nice card and chair vs excellent card but no chair

orangebeaver45
Go to solution Solved by SirFlamenco,

Chair because it help for your back and sacrificing your health for more fps is a bit silly

hello everyone I'm forming my Christmas list and wondering if I should get a dxracer (I need a good chair because I home school and sit at my pc for 4-6 hours and the dxracers at my Microcenter  are $200) and a 1070 or a 1080 and 16 gb of ram instead of 8

I already have a computer the specs will be 4790k

(based on choice from this post)

16 ddr3 

gtx 1080

or 

8gb ddr3 

gtx 1070

I plan to game/stream/edit with the upgraded pc

Unless you are running full on 4k at high, you don't really need a 1080. I would get the chair and 1070

“When life gives you lemons, don’t make lemonade. Make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don’t want your damn lemons, what the hell am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life’s manager! Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons! Do you know who I am? I’m the man who’s gonna burn your house down! With the lemons! I’m gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!”

- Cave Johnson, founder and CEO of Aperture Science, in Portal 2

Id go card

Favorite Threads: PSU Tier List

My Stuff n' Things

Spoiler

The Beast (My Rig)   |CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 3900X|  |Cooling: Enermax Liquimax III, 6x 120mm Noctua Redux|  |Motherboard:  MSI MPG B550 Gaming Plus|  |RAM: 4x32gb 3200 G.Skill TridentZ NEO|  |Graphics Card: EVGA(RIP) GeForce RTX 3070TI FTW3|  |Power Supply: Corsair CX-M 750W|  |Case: Corsair 4000D Airflow Mid Tower Case(Black)|  |SSD: 1Tb WD BLACK NVMe, 500gb NVMe, 1Tb Samsung 850 EVO|  |Monitor: MSI Optix MPG341QR 34" Ultrawide|  |Keyboard: Logitech G815|  |Mouse: Logitech G203 LIGHTSYNC|  |Audio Interface: FiiO K7 DAC/Amp|  |Headphones: Sennheiser HD6XX |Webcam: Logitech C920, Logitech C270|

My Network Rack  |Switch: Cisco Dell PowerConnect 5548P|  |Router: Unifi USG|  |Rack: 12U|  |Server: HP Z420|  |Services: Proxmox PVE, Wireguard, Pihole, NVR, NAS|

the chair in that you are sitting in rn is fine get the better gpu get the higher fps will make you forget about how youre sitting

My PC is a fast boyo:

6700K - 32GB - 1080 - 256GB EVO

^^You don't need more info than this right?^^

Depends on resolution that you are playing on.

If you have 1080p or 1440p monitor, you can just go with GTX 1070, since it will deliver 60fps up to 1440p resolution in 99% of the times (games).

But if you are playing at 4K, GTX 1080 is a must.

Intel i7 12700K | Gigabyte Z690 Gaming X DDR4 | Pure Loop 240mm | G.Skill 3200MHz 32GB CL14 | CM V850 G2 | RTX 3070 Phoenix | Lian Li O11 Air mini

Samsung EVO 960 M.2 250GB | Samsung EVO 860 PRO 512GB | 4x Be Quiet! Silent Wings 140mm fans

WD My Cloud 4TB

Chair because it help for your back and sacrificing your health for more fps is a bit silly

So true it hurts

6 minutes ago, orangebeaver45 said:

hello everyone I'm forming my Christmas list and wondering if I should get a dxracer (I need a good chair because I home school and sit at my pc for 4-6 hours and the dxracers at my Microcenter  are $200) and a 1070 or a 1080 and 16 gb of ram instead of 8

I already have a computer the specs will be 4790k

(based on choice from this post)

16 ddr3 

gtx 1080

or 

8gb ddr3 

gtx 1070

I plan to game/stream/edit with the upgraded pc

I was in the same situation as you, I got the 1080 and 16 gb RAM and I thank god I did that because I really don't notice the chair with the gpu and RAM keeping the game so immersive

GTX1070 is plenty for a single monitor without 4K. It's a scientifically proven fact that games go 40% faster on a DXRacer. I have the Formula with an exclusive racing stripe myself and I can tell you I feel the speed. 

11 minutes ago, Redsun20 said:

Unless you are running full on 4k at high, you don't really need a 1080. I would get the chair and 1070

even then it's a waste of money, a 1080 can only barely keep up with 4k (at high/ultra) whereas for not much more you can buy two 1070s.

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

from my experience dxracer chairs are the worst chairs on planet earth id rather sit on a bed of nails than a dxracer or any other bucket car seat style chair you much better getting a truly ergonomic chair you'll thank yourself when youre 30, 40, 50 etc. 

I lurk a lot

Christmas List....i remember my Christmas Lists. They were not worth 800$....

CPU i7 6700k MB  MSI Z170A Pro Carbon GPU Zotac GTX980Ti amp!extreme RAM 16GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance 3k CASE Corsair 760T PSU Corsair RM750i MOUSE Logitech G9x KB Logitech G910 HS Sennheiser GSP 500 SC Asus Xonar 7.1 MONITOR Acer Predator xb270hu Storage 1x1TB + 2x500GB Samsung 7200U/m - 2x500GB SSD Samsung 850EVO

Im going with the chair and 1070 bc my Walmart pleather one doesn't have armrests and has fabric, screws and other R.A.S. falling off of it its so old and I'll only be streaming in 1080p and maybe I can shovel snow and work to get the 16gb of ram

2 minutes ago, orangebeaver45 said:

Im going with the chair and 1070 bc my Walmart pleather one doesn't have armrests and has fabric, screws and other R.A.S. falling off of it its so old and I'll only be streaming in 1080p and maybe I can shovel snow and work to get the 16gb of ram

A wise choice.

qυoтe мe pleaѕe!

