144 members have voted

1. 1. Which Candidate?

• Donald Trump
    • Hillary Clinton
    • Gary Johnson
    • Jill Stein
    • Chris Keniston

Just now, Dan Castellaneta said:

Reality TV doesn't mean shit. Flavor Flav had a TV show on VH1 and didn't tarnish shit relating to Public Enemy. Trump being on TV doesn't matter here. Hell, if you wanna pull that argument, Ronald Reagan was an actor and Arnold Scwartznegger was the governor of California.

that was only ONE of my arguments. Also , actor is very different than reality TV star in my opinion.

AMD Ryzen R7 1700 (3.8ghz) w/ NH-D14, EVGA RTX 2080 XC (stock), 4*4GB DDR4 3000MT/s RAM, Gigabyte AB350-Gaming-3 MB, CX750M PSU, 1.5TB SDD + 7TB HDD, Phanteks enthoo pro case

13 minutes ago, stconquest said:

Psst, it was never acceptable.  It was tolerated.

I was more referring to cultural norms. Never meant it was right. 

ASU

2 hours ago, SteveGrabowski0 said:

I don't agree at all with that. It's a huge violation of the first amendment. I'd also hate to see this in this election. I will be voting a straight Democrat ticket because I think it's unconscionable the way the Republican party has tried to suppress the right to vote with their voter ID laws and how they have successfully suppressed the impact of votes through the gerrymandering they have done at a state level since 2010. The straight Democrat ticket is my protest vote against the Republican party. I used to vote for lots of Republicans but I refuse to this election with all the tricks they have pulled to try to stay in power since 2010 instead of coming up with solutions that would make more people want to vote for them.

How, in exact words, is it a violation of the first amendment? I never said I would prevent like minded people to assemble, I just don't want the WORDS on the ballot. No where in the first amendment does it say "The words democrat and republican MUST appear on the voting ballot." Make people KNOW who they are voting for, not just filling in dots beside people's names with "D" or "R" beside them.

Your are the type of person who is causing the problem. You think voting one way or another will "punish " a particular party. Hilarious. What you are doing is voting for people you may or may not support, and THAT is wrong. That goes against what this country was founded on.

24 minutes ago, corrado33 said:

How, in exact words, is it a violation of the first amendment? I never said I would prevent like minded people to assemble, I just don't want the WORDS on the ballot. No where in the first amendment does it say "The words democrat and republican MUST appear on the voting ballot." Make people KNOW who they are voting for, not just filling in dots beside people's names with "D" or "R" beside them.

Your are the type of person who is causing the problem. You think voting one way or another will "punish " a particular party. Hilarious. What you are doing is voting for people you may or may not support, and THAT is wrong. That goes against what this country was founded on.

I'm voting for the least shitty candidate and the least shitty party. Candidates have a right to identify with a party and you're trying to take that away from them. LOL at what this country was founded on, this country was founded by slave owners.

2 hours ago, Coaxialgamer said:

your so called non-career politician is an ex-reality TV star who bankrupted several bussiness , cannot spend a single minute on Tv without causing severe controversy , has NO experience with politics , has an unrealistic tax policy plans ( yeah , 10% tax should work , right ? Guess we can cut pretty much everything and still be on a deficit  ), is arguably unstable , cannot take any topic seriously , spews bullshit every chance he gets ( we'll just call bill gates to shut down the internet ), considers himself a better judge than the FBI , is anti- VAX and sees mental health issues as a "lack of strength" .

And that's without considering all the controversy surrounding him ( all the SJW stuff , along with all the talk about racism , misogyny , which i won't take a stance on ) 

This is the person you want to put in charge of the country , the economy and the entire US nuclear arsenal ?

Trump is an anti vaccine loon too? How does this fat piece of shit keep looking worse and worse? xD

4 minutes ago, SteveGrabowski0 said:

Trump is an anti vaccine loon too? How does this fat piece of shit keep looking worse and worse? xD

Plenty of reserves left in the fail-tank, one assumes.

1 hour ago, Hackentosher said:

No, but society and culture is progressing past that. It's not acceptable to treat and talk to people like that anymore. 

Who cares? That's not a major issue in the world believe it or not.

On 10/10/2016 at 2:04 AM, Hackentosher said:

Did y'all watch the two debates? When asked a question, trump would begin ranting about some completely unrelated topic. I personally thing Clinton is the better choice here (not a good choice but a better one) because of her previous political experience. Sure you may not like career politicians but think of it this way: would you rather have a cardiac surgeon or a pilot performing your open heart surgery? Or would you want a cardiac surgeon flying your plane? 

I watched the last half of the second one, and while I think Trump is a bit delusional as statistically more jobs are entering the US economy rather than leaving and he's made some outlandish comments and inappropriate comments but I don't think those are disqualifies. Actions tend to say more than words, his actions don't seem nearly as bad as the actions Hillary has done. Granted I think the things Hillary have done wrong have been blown way out of proportion, I don't think they should be totally dismissed either.

Your analogy is okay.

a Moo Floof connoisseur and curator.

