AMD Preparing Tahiti XTL Revision of Radeon R9 280X Graphic Card For November Release

RyanTH98

So it looks like an update is coming to the R9 290x. The Tahiti XTL was supposed to be a refined version of the Tahiti chip compared to the one currently featured on the R9 280X and HD 7970 GHz edition graphic cards.

AMD is planning to do a running-change with the Radeon R9 280X and offer the Tahiti XTL variant without anyone knowing that the chip has actually been released. The Tahiti XTL chip is supposedly going to end up in various Radeon R9 280X graphic cards in November. No new naming or branding scheme would be introduced by manufacture’s or AMD to differentiate between the Tahiti XTL and Tahiti XT2 based Radeon R9 280X graphic cards which will end up causing slight bit of confusion among the consumer market.

The new Tahiti XTL chip would bring lower power consumption, possibly new features such as AMD TrueAudio and full DirectX 11.2 support and even higher clocks. There would still be a large quantity of Tahiti XT2 chips in the market but those looking for the XTL based cards would have to search through their purchases since their isn’t going to be any differentiating factor between the two variants. Pricing of the Radeon R9 280X will remain unaffected and supply won’t be an issue since AMD always has those left-overs Tahiti XT2 chips to rebrand as the R9 280X graphic card.

Article Link:http://wccftech.com/amd-preparing-tahiti-xtl-revision-radeon-r9-280x-graphic-card/

So are you guys going to wait now until you can easily find an XTL version?

So are they not going to advertise trueaudio ? so they are baiting customers to buy a 280x, because they might get a better chip?

what is this nonsense???

Personal Build Project "Rained-On"

helped building up the CPU Overclocking Database and GPU Overclocking Database, check them out ;)

#KilledMyWife #MakeBombs #LinusIsNotFunny || Please, dont use non-default grey font colors. Think about the night-theme users! ;)

I feel sorry for those that bought a 280x already. I'll get this card after November so I get a proper next gen gpu.

I'm going to go ahead & shoot this ridiculous article down, the Tahiti XTL chip is what's being used right now in the R9 280X, it's not a Tahiti XT2 (7970 Ghz) or a Tahiti XT (7970).
It's clocked exactly between both.
AMD_Radeon_Rx_200_Series#Radeon_R9_280
What AMD is actually preparing is a 7950 replacement.

is this even legal, I mean f.i. in gemany there are laws agains "fooling boxes", to translate somehow, that dont contain what they re supposed to...

a 280x is officially a tahiti xt, not l

Personal Build Project "Rained-On"

helped building up the CPU Overclocking Database and GPU Overclocking Database, check them out ;)

#KilledMyWife #MakeBombs #LinusIsNotFunny || Please, dont use non-default grey font colors. Think about the night-theme users! ;)

AMD is not going to change the feature set and architecture of a product which is already on the market and then keep the same name. Imagine the confusion.

I think there just going to add true audio.

2500k 4.0ghz,GTX 1070 oc,MSI Z77A-GD55,G.SKILL Ripjaws(4 x 2GB)DDR3 1333,OCZ Arc 100 240gb,Samsung Spinpoint F3 1TB,Corsair TX 750w v1,CoolerMaster HAF 912,Hyper 212 EVO

I'm going to go ahead & shoot this ridiculous article down, the Tahiti XTL chip is what's being used right now in the R9 280X, it's not a Tahiti XT2 (7970 Ghz) or a Tahiti XT (7970).

It's clocked exactly between both.

AMD_Radeon_Rx_200_Series#Radeon_R9_280

What AMD is actually preparing is a 7950 replacement.

sounds much more reasonable.

Daily Driver:

Case: Red Prodigy CPU: i5 3570K @ 4.3 GHZ GPU: Powercolor PCS+ 290x @1100 mhz MOBO: Asus P8Z77-I CPU Cooler: NZXT x40 RAM: 8GB 2133mhz AMD Gamer series Storage: A 1TB WD Blue, a 500GB WD Blue, a Samsung 840 EVO 250GB

This couldn't happen, Imagine if some cards had TrueAudio without them advertising and others didn't it would backfire so bad! This can't be true.

