Tek Syndicate renamed to Crit TV, Wendell looks to be leaving Raze the World

Yummychickenblue
2 minutes ago, ultimatemythbuster said:

I don't anticipate Logan's channel to rebound very well or quickly from this.  Time will tell.  On the other hand, Wendell seems to have a much stronger following.

People like to watch wrecks in progress so it might gain some traction, well right up until the first month or so before Logan decides to move again because there weren't enough trees or Pistol couldn't find enough organic, uncooked dog food nearby and they go radio silent again killing their momentum.

-------

Current Rig

-------

2 minutes ago, Misanthrope said:

People like to watch wrecks in progress so it might gain some traction, well right up until the first month or so before Logan decides to move again because there weren't enough trees or Pistol couldn't find enough organic, uncooked dog food nearby and they go radio silent again killing their momentum.

Right.  How many times have they moved?  When I first found TS, Logan was living in Vermont.  I just found that somewhat interesting considering I live near Vermont.  Anyone know where in Vermont he was?

Desktop: Intel Core i7-6700K, ASUS Z170-A, ASUS STRIX GTX 1080 Ti, 16GB DDR4 RAM, 512 GB Samsund 840 Pro, Seasonic X series 650W PSU, Fractal Design Define R4, 2x5TB HDD

Hypervisor 1: Intel Xeon E5-2630L, ASRock EPC612D8, 16GB DDR4 ECC RAM, Intel RT3WB080 8-port RAID controller plus expansion card, Norco RPC-4020 case, 20x2TB WD Red HDD

Other spare hypervisors: Dell Poweredge 2950, HP Proliant DL380 G5

Laptops: ThinkPads, lots of ThinkPads

Just now, ultimatemythbuster said:

Right.  How many times have they moved?

Far too many for someone who made fun of Linus when they first launched the crowd funding campaign for their current offices.

Also no idea where in Vermont.

-------

Current Rig

-------

I find it funny that Wendell and Qain are going through something very similar to what Logan did: they become the preferred personalities on the channel, they decide to go their own way and make their own channels and the channel they came from tries to refresh itself but ends up killing itself in the process, which is a lot like what happened with Logan and TigerDirect TV. History is repeating itself.

The biggest  BURNOUT  fanboy on this forum.

And probably the world.

5 hours ago, Maslofski said:

jesus christ, why would anyone put tv in their channel name on purpose and in 2016?!

It sounds too similar to twit.tv to be a coincidence.  Logan probably thinks he's going to become the new Leo Laporte.

27 minutes ago, DPersonalized said:

I find it funny that Wendell and Qain are going through something very similar to what Logan did: they become the preferred personalities on the channel, they decide to go their own way and make their own channels and the channel they came from tries to refresh itself but ends up killing itself in the process, which is a lot like what happened with Logan and TigerDirect TV. History is repeating itself.

Except Wendell does it mostly for fun and has his own IT consulting firm independent from youtube. Believe it or not people who don't actually work on youtube for a living/full time income tend to be a lot more cool headed about e-fame and such and even normal, "nice" people once they feel the pressure of making a living full time out of youtube quickly devolve into the stereotype of most celebrities which is the usual and immediate dismissal of criticism: something about receiving both lots of praise and lots of criticism makes most people embrace the former too much and protect themselves against the later too much as well.

-------

Current Rig

-------

1 hour ago, ultimatemythbuster said:

I don't anticipate Logan's channel to rebound very well or quickly from this.  Time will tell.

Time has already told.

Stats reveal that his channel is doing even worse than a couple months ago when all this nonsense occurred; sub rate in the negative for two solid months and views way down. And as I pointed out previously, this is a continuation of a trend that has progressed uninterrupted for over a year and a half.

Even before the drama unfolded, I'd say Logan would have been challenged to grow his channel. Now, with all the bad publicity, it may be near impossible to turn things around.

CritTV, Level1Tech and Bit Wit!

Do people in the technology space have any creativity when it comes to names?

They also seem to rename themselves a lot.

Just now, SSL said:

Time has already told.

Stats reveal that his channel is doing even worse than a couple months ago when all this nonsense occurred; sub rate in the negative for two solid months and views way down. And as I pointed out previously, this is a continuation of a trend that has progressed uninterrupted for over a year and a half.

Even before the drama unfolded, I'd say Logan would have been challenged to grow his channel. Now, with all the bad publicity, it may be near impossible to turn things around.

