Unigine Valley Benchmark Scores Thread + SUPERPOSITION ***Over 1000 Submissions!***

Jumper118
11 minutes ago, Mk7-Golf-R said:

Are there some setting to change for 1080 and 1440? It's like I'm hitting a wall at 120fps. My gpu temps is only at 66 Celsius, and  the cards were at 80% power

Yes, there are some settings.  CPU multiplier, cache multiplier, CPU voltage, and  cache voltage for starters.  The last submission I saw of yours was at 4.0 GHz.  If that remains the same, you need to increase it.  

Valley does not like Pascal in SLI for some odd reason.  It's the only bench I've run that does not scale well with Pascal for some odd reason. 

The only hope you've got is to crank up the CPU!!!

2 minutes ago, done12many2 said:

Yes, there are some settings.  CPU multiplier, cache multiplier, CPU voltage, and  cache voltage for starters.  The last submission I saw of yours was at 4.0 GHz.  If that remains the same, you need to increase it.  

Valley does not like Pascal in SLI for some odd reason.  It's the only bench I've run that does not scale well with Pascal for some odd reason. 

same problem with maxwell to an extent as well. its to do with the memory compression thing i think.

Rig Specs:

AMD Threadripper 5990WX@4.8Ghz

Asus Zenith III Extreme

Asrock OC Formula 7970XTX Quadfire

G.Skill Ripheartout X OC 7000Mhz C28 DDR5 4X16GB  

Super Flower Power Leadex 2000W Psu's X2

Harrynowl's 775/771 OC and mod guide: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/232325-lga775-core2duo-core2quad-overclocking-guide/ http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/365998-mod-lga771-to-lga775-cpu-modification-tutorial/

ProKoN haswell/DC OC guide: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/41234-intel-haswell-4670k-4770k-overclocking-guide/

"desperate for just a bit more money to watercool, the titan x would be thankful" Carter -2016

1 minute ago, Jumper118 said:

same problem with maxwell to an extent as well. its to do with the memory compression thing i think.

Agreed and it's even worse on Pascal.  My 980 Tis scored worse than my 1080s individually, but slightly better in SLI.  This only happens with Valley.  In everything else, the increase is pretty dramatic.

1 minute ago, done12many2 said:

Agreed and it's even worse on Pascal.  My 980 Tis scored worse than my 1080s individually, but slightly better in SLI.  This only happens with Valley.  In everything else, the increase is pretty dramatic.

yes. thats why i have moved on to catzilla and fs now. 

Rig Specs:

AMD Threadripper 5990WX@4.8Ghz

Asus Zenith III Extreme

Asrock OC Formula 7970XTX Quadfire

G.Skill Ripheartout X OC 7000Mhz C28 DDR5 4X16GB  

Super Flower Power Leadex 2000W Psu's X2

Harrynowl's 775/771 OC and mod guide: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/232325-lga775-core2duo-core2quad-overclocking-guide/ http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/365998-mod-lga771-to-lga775-cpu-modification-tutorial/

ProKoN haswell/DC OC guide: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/41234-intel-haswell-4670k-4770k-overclocking-guide/

"desperate for just a bit more money to watercool, the titan x would be thankful" Carter -2016

1 minute ago, Jumper118 said:

yes. thats why i have moved on to catzilla and fs now. 

Good call.  I'm still working on it, but have a few other projects going on at the same time.

I should add that I've completely ruled out CPU speed as the limiting factor in my case.  I suspected that my 5960x at 5 GHz might be limiting things some so I tried a 6700k at 5 and 5.1 GHz.  That 6700k cranked out a 219cb R15 at 5 GHz, so no doubt it was better in single core performance than my 5960x.  With that said, the scores were all well within a margin of error and the scores were no better with the z170 SLI setup.  So whatever is causing my particular issue, it's not the CPU.  I lean heavily towards the compression you speak of.  

1 hour ago, arnavvr said:

Are you getting a fourth Fury?

If I can find a Nitro OC+ for a decent price I might. 

