Amazon rolls out Amazon Music Unlimited

WkdPaul

Amazon just jumped in the music streaming market, with a big discount for Amazon Echo owners (though there's a catch of course!). A bit late IMO but they might grab part of the market. Personally I'm fine with my Spotify and don't see why I would need to switch over! But hey, the more competition the better!

As long rumored, Amazon Echo owners can tune in to Music Unlimited at a far lower price than anybody else. But those whispers of a $5 subscription for Echo users proved false; in fact, Amazon’s cutting them an even bigger deal. Echo, Echo Dot, and Amazon Tap owners can subscribe for a mere $4 per month, a sizeable discount over the service’s $10 standard price.

[...]

There’s a catch at that price though, and it’s a doozy. The $4 tier only works with a single Echo, Echo Dot, or Amazon Tap. If you want to use Amazon Music Unlimited on more than one device, or on anything other than an Echo, you’ll need to pony up for a standard subscription.

Source;

http://www.pcworld.com/article/3130121/streaming-services/amazon-music-unlimited-challenges-spotify-with-steep-discounts-for-echo-prime-users.html

If you need help with your forum account, please use the Forum Support form !

Really doubt this will actually compete with Apple Music and Spotify. Especially with Amazon services not being available worldwide.

Edited by NelizMastr

PC Specs - AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D MSI B550M Mortar - 32GB Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4-3600 @ CL16 - ASRock RX7800XT 660p 1TBGB & Crucial P5 1TB Fractal Define Mini C CM V750v2 - Windows 11 Pro

Lol. That's cute. But no. I'm already deeply invested in Spotify.

TBH, it's too late to join the streaming game.

Microsoft tried it with Groove Music last year and let's just say it hasn't been selling like hotcakes.

Judge a product on its own merits AND the company that made it.

How to setup MSI Afterburner OSD | How to make your AMD Radeon GPU more efficient with Radeon Chill | (Probably) Why LMG Merch shipping to the EU is expensive

Oneplus 6 (Early 2023 to present) | HP Envy 15" x360 R7 5700U (Mid 2021 to present) | Steam Deck (Late 2022 to present)

Mid 2023 AlTech Desktop Refresh - AMD R7 5800X (Mid 2023), XFX Radeon RX 6700XT MBA (Mid 2021), MSI X370 Gaming Pro Carbon (Early 2018), 32GB DDR4-3200 (16GB x2) (Mid 2022

Noctua NH-D15 (Early 2021), Corsair MP510 1.92TB NVMe SSD (Mid 2020), beQuiet Pure Wings 2 140mm x2 & 120mm x1 (Mid 2023),

3 minutes ago, AluminiumTech said:

Lol. That's cute. But no. I'm already deeply invested in Spotify.

TBH, it's too late to join the streaming game.

Microsoft tried it with Groove Music last year and let's just say it hasn't been selling like hotcakes.

i mean groove is integrated into forza horizon 3, which is a pretty big game, so maybe that can get people to use it, maybe.

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

2 minutes ago, terrytek said:

i mean groove is integrated into forza horizon 3, which is a pretty big game, so maybe that can get people to use it, maybe.

I mean Groove is great. But it's not nearly as available as Spotify. There are many countries where Groove isn't supported like Hong Kong.

Judge a product on its own merits AND the company that made it.

How to setup MSI Afterburner OSD | How to make your AMD Radeon GPU more efficient with Radeon Chill | (Probably) Why LMG Merch shipping to the EU is expensive

Oneplus 6 (Early 2023 to present) | HP Envy 15" x360 R7 5700U (Mid 2021 to present) | Steam Deck (Late 2022 to present)

Mid 2023 AlTech Desktop Refresh - AMD R7 5800X (Mid 2023), XFX Radeon RX 6700XT MBA (Mid 2021), MSI X370 Gaming Pro Carbon (Early 2018), 32GB DDR4-3200 (16GB x2) (Mid 2022

Noctua NH-D15 (Early 2021), Corsair MP510 1.92TB NVMe SSD (Mid 2020), beQuiet Pure Wings 2 140mm x2 & 120mm x1 (Mid 2023),

amazon prime already grants you prime music, I have never hit a limit on how much I can listen to.

5 minutes ago, AluminiumTech said:

I mean Groove is great. But it's not nearly as available as Spotify. There are many countries where Groove isn't supported like Hong Kong.

If microsoft want to make it in the music streaming then it should be included with xbox live with ads + a small fee if you don't want any.

¸„»°'´¸„»°'´ Vorticalbox `'°«„¸`'°«„¸
`'°«„¸¸„»°'´¸„»°'´`'°«„¸Scientia Potentia est  ¸„»°'´`'°«„¸`'°«„¸¸„»°'´

Amazon Prime Music works for me. Doesn't have everything or as much but it usually has what I want. I don't listen to music too often so it works and doesn't cost anything extra. I'll stick with it.

Like others I already have Amazon Prime music, see no reason why I'd need anything more.

CPU i5-4690K(OC to 4.4Ghz) CPU Cooler NZXT Kraken x41 Motherboard MSI Z97 Gaming 5 Memory G.Skillz Ripjaws X 16gb 2133 Video Card MSI GTX 1080 Gaming X           Case NZXT H440 Power Supply XFX XTR 750W Modular Storage Samsung 840 EVO 250gb/Seagate Barracuda 2TB Monitor Acer XB270HU G-Sync http://pcpartpicker.com/b/3CkTwP

I want to get either an Echo or Google Home when i go of to college, but not being able to use it on other devices means that i am just going to stick with spotify seeing how i already get the student discount for $5 a month.

US only i bet

One day I will be able to play Monster Hunter Frontier in French/Italian/English on my PC, it's just a matter of time... 4 5 6 7 8 9 years later: It's finally coming!!!

Phones: iPhone 4S/SE | LG V10 | Lumia 920 | Samsung S24 Ultra

Laptops: Macbook Pro 15" (mid-2012) | Compaq Presario V6000

Other: Steam Deck

<>EVs are bad, they kill the planet and remove freedoms too some/<>

48 minutes ago, suicidalfranco said:

US only i bet

US only for now, next are going to be UK, Germany and Austria ...

http://ajournalofmusicalthings.com/amazon-gets-streaming-music-business-charging-less-sorry-canada-not/

If you need help with your forum account, please use the Forum Support form !

4 hours ago, AluminiumTech said:

And there are many countries where Spotify isn't available (my location for instance), and we are left with Deezer. Or just using VPN that is.

The ability to google properly is a skill of its own. 

On 12/10/2016 at 3:46 PM, Misanthrope said:

So why isn't this built into prime as well? Quite inconsistent of them.

it is, you get music with prime

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii