Another Tesla Model S Catches Fire [MEXICO]

It's as if as soon as the "first" surfaces to the public, the next couple similar events happen in quick succession. Everybody knows that the Tesla Model S is one of the safest cars in the world at the moment, but that was soon called into question a few weeks earlier when a Model S struck a piece of debris in Washington State, USA, later bursting into flames. Tesla PR handled it pretty well and the subsequent investigation revealed all we needed to know. Now, a second confirmed Model S crash as surfaced, and again this one seems to be a result of driver error (suspected driving under the influence).

ku-bigpic.jpg

This crash took place in the Yucatan city of Merida. It is believed to have occurred on October 18, and the Mexican newspaper Progreso Hoy stated:

"...the Tesla sped into a roundabout, struck a wall and then crashed into another wall in a private residence before hitting a tree."

Bystanders shot a quick video capturing the burning wreck:

Tesla PR has their work cut out for them, but hopefully this doesn't stagnate the progression of electric vehicles too badly. A statement from Tesla PR:

“We were able to contact the driver quickly and are pleased that he is safe. This was a significant accident where the car was traveling at such a high speed that it smashed through a concrete wall and then hit a large tree, yet the driver walked away from the car with no permanent injury. He is appreciative of the safety and performance of the car and has asked if we can expedite delivery of his next Model S.” 

Source: http://jalopnik.com/another-tesla-model-s-caught-fire-after-a-crash-in-mexi-1453376349

Jalopnik has a pretty extensive guide into all the details regarding the first incident. Highly recommended read if you're into all things Tesla.

Additional reading: http://jalopnik.com/your-guide-to-the-tesla-model-s-fire-and-why-its-not-1440653929

If you want to read into an updated article on the first Tesla Model S crash in the states, a link is provided below. The US Government has stated that they will not investigate that specific incident any further, but it'd be pretty interesting to see how the Mexican Government handles the situation.

Additional reading: http://jalopnik.com/this-is-what-fiery-tesla-model-s-death-looks-like-1440143525

Folding@Home | BOINC

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 3900X + Celsius S36 GPU: ASUS TUF RTX3080 

MB: ASRock x470 Taichi RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4-2666 32GB 

CASE: Fractal Design Define 7 Panda STORAGE: WD Black SN770 2TB + WD Red Pro 6TB

If you drive stupdily you will break things, tesla gets too much attention, i saw with my own eyes a nissian leaf crash and catch fire, no one gave two shits.

cpu: intel i5 4670k @ 4.5ghz Ram: G skill ares 2x4gb 2166mhz cl10 Gpu: GTX 680 liquid cooled cpu cooler: Raijintek ereboss Mobo: gigabyte z87x ud5h psu: cm gx650 bronze Case: Zalman Z9 plus

Listen if you care.

Cpu: intel i7 4770k @ 4.2ghz Ram: G skill  ripjaws 2x4gb Gpu: nvidia gtx 970 cpu cooler: akasa venom voodoo Mobo: G1.Sniper Z6 Psu: XFX proseries 650w Case: Zalman H1

why are rich people always stupid?

ITX Monster: CPU: I5 4690K GPU: MSI 970 4G Mobo: Asus Formula VI Impact RAM: Kingston 8 GB 1600MHz PSU: Corsair RM 650 SSD: Crucial MX100 512 GB HDD: laptop drive 1TB Keyboard: logitech G710+ Mouse: Steelseries Rival Monitor: LG IPS 23" Case: Corsair 250D Cooling: H100i

Mobile: Phone: Broken HTC One (M7) Totaly Broken OnePlus ONE Samsung S6 32GB  :wub:  Tablet: Google Nexus 7 2013 edition

i Still want one though 

hell yeah i think model s looks sweet

Its all about those volumetric clouds

It's not going to be the stupidity of the driver of the Model S that will cause problems, it will be the other people who crash into the Model S.

This IS an issue with the car, if these things are going to catch on fire when they are hit, then something will have to change. You can't blame the car's driver in every situation, especially when there are plenty of other dangerous drivers who are going to be causing problems.

CPU: i5 3570k @ 3.4 GHz      RAMKingston HyperX Grey Series 8GB (2 x 4GB)      MOBO: ASRock Z77E-ITX  

GPU: Gigabyte Aorus 1060 6GB     HDD's: WD Caviar Blue 1TB  

PSUSilverStone Strider ST50F-P 500W       Case: BitFenix Prodigy (Black)    

his/her own fault you are not suppost to crach into things 

If you tell a big enough lie and tell it frequently enough it will be believed.

-Adolf Hitler 

It's a conspiracy from the oil company!! :lol:

The driver survived after driving clean through two concrete walls and hitting a tree, but... The car caught fire? I'm not getting one, I like my cars to be completely indestructible, so I'm sticking with what I've got now, if I drive that through a concrete wall, it'll...uh... well, it'll... er...

Hmm...

why are rich people always stupid?

because they have to much money to care about anything.

One could just as easily create a slideshow of various super cars (or just the average daily driver) on fire out of context and then pull 'facts' out of their butthole to fuel propaganda.

Dude, if a car smashes through a concrete wall, hits another wall, knocks down a tree and the driver gets no serious injury then I think we can all agree that it is safe. If I crashed against a concrete wall at high speeds I'm pretty sure that my body wouldn't even be recognizable anymore.

I'm sorry but am I the only one surpised that someone in Mexico the land of gangs and human trafficing was even able to afford a model s? was he/she related to a drug lord? 

#KilledMyWife 

LTT's Resident Black Star

I should get an award for still being here at this point 

I'm sorry but am I the only one surpised that someone in Mexico the land of gangs and human trafficing was even able to afford a model s? was he/she related to a drug lord? 

That's what I thought too.

"You Can't Buy Happiness, But You Can Buy Horsepower, And That's Kind of The Same Thing."

This IS an issue with the car, if these things are going to catch on fire when they are hit, then something will have to change. You can't blame the car's driver in every situation, especially when there are plenty of other dangerous drivers who are going to be causing problems.

And gas cars dont catch on fire?

AAAAAAAAAGGGGGGGHHHHH!!!!

And gas cars dont catch on fire?

They do but burn safer aka no 14 explosions of acid rain only 1 and its easier to put out

#KilledMyWife 

LTT's Resident Black Star

I should get an award for still being here at this point 

They do but burn safer aka no 14 explosions of acid rain only 1 and its easier to put out

The Ford Pinto explodes every time you rear-end it. 

"You Can't Buy Happiness, But You Can Buy Horsepower, And That's Kind of The Same Thing."

But they light up easier

AAAAAAAAAGGGGGGGHHHHH!!!!

In a gas car if it catches fire you're burned alive, in the tesla model S the car tells you to stop and leave the vehicle and no one gets hurt. And you wouldn't have survived the 2 concrete walls + a tree in a normal car to have to worry about the fire.

All this proves is that the Tesla  Model S is incredibly safe. The driver survived crashing through a concrete wall and hitting a tree, having his car set on fire, yet he had no serious injuries. 

Case-NZXT H440 | Motherboard-Gigabyte Z77X-UD3H | RAM-Kingston HyperX Blue 2x8GB 1600MHz | CPU-Intel 3770K @ 4.3GHz at 1.215v | Heatsink-Coolermaster Hyper212 Evo | GPU-EVGA GTX660 SC | SSD-MX200 250GB | HDD-Seagate Barracuda 3TB | PSU-EVGA GS650

Mouse-Logitech G600 | Keyboard-Ducky Shine 3 MX Blue. white backlight | Headphones-Audiotechnica ATH-M50s. Beyerdynamic DT990