LTT Unigine SUPERPOSITION scoreboardhttps://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1jvq_--P35FbqY8Iv_jn3YZ_7iP1I_hR0_vk7DjKsZgI/edit#gid=0

Intel i7 8700k || ASUS Z370-I ITX || AMD Radeon VII || 16GB 4266mhz DDR4 || Silverstone 800W SFX-L || 512GB 950 PRO M.2 + 3.5TB of storage SSD's

SCHIIT Lyr 3 Multibit || HiFiMAN HE-1000 V2 || MrSpeakers Ether C

41 minutes ago, Mk7-Golf-R said:

Are there some setting to change for 1080 and 1440? It's like I'm hitting a wall at 120fps. My gpu temps is only at 66 Celsius, and  the cards were at 80% power

120 fps is about where I'd think the 1070's should be at 1440p. If you are stuck at 120fps at 1080p then something else is probably happening. Even without a CPU OC it should be higher than that.

As for the Valley settings, 1080p is just the ExtremeHD preset, 1440p uses the same settings you used at 4k only at 1440p.

LTT Unigine SUPERPOSITION scoreboardhttps://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1jvq_--P35FbqY8Iv_jn3YZ_7iP1I_hR0_vk7DjKsZgI/edit#gid=0

Intel i7 8700k || ASUS Z370-I ITX || AMD Radeon VII || 16GB 4266mhz DDR4 || Silverstone 800W SFX-L || 512GB 950 PRO M.2 + 3.5TB of storage SSD's

3 hours ago, done12many2 said:

do you think this is a safe setting to leave the 5930k on? or should i back it down some. i'm somewhat a beginner with this. 

i just let the asus optimization app overclock it. I put in 4.5ghz and it ran the tests. it never crashed or anything.

what is a recommended voltage and temp for a cpu?

Screenshot (13).png

Intel 5930k/ asus x99 deluxe II/ 32gb crucial ballistix ram/ Evga 1080 ti SC2/ enermax air cooler/ enthoo luxe case

2 minutes ago, Mk7-Golf-R said:

do you think this is a safe setting to leave the 5930k on? or should i back it down some. i'm somewhat a beginner with this. 

i just let the asus optimization app overclock it. I put in 4.5ghz and it ran the tests. it never crashed or anything.

what is a recommended voltage and temp for a cpu?

I'd stay away from that auto OC business if I was you.  

Voltages requirements will change based on CPU speed.  The faster you run the CPU, the more voltage you'll need to maintain stability.  Same with cache.  The more voltage you run the more heat you'll need to dissipate. 

I don't know where your voltage is now, but with Haswell-E, 1.3v in the area of 4.5 is a good starting point.  If you test stability and it's fine, decrease voltage and retest.  Once you crash, add more back in and do a final test.

I do a much more complex version of this for my overclocking, but that's it in a nutshell.

4 minutes ago, done12many2 said:

I'd stay away from that auto OC business if I was you.  

Voltages requirements will change based on CPU speed.  The faster you run the CPU, the more voltage you'll need to maintain stability.  Same with cache.  The more voltage you run the more heat you'll need to dissipate. 

I don't know where your voltage is now, but with Haswell-E, 1.3v in the area of 4.5 is a good starting point.  If you test stability and it's fine, decrease voltage and retest.  Once you crash, add more back in and do a final test.

I do a much more complex version of this for my overclocking, but that's it in a nutshell.

What's a good stability test to run, I read that some can fry your cpu.

Intel 5930k/ asus x99 deluxe II/ 32gb crucial ballistix ram/ Evga 1080 ti SC2/ enermax air cooler/ enthoo luxe case

1 minute ago, Mk7-Golf-R said:

Asus Realbench is the one I use. Or you can just wing it and see if it makes it through Valley, haha.

What kind of cooling does your CPU have?

6 minutes ago, Mk7-Golf-R said:

Don't fall for the overly dramatic posts on LTT.  You don't want to try to fry your CPU, but it's not likely going to happen as a result of your stress testing.  If you listen to all of the self-proclaimed experts around here, you'll never leave your house for fear of the unknown.  :D

With that said, things like RealBench, OCCT, and AIDA64 are good starters.  No need to really run them though as the real test is can you make it through Valley?  You're only overclocking to get your score up so if it makes it through Valley, the rest of the crap doesn't matter.  If you decided to run it overclocked daily, then worry about stress testing.

