HTC codename Bolt (Next flagship) leaked with no Audio jack!

AlTech
2 minutes ago, AluminiumTech said:

? I don't get it. How did that relate to Microsoft or the topic or anything?

Because you cannot berate consumers in one thread for "causing sales to decline and not helping the industry to survive", or wanting to keep using their older hardware, and then complain when another company does it to you.

That's just pure hipocrisy.

25 minutes ago, AluminiumTech said:

But what about my expensive audiophile quality headphones?

If they're really audiophile grade you should probably be using an amp anyway

9 minutes ago, Jovidah said:

Because you cannot berate consumers in one thread for "causing sales to decline and not helping the industry to survive", or wanting to keep using their older hardware, and then complain when another company does it to you.

That's just pure hipocrisy.

This isn't a software issue. This is hardware, This is a basic fundamental piece of the user experience.

Judge a product on its own merits AND the company that made it.

How to setup MSI Afterburner OSD | How to make your AMD Radeon GPU more efficient with Radeon Chill | (Probably) Why LMG Merch shipping to the EU is expensive

Oneplus 6 (Early 2023 to present) | HP Envy 15" x360 R7 5700U (Mid 2021 to present) | Steam Deck (Late 2022 to present)

Mid 2023 AlTech Desktop Refresh - AMD R7 5800X (Mid 2023), XFX Radeon RX 6700XT MBA (Mid 2021), MSI X370 Gaming Pro Carbon (Early 2018), 32GB DDR4-3200 (16GB x2) (Mid 2022

Noctua NH-D15 (Early 2021), Corsair MP510 1.92TB NVMe SSD (Mid 2020), beQuiet Pure Wings 2 140mm x2 & 120mm x1 (Mid 2023),

IDK how you define sexy as hell but that phone sure ain't looking like one to me..

Just now, potoooooooo said:

If they're really audiophile grade you should probably be using an amp anyway

The Audiophile grade stuff I mentioned? That's from Sennheiser's marketing :D. They're technically audiophile grade but I love them. I'm too poor to afford a DAC or an AMP.

Judge a product on its own merits AND the company that made it.

How to setup MSI Afterburner OSD | How to make your AMD Radeon GPU more efficient with Radeon Chill | (Probably) Why LMG Merch shipping to the EU is expensive

Oneplus 6 (Early 2023 to present) | HP Envy 15" x360 R7 5700U (Mid 2021 to present) | Steam Deck (Late 2022 to present)

Mid 2023 AlTech Desktop Refresh - AMD R7 5800X (Mid 2023), XFX Radeon RX 6700XT MBA (Mid 2021), MSI X370 Gaming Pro Carbon (Early 2018), 32GB DDR4-3200 (16GB x2) (Mid 2022

Noctua NH-D15 (Early 2021), Corsair MP510 1.92TB NVMe SSD (Mid 2020), beQuiet Pure Wings 2 140mm x2 & 120mm x1 (Mid 2023),

8 minutes ago, AluminiumTech said:

This isn't a software issue. This is hardware, This is a basic fundamental piece of the user experience.

And software isn't?

Boycotting is boycotting no matter what the product is

https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/631048-psu-tier-list-updated/ Tier Breakdown (My understanding)--1 Godly, 2 Great, 3 Good, 4 Average, 5 Meh, 6 Bad, 7 Awful

its gonna be like micro sd all over again

they will try to ignore it but then it will just come back

If your grave doesn't say "rest in peace" on it You are automatically drafted into the skeleton war.

2 hours ago, AluminiumTech said:

Just use them with an audiophile quality music player.  They're mostly wasted on a mere phone. 

meanwhile the V20 can drive high impedance headphones

I know where i'm going after my V10 

One day I will be able to play Monster Hunter Frontier in French/Italian/English on my PC, it's just a matter of time... 4 5 6 7 8 9 years later: It's finally coming!!!

Phones: iPhone 4S/SE | LG V10 | Lumia 920 | Samsung S24 Ultra

Laptops: Macbook Pro 15" (mid-2012) | Compaq Presario V6000

Other: Steam Deck

<>EVs are bad, they kill the planet and remove freedoms too some/<>

2 hours ago, AluminiumTech said:

TRIGGERED

[Insert massive rant here]

FFS. Please Jesus. I have $150 USD Sennheiser Headphones. Not cheap garbage. It's not easy for me to buy new $150 USB-C headphones and why should I?

You dont, if you dont buy the phone. 

3 hours ago, AluminiumTech said:

You can always use it on your PC.........

If it is not broken, let's fix till it is. 

If 150$ headphones are "expensive audiophile quality", I'd really like to know what you would call the 1100€ AMP/DAC&headphone combo (by Stax) a fellow student of mine bought recently ...

In addition, in an audiophile friendly environment there's no phone present in the first place, so why even bother ...

THIS SIGNATURE INTENTIONALLY LEFT BLANK

TRIGGERED

FFS. Please Jesus. I have $150 USD Sennheiser Headphones. Not cheap garbage. It's not easy for me to buy new $150 USB-C headphones and why should I?

Same here, i've got beyerdynamics, AKGs and sennheisers.... no way i'm dealing with this bs. If there's not a headphone jack I'll just buy a phone that has one.

CPU: I7 3770k @4.8 ghz | GPU: GTX 1080 FE SLI | RAM: 16gb (2x8gb) gskill sniper 1866mhz | Mobo: Asus P8Z77-V LK | PSU: Rosewill Hive 1000W | Case: Corsair 750D | Cooler:Corsair H110| Boot: 2X Kingston v300 120GB RAID 0 | Storage: 1 WD 1tb green | 2 3TB seagate Barracuda|

TRIGGERED

I mean there is adapters, but still, the headphone jack shouldn't be dying yet.

