How Can I Roast Nvidia Fanboys?

lazyfortress
Go to solution Solved by Chaos_Sorcerer,

Fanboyism is peasantry. Don't fight peasantry with peasantry. I agree 100% with @gcubed.

As many others have noted, a GTX 1080 for $200 is...well...complete BS. Maybe a 1060. And the guy with the 960...well...your 380 is better in most cases, and that's that.

For the purpose of helping you out with your issue, I have only listed pro-AMD arguments (there are obviously arguments to be made from both sides). It's perfectly fine to like either company, or even both. I think something a lot of people don't take into account is that WE ARE CONSUMERS. WE DON'T BENEFIT FROM ONE COMPANY GAINING DOMINANCE OVER THE OTHER. In fact, we should be encouraging AMD to gain some market share and become a serious threat to Nvidia again. It's a basic principle of business - products are better for the consumer when there is more competition. 

Nvidia has only really been leading the market for the past few years. It's been pretty even for most of the time. Older AMD cards also tend to perform better in the long run than their Nvidia counterparts. Take my 290X, for example. Basically neck-in-neck with a 780 Ti (at the cost of heat/power draw :P), although it was outpaced way back in 2013/2014. Remember that the 780 Ti was $100+ more expensive at launch. Also, basically all of AMD's cards from the past while have better performance with new APIs. They also have longer driver support, which can really help to extend the life of cards. In my opinion (although this is definitely one of those unpopular ones), AMD has much, much, better game bundles than Nvidia does. Total War: Warhammer, Star Wars: Battlefront, Battlefield 1, Hitman, DOOM, Deus Ex: Mankind Divided, and Civilization VI. The traditional "Nvidia has better games" argument is invalid, IMO. 

Lately, AMD's really been focusing on performance/cost, and increasing their market share by targeting the masses rather than aiming for the top-performance spot. People seriously don't give AMD enough credit. "AMD doesn't have a chance against Nvidia"? Yes, they do, and if you doubt that...well...I don't know what to say. I'm rather disappointed to see how misinformed even some people on this forum are. Remember that AMD still hasn't released their top line of products yet, and they haven't updated their CPUs in years. We need to think about what they could announce on the 13th before we make any assumptions. 

People just haven't seen AMD truly dominate in a long time - that's the reason they think Nvidia is "the one and only top-tier maker". But when you step back and think about it, they've been making more progress than most people give credit for. 

Well today in Biology, I was made fun of by these two Nvidia fanboys.  One of them uses a GTX 960, and the other uses a GTX 1080.  They won't accept any of my anti-Nvidia facts.  They made fun of me for using a AMD FX 6300 and my XFX AMD R9 380.  They all started laughing at me and all.

Is there any way I can get back at them?  Their insults were very hurtful.  I'm pro-AMD.  One of the two that made fun of me said he got his GTX 1080 for $200, and it's still better than my R9 380.  I really want to insult then back...

Please, any help is appreciated!

My CPU collection list (link)

Gaming PC:  i5-8400, EVGA GTX 1080 SC, 16GB DDR4, 750W Corsair PSU

Server #1: 2x Xeon E5430s

My rarest CPU: 1x Intel Jaketown Everest @4.4GHz

Spoiler

Give them your AMD hardware? Should roast them enough

Ignore them and feel good about how sad, moronic and pathetic they are?

the thing with a 200$ 1080 is bullshit.

things that I don't like nvidia for is shit drivers, closed source programs, decreasing performance of older gpus with newer drivers.

but why fight about gpus really...

Longboarders/ skaters message me!

I doubt he got a 1080 for $200, but if he did, he is right it is better than a RX380 for that price xD

CPU Intel i5 4690k Mobo Gigabyte B85M-D3H GPU Sapphire Nitro AMD R9 Fury RAM 16.0GB @1600Mhz HDD Seagate Barracuda 1TB 

SSD Samsung EVO 250GB PSU Corsair CS750M  Case Corsair 350D Cooling Corsair H80i Monitor 2x AOC 2769M IPS Os Win 10 Home   

1. GTX 1080 for 200$ is BS

2. AMD has nothing to beat NVidia

3. Drop it and focus on important things.

CPU i7 6700k MB  MSI Z170A Pro Carbon GPU Zotac GTX980Ti amp!extreme RAM 16GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance 3k CASE Corsair 760T PSU Corsair RM750i MOUSE Logitech G9x KB Logitech G910 HS Sennheiser GSP 500 SC Asus Xonar 7.1 MONITOR Acer Predator xb270hu Storage 1x1TB + 2x500GB Samsung 7200U/m - 2x500GB SSD Samsung 850EVO

I imagine an overclocked R9 290X will roast damn near everyone/thing.  Apparently the GTX 4xx series cards ran quite warm as well, so I'm sure some sick burns are to be found there as well.

Joking aside.  Best way to not lose is to ignore them.  There's no winning.  

So...you want to roast Nvidia fanboys by being an AMD fanboy? How is that any better?

It's perfectly fine to like one product over the other. Hell, I'd prefer an Intel/Nvidia combo over what you have as well.

I wouldn't make fun of you for it, but chances are it does perform better.

AMD just has nothing out right now that can compete with their rivals. Maybe wait until the 490/Zen is released, and upgrade to that.

Then you'll have a fighting chance.

