Tek Syndicate renamed to Crit TV, Wendell looks to be leaving Raze the World

Yummychickenblue

Today the Tek Syndicate Twitter announced that it was renaming itself to Crit TV

Spoiler

All channels, as well as the Tek Syndicate Patreon, have been renamed to reflect this. Interestingly the Raze the World website hasn't been updated yet, though that may just be an oversight.

At the same time it seems Wendell has finally left Raze the World, taking TekLinux, TekHardware, and TekEnterprise, with him. This leaves Logan with the main Tek Syndicate (now Crit TV) channel, the one where The Tek gets posted. Wendell has also taken a smaller channel All these channels have been been renamed to Level1Tech.

Spoiler

At this point we have no idea what Qain will be doing.

Qain has started his own Youtube channel named Treyeclops

2 minutes ago, Yummychickenblue said:

Today the Tek Syndicate twitter announced that it was renaming itself to Crit TV

Hide contents

All channels, as well as the Tek Syndicate Patreon, have been renamed to reflect this. Interestingly the Raze the World website hasn't been updated yet, though that may just be an oversite.

*oversight

Want to know which mobo to get?

Spoiler

Choose whatever you need. Any more, you're wasting your money. Any less, and you don't get the features you need.

Only you know what you need to do with your computer, so nobody's really qualified to answer this question except for you.

chEcK iNsidE sPoilEr fOr a tREat!

I wonder how long it will take for Logan to self destruct this "new" channel, or for him to just fade away. Last I checked, Tek Syndicate had lost half of it's patreon subscriptions. Meanwhile, Qain and Wendell both have new Patreons running strong.

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

5 minutes ago, Yummychickenblue said:

At this point we have no idea what Qain will be doing.

He has already mentioned many times on Twitter https://www.youtube.com/treyeclops

[Out-of-date] Want to learn how to make your own custom Windows 10 image?

Desktop: AMD R9 3900X | ASUS ROG Strix X570-F | Radeon RX 5700 XT | EVGA GTX 1080 SC | 32GB Trident Z Neo 3600MHz | 1TB 970 EVO | 256GB 840 EVO | 960GB Corsair Force LE | EVGA G2 850W | Phanteks P400S

Laptop: Intel M-5Y10c | Intel HD Graphics | 8GB RAM | 250GB Micron SSD | Asus UX305FA

Server 01: Intel Xeon D 1541 | ASRock Rack D1541D4I-2L2T | 32GB Hynix ECC DDR4 | 4x8TB Western Digital HDDs | 32TB Raw 16TB Usable

Server 02: Intel i7 7700K | Gigabye Z170N Gaming5 | 16GB Trident Z 3200MHz

He spelled 'cunt' wrong 

muh specs 

Gaming and HTPC (reparations)- ASUS 1080, MSI X99A SLI Plus, 5820k- 4.5GHz @ 1.25v, asetek based 360mm AIO, RM 1000x, 16GB memory, 750D with front USB 2.0 replaced with 3.0  ports, 2 250GB 850 EVOs in Raid 0 (why not, only has games on it), some hard drives

Screens- Acer preditor XB241H (1080p, 144Hz Gsync), LG 1080p ultrawide, (all mounted) directly wired to TV in other room

Stuff- k70 with reds, steel series rival, g13, full desk covering mouse mat

All parts black

Workstation(desk)- 3770k, 970 reference, 16GB of some crucial memory, a motherboard of some kind I don't remember, Micomsoft SC-512N1-L/DVI, CM Storm Trooper (It's got a handle, can you handle that?), 240mm Asetek based AIO, Crucial M550 256GB (upgrade soon), some hard drives, disc drives, and hot swap bays

Screens- 3  ASUS VN248H-P IPS 1080p screens mounted on a stand, some old tv on the wall above it. 

Stuff- Epicgear defiant (solderless swappable switches), g600, moutned mic and other stuff. 

