Microsoft blames Activision for Call of Duty: Modern Warfare Remaster multiplayer shenanigans AND Offers Refunds!

AlTech
34 minutes ago, Joelbanks5 said:

snip

Let's not start a flame war.

Cor Caeruleus Reborn v6

Spoiler

CPU: Intel - Core i7-8700K

CPU Cooler: be quiet! - PURE ROCK 
Thermal Compound: Arctic Silver - 5 High-Density Polysynthetic Silver 3.5g Thermal Paste 
Motherboard: ASRock Z370 Extreme4
Memory: G.Skill TridentZ RGB 2x8GB 3200/14
Storage: Samsung - 850 EVO-Series 500GB 2.5" Solid State Drive 
Storage: Samsung - 960 EVO 500GB M.2-2280 Solid State Drive
Storage: Western Digital - Blue 2TB 3.5" 5400RPM Internal Hard Drive
Storage: Western Digital - BLACK SERIES 3TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive
Video Card: EVGA - 970 SSC ACX (1080 is in RMA)
Case: Fractal Design - Define R5 w/Window (Black) ATX Mid Tower Case
Power Supply: EVGA - SuperNOVA P2 750W with CableMod blue/black Pro Series
Optical Drive: LG - WH16NS40 Blu-Ray/DVD/CD Writer 
Operating System: Microsoft - Windows 10 Pro OEM 64-bit and Linux Mint Serena
Keyboard: Logitech - G910 Orion Spectrum RGB Wired Gaming Keyboard
Mouse: Logitech - G502 Wired Optical Mouse
Headphones: Logitech - G430 7.1 Channel  Headset
Speakers: Logitech - Z506 155W 5.1ch Speakers

1 hour ago, AluminiumTech said:

Not only that. But there's no Xbox Play Anywhere OR Cross platform play with Xbox and PC.

This is whats most confusing to me. The basis is there, all they need to do is basically enable it. 

CPU: Amd 7800X3D | GPU: AMD 7900XTX

1 hour ago, Energycore said:

Can we please have activision go bankrupt and Blizz get bought by a decent company?

Blizzard ain't any better.

Team Fortress 2.25 isn't great if that's where we wind up.

Check out my guide on how to scan cover art here!

Local asshole and 6th generation console enthusiast.

Angry joe's channel showed a max user base of 15K. Hilarious.

The MP looked like copy/paste but perhaps the SP is worth a play when it's on sale.

Even War Thunder has more than that every day.

13 minutes ago, Dan Castellaneta said:

Blizzard ain't any better.

Team Fortress 2.25 isn't great if that's where we wind up.

Nope. Overwatch is a better game. I say this as someone who used to play tf2 religiously.

CPU i7 6700 Cooling Cryorig H7 Motherboard MSI H110i Pro AC RAM Kingston HyperX Fury 16GB DDR4 2133 GPU Pulse RX 5700 XT Case Fractal Design Define Mini C Storage Trascend SSD370S 256GB + WD Black 320GB + Sandisk Ultra II 480GB + WD Blue 1TB PSU EVGA GS 550 Display Nixeus Vue24B FreeSync 144 Hz Monitor (VESA mounted) Keyboard Aorus K3 Mechanical Keyboard Mouse Logitech G402 OS Windows 10 Home 64 bit

1 hour ago, Joelbanks5 said:

Hold up, you were actually thinking about buying a COD game for multiplayer? Lol the whole game (except zombies) is the same thing as the last, bad campaign, extremely repetitive multiplayer, large community of irritating kids, something called camping+traps (claymore, bouncing Betty, shock thing). 

The only good good thing to COD is zombies, they make interesting new improvements through each game and it's dlc is actually worthwhile.

and battlefield 1 is far superior as far as multiplayer and campaign is a nice improvement over COD's. Honestly there shouldn't have been a question wether or not you should be COD over bf1 lol

Titanfall 2 is also very good. Better campaign than battlefield.

Just a lot closer to the speed of CoD (if not even faster), where BF1's pace is very different. I like and own both (BF1 and TF2), just if you are looking for a replacement for CoD, go for the game was made by the devs of COD:4.... (Titanfall 2).

2 hours ago, alexyy said:

From what I've read it seems that activision just used Steam's & Microsoft own multiplayer code and didn't bother creating their own which could of easily supported cross play.

Even then... they use Peer to Peer. There's literally no reason for it not to work. The worse is you're still vulnerable to ddos and hacks and they cant even be asked to make multiplayer work lol.

2 hours ago, ARikozuM said:

Blizzard should be separate in the first place as they develop as well as publish while Activision just publishes.

Activision owns several studios that develop games and Blizzard has different, large, teams that develop games under the Blizzard name. Functionally, there is zero difference between the two.

1 hour ago, GrayFox1991 said:

Titanfall 2 is also very good. Better campaign than battlefield.

Just a lot closer to the speed of CoD (if not even faster), where BF1's pace is very different. I like and own both (BF1 and TF2), just if you are looking for a replacement for CoD, go for the game was made by the devs of COD:4.... (Titanfall 2).

Titanfall 2's biggest problem is being published by EA and EA being completely moronic with the game's release date. I'll be surprised if Titanfall 2 can keep a strong player base for any reasonable length of time. It's looking like it's destined to turn into the first game, only this one actually seems to be a full game and actually worth it's $60 price.

