So, why does it matter if a gamer is a girl?

Ashiella

While I play games and I speak allot of guys are like: oh damn..it's a girl! Like their screaming to their mum. Could you explain to me why it's such a big deal? I know allot of female gamers.

Specs v-v

Spoiler

Cpu: Ryzen 9 3900x @ 1.1v / Motherboard: Asus Prime X570-P / Ram: 32GB 3000Mhz 16-16-16-36 Team Vulcan (4x8GB) / Storage: 1x 1TB Lite-on EP2, 2x 128GB PM851 SSD, 3x 1TB WD Blues / Gpu: GTX Titan X (Pascal) / Case: Corsair 400c Carbide / Psu: Corsair RMi 750w / OS: Windows 10

Spoiler

I'm lonely, PM me to be my friend!

Just now, TheBestUserName said:

Because it's rare. 

If I spotted a unicorn, I'd tell every one. 

I'm not a unicorn.

Specs v-v

Spoiler

Cpu: Ryzen 9 3900x @ 1.1v / Motherboard: Asus Prime X570-P / Ram: 32GB 3000Mhz 16-16-16-36 Team Vulcan (4x8GB) / Storage: 1x 1TB Lite-on EP2, 2x 128GB PM851 SSD, 3x 1TB WD Blues / Gpu: GTX Titan X (Pascal) / Case: Corsair 400c Carbide / Psu: Corsair RMi 750w / OS: Windows 10

Spoiler

Just now, TheBestUserName said:

You might have missed my point. 

It's rare? I play with girls more than guys on games. 

Specs v-v

Spoiler

Spoiler

Just now, Ashiella said:

It's rare? I play with girls more than guys on games. 

Birds of a feather flock together. 

1 minute ago, TheBestUserName said:

Birds of a feather flock together. 

Wouldnt birds and feathers be switched in that sentence

Specs v-v

Spoiler

Spoiler

12 minutes ago, TheBestUserName said:

Because it's rare/uncommon.

I mean I don't think it should be that big of a deal, but it is kinda rare, especially in FPS games.

ASU

1 minute ago, Hackentosher said:

I mean I don't think it should be that big of a deal, but it is kinda rare, especially in FPS games.

I play siege allot so..

Specs v-v

Spoiler

Spoiler

1 minute ago, Hackentosher said:

It's not a big deal in any other way other than simply being uncommon.  

Four leaf clover... Indian head penny...  girl gamer... same things.  There's no sexist basis to it at all.  

To add to what has already been said.  Females make up a small amount of online gamers.  

Then you have the MMO effect where most of the female game characters are played by dudes.

I notice when a viewer walks up to me at a convention and she's female.

It's like... 1/50 or less.

Versus like.. every time I see a pale white dude or scrawny chinese dude in the grocery store I'm like "do they watch?"

Generalizations come from our personal experiences. It's human nature.

Just now, LinusTech said:

More like as men, we get distracted with a pair of boobs that can use a keyboard and mouse. Its human nature.

3 hours ago, Ashiella said:

While I play games and I speak allot of guys are like: oh damn..it's a girl! Like their screaming to their mum. Could you explain to me why it's such a big deal? I know allot of female gamers.

it prob a westerner kind of thinking

In Asia

I do see quite a number of female gamers playing games pre dominantly played by guys.

outside of games, a huge number of anime/game cosplayers are girls doing female and in some cases male chars

Dont take this personally but i prefer to play with female gamers more than guys and yes i get my ass whooped in CS:GO by girls and i say it was a good match or game to them.

Budget? Uses? Currency? Location? Operating System? Peripherals? Monitor? Use PCPartPicker wherever possible. 

Quote whom you're replying to, and set option to follow your topics. Or Else we can't see your reply.

1 minute ago, Bleedingyamato said:

Sorry but what's "siege"?  

Prob Rainbow Six Siege

Budget? Uses? Currency? Location? Operating System? Peripherals? Monitor? Use PCPartPicker wherever possible. 

Quote whom you're replying to, and set option to follow your topics. Or Else we can't see your reply.

4 hours ago, Ashiella said:

At certain age, ordinary thing may seem extraordinary, like meeting a girl or using the toilet on your own.

CPU i7 6700k MB  MSI Z170A Pro Carbon GPU Zotac GTX980Ti amp!extreme RAM 16GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance 3k CASE Corsair 760T PSU Corsair RM750i MOUSE Logitech G9x KB Logitech G910 HS Sennheiser GSP 500 SC Asus Xonar 7.1 MONITOR Acer Predator xb270hu Storage 1x1TB + 2x500GB Samsung 7200U/m - 2x500GB SSD Samsung 850EVO

5 hours ago, Ashiella said:

I play siege allot so..

Yeah, you, a singular person, really undermines that guy's point that it is rare that females play FPS games. Totally. This sample size of 1 really disproves that.

Main Rig: R9 5950X @ PBO, RTX 3090, 64 GB DDR4 3666, InWin 101, Full Hardline Watercooling

Server: R7 1700X @ 4.0 GHz, GTX 1080 Ti, 32GB DDR4 3000, Cooler Master NR200P, Full Soft Watercooling

LAN Rig: R5 3600X @ PBO, RTX 2070, 32 GB DDR4 3200, Dan Case A4-SFV V4, 120mm AIO for the CPU

HTPC: i7-7700K @ 4.6 GHz, GTX 1050 Ti, 16 GB DDR4 3200, AliExpress K39, IS-47K Cooler

Router: R3 2200G @ stock, 4GB DDR4 2400, what are cases, stock cooler

I don't have a problem...

10 hours ago, LinusTech said:

I notice when a viewer walks up to me at a convention and she's female.

It's like... 1/50 or less.

Versus like.. every time I see a pale white dude or scrawny chinese dude in the grocery store I'm like "do they watch?"

OH, dam, Linus responded to my post, cool. And you also made the best explanation, thanks. just like TechQuickie 

Specs v-v

Spoiler

Spoiler

It doesn't matter for me if someone playing is a girl or not.

Some people think it matters, but for me it does not.

“Remember to look up at the stars and not down at your feet. Try to make sense of what you see and wonder about what makes the universe exist. Be curious. And however difficult life may seem, there is always something you can do and succeed at. 
It matters that you don't just give up.”

-Stephen Hawking

1. It doesnt matter

2. girl gamers are divided into two groups the actual gamers and the other hald are just attention whores

3.who cares?

Because we are a quiet minority and they don't usually hear from us. It's exciting and awesome news to a lot of gamers.

14 hours ago, TheBestUserName said:

Because it's rare/uncommon.

lol

|  The United Empire of Earth Wants You | The Stormborn (ongoing build; 90% done)  |  Skyrim Mods Recommendations  LTT Blue Forum Theme! | Learning Russian! Blog |
|"They got a war on drugs so the police can bother me.”Tupac Shakur  | "Half of writing history is hiding the truth"Captain Malcolm Reynolds | "Museums are racist."Michelle Obama | "Slap a word like "racist" or "nazi" on it and you'll have an army at your back."MSM Logic | "A new command I give you: love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another"Jesus Christ | "I love the Union and the Constitution, but I would rather leave the Union with the Constitution than remain in the Union without it."Jefferson Davis |