Laptop docking area- 2 1440p korean monitors mounted, one AHVA matte, one samsung PLS gloss (very annoying, yes). Trashy Razer blackwidow chroma...I mean like the J key doesn't click anymore. I got a model M i use on it to, but its time for a new keyboard. Some edgy Utechsmart mouse similar to g600. Hooked to laptop dock for both of my dell precision laptops. (not only docking area)

Shelf- i7-2600 non-k (has vt-d), 380t, some ASUS sandy itx board, intel quad nic. Currently hosts shared files, setting up as pfsense box in VM. Also acts as spare gaming PC with a 580 or whatever someone brings. Hooked into laptop dock area via usb switch

Okay well MisteryAngel signing in.

Just to avoid a shit ton of miss information and bla die bla.

Things have been pretty much settled between Logan and Wendell.

What is currently happening that i could give information on, is that Logan goes his own way with crit tv, and continue working on the zweihänder game project.

Wendell is building up a new community level1techs and the forum base community will be moved over to level1techs.

The forum will be re-designed and re-named and allot of cool things are in the pipe line, like a news show with wendell.

Tek-Linux, Tek-hardware, Tek-enterprise are all obiligated to wendell.

And are currently under maintance for a rename.

Here you find some updated information on the current changes.

https://forum.teksyndicate.com/t/regarding-the-future-of-these-forums/108825

Grtz Angel. :)

18 minutes ago, Jorgen297 said:

lol i hate channel rebrands, they're like "oh well this isnt going as expected, time to rebrand"

Basicly its not realy a re-brand.

Its just due legal things that had to be sorted out.

8 minutes ago, Jorgen297 said:

what happened? some kind of drama?

I´m not going into full details on the what exactly has happenend and the drama in this topic.

i think that there is allot said about it on the internet.

If you would like to be up to date i would recommend to check out the TS forum.

I just gave an update up what is going to happen in the near future.

Because i came acros this topic. :)

23 minutes ago, Sintezza said:

Basicly its not realy a re-brand.

Its just due legal things that had to be sorted out.

makes sense he couldn't use the same name. 

he still spelled 'cunt' wrong. 

muh specs 

Gaming and HTPC (reparations)- ASUS 1080, MSI X99A SLI Plus, 5820k- 4.5GHz @ 1.25v, asetek based 360mm AIO, RM 1000x, 16GB memory, 750D with front USB 2.0 replaced with 3.0  ports, 2 250GB 850 EVOs in Raid 0 (why not, only has games on it), some hard drives

Screens- Acer preditor XB241H (1080p, 144Hz Gsync), LG 1080p ultrawide, (all mounted) directly wired to TV in other room

All parts black

Workstation(desk)- 3770k, 970 reference, 16GB of some crucial memory, a motherboard of some kind I don't remember, Micomsoft SC-512N1-L/DVI, CM Storm Trooper (It's got a handle, can you handle that?), 240mm Asetek based AIO, Crucial M550 256GB (upgrade soon), some hard drives, disc drives, and hot swap bays

Screens- 3  ASUS VN248H-P IPS 1080p screens mounted on a stand, some old tv on the wall above it. 

Stuff- Epicgear defiant (solderless swappable switches), g600, moutned mic and other stuff. 

Laptop docking area- 2 1440p korean monitors mounted, one AHVA matte, one samsung PLS gloss (very annoying, yes). Trashy Razer blackwidow chroma...I mean like the J key doesn't click anymore. I got a model M i use on it to, but its time for a new keyboard. Some edgy Utechsmart mouse similar to g600. Hooked to laptop dock for both of my dell precision laptops. (not only docking area)

Shelf- i7-2600 non-k (has vt-d), 380t, some ASUS sandy itx board, intel quad nic. Currently hosts shared files, setting up as pfsense box in VM. Also acts as spare gaming PC with a 580 or whatever someone brings. Hooked into laptop dock area via usb switch

https://forum.teksyndicate.com/t/whos-running-teksyndicate-now/108882

https://forum.teksyndicate.com/t/regarding-the-future-of-these-forums/108825

Straight from the mouth regarding future of those forums and who's running Tek syndicate now. 1st link is a very good overview of what you need to really know (beyond that has not been confirmed by all parties, and the whole truth will probably never be known).

The Vinyl Decal guy.

Celestial-Uprising  A Work In-Progress

crit tv? Was that really the best they could come up with? This is possibly the worst re-brand since new coke and qwikster. I'm going to enjoy watching this tire fire from a safe distance.

