Username Change

Cypher_

Is it possible to change my username anywhere? I'm currently trying to change all my usernames to more or less match. Wanted to change it to "_Val" if its not taken already.

I may have asked this already, if so, I think an admin had to change it.

PM one of the mods

1 minute ago, deXxterlab97 said:

PM one of the mods

Ok I'll try it

afaik they won't change it unless it is in violation of the community standards.

[Out-of-date] Want to learn how to make your own custom Windows 10 image?

Desktop: AMD R9 3900X | ASUS ROG Strix X570-F | Radeon RX 5700 XT | EVGA GTX 1080 SC | 32GB Trident Z Neo 3600MHz | 1TB 970 EVO | 256GB 840 EVO | 960GB Corsair Force LE | EVGA G2 850W | Phanteks P400S

Laptop: Intel M-5Y10c | Intel HD Graphics | 8GB RAM | 250GB Micron SSD | Asus UX305FA

Server 01: Intel Xeon D 1541 | ASRock Rack D1541D4I-2L2T | 32GB Hynix ECC DDR4 | 4x8TB Western Digital HDDs | 32TB Raw 16TB Usable

Server 02: Intel i7 7700K | Gigabye Z170N Gaming5 | 16GB Trident Z 3200MHz

Just now, DeadEyePsycho said:

afaik they won't change it unless it is in violation of the community standards.

they changed mine though

6 minutes ago, DeadEyePsycho said:

5 minutes ago, deXxterlab97 said:

they changed mine though

Depends on the weather, and how many compliments the mod got that day, and also on pi*r^2.

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

Just now, Enderman said:

Depends on the weather, and how many compliments the mod got that day, and also on pi*r^2.

Vancouver has lots of rains

2 minutes ago, Enderman said:

True

[Out-of-date] Want to learn how to make your own custom Windows 10 image?

Desktop: AMD R9 3900X | ASUS ROG Strix X570-F | Radeon RX 5700 XT | EVGA GTX 1080 SC | 32GB Trident Z Neo 3600MHz | 1TB 970 EVO | 256GB 840 EVO | 960GB Corsair Force LE | EVGA G2 850W | Phanteks P400S

Laptop: Intel M-5Y10c | Intel HD Graphics | 8GB RAM | 250GB Micron SSD | Asus UX305FA

Server 01: Intel Xeon D 1541 | ASRock Rack D1541D4I-2L2T | 32GB Hynix ECC DDR4 | 4x8TB Western Digital HDDs | 32TB Raw 16TB Usable

Server 02: Intel i7 7700K | Gigabye Z170N Gaming5 | 16GB Trident Z 3200MHz

5 minutes ago, deXxterlab97 said:

Vancouver has lots of rains

4 minutes ago, DeadEyePsycho said:

True

But it's snowing this week so maybe they are in a holly jolly mood and will change his username ;)

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

2 minutes ago, Enderman said:

But it's snowing this week so maybe they are in a holly jolly mood and will change his username ;)

the hardest decision to me when changing username was who to write to. so i just picked the first one on the list

Just now, AniJan said:

Does it really matter what your name is?

no.

PM @Windspeed36. He handles name changes. Don't keep your hopes high, he needs to be in good mood to do any major changes unless your current name has some issues.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

2 hours ago, LoGiCalDrm said:

PM @Windspeed36. He handles name changes. Don't keep your hopes high, he needs to be in good mood to do any major changes unless your current name has some issues.

My name was changed by Windspeed and I got it first time quite easily............

Judge a product on its own merits AND the company that made it.

How to setup MSI Afterburner OSD | How to make your AMD Radeon GPU more efficient with Radeon Chill | (Probably) Why LMG Merch shipping to the EU is expensive

Oneplus 6 (Early 2023 to present) | HP Envy 15" x360 R7 5700U (Mid 2021 to present) | Steam Deck (Late 2022 to present)

Mid 2023 AlTech Desktop Refresh - AMD R7 5800X (Mid 2023), XFX Radeon RX 6700XT MBA (Mid 2021), MSI X370 Gaming Pro Carbon (Early 2018), 32GB DDR4-3200 (16GB x2) (Mid 2022

Noctua NH-D15 (Early 2021), Corsair MP510 1.92TB NVMe SSD (Mid 2020), beQuiet Pure Wings 2 140mm x2 & 120mm x1 (Mid 2023),

• 3 weeks later...
9 hours ago, MTLxXNajiXxMTL said:

I would like to change mine to messaged a mod and nothing RIP

You PM'ed Windspeed? Its holiday time so wait for day or two.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

2 hours ago, LoGiCalDrm said:

PM'ed him 8 days ago.

