Apple's powerful, cylindrical Mac Pro will start at $2,999

Gunzkewl

It's...beautiful.

Until I saw the price

Never trust a hug. Its just a way to hide your face - The Doctor (Sounds something like the grumpy cat would say)

Hahaha, nooooope.

I'll be sticking to my gaming rig thaaaanks ;) Can't wait to get my 7990 on Saturday :P

System Specs:

CPU: Ryzen 7 5800X

GPU: Radeon RX 7900 XT 

RAM: 32GB 3600MHz

HDD: 1TB Sabrent NVMe -  WD 1TB Black - WD 2TB Green -  WD 4TB Blue

MB: Gigabyte  B550 Gaming X- RGB Disabled

PSU: Corsair RM850x 80 Plus Gold

Case: BeQuiet! Silent Base 801 Black

Cooler: Noctua NH-DH15

It probably runs very hot. There are so many things wrong with this work computer. Eg. not enough RAM, not enough storage, Quadcore Xeon, FirePro's and the cooling is probably going to be terrible. To do editing on a machine you will need more than 12GB more like 64Gb and for storage you will need a few TB especially when you are using 4K. Quad core Xeon won't cut it knower days, they should have gone for an 8 core. And FirePro's are not as good as Quadros. Titans are better than FirePro's. I have no idea though what the D300 line is because there is noting on the web about them. Even AMD doesn't list them on their website. And the cooling will be quite bad just looking at the case and the way they have cooled the FirePro's. If anyone ever needs to do editing or anything like that they will be better off building it themselves. 

I did some serious research as i wanted to compare to to a quadro k2000 based build i was going to make for someone a while back(most expensive build i did was £2200 felt great after that and now it pays for my school travel).

From my research( a lot of research) i found that the d300s have 476 stream processors(50 less then a 7750) and are passive cooled always due to lower heat output, they run at 750mhz and have a 256bit bus(4500mhz mem clock but im not certain). long story short the quadro k2000 completely shit on it (bout 40% even in opencl based programs). however it lost vs crossfire. the cpus in the Ibin can be upgraded to 4,6,8,12. You probably have to pay £1000 per extra core. That blower fan is going to struggle badly, they boast about the pci-e ssd which si 256gb. I saw a 2minute 4k video being rendering before(my uncle works for an advertisment company, they have made adverts for football and the wingleys extra and walkers crisp). A 2minute 4k video was around 200gb and it was compressed and it was before editing. Apple offer up to a 1tb ssd or use the thunderbolt to a external hdd. 

cpu: intel i5 4670k @ 4.5ghz Ram: G skill ares 2x4gb 2166mhz cl10 Gpu: GTX 680 liquid cooled cpu cooler: Raijintek ereboss Mobo: gigabyte z87x ud5h psu: cm gx650 bronze Case: Zalman Z9 plus

Listen if you care.

Cpu: intel i7 4770k @ 4.2ghz Ram: G skill  ripjaws 2x4gb Gpu: nvidia gtx 970 cpu cooler: akasa venom voodoo Mobo: G1.Sniper Z6 Psu: XFX proseries 650w Case: Zalman H1

Yeah because most teenagers have disposable funds.

You'd be surprised at how many teenagers have expensive macs lol. Or at least at my school.

Every 60 seconds in Africa...

A minute passes.

You'd be surprised at how many teenagers have expensive macs lol. Or at least at my school.

Probably not top of the line.

Desktop: Intel i5-3570K (stock) | Asus Sabertooth Z77 | G.Skill RipJaw 16GB 1600MHz | Samsung 840 120GB | EVGA GTX 680 SC+ 2GB | Fractal Design R4 | Windows 8 Pro (soon to have dual boot Mac OS X)

Retina Macbook Pro : Intel i7-3840QM | 16GB 1600 MHz | 256GB SSD | Nvidia GT 650M 1GB | Mac OS X 10.8.5

I would rather have a larger chassis with more internal storage than have several external drives scattered across my desk. Small form factor has no point if you have to keep adding peripherals that take up space.

Not really impressed, these days It seems harder and harder to impress me, and this certainly doesn't cut the mustard.

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

Now people can partake in the soon-to-be most expensive sport - Mac Pro bowling.  

COMIC SANS

CoffeeBlack, on 23 Oct 2013 - 05:11 AM, said:

I would rather have a larger chassis with more internal storage than have several external drives scattered across my desk. Small form factor has no point if you have to keep adding peripherals that take up space.

Not to forget all those cables connecting to the external drives..The price is such a rip-off. Few years or months down the road and that thing will be obsolete as better hardware becomes available and there isn't any option to upgrade it unless you buy a new one.