4770k @4.4 / 16GB @2400 / Plextor MP5X 128GB / MSI Mpower Z87 / MSI GTX 1070 Armor OC / AX860 / XSPC RX240 & EX240 / Koolance 380i / CM 690 II / Qnix 1440p @96Hz / Benq XL2420G

Current Status: Mourning the loss of my 780 ti 

45 minutes ago, Equlix said:

crit tv? Was that really the best they could come up with? This is possible the worst re-brand since new coke and qwikster. I'm going to enjoy watching this tire fire from a safe distance.

Crit tv is the new project that Logan and his new crew will be heading.

I suppose they will make some further statements on that anytime soon.

But thats up to them pretty much.

jesus christ, why would anyone put tv in their channel name on purpose and in 2016?!

i9 11900k - NH-D15S - ASUS Z-590-F - 64GB 2400Mhz - 1080ti SC - 970evo 1TB - 960evo 250GB - 850evo 250GB - WDblack 1TB - WDblue 3TB - HX850i - 27GN850-B - PB278Q - VX229 - HP P224 - HP P224 - HannsG HT231 - 450D                                                         

3 hours ago, Maslofski said:

jesus christ, why would anyone put tv in their channel name on purpose and in 2016?!

I never really put thought into what was so cringy about the name other than 'crit' 

thank you 

muh specs 

All parts black

9 hours ago, Equlix said:

crit tv? Was that really the best they could come up with? This is possible the worst re-brand since new coke and qwikster. I'm going to enjoy watching this tire fire from a safe distance.

Second worst after Bitwit . 

-------

Current Rig

-------

19 minutes ago, Misanthrope said:

Second worst after Bitwit . 

the letter i seems to be trending

i9 11900k - NH-D15S - ASUS Z-590-F - 64GB 2400Mhz - 1080ti SC - 970evo 1TB - 960evo 250GB - 850evo 250GB - WDblack 1TB - WDblue 3TB - HX850i - 27GN850-B - PB278Q - VX229 - HP P224 - HP P224 - HannsG HT231 - 450D                                                         

CritBitWitTV. So many sucky names.

Watching Intel have competition is like watching a headless chicken trying to get out of a mine field

CPU: Intel I7 4790K@4.6 with NZXT X31 AIO; MOTHERBOARD: ASUS Z97 Maximus VII Ranger; RAM: 8 GB Kingston HyperX 1600 DDR3; GFX: ASUS R9 290 4GB; CASE: Lian Li v700wx; STORAGE: Corsair Force 3 120GB SSD; Samsung 850 500GB SSD; Various old Seagates; PSU: Corsair RM650; MONITOR: 2x 20" Dell IPS; KEYBOARD/MOUSE: Logitech K810/ MX Master; OS: Windows 10 Pro

3 minutes ago, Misanthrope said:

CritBitWitTV FTW!

ROG CritBitWitTV FTW+ ACX2.0 RGB techtipps 1080p

3 minutes ago, Maslofski said:

ROG CritBitWitTV FTW+ ACX2.0 RGB techtipps 1080p

Only 1080p?

Also if Linus is involved I'd be Razer and LG instead of ROG and 4k or better....with xeons and a trail of dead motherboards behind him at all times (How do you think they built that wall)

-------

Current Rig

-------

I don't anticipate Logan's channel to rebound very well or quickly from this.  Time will tell.  On the other hand, Wendell seems to have a much stronger following.

Desktop: Intel Core i7-6700K, ASUS Z170-A, ASUS STRIX GTX 1080 Ti, 16GB DDR4 RAM, 512 GB Samsund 840 Pro, Seasonic X series 650W PSU, Fractal Design Define R4, 2x5TB HDD

Hypervisor 1: Intel Xeon E5-2630L, ASRock EPC612D8, 16GB DDR4 ECC RAM, Intel RT3WB080 8-port RAID controller plus expansion card, Norco RPC-4020 case, 20x2TB WD Red HDD

Other spare hypervisors: Dell Poweredge 2950, HP Proliant DL380 G5

Laptops: ThinkPads, lots of ThinkPads