1 hour ago, alphaproject said:

Angry joe's channel showed a max user base of 15K. Hilarious.

The MP looked like copy/paste but perhaps the SP is worth a play when it's on sale.

Even War Thunder has more than that every day.

"When it's on sale" With Activision that's a tall order lately: You have to go all the way back to Modern Warfare 2 to find a decent priced CoD and one that goes on sale frequently.

-------

Current Rig

-------

9 hours ago, Misanthrope said:

"When it's on sale" With Activision that's a tall order lately: You have to go all the way back to Modern Warfare 2 to find a decent priced CoD and one that goes on sale frequently.

Yea and MW2 was the end of COD as I know it. Private servers... go bye bye....

Actually, Microsoft allows one digital purchase refund per calendar year.

I refunded my Forza Horizon 3 after I realized how awful it ran when trying to go past 30FPS.

Spoiler

Seriously though we all knew from the previous information that Activision was 100% at fault for the divided pc platform. this is further icing on that cake.

LINK-> Kurald Galain:  The Night Eternal 

Top 5820k, 980ti SLI Build in the World*

CPU: i7-5820k // GPU: SLI MSI 980ti Gaming 6G // Cooling: Full Custom WC //  Mobo: ASUS X99 Sabertooth // Ram: 32GB Crucial Ballistic Sport // Boot SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 500GB

Mass SSD: Crucial M500 960GB  // PSU: EVGA Supernova 850G2 // Case: Fractal Design Define S Windowed // OS: Windows 10 // Mouse: Razer Naga Chroma // Keyboard: Corsair k70 Cherry MX Reds

Headset: Senn RS185 // Monitor: ASUS PG348Q // Devices: Note 10+ - Surface Book 2 15"

LINK-> Ainulindale: Music of the Ainur 

Prosumer DYI FreeNAS

CPU: Xeon E3-1231v3  // Cooling: Noctua L9x65 //  Mobo: AsRock E3C224D2I // Ram: 16GB Kingston ECC DDR3-1333

HDDs: 4x HGST Deskstar NAS 3TB  // PSU: EVGA 650GQ // Case: Fractal Design Node 304 // OS: FreeNAS

15 hours ago, ivan134 said:

Nope. Overwatch is a better game. I say this as someone who used to play tf2 religiously.

And they still refuse to implement 21:9 support. but oh wait they are "considering it" for overwatch...

Blizzard and Activision are a match made in heaven.

CPU: i7-5820k // GPU: SLI MSI 980ti Gaming 6G // Cooling: Full Custom WC //  Mobo: ASUS X99 Sabertooth // Ram: 32GB Crucial Ballistic Sport // Boot SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 500GB

Mass SSD: Crucial M500 960GB  // PSU: EVGA Supernova 850G2 // Case: Fractal Design Define S Windowed // OS: Windows 10 // Mouse: Razer Naga Chroma // Keyboard: Corsair k70 Cherry MX Reds

Headset: Senn RS185 // Monitor: ASUS PG348Q // Devices: Note 10+ - Surface Book 2 15"

Prosumer DYI FreeNAS

CPU: Xeon E3-1231v3  // Cooling: Noctua L9x65 //  Mobo: AsRock E3C224D2I // Ram: 16GB Kingston ECC DDR3-1333

HDDs: 4x HGST Deskstar NAS 3TB  // PSU: EVGA 650GQ // Case: Fractal Design Node 304 // OS: FreeNAS

24 minutes ago, Curufinwe_wins said:

And they still refuse to implement 21:9 support. but oh wait they are "considering it" for overwatch...

Blizzard and Activision are a match made in heaven.

I thought they already added 21:9 support.

CPU i7 6700 Cooling Cryorig H7 Motherboard MSI H110i Pro AC RAM Kingston HyperX Fury 16GB DDR4 2133 GPU Pulse RX 5700 XT Case Fractal Design Define Mini C Storage Trascend SSD370S 256GB + WD Black 320GB + Sandisk Ultra II 480GB + WD Blue 1TB PSU EVGA GS 550 Display Nixeus Vue24B FreeSync 144 Hz Monitor (VESA mounted) Keyboard Aorus K3 Mechanical Keyboard Mouse Logitech G402 OS Windows 10 Home 64 bit

I find it extremely weird for this game to not support multiplayer between all PC gamers, no matter which platform.

Activision is being lazy.

Desktop

Y4M1-II: AMD Ryzen 9-5900X | Asrock RX 6900XT Phantom Gaming D | Gigabyte RTX 4060 low profile | 64GB G.Skill Ripjaws V | 2TB Samsung 980 Pro + 4TB 870 EVO + 4TB SanDisk Ultra 3D + 8TB WD Black + 4TB WD Black HDD | Lian Li O11 Dynamic XL-X | Antec ST1000 1000W 80+ Titanium | MSI Optix MAG342CQR | BenQ EW3270U | Kubuntu

-------------------------------

Mobile devices

Kuroneko: Lenovo ThinkPad X1 Yoga 4th (Intel i7-10510U | 16GB RAM | 1TB SSD)

6 hours ago, ivan134 said:

I thought they already added 21:9 support.

Had it in beta, haven't added it yet. StarCraft2 still doesn't have it either.

Prosumer DYI FreeNAS