Now, I don't know how much the D300 cards costs, but 3000 dollars for the basic model sounds like too much:

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant / Benchmarks
CPU:  Intel Core i7-4820K 3.7GHz Quad-Core Processor  ($304.99 @ Amazon)
CPU Cooler:  Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO 82.9 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler  ($29.99 @ Microcenter)
Motherboard:  MSI X79MA-GD45 Micro ATX LGA2011 Motherboard  ($179.99 @ Newegg)
Memory:  Patriot Viper 3 16GB (4 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory  ($89.68 @ NCIX US)
Storage:  Samsung 840 EVO 250GB 2.5" Solid State Disk  ($174.99 @ NCIX US)
Case:  BitFenix Merc Alpha (Black) ATX Mid Tower Case  ($49.97 @ Outlet PC)
Power Supply:  Corsair Builder 600W 80 PLUS Bronze Certified ATX12V Power Supply  ($31.00 @ Newegg)
Total: $860.61
(Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available.)

My guess is that the D300 cards will cost ~500 each so that's 1140 dollar for the small case which will probably overheat, and the Apple tax. Not worth it if you ask me.

While I'm not one..for the machine..

Saying editing 4k is seamless.....

With a compressed source video it probably is...on a LOT of PC's.

My 2600k editing 4k source material has slight delays in between operations, it may not be seamless, but I'm using uncompressed datarates.

It also looks like the delays in processing has more to do with Memory bandwidth speeds then CPU power...IMO

I'd like to see comparisons,..socket 2011 DualCPU compared to this Mac... editing the same footage,..

Maximums - Asus Z97-K /w i5 4690 Bclk @106.9Mhz * x39 = 4.17Ghz, 8GB of 2600Mhz DDR3,.. Gigabyte GTX970 G1-Gaming @ 1550Mhz

It probably runs very hot. There are so many things wrong with this work computer. Eg. not enough RAM, not enough storage, Quadcore Xeon, FirePro's and the cooling is probably going to be terrible. To do editing on a machine you will need more than 12GB more like 64Gb and for storage you will need a few TB especially when you are using 4K. Quad core Xeon won't cut it knower days, they should have gone for an 8 core. And FirePro's are not as good as Quadros. Titans are better than FirePro's. I have no idea though what the D300 line is because there is noting on the web about them. Even AMD doesn't list them on their website. And the cooling will be quite bad just looking at the case and the way they have cooled the FirePro's. If anyone ever needs to do editing or anything like that they will be better off building it themselves.

The gpu's have 12gbs of ram, not the actual ram. I thought the same thing when I looked at their website

Finally my Santa hat doesn't look out of place

The gpu's have 12gbs of ram, not the actual ram. I thought the same thing when I looked at their website

No they do not. On the base model it has 12GB DDR3 ECC RAM, and the GPUs have 2GB GDDR5 VRAM each.

For some reason I expected them to say dual Titans :lol: Looks really nice, but hell, I'll never need one. Really like the design, but isn't 256 gigs too little for a professional computer? They mentioned 4K, how fast would that fill the drive?

Yea, 256GB drive in a $3K base price, so they're expecting you (well, who ever throws their money away on it) to buy the of course Apple logo-ed Thunderbolt drive for another $1K or some other ridiculous price for a 1TB drive and of course the Thunderbolt cable is separately purchased :lol:

I roll with sigs off so I have no idea what you're advertising.

This is NOT the signature you are looking for.

Don't underestimate the power of persuasion and rich parents

Don't forget rich barristas B)

I roll with sigs off so I have no idea what you're advertising.

This is NOT the signature you are looking for.

Actually not that horrible of a price considering the dual fire pros and a hexa core xeon. way better value than the last mac pro.

intro specs aren't very good. Fully decked out will be nice but cost $10000....

my future editing machine in 5 years will use this for a case!

just stick one of my Apple stickers on it and it's good to go!

post-2691-0-85005600-1382488653_thumb.jp

2017 Macbook Pro 15 inch

intro specs aren't very good. Fully decked out will be nice but cost $10000....

my future editing machine in 5 years will use this for a case!

just stick one of my Apple stickers on it and it's good to go!

dual fire pros isnt that good? I hate apple, but this thing actually has some good specs for the price

dual fire pros isnt that good? I hate apple, but this thing actually has some good specs for the price

would you ever consider buying one or recommending one if they gave free pro software with the machine? that would be a dream come true!

2017 Macbook Pro 15 inch

would you ever consider buying one or recommending one if they gave free pro software with the machine? that would be a dream come true!

I'm a software developer, my system requirements are pretty much a functioning machine. Firepros aren't good for gaming so I have no interest in them, so no I'd never buy one of these myself because I have no use case for this type of hardware but the actual horsepower inside of these for what they're intended for is good.

That outer shell ruins the already huge, but possibly passable departure from the norm. Looks so nasty and cheap and platicy. Fucking ew.