I also agree with everyone else. Fighting about stuff like this is just stupid. There are much more mature ways to handle such situations.

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900 Cooler: EVGA CLC280 Motherboard: Gigabyte B550i Pro AX RAM: Kingston Hyper X 32GB 3200mhz

Storage: WD 750 SE 500GB, WD 730 SE 1TB GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 Ti PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Streacom DA2

Monitor: LG 27GL83B Mouse: Razer Basilisk V2 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red Speakers: Mackie CR5BT

MiniPC - Sold for $100 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i3 4160 Cooler: Integrated Motherboard: Integrated

RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 16GB DDR3 Storage: Transcend MSA370 128GB GPU: Intel 4400 Graphics

PSU: Integrated Case: Shuttle XPC Slim

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

Budget Rig 1 - Sold For $750 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 7600k Cooler: CryOrig H7 Motherboard: MSI Z270 M5

RAM: Crucial LPX 16GB DDR4 Storage: Intel S3510 800GB GPU: Nvidia GTX 980

PSU: Corsair CX650M Case: EVGA DG73

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 4690k Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 Motherboard: MSI Z97i AC ITX

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

PSU: Thermaltake TR2 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

I don't know why you guys started that discussion, but if you are the one who started that, you are a fucking idiot for starting it anyway.

2 minutes ago, BloodyWaters said:

Tell them to shut up and play minecraft at 720p. 

2 minutes ago, PCNoobie said:

I don't know why you guys started that discussion, but if you are the one who started that, you are a fucking idiot for starting it anyway.

Your comments were counter productive, and unnecessary. Read the whole thread before responding.

Less so for you BloodyWaters

Computers r fun

TBH There is no way AMD can beat Nvidia in performance. AMD is great option for budget gpu tho.(ex: rx 470)

2 minutes ago, TheNuzziNuzz said:

Your comments were counter productive, and unnecessary. Read the whole thread before responding.

Less so for you BloodyWaters

It's the best I could think of. There's not much dirt on Nvidia. 

3 minutes ago, PCNoobie said:

TBH There is no way AMD can beat Nvidia in performance. AMD is great option for budget gpu tho.(rx 470)

Nvidia is offering some great budget options right now. I would agree that currently Nvidia has the lead for more powerful and value GPU's.

Computers r fun

20 minutes ago, lazyfortress said:

Well today in Biology, I was made fun of by these two Nvidia fanboys.  One of them uses a GTX 960, and the other uses a GTX 1080.  They won't accept any of my anti-Nvidia facts.  They made fun of me for using a AMD FX 6300 and my XFX AMD R9 380.  They all started laughing at me and all.

Is there any way I can get back at them?  Their insults were very hurtful.  I'm pro-AMD.  One of the two that made fun of me said he got his GTX 1080 for $200, and it's still better than my R9 380.  I really want to insult then back...

Please, any help is appreciated!

Just ignore them.

زندگی از چراغ

Intel Core i7 7800X 6C/12T (4.5GHz), Corsair H150i Pro RGB (360mm), Asus Prime X299-A, Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB (4X4GB & 2X8GB 3000MHz DDR4), MSI GeForce GTX 1070 Gaming X 8G (2.113GHz core & 9.104GHz memory), 1 Samsung 970 Evo Plus 1TB NVMe M.2, 1 Samsung 850 Pro 256GB SSD, 1 Samsung 850 Evo 500GB SSD, 1 WD Red 1TB mechanical drive, Corsair RM750X 80+ Gold fully modular PSU, Corsair Obsidian 750D full tower case, Corsair Glaive RGB mouse, Corsair K70 RGB MK.2 (Cherry MX Red) keyboard, Asus VN247HA (1920x1080 60Hz 16:9), Audio Technica ATH-M20x headphones & Windows 10 Home 64 bit. 

The time Linus replied to me on one of my threads: 

AMD has always been the winner... But they still lost.

man when I was at school there was more important thing to argue about

Ryzen Ram Guide

My Project Logs   Iced Blood    Temporal Snow    Temporal Snow Ryzen Refresh

CPU - Ryzen 1700 @ 4Ghz  Motherboard - Gigabyte AX370 Aorus Gaming 5   Ram - 16Gb GSkill Trident Z RGB 3200  GPU - Palit 1080GTX Gamerock Premium  Storage - Samsung XP941 256GB, Crucial MX300 525GB, Seagate Barracuda 1TB   PSU - Fractal Design Newton R3 1000W  Case - INWIN 303 White Display - Asus PG278Q Gsync 144hz 1440P

28 minutes ago, aisle9 said:

How can you roast NVIDIA fanboys?

Lock them in a case with an R9 390X.

as someone who owns (basically ) this card , i can confirm .

AMD Ryzen R7 1700 (3.8ghz) w/ NH-D14, EVGA RTX 2080 XC (stock), 4*4GB DDR4 3000MT/s RAM, Gigabyte AB350-Gaming-3 MB, CX750M PSU, 1.5TB SDD + 7TB HDD, Phanteks enthoo pro case

laugh at their fp64 performance

Capture.JPG

AMD Ryzen R7 1700 (3.8ghz) w/ NH-D14, EVGA RTX 2080 XC (stock), 4*4GB DDR4 3000MT/s RAM, Gigabyte AB350-Gaming-3 MB, CX750M PSU, 1.5TB SDD + 7TB HDD, Phanteks enthoo pro case