Dell teases its own Surface Studio

GoodBytes

Dell teases its own Surface Studio that is coming in the near future.

Screenshot__24_.0.png

Now, it is a bit unclear if it is a screen only (bottom), the whole computer you see, or the All-in-one computer and the pen surface is an optional screen for it. Or the front screen is attached to the base screen, which looks like, but that would be a costly, and be very prototype look.

It does have its own Surface Dial however,

Screenshot__32_.0.png

It does look like it is using Windows 10 APIs for support. So it should have a similar experience as the Surface Dial, with the same software support.

Screenshot__27_.0.png

Source: http://www.theverge.com/2016/11/2/13500308/dell-just-teased-its-own-surface-studio-pc

This is VERY good. Competition will prevent Microsoft from price fixing. I just hope more companies put products out like these.

GPU: XFX RX 7900 XTX

CPU: Ryzen 7 7800X3D

1 minute ago, Orangeator said:

This is VERY good. Competition will prevent Microsoft from price fixing. I just hope more companies put products out like these.

If they're actually of good use - the other companies that is - then i'd say the competition will be very healthy

I'm not into all these dials, touch bars, and shit.  It's all a bunch of junk if you ask me.

- ASUS X99 Deluxe - i7 5820k - Nvidia GTX 1080ti SLi - 4x4GB EVGA SSC 2800mhz DDR4 - Samsung SM951 500 - 2x Samsung 850 EVO 512 -

- EK Supremacy EVO CPU Block - EK FC 1080 GPU Blocks - EK XRES 100 DDC - EK Coolstream XE 360 - EK Coolstream XE 240 -

3 minutes ago, TidaLWaveZ said:

I'm not into all these dials, touch bars, and shit.  It's all a bunch of junk if you ask me.

Depends on what you do really, Its really targeted for design/graphics markets etc.

seems like the display has a matte finish. Hopefully it's also just a standalone monitor and not a glorified laptop

One day I will be able to play Monster Hunter Frontier in French/Italian/English on my PC, it's just a matter of time... 4 5 6 7 8 9 years later: It's finally coming!!!

Phones: iPhone 4S/SE | LG V10 | Lumia 920 | Samsung S24 Ultra

Laptops: Macbook Pro 15" (mid-2012) | Compaq Presario V6000

Other: Steam Deck

<>EVs are bad, they kill the planet and remove freedoms too some/<>

I think this is gonna be an awesome product, at least on the display part. Imo, Dell has arguably the best professional monitors out there. 

The ability to google properly is a skill of its own. 

46 minutes ago, Orangeator said:

it really will help with price fixing. but considering the worth of the surface and how its priced, i feel like they didn;t price gauge that much. Maybe its cuz its a new product, or maybe its cuz they wanted to keep the end user price competitive with Wacom and such. 

Space Journal #1: So Apparently i  was dropped on the moon like i'm a mars rover, in a matter of hours i have found the transformers on the dark side of the moon. Turns out its not that dark since dem robots are filled with lights, i waved hi to the Russians on the space station, turns out all those stories about space finding humans instead of the other way around is true(soviet Russia joke). They threw me some Heineken beer and I've been sitting staring at the people of this forum and earth since. 

43 minutes ago, PCBjon said:

Depends on what you do really, Its really targeted for design/graphics markets etc.

I see that, I do a little video and a little graphic design in photoshop but I'm surely not a pro.

I guess these things can make professionals work more efficiently, but I feel like these items are more of quick buck gimmicks than time savers.

- ASUS X99 Deluxe - i7 5820k - Nvidia GTX 1080ti SLi - 4x4GB EVGA SSC 2800mhz DDR4 - Samsung SM951 500 - 2x Samsung 850 EVO 512 -

- EK Supremacy EVO CPU Block - EK FC 1080 GPU Blocks - EK XRES 100 DDC - EK Coolstream XE 360 - EK Coolstream XE 240 -

2 hours ago, Tocsin_786 said:

it really will help with price fixing. but considering the worth of the surface and how its priced, i feel like they didn;t price gauge that much. Maybe its cuz its a new product, or maybe its cuz they wanted to keep the end user price competitive with Wacom and such. 

my guess is that its to come back at apple products, apple is in the hearts of a lot of content creators and microsoft is trying to win them over, making it cost more than needs to is not going to trap people in their ecosystem.

6 hours ago, tlink said:

my guess is that its to come back at apple products, apple is in the hearts of a lot of content creators and microsoft is trying to win them over, making it cost more than needs to is not going to trap people in their ecosystem.

Can Microsoft make a Final Cut Pro X competitor? If they're bundling it with an Office 365 subscription, I wouldn't mind.

There is more that meets the eye
I see the soul that is inside

8 minutes ago, hey_yo_ said:

Can Microsoft make a Final Cut Pro X competitor? If they're bundling it with an Office 365 subscription, I wouldn't mind.

Doubt it. They are better solution than anything Microsoft will come out with. It would require some serious investment, and I don't think the company is willing to do this, hence why anything else would be better. But they can make an iMovie competitor. That is possible.

12 hours ago, Flashie said:

If they're actually of good use - the other companies that is - then i'd say the competition will be very healthy

Competition is good... forces prices lower :)

Yeah, hands will get tired very fast constantly hanging in air over that touch desk.

| Ryzen 7 7800X3D | AM5 B650 Aorus Elite AX | G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo RGB DDR5 32GB 6000MHz C30 | Sapphire PULSE Radeon RX 7900 XTX | Samsung 990 PRO 1TB with heatsink | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360 | Seasonic Focus GX-850 | Lian Li Lanccool III | Mousepad: Skypad 3.0 XL / Zowie GTF-X | Mouse: Zowie S1-C | Keyboard: Ducky One 3 TKL (Cherry MX-Speed-Silver)Beyerdynamic MMX 300 (2nd Gen) | Acer XV272U | OS: Windows 11 |

20 hours ago, M.Yurizaki said:

Didn't HP have something in the veins of this concept?

yes but its very fugly

306CDC5E00000578-3410022-It_s_not_the_fi

CPU: Amd 7800X3D | GPU: AMD 7900XTX