Enermax air cooler. I'm probably expecting a lot from it. This is my first build. It's a basic build really with now water cooling.

image.jpg

Enermax air cooler. I'm probably expecting a lot from it. This is my first build. It's a basic build really with now water cooling.

With that being said, disable two or four cores and overclock the remaining.  Thermal load will drop dramatically and you can get the clock speed of the remaining active cores a bit higher without hitting ridiculous temperatures.

Ya, not sure how far you can push that 5930k without worrying about cooling. There's only one way to find out, and the CPU won't let itself get to hot so there's not too much to worry about. Watercooling isn't necessary, it just makes adequate cooling take up less space basically. @done12many2 may have other opinions there though :D

2 minutes ago, Masada02 said:

Ya, not sure how far you can push that 5930k without worrying about cooling. There's only one way to find out, and the CPU won't let itself get to hot so there's not too much to worry about. Watercooling isn't necessary, it just makes adequate cooling take up less space basically. @done12many2 may have other opinions there though :D

Yeah, water cooling is for idiots that are just trying to show off!! :o

My 5960X is watercooled... I agree, lol. It just looks so good in my case I couldn't help it.

It does have legitimate benefits though, but air cooling gets pretty close for a lot less money.

valley_sub_thread.PNG

That overclock is at +200mV... I plan to slap a new BIOS on it and overclock the hell out of it once I get an AiO for it c:

You may notice that the BIOS is from a 290X.... I wish that worked :<

USEFUL LINKS:

PSU Tier List F@H stats

1 minute ago, Masada02 said:

but air cooling gets pretty close for a lot less money.

I'd like to add, gets pretty close at moderate OC levels.  When you are pushing things to extremes, it's not even remotely close.  Especially on x99.

I'd like to add, gets pretty close at moderate OC levels.  When you are pushing things to extremes, it's not even remotely close.  Especially on x99.

True. But I bet if someone designed a giant ass heatsink, or if you blew ice cold air through a normal air cooler it could get close :D 

3 hours ago, Masada02 said:

True. But I bet if someone designed a giant ass heatsink, or if you blew ice cold air through a normal air cooler it could get close :D 

Ha!  Well played Sir. Well played.

4 hours ago, done12many2 said:

Looking over your build compared to mine, it boggles my mind how I got within 6 fps of  yours  on  4k.

Is there something holding it back like it seems to be doing with 1080p on mine? I don't know how I scored so well on 4k. I tried repeating it, and I can get within 1fps so it wasn't a fluke.

I may just stick with how I have it. I wont really ever need to run it at 1080p.

My 1080p was 105fps.

32 minutes ago, Mk7-Golf-R said:

Looking over your build compared to mine, it boggles my mind how I got within 6 fps of  yours  on  4k.

Is there something holding it back like it seems to be doing with 1080p on mine? I don't know how I scored so well on 4k. I tried repeating it, and I can get within 1fps so it wasn't a fluke.

I may just stick with how I have it. I wont really ever need to run it at 1080p.

My 1080p was 105fps.

It could be that you have the most awesome 1070s :D     

Or it could have something to do with everything we mentioned about Pascal / Valley scaling issues on the previous page.

A comparison of 1070s and 1080s in SLI with Valley is a waste of time at this point.  Valley and Pascal do not play well together.

I guess we could see how they compared in other tests? 

Since the 980s got a hefty bump in score with the 5820K i wonder how good my 660s would do.

If only i had them :(

Our Grace. The Feathered One. He shows us the way. His bob is majestic and shows us the path. Follow unto his guidance and His example. He knows the one true path. Our Saviour. Our Grace. Our Father Birb has taught us with His humble heart and gentle wing the way of the bob. Let us show Him our reverence and follow in His example. The True Path of the Feathered One. ~ Dimboble-dubabob III

This was absolutely as far as I could take my 390 without even the slightest trace of artifacts. Tweaked the voltage to +90 mV and it was good to go. Pretty satisfied with that score for what I'm running with, really.

finalgpuocscore.png

CPU: i7 7700k @ 4.9GHz Cooling: NZXT Kraken X62 RAM: 16 GB GSkill Trident Z RGB GPU: Sapphire Nitro R9 390 Case:Phanteks Evolv TG