AMD has been secretly developing autonomous driving solutions

rattacko123
38 minutes ago, Godlygamer23 said:

It cannot look bad on NVIDIA if EVGA is causing the problem. 

It is an EVGA issue, plain and simple. Ford should not take the hit because I put wheels on my car that are too big for the body. Same thing here. It's EVGA's doing. NVIDIA has nothing to do with it besides using a GPU which has no bearing here. 

It will... Who else does EVGA make cards for ? And who's the other company in this business deal who will lose out on sales ? Certainly not AMD nor Intel.

If you bought a car your dealer has nothing to do with the fact you put shitty wheels on it and that would be your own fault, that doesn't even relate to NVIDIA and EVGA's business relationship. (I'm saying your analogy is bad not the relevance of cars and wheels)

CPU: Intel i7 7700K | GPU: ROG Strix GTX 1080Ti | PSU: Seasonic X-1250 (faulty) | Memory: Corsair Vengeance RGB 3200Mhz 16GB | OS Drive: Western Digital Black NVMe 250GB | Game Drive(s): Samsung 970 Evo 500GB, Hitachi 7K3000 3TB 3.5" | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z270x Gaming 7 | Case: Fractal Design Define S (No Window and modded front Panel) | Monitor(s): Dell S2716DG G-Sync 144Hz, Acer R240HY 60Hz (Dead) | Keyboard: G.SKILL RIPJAWS KM780R MX | Mouse: Steelseries Sensei 310 (Striked out parts are sold or dead, awaiting zen2 parts)

9 minutes ago, XenosTech said:

It will... Who else does EVGA make cards for ? And who's the other company in this business deal who will lose out on sales ? Certainly not AMD nor Intel.

If you bought a car your dealer has nothing to do with the fact you put shitty wheels on it and that would be your own fault, that doesn't even relate to NVIDIA and EVGA's business relationship. (I'm saying your analogy is bad not the relevance of cars and wheels)

Can you define to me how this affects NVIDIA by any realistic means when ASUS and Gigabyte also manufacture cards for them? 

This has nothing to do with NVIDIA, and has to do with EVGA wholly. 

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch

1 hour ago, Godlygamer23 said:

You can if it's their GPU generating all the heat, and if it's their reference cooler.

So just like Nvidia's Reference cards. Both AMD and Nvidia have hot running reference cards.

if you want to annoy me, then join my teamspeak server ts.benja.cc

28 minutes ago, Godlygamer23 said:

Can you define to me how this affects NVIDIA by any realistic means when ASUS and Gigabyte also manufacture cards for them? 

This has nothing to do with NVIDIA, and has to do with EVGA wholly. 

Except people aren't rational like that. People WILL go around telling people not to buy nVidia graphics cards when theirs went up in flames. They won't go around complaining about EVGA, because they don't know (and likely don't care) that EVGA put the card together and that it was the VRM solution that EVGA chose that caused the problem.

All they know is they had "an nVidia" in their PC, and it caught fire, and they will tell everybody they know not to buy "an nVidia" because it will cause a fire (and that kind of argumentation tends to sway people away from a brand, because nobody wants a fire in their house).

So yes, EVGA fucking up the VRM on certain SKUs will reflect badly on nVidia.

Intel i7 5820K (4.5 GHz) | MSI X99A MPower | 32 GB Kingston HyperX Fury 2666MHz | Asus RoG STRIX GTX 1080ti OC | Samsung 951 m.2 nVME 512GB | Crucial MX200 1000GB | Western Digital Caviar Black 2000GB | Noctua NH-D15 | Fractal Define R5 | Seasonic 860 Platinum | Logitech G910 | Sennheiser 599 | Blue Yeti | Logitech G502

Nikon D500 | Nikon 300mm f/4 PF  | Nikon 200-500 f/5.6 | Nikon 50mm f/1.8 | Tamron 70-210 f/4 VCII | Sigma 10-20 f/3.5 | Nikon 17-55 f/2.8 | Tamron 90mm F2.8 SP Di VC USD Macro | Neewer 750II

36 minutes ago, Pohernori said:

Maybe this will be true? 

amd_vs__nvidia_by_spritanium-d3394jt.jpg

You mean:

6TxhL5g.jpg

Watching Intel have competition is like watching a headless chicken trying to get out of a mine field

CPU: Intel I7 4790K@4.6 with NZXT X31 AIO; MOTHERBOARD: ASUS Z97 Maximus VII Ranger; RAM: 8 GB Kingston HyperX 1600 DDR3; GFX: ASUS R9 290 4GB; CASE: Lian Li v700wx; STORAGE: Corsair Force 3 120GB SSD; Samsung 850 500GB SSD; Various old Seagates; PSU: Corsair RM650; MONITOR: 2x 20" Dell IPS; KEYBOARD/MOUSE: Logitech K810/ MX Master; OS: Windows 10 Pro

2 hours ago, Notional said:

Gotta love how people constantly makes fire jokes about AMD, when Nvidia numerous times holds the record for the hottest cards ever. You know like Fermi and the EVGA's Pascal series firestarters. 

Anyways, autonomous cars are a bit scary. We will get fully selv drivable cars at some point, but right now the focus should be on driver assistance.

As someone whos 98% amd, they are more consistant. My last gpu was 2x 6990s. Literal jet engine space heaters. 

CPU: Amd 7800X3D | GPU: AMD 7900XTX

1 hour ago, Fetzie said:

Except people aren't rational like that. People WILL go around telling people not to buy nVidia graphics cards when theirs went up in flames. They won't go around complaining about EVGA, because they don't know (and likely don't care) that EVGA put the card together and that it was the VRM solution that EVGA chose that caused the problem.