Me at the Apple store: "So how fast is this little macbook?"

Apple employee: "Cheetah Fast. Lightning Fast. It's Really, really, fast."

Have you ever sat in a DX Racer? Might want to before you buy one. Too bad you're not local, I have 2 friends getting rid of theirs for next to nothing because of how horribly uncomfortable they are.

One also had his arm fail 8 months into use. Not the greatest build.

Personally I'd go for the excellent card, and save up for a quality ergonomic chair.

4 hours ago, SirFlamenco said:

Except the DX Racer isn't at all aimed at back support.

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900 Cooler: EVGA CLC280 Motherboard: Gigabyte B550i Pro AX RAM: Kingston Hyper X 32GB 3200mhz

Storage: WD 750 SE 500GB, WD 730 SE 1TB GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 Ti PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Streacom DA2

Monitor: LG 27GL83B Mouse: Razer Basilisk V2 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red Speakers: Mackie CR5BT

MiniPC - Sold for $100 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i3 4160 Cooler: Integrated Motherboard: Integrated

RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 16GB DDR3 Storage: Transcend MSA370 128GB GPU: Intel 4400 Graphics

PSU: Integrated Case: Shuttle XPC Slim

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

Budget Rig 1 - Sold For $750 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 7600k Cooler: CryOrig H7 Motherboard: MSI Z270 M5

RAM: Crucial LPX 16GB DDR4 Storage: Intel S3510 800GB GPU: Nvidia GTX 980

PSU: Corsair CX650M Case: EVGA DG73

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 4690k Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 Motherboard: MSI Z97i AC ITX

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

PSU: Thermaltake TR2 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

GET THE CHAIR DO IT. I own one myself and omg it's amazeing well worth the cash. I got the zero f series. and it helps me sit up straight and no hunch over. chair helps in the long run compared to a pretty n bit better graphics card o.O don't turn out like this picture so get the chairrrrr

The_348b99_5469365.jpg

5 hours ago, dizmo said:

Except the DX Racer isn't at all aimed at back support.

I have to disagree with you on this one, the dx chair comes with a pillow, take a look on google image. Would surely help your back in the long term.

So true it hurts

6 minutes ago, SirFlamenco said:

I have to disagree with you on this one, the dx chair comes with a pillow, take a look on google image. Would surely help your back in the long term.

A pillow does little. I've tried it. Compared to even a $75 adjustable chair from Staples, it's horrible.

Think about it. It's made from what's essentially a race car seat. They're designed to keep you from moving side to side, they're not designed for comfort.

Have you used one?

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900 Cooler: EVGA CLC280 Motherboard: Gigabyte B550i Pro AX RAM: Kingston Hyper X 32GB 3200mhz

Storage: WD 750 SE 500GB, WD 730 SE 1TB GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 Ti PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Streacom DA2

Monitor: LG 27GL83B Mouse: Razer Basilisk V2 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red Speakers: Mackie CR5BT

Spoiler

RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 16GB DDR3 Storage: Transcend MSA370 128GB GPU: Intel 4400 Graphics

Spoiler

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

6 hours ago, dizmo said:

A pillow does little. I've tried it. Compared to even a $75 adjustable chair from Staples, it's horrible.

Think about it. It's made from what's essentially a race car seat. They're designed to keep you from moving side to side, they're not designed for comfort.

Have you used one?

I have one actually and it helps not only from moving but it holds your body and cradles it like a race car and makes you sit up straight with the arm rest supporting your arms so you don't get fatigue in the arms ;) it never makes my back hurt and the neck/head pillow is amazeing but lumbar pillow is meh to me. I put a cover onto mine to protect it and I sit in the chair for hours ^^

VZM.IMG_20161115_174236.jpg

2 hours ago, charles899 said:

I have one actually and it helps not only from moving but it holds your body and cradles it like a race car and makes you sit up straight with the arm rest supporting your arms so you don't get fatigue in the arms ;) it never makes my back hurt and the neck/head pillow is amazeing but lumbar pillow is meh to me. I put a cover onto mine to protect it and I sit in the chair for hours ^^

Compared to a proper ergonomic chair, that honestly doesn't cost a great deal more, they're horrible value for the dollar.

Spoiler

Spoiler

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

Chair. Good chair will last much longer than great GPU. My chair has been at my possession for over 10 years. And its bought used.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

10 hours ago, dizmo said:

Compared to a proper ergonomic chair, that honestly doesn't cost a great deal more, they're horrible value for the dollar.

Actually well worth every dollar meaning if you sit in it for 300 hours at the cost of $300 that's easily 1 dollar per hour with no back pain,slouching,leaning and such that means that's a dollar well spent and looks cool,tons of features and never wears out if you take care of it :D ergonomic chair is for old people also

22 hours ago, charles899 said:

Actually well worth every dollar meaning if you sit in it for 300 hours at the cost of $300 that's easily 1 dollar per hour with no back pain,slouching,leaning and such that means that's a dollar well spent and looks cool,tons of features and never wears out if you take care of it :D ergonomic chair is for old people also

I easily spend about 3-4 hours a day sitting in a chair doing schoolwork alone not even counting gaming so I'm going to get the chair and call it an investment for good health 

1 hour ago, orangebeaver45 said:

I easily spend about 3-4 hours a day sitting in a chair doing schoolwork alone not even counting gaming so I'm going to get the chair and call it an investment for good health 

Good choice my man! you won't be disappointed as I was not with the chair. I got the zero series and wow amazeing and when I game I spent hours in your chair worry free

costco office chairs are cheaper and just as comfortable.