I know I only watched videos with Wendell in them for a while before this whole thing unfolded.  Now I've just abandoned Logan and his channel, Wendell is going in a better direction in my opinion.

Desktop: Intel Core i7-6700K, ASUS Z170-A, ASUS STRIX GTX 1080 Ti, 16GB DDR4 RAM, 512 GB Samsund 840 Pro, Seasonic X series 650W PSU, Fractal Design Define R4, 2x5TB HDD

Hypervisor 1: Intel Xeon E5-2630L, ASRock EPC612D8, 16GB DDR4 ECC RAM, Intel RT3WB080 8-port RAID controller plus expansion card, Norco RPC-4020 case, 20x2TB WD Red HDD

51 minutes ago, ultimatemythbuster said:

I know I only watched videos with Wendell in them for a while before this whole thing unfolded.  Now I've just abandoned Logan and his channel, Wendell is going in a better direction in my opinion.

The direction of real content, no less.

Just now, SSL said:

The direction of real content, no less.

Which is the only way to go if one wants to have a loyal audience.

Dam beat me to it. Saw his channel renamed to Level1Techs

Breaking things 1 day at a time

21 hours ago, bob51zhang said:

*oversight

someone missed the unintentional pun

11 minutes ago, bobhays said:

someone missed the unintentional pun

Please explain. (Seriously, I want to know the pun)

Want to know which mobo to get?

Spoiler

Choose whatever you need. Any more, you're wasting your money. Any less, and you don't get the features you need.

Only you know what you need to do with your computer, so nobody's really qualified to answer this question except for you.

chEcK iNsidE sPoilEr fOr a tREat!

5 minutes ago, Tyl3n0L said:

What is Tek Syndicate?

Something of the past.

ﷲ   Muslim Member  ﷲ

KennyS and ScreaM are my role models in CSGO.

CPU: i3-4130 Motherboard: Gigabyte H81M-S2PH RAM: 8GB Kingston hyperx fury HDD: WD caviar black 1TB GPU: MSI 750TI twin frozr II Case: Aerocool Xpredator X3 PSU: Corsair RM650

7 hours ago, Misanthrope said:

Except Wendell does it mostly for fun and has his own IT consulting firm independent from youtube. Believe it or not people who don't actually work on youtube for a living/full time income tend to be a lot more cool headed about e-fame and such and even normal, "nice" people once they feel the pressure of making a living full time out of youtube quickly devolve into the stereotype of most celebrities which is the usual and immediate dismissal of criticism: something about receiving both lots of praise and lots of criticism makes most people embrace the former too much and protect themselves against the later too much as well.

So much this.

Also, Logan was a comedian at one point in his life. No surprises there.

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

Hi guys, Xorbot from 2017 here.  Just visiting the past to re-watch that amazing Game 7 in 2016.

I just came to say that of all these new side, spin-off sites, there were fewer visitors to every channel combined than there was to Tek Syndicate.  All sites were forced to shutdown.  Logan is back working in a warehouse.  Everyone lost in this big kerfuffle.

Oh and also, Logan is currently in divorce proceedings.

16 minutes ago, Xorbot said:

Hi guys, Xorbot from 2017 here.  Just visiting the past to re-watch that amazing Game 7 in 2016.

I just came to say that of all these new side, spin-off sites, there were fewer visitors to every channel combined than there was to Tek Syndicate.  All sites were forced to shutdown.  Logan is back working in a warehouse.  Everyone lost in this big kerfuffle.

Wait logan was married? To whom?

38 minutes ago, Xorbot said:

Eh?

3 hours ago, Xorbot said:

For the love of all that is holy could you and @Xanthe_2871 please just gtfo? I'm tired of the constant cringe that comes from you derps claiming to be from the future...

On topic the TekSyndicate forums are currently offline of anyone didn't notice.

1 hour ago, imreloadin said:

For the love of all that is holy could you and @Xanthe_2871 please just gtfo? I'm tired of the constant cringe that comes from you derps claiming to be from the future...

On topic the TekSyndicate forums are currently offline of anyone didn't notice.

This peaks my interest. Unfortunately, time travel discussion is not allowed within the forums themselves, only in PM. @Xorbot should know this. I'm not sure why you've taken such an extreme position against me... I offer genuine help within the forums and keep my time travel humor to my personal profile and PMs. If you don't like my profile, then don't view it! :) 

Edited by Xanthe_2871
Autocorrect is a beach.

Yes, it's 2871 as in the year 2871. I traveled all this way, back in time, just to help you. And you thought your mama lied when she said you were special-_-