bluetooth.

Wireless charging over that distance? Don't think it's physically possible. That's a lot of energy to move across a lot of air

- snip-

10 minutes ago, MrDynamicMan said:

Wireless charging over that distance? Don't think it's physically possible. That's a lot of energy to move across a lot of air

Well the base would be plugged into the mains, and 1m away from the phone/device isn't that far.

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL

5 minutes ago, Dabombinable said:

Well the base would be plugged into the mains, and 1m away from the phone/device isn't that far.

It is though. If its magnetic thats one intense magnet, if it's laser it could burn a hole through your hand. Signal is easy to transmit over radio. Power? Have fun. 

- snip-

25 minutes ago, MrDynamicMan said:

It is though. If its magnetic thats one intense magnet, if it's laser it could burn a hole through your hand. Signal is easy to transmit over radio. Power? Have fun. 

Look at the ability to power a radio off the radio waves themselves over significant distances...

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL

3 hours ago, Dabombinable said:

3 hours ago, MrDynamicMan said:

I'm sure it's possible....although, I don't know how I feel about that kind of power running through my body constantly. 

PSU Tier List | CoC

Spoiler

Spoiler

Just had a thought.  Id be down for wireless headphones that used the vibrating your eardrum from over your ear.  Just like the google glass headset did. 

Id buy that. 

CPU: Amd 7800X3D | GPU: AMD 7900XTX