there is no girl on the hardwarenet?

Nagby

There are females out there. . . . there just can be a fine line between when being a female is reliant to the conversation, and when you really are just tossing in out there.  Yes I am a female and in this thread it makes sense to say so but for 95% of the time on here I don't think my gender is relevant to the topic.  I don't feel like being female is something to be made an issue of, it really is not that interesting. I don't assume everyone I meet online is male. . . . I suspect a lot are female. . . . they just see no reason or need to make an issue of it.  . . I just assume the people online, for now at least, are humans, as opposed to some sorta of highly trained ape.

Intel Core i5 2400 - Corsair Vengeance 16.0GB Dual-Channel DDR3 @ 668MHz (9-9-9-24 - four strips) - ASUS P8Z68-V LE - GeForce GTX 660 Ti (MSI Power Edition) - 60GB Corsair Force 3 Boot drive with 2.5TB in a random nightmare of a configuration

Just a friendly reminder that one of the "girls" on the forum is a guy. Confirmed a day admitted. But I can't say who as that breaches CoC due to it being private messaging and external communication. Imma just say their original account was banned after they whinged and pretended to leave feedback months back ;-)

Rig 1 CPU: 3570K Motherboard: V Gene GPU: Power Color r9 280x at 1.35GHZ  RAM: 16 GB 1600mhz PSU: Cougar CMX 700W Storage: 1x Plexor M5S 256GB 1x 1TB HDD 1x 3TB GREEN HDD Case: Coolermaster HAFXB Cooling: Intel Watercooler
"My day so far, I've fixed 4 computers and caught a dog. Australian Tech Industry is weird."

"It's bent so far to the right, It's a hook."

There are females out there. . . . there just can be a fine line between when being a female is reliant to the conversation, and when you really are just tossing in out there.  Yes I am a female and in this thread it makes sense to say so but for 95% of the time on here I don't think my gender is relevant to the topic.  I don't feel like being female is something to be made an issue of, it really is not that interesting. I don't assume everyone I meet online is male. . . . I suspect a lot are female. . . . they just see no reason or need to make an issue of it.  . . I just assume the people online, for now at least, are humans, as opposed to some sorta of highly trained ape.

omg a female, Pm everyone to let them know, here's my picture, photo, phone number, address (I'll fly to you), Cute cats Love them please talk to me why won't you respond I promise I'm not creepy, lol, That is what imagine some guys are like. I feel bad sometimes.

THIS PART IS 100% MY OPINION ON MY GAMERS DON'T LIKE GAMER GIRLS.

{(Especially because of some of the "famous/well known" female gamer youtubers that IMO ruin in for a lot of the actual female gamers. The more popular one's are what a lot of actual gamers hate and find quite annoying.)}

Agree though. 100% of the time I can never think of a reason on the forum as to why someones gender would come into roll for what they are saying. If I am saying something to someone why would my gender come into the conversation. I want to know your experience on the topic more than your gender.

Sager NP9370EM - I7 3630QM - 680m 1045Mhz - 8gb 1600mhz ram - 240gb msata 750gb hdd

yes, i realize that this hasn't to do with hardware topics, but i legitimately met any "confirmed" girls on this topic, so i wanted to be sure that this isn't 100% filled with guys

and i get that it also might be better to close this topic before it go over the limits

yes, i realize that this hasn't to do with hardware topics, but i legitimately met any "confirmed" girls on this topic, so i wanted to be sure that this isn't 100% filled with guys

and i get that it also might be better to close this topic before it go over the limits

http://i.imgur.com/cV7AIXQ.png

Happy now?

(inb4attentionwhore)

Why do you freakin care if the forum is all guys anyways.

Rule of the Internet: Everyone are guys.

CoolerMaster CM 690 II Basic | Intel i7-2600 | CoolerMaster Hyper 212+ 2x Zotac GTX 1070 AMP! Edition

Asus P8Z77-V LK | 2 x 4GB Kingston HyperX DDR3 1600MHz CL9 | SeaSonic M12ii 850W 80+ Bronze Crucial M4 128GB

omg a female, Pm everyone to let them know, here's my picture, photo, phone number, address (I'll fly to you), Cute cats Love them please talk to me why won't you respond I promise I'm not creepy, lol, That is what imagine some guys are like. I feel bad sometimes.

THIS PART IS 100% MY OPINION ON MY GAMERS DON'T LIKE GAMER GIRLS.

{(Especially because of some of the "famous/well known" female gamer youtubers that IMO ruin in for a lot of the actual female gamers. The more popular one's are what a lot of actual gamers hate and find quite annoying.)}

Agree though. 100% of the time I can never think of a reason on the forum as to why someones gender would come into roll for what they are saying. If I am saying something to someone why would my gender come into the conversation. I want to know your experience on the topic more than your gender.

Bad apples spoil the lot. . . this is true for a lot of areas of life.  Shitty girl games ruin it for good girl games and asshat males ruin it for all wonderful guys out there. Meh, such is life.