✨PC Specs✨

AMD Ryzen 7 3800X | MSI MPG B550 Gaming Plus | 16GB Team T-Force 3400MHz | Zotac GTX 1080 AMP EXTREME

BeQuiet Dark Rock Pro 4 Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | NZXT 750W | Phanteks Eclipse P400A

Extras: ASUS Zephyrus G14 (2021) | OnePlus 7 Pro | Fully restored Robosapien V2, Omnibot 2000, Omnibot 5402

My hope is that people will simply ignore any device stupid enough to not have the port (assuming they are someone who ever used it, which admittedly isn't everyone, but, come on) but I fear that will not happen.  @themctipers can attest to what I've seen going on in pro-apple circles where person after person have been "upgrading" to the iPhone 7, seemingly for no reason... it's like their just mindless drones buying it and not even knowing why or really wanting to.  I suspect that behaviour will spread, and my dream of the forces of evolution and capitalism making stupid phones like this die out will die out instead.

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

You know i was pissed that the new Pixel was 650+ but now its looking like im just going to have to pay a premium to have 2 fucking ports on my phone. I wouldnt even care as much if it was 2 USB-C ports because at least i can charge and listen to music.

Thankfully phones dont "need" upgrades anymore, my N5x is still damn good and ill stick with it until it dies at this rate. Since clearly everyone who makes flagship phones has gone fucking stupid.

Primary:

Intel i5 4670K (3.8 GHz) | ASRock Extreme 4 Z87 | 16GB Crucial Ballistix Tactical LP 2x8GB | Gigabyte GTX980ti | Mushkin Enhanced Chronos 240GB | Corsair RM 850W | Nanoxia Deep Silence 1| Ducky Shine 3 | Corsair m95 | 2x Monoprice 1440p IPS Displays | Altec Lansing VS2321 | Sennheiser HD558 | Antlion ModMic

HTPC:

Intel NUC i5 D54250WYK | 4GB Kingston 1600MHz DDR3L | 256GB Crucial M4 mSATA SSD | Logitech K400

NAS:

Thecus n4800 | WD White Label 8tb x4 in raid 5

Phones:

Oneplux 6t (Mint), Nexus 5x 8.1.0 (wifi only), Nexus 4 (wifi only)

4 hours ago, AluminiumTech said:

TRIGGERED

USB-Type-C-Adapter-to-3-5mm-Earphone-Hea

Just keep it attached to your headphone cables,  problem solved.

4 hours ago, AluminiumTech said:

BUT WHY SHOULD I? There is no justifiable reason why I can't use my nice headphones without an Adapter.

Same. Not that I was tremendously interested but this definitely is a big no no.

The majority would never care nor need any real advantage the 3.5mm jack brings to the table in terms of audio quality.

Check out my guide on how to scan cover art here!

Local asshole and 6th generation console enthusiast.

33 minutes ago, tsk said:

USB-Type-C-Adapter-to-3-5mm-Earphone-Hea

Just keep it attached to your headphone cables,  problem solved.

But that'd be another thing to carry around. Besides, who wants to use an adapter with their phone?!

1 hour ago, Ryan_Vickers said:

My hope is that people will simply ignore any device stupid enough to not have the port (assuming they are someone who ever used it, which admittedly isn't everyone, but, come on) but I fear that will not happen.  @themctipers can attest to what I've seen going on in pro-apple circles where person after person have been "upgrading" to the iPhone 7, seemingly for no reason... it's like their just mindless drones buying it and not even knowing why or really wanting to.  I suspect that behaviour will spread, and my dream of the forces of evolution and capitalism making stupid phones like this die out will die out instead.

Apple discord is lovely. One has a SE and 6s+ and wants to upgrade to the 7!

Ryzen 5 3600 stock | 2x16GB C13 3200MHz (AFR) | GTX 760 (Sold the VII)| ASUS Prime X570-P | 6TB WD Gold (128MB Cache, 2017)

Samsung 850 EVO 240 GB 

138 is a good number.

What am I missing here? There are no pictures to support this?

Watching Intel have competition is like watching a headless chicken trying to get out of a mine field

CPU: Intel I7 4790K@4.6 with NZXT X31 AIO; MOTHERBOARD: ASUS Z97 Maximus VII Ranger; RAM: 8 GB Kingston HyperX 1600 DDR3; GFX: ASUS R9 290 4GB; CASE: Lian Li v700wx; STORAGE: Corsair Force 3 120GB SSD; Samsung 850 500GB SSD; Various old Seagates; PSU: Corsair RM650; MONITOR: 2x 20" Dell IPS; KEYBOARD/MOUSE: Logitech K810/ MX Master; OS: Windows 10 Pro

7 hours ago, AluminiumTech said:

Funny you should mention LG. I have an article coming up within a few minutes about their next phone...

So... what's the deal with it? :P

The ability to google properly is a skill of its own. 

1 hour ago, Sampsy said:

I'm all up for moving audio to UCB-C - but a much better way of doing it than suddenly dropping the existing audio jack is to begin supporting audio over usb-c now, phasing out the old connector over a few years to give people time to upgrade. 

But why? Is there something wrong with the 3.5mm jack? 

Before you type stuff, remember: an old connector does not mean a bad one.

Ye ole' train

*eye twitch*

i hope it is a matter of the jack being on the top of the phone or something

also, whats with all the mic holes on the back?

Is this supposed to be a midranger? Because theres loads of phones with superior specs at a similar price...

Groomlake Authority