All they know is they had "an nVidia" in their PC, and it caught fire, and they will tell everybody they know not to buy "an nVidia" because it will cause a fire (and that kind of argumentation tends to sway people away from a brand, because nobody wants a fire in their house).

Then people need to rationalize the situation and realize NVIDIA is not to blame, and shouldn't be to blame. And people need to start caring about who's at fault because they're going to blame someone who didn't actually do it, and regardless of how they feel about any one manufacturer, it's not fair to NVIDIA to be blamed for something they didn't do. 

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch

20 minutes ago, Godlygamer23 said:

Then people need to rationalize the situation and realize NVIDIA is not to blame, and shouldn't be to blame. And people need to start caring about who's at fault because they're going to blame someone who didn't actually do it, and regardless of how they feel about any one manufacturer, it's not fair to NVIDIA to be blamed for something they didn't do. 

Well that's just how it works in the real world, and not the ideal one where the informed consumer exists. I see it almost every day in my job from people of whom you would expect them to understand where the first point of contact is not at fault.

Intel i7 5820K (4.5 GHz) | MSI X99A MPower | 32 GB Kingston HyperX Fury 2666MHz | Asus RoG STRIX GTX 1080ti OC | Samsung 951 m.2 nVME 512GB | Crucial MX200 1000GB | Western Digital Caviar Black 2000GB | Noctua NH-D15 | Fractal Define R5 | Seasonic 860 Platinum | Logitech G910 | Sennheiser 599 | Blue Yeti | Logitech G502

Nikon D500 | Nikon 300mm f/4 PF  | Nikon 200-500 f/5.6 | Nikon 50mm f/1.8 | Tamron 70-210 f/4 VCII | Sigma 10-20 f/3.5 | Nikon 17-55 f/2.8 | Tamron 90mm F2.8 SP Di VC USD Macro | Neewer 750II

25 minutes ago, Godlygamer23 said:

Heh. If peeps were rational, then Nvidia and AMD's market share would've been 50:50.

i5 2400 | ASUS RTX 4090 TUF OC | Seasonic 1200W Prime Gold | WD Green 120gb | WD Blue 1tb | some ram | a random case

Great to explore different waters.

Man lately companies sure love cars.

| Ryzen 7 7800X3D | AM5 B650 Aorus Elite AX | G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo RGB DDR5 32GB 6000MHz C30 | Sapphire PULSE Radeon RX 7900 XTX | Samsung 990 PRO 1TB with heatsink | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360 | Seasonic Focus GX-850 | Lian Li Lanccool III | Mousepad: Skypad 3.0 XL / Zowie GTF-X | Mouse: Zowie S1-C | Keyboard: Ducky One 3 TKL (Cherry MX-Speed-Silver)Beyerdynamic MMX 300 (2nd Gen) | Acer XV272U | OS: Windows 11 |

2 hours ago, Notional said:

You mean:

6TxhL5g.jpg

Turtle's too fucking happy for a reptile condemned to a life of old and indie games only.

-------

Current Rig

-------

So this is how AMD is planning to fix their poor drivers? Very interesting.

38 minutes ago, LAwLz said:

So this is how AMD is planning to fix their poor drivers? Very interesting.

I thought both companies have had their share of driver issues.

Considering how many contracts AMD gets from Apple they could get another one if Apple is indeed working on smart car tech. It is also a possibility that Apple would use their own A series chip instead of buying chips from someone else.

5 hours ago, Fetzie said:

I was hoping some one would spell it out

CPU: Intel i7 7700K | GPU: ROG Strix GTX 1080Ti | PSU: Seasonic X-1250 (faulty) | Memory: Corsair Vengeance RGB 3200Mhz 16GB | OS Drive: Western Digital Black NVMe 250GB | Game Drive(s): Samsung 970 Evo 500GB, Hitachi 7K3000 3TB 3.5" | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z270x Gaming 7 | Case: Fractal Design Define S (No Window and modded front Panel) | Monitor(s): Dell S2716DG G-Sync 144Hz, Acer R240HY 60Hz (Dead) | Keyboard: G.SKILL RIPJAWS KM780R MX | Mouse: Steelseries Sensei 310 (Striked out parts are sold or dead, awaiting zen2 parts)

3 hours ago, Godlygamer23 said:

Mean like how people blame other people for stuff even though that person never had anything to do with the situation ? Humans aren't very rational, very few are and even then the few that are rational, they aren't fair because we have a thing called bias and that tends to sway or cloud people's judgement. Plus we like to pin the blame on the person who'll probably take the harder fall.

7 hours ago, Notional said:

Gotta love how people constantly makes fire jokes about AMD, when Nvidia numerous times holds the record for the hottest cards ever. You know like Fermi and the EVGA's Pascal series firestarters. 

Was it the mobile 8600 that literally set some laptops on fire? Of course, if it was overheating you can also blame the laptop maker and it's cooling solution (was it Dell?). If it was a component failure, on the other hand... I just remember there were massive recalls.

Anyway: Nvidia, AMD, Tesla, trolley dilemma, all the same to me... The unanswered question remains: what will we do if when the BSOD comes?

11 hours ago, rattacko123 said:

-snip-

AMD is developing a new ARM core called K12. Jim Keller co-designed it with Zen, so it's likely to impress.

Pixelbook Go i5 Pixel 4 XL