Any 7000series GPU's from AMD has the 'hardware' or what ever you call it to support DirectX 11.2 fully.

| CPU: INTEL i5 6600k @ 4.6Ghz @ 1.328v | Motherboard: ASUS Z170-AR | Ram: G.SKILL 2x8GB 2400Mhz | CPU Cooler : Corsair H100i V2

| GPU: GIGABYTE GTX980Ti G1 GAMING | SSD: SAMSUNG 840 EVO 250GB  Storage: WD 1TB GREEN | OS: Windows 10 Pro 64bit | PSU: FSP 650W AURUM S |

<<<<< BLK-Phant0m >>>>>

If I'm not able to crossfire XTL and XT2 I'll abandon AMD forever.

144Hz goodness

Article smells of bullshit. DX11.2 is already supported in the 7000 series and TrueAudio requires die real estate.

This couldn't happen, Imagine if some cards had TrueAudio without them advertising and others didn't it would backfire so bad! This can't be true.

Correct, it would be false advertising and they could be sued for doing so.

@TechFan@ic hit the nail on the head. This article seems to be complete BS.

If I'm not able to crossfire XTL and XT2 I'll abandon AMD forever.

well, seeing as 7870 XT, 7950, 7970, and r9 280x all can CF already i don't see why not.

Rig 1 CPU: 3570K Motherboard: V Gene GPU: Power Color r9 280x at 1.35GHZ  RAM: 16 GB 1600mhz PSU: Cougar CMX 700W Storage: 1x Plexor M5S 256GB 1x 1TB HDD 1x 3TB GREEN HDD Case: Coolermaster HAFXB Cooling: Intel Watercooler
"My day so far, I've fixed 4 computers and caught a dog. Australian Tech Industry is weird."

"It's bent so far to the right, It's a hook."

So it looks like an update is coming to the R9 290x. The Tahiti XTL was supposed to be a refined version of the Tahiti chip compared to the one currently featured on the R9 280X and HD 7970 GHz edition graphic cards.

AMD is planning to do a running-change with the Radeon R9 280X and offer the Tahiti XTL variant without anyone knowing that the chip has actually been released. The Tahiti XTL chip is supposedly going to end up in various Radeon R9 280X graphic cards in November. No new naming or branding scheme would be introduced by manufacture’s or AMD to differentiate between the Tahiti XTL and Tahiti XT2 based Radeon R9 280X graphic cards which will end up causing slight bit of confusion among the consumer market.

The new Tahiti XTL chip would bring lower power consumption, possibly new features such as AMD TrueAudio and full DirectX 11.2 support and even higher clocks. There would still be a large quantity of Tahiti XT2 chips in the market but those looking for the XTL based cards would have to search through their purchases since their isn’t going to be any differentiating factor between the two variants. Pricing of the Radeon R9 280X will remain unaffected and supply won’t be an issue since AMD always has those left-overs Tahiti XT2 chips to rebrand as the R9 280X graphic card.

Article Link:http://wccftech.com/amd-preparing-tahiti-xtl-revision-radeon-r9-280x-graphic-card/

So are you guys going to wait now until you can easily find an XTL version?

I was going to believe it until i saw the source...

WCCFTECH - the worst source of rumors... They only care about how many people visit their site. Zero credibility.

][ CPU: Phenom II x6 1045t @3,7GHz ][ GPU: GTX 660 2GB ][ Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-MA770T-UD3P ][ RAM: 8GB @1450Mhz CL9 DDR3 ][ PSU: Chieftec 500AB A ][ Case: SilentiumPC Regnum L50 ][ CPU Cooler: CoolerMaster Hyper 212 Evo & Arctic MX4 ][