17 minutes ago, MTLxXNajiXxMTL said:

PM'ed him 8 days ago.

Try again. Or pm another mod if they can give more direct call.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

Linus said on WAN a couple of weeks back that they don't like to do name changes, not sure why, but apparently that's their thing.

OBSIDIAN: CPU AMD Ryzen 9 3900X | MB ASUS ROG Crosshair VIII Hero Wifi | RAM Corsair Dominator RGB 32gb 3600 | GPU ASUS ROG Strix RTX 2080 Ti OC |

Cooler Corsair Hydro X | Storage Samsung 970 Evo 1tb | Samsung 860 QVO 2tb x2 | Seagate Barracuda 4tb x2 | Case Cosair Obsidian 500D RGB SE |

PSU Corsair HX750 | Cablemod Cables | Monitor Asus PG35VQAsus PG279Q | HID Corsair K70 Rapidfire RGB low profile | Corsair Dark Core Pro RGB SE | Xbox One Elite Controller Series 2

23 minutes ago, DELTAprime said:

Linus said on WAN a couple of weeks back that they don't like to do name changes, not sure why, but apparently that's their thing.

I can understand their feeling. It's not exactly hard to do so, but it's a pain in the butt regardless.(time wise)

Especially if this forum is even remotely like the one I once managed for a few years, where you couldn't just click on someone's profile and edit the name there. You had to go in the forum's control panel of the forum itself and then edit that specific member's information. (PHPBB based)

If you wanted a specific name, you should've just made your account with that name instead. When you choose a username, you're expected to be keeping it for a long time, not just a few weeks/months.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700x / GPU: Asus Radeon RX 6750XT OC 12GB / RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4-3200
MOBO: MSI B450m Gaming Plus / NVME: Corsair MP510 240GB / Case: TT Core v21 / PSU: Seasonic 750W / OS: Win 10 Pro

4 hours ago, DELTAprime said:

4 hours ago, TetraSky said:

I can understand their feeling. It's not exactly hard to do so, but it's a pain in the butt regardless.(time wise)

Especially if this forum is even remotely like the one I once managed for a few years, where you couldn't just click on someone's profile and edit the name there. You had to go in the forum's control panel of the forum itself and then edit that specific member's information. (PHPBB based)

If you wanted a specific name, you should've just made your account with that name instead. When you choose a username, you're expected to be keeping it for a long time, not just a few weeks/months.

Here its more about getting to know people. Its easier to everyone. Mods remember which are the ones to keep eye on. Other users get to know which users provide good and helpful information.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

9 hours ago, LoGiCalDrm said:

Try again. Or pm another mod if they can give more direct call.

Windpeed take some time. In fact it took few weeks for him to change my username. And especially it's holiday season so it would be longer too

15 hours ago, LoGiCalDrm said:

on an unrelated topic for a PM, I have literally waited around 4 or 5 days for Nick Light. Seriously, I know it's Christmas and all but damn.

Judge a product on its own merits AND the company that made it.

How to setup MSI Afterburner OSD | How to make your AMD Radeon GPU more efficient with Radeon Chill | (Probably) Why LMG Merch shipping to the EU is expensive

Oneplus 6 (Early 2023 to present) | HP Envy 15" x360 R7 5700U (Mid 2021 to present) | Steam Deck (Late 2022 to present)

Mid 2023 AlTech Desktop Refresh - AMD R7 5800X (Mid 2023), XFX Radeon RX 6700XT MBA (Mid 2021), MSI X370 Gaming Pro Carbon (Early 2018), 32GB DDR4-3200 (16GB x2) (Mid 2022

Noctua NH-D15 (Early 2021), Corsair MP510 1.92TB NVMe SSD (Mid 2020), beQuiet Pure Wings 2 140mm x2 & 120mm x1 (Mid 2023),

Best way is to PM an Admin or Mod then report the PM, then every Mod/Admin can see it.

The current rules on username changes are:

• Issues with single sign-on, Steam/FB etc
  • Contains personal information e.g. your real name
  • Is offensive and likely we have contact you to get it changed

3 minutes ago, leadeater said:

Best way is to PM an Admin or Mod then report the PM, then every Mod/Admin can see it.

now all mods and admins inboxes get spammed with 1000 reports each day...

Looking at my signature are we now? Well too bad there's nothing here...

What? As I said, there seriously is nothing here :)