There are times when my gender is relevant. . .  if I am talking about a penis. . .  I usually will mention that I do not have one, nor have ever had my own.  I also will sometimes clarify when I am talking about my better half, who is male.  Given the prevalence of males online, I do sometimes prefer to clarify that it is a heterosexual partnership, not homosexual. . . . not offering unneeded information is one thing, but I don't really like to mislead, and it is to the point on a place like this, I actually do wonder if "gay male" is the logical jump over "straight female" when you refer to a male significant other.  I generally would rather clarify than confuse people. 

Intel Core i5 2400 - Corsair Vengeance 16.0GB Dual-Channel DDR3 @ 668MHz (9-9-9-24 - four strips) - ASUS P8Z68-V LE - GeForce GTX 660 Ti (MSI Power Edition) - 60GB Corsair Force 3 Boot drive with 2.5TB in a random nightmare of a configuration

I doubt it will get that much interest.  But I do know  the feeling.  Sometimes you just want to make sure you are not crazy.

My profile says I am female, that is accurate. . . . Not sure how to go about confirmation lol.  Heck most of the time, I would not even respond to post like this,  yours struck me as sincere and thoughtful, so I popped in.  I suspect other females are reading this and just not feeling like coming out of the woodwork.  Really the best is to start with yourself,  stop assuming all the post you find on here are of men, when you read a post on here do you assume the gender? 

Really the best is to start with yourself,  stop assuming all the post you find on here are of men, when you read a post on here do you assume the gender?

This. this would help a lot.

when you read a post on here do you assume the gender? 

not really, unless something in the post clearly tell it ^^

I've gamed with a few girls/women some into just gaming only and some into gaming and hardware I've even talked with some on team speak.  I honestly don't get the whole "sexist against girls/women thing" that some guys have, seems really fu**ing stupid to me. I bet there is a whole bunch of girls/women on this forum but they keep there gender a secret because of $hit like this.

Girl on the internet: "Hi I'm a girl!"

Inbox: 9001 messages (1 non-sexual/spam-ish)

but it is what it is I guess. 

Motherboard: MSI-990FXA-GD65 | CPU: AMD FX-8350 @ 4.3Ghz | CPU Cooler: Corsair H100 | RAM: 8GB Corsair Vengeance 1600Mhz | GPU: MSI GTX 770 Lightning @ 1300Mhz CC and 8000Mhz MC | Case: Fractal Design ARC Midi R2 | PSU: Corsair AX850 | OS: Windows 8.1

I can be a a girl if you want me to?

Retried Battlefield Moderator EA Star Wars Battlefront Senior Moderator  Battlefield Moderator and EA Champion

In conclusion all people should be treated equally even though they aren't. The bad apples example I am pretty sure sums up the issue completely. There are guys out there who are sexist pigs and there are some girls who sell their image (metaphorically not literally) to get attention. But there are civil and well meaning people on both sides of the fence.

However there is still nothing we can do about it except regulate our own selves and hope others follow the example.

"If you do not take your failures seriously you will continue to fail"

ITs a burning question i have that only gets vile retorts and i can't seem to understand why men are so freaking fascinated with the myth that "no girls on the internet"

"The internet: Where guys are guys, girls are guys and kids are FBI-Agents"

;P

No but seriously what do you expect? On the internet you'll find the creeps that are even too socially outcast to stalk a girl, of course they gonna be keyboard warriors.

Frost upon these cigarettes.... lipstick on the window pane...

Theres a girl somewhere on this forum, im sure windspeed is rolling in women as well.

winspeed has his own private forum with woman in it

Main Rig: -FX8150 -32gb Kingston HyperX BLUE -120gb Kingston HyperX SSD -1TB WD Black -ASUS R9 270 DCUII OC -Corsair 300r -Full specs on Profile

Other Devices: -One Plus One 64gb Sandstone Black -Canon T5 -Moto G -Pebble Smartwatch -Nintendo 2DS -G27 Racing Wheel

#PlugYourStuff - 720penis - 1080penis - #KilledMyWife - #LinusButtPlug - #HashtagsAreALifestyle - CAR BOUGHT: 2010 Corolla

[Noone posts here]

Wait for Stephie to show up in here. Ashley is kind of still a riddle is she into tech soo much, but M-ursu - she's into tech. Look how lovely she does all "welcome" posts to greet newcomers.

M-ursu is no 'Girl' She is a Women!

M-ursu is no 'Girl' She is a Women!

Yeah and Linus is tall...

<p>Eryi's Action Rule#2 - "Dont jump on the green mushroom"

Ministry of StopIt!

In runescape, 80% of my clan turned out to be female IRL, but you never would have known from the way they played.

I never gave it a second thought really, until now anyway.

Nope.

What do you mean?

Main Rig: -FX8150 -32gb Kingston HyperX BLUE -120gb Kingston HyperX SSD -1TB WD Black -ASUS R9 270 DCUII OC -Corsair 300r -Full specs on Profile

Other Devices: -One Plus One 64gb Sandstone Black -Canon T5 -Moto G -Pebble Smartwatch -Nintendo 2DS -G27 Racing Wheel

#PlugYourStuff - 720penis - 1080penis - #KilledMyWife - #LinusButtPlug - #HashtagsAreALifestyle - CAR BOUGHT: 2010 Corolla

Wow, I'm impressed with people's mental log of the forum members that they think are girls. Time to get out some more.

I roll with sigs off so I have no idea what you're advertising.

This is NOT the signature you are looking for.