:x@handymanshandle x @pinksnowbirdie || Jake x Brendan :x
Youtube Audio Normalization

Personally I wanted Bernie, I feel like Jill Stein is too much of a mixed bag and Gary Johnson he seems okay but he like Trump has some issues.

a Moo Floof connoisseur and curator.

:x@handymanshandle x @pinksnowbirdie || Jake x Brendan :x
Youtube Audio Normalization

3 hours ago, LordXenu said:

Oh please do tell how only allowing people to vote who have the right to is in any way suppressing anyone's right to vote. I live in a voter id state and anyone who wants an ID for voting purposes can get one for free.

My grandpa voted republican his whole life, but since his death he votes democrat 10 or 20 times each election.

How do you know his name was used to vote democraft "10 or 20 times"?

If indeed, your grandpa's name was used for voter fraud, and you knew about it, there would be evidence, and you'd have an exact figure, not a vague range.

Perhaps voter fraud is more of a problem in the US, but in Canada, the percentage of ballots that were voter fraud (eg: voting multiple times or under a dead person's name) is extremely tiny - an insignificant amount - compared to the number of people who are impoverished or transient (eg: homeless), who find it difficult to get ID.

Elections Canada, the government body responsible for running the elections, performed internal audits, and basically found that Voter Fraud was insignificant, and mandatory ID basically made it so less legitimate voters could vote, since the number of legit voters without ID was vastly more than the number of illegitimate votes.

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

3 hours ago, Coaxialgamer said:

your so called non-career politician is an ex-reality TV star who bankrupted several bussiness , cannot spend a single minute on Tv without causing severe controversy , has NO experience with politics , has an unrealistic tax policy plans ( yeah , 10% tax should work , right ? Guess we can cut pretty much everything and still be on a deficit  ), is arguably unstable , cannot take any topic seriously , spews bullshit every chance he gets ( we'll just call bill gates to shut down the internet ), considers himself a better judge than the FBI , is anti- VAX and sees mental health issues as a "lack of strength" .

And that's without considering all the controversy surrounding him ( all the SJW stuff , along with all the talk about racism , misogyny , which i won't take a stance on ) 

This is the person you want to put in charge of the country , the economy and the entire US nuclear arsenal ?

Would i choose him instead of warmongering maniacs who created ISIS and Al Quaida, who started several Wars, run a torture Prison on Cuba and give a shit about Democracy and Human Rights?..Oh yes.

CPU i7 6700k MB  MSI Z170A Pro Carbon GPU Zotac GTX980Ti amp!extreme RAM 16GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance 3k CASE Corsair 760T PSU Corsair RM750i MOUSE Logitech G9x KB Logitech G910 HS Sennheiser GSP 500 SC Asus Xonar 7.1 MONITOR Acer Predator xb270hu Storage 1x1TB + 2x500GB Samsung 7200U/m - 2x500GB SSD Samsung 850EVO

1 minute ago, Praesi said:

Would i choose him instead of warmongering maniacs who created ISIS and Al Quaida, who started several Wars, run a torture Prison on Cuba and give a shit about Democracy and Human Rights?..Oh yes.

Wat

AMD Ryzen R7 1700 (3.8ghz) w/ NH-D14, EVGA RTX 2080 XC (stock), 4*4GB DDR4 3000MT/s RAM, Gigabyte AB350-Gaming-3 MB, CX750M PSU, 1.5TB SDD + 7TB HDD, Phanteks enthoo pro case

3 minutes ago, Praesi said:

And you think Trump gives a shit about Democracy and Human Rights?

A man like that will inevitably fill the walls in GitMo with his enemies.

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

17 minutes ago, dalekphalm said:

I only judge facts. You should do the same.

CPU i7 6700k MB  MSI Z170A Pro Carbon GPU Zotac GTX980Ti amp!extreme RAM 16GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance 3k CASE Corsair 760T PSU Corsair RM750i MOUSE Logitech G9x KB Logitech G910 HS Sennheiser GSP 500 SC Asus Xonar 7.1 MONITOR Acer Predator xb270hu Storage 1x1TB + 2x500GB Samsung 7200U/m - 2x500GB SSD Samsung 850EVO

Just now, Praesi said:

I only judge facts. You should do the same.

I do, and there are no facts that are saying he won't do the same thing.

Also, what does Clinton have to do with Gitmo? Ultimately, it's still open due to Congress. They don't want it shut down, because they don't want those prisoners on American Soil, nor do they want to release them.

This is an example of when the Executive Branch (President and Secretary of State) have limited power. When Obama ordered the closure, he doesn't have direct authority over the pieces that must fall into place for the place to actually shut down. Congress needs to improve it all.

Hell, even Bernie Sanders voted against closing it at least once when acting as a Senator. The problem is you can't just close it down, until you know what you're gonna do with those prisoners (Either release them, or move them to American facilities). The US government (Including Congress and the Senate) have no consensus on what to do with them.

28 minutes ago, dalekphalm said:

Do you know Trump personally, or just know what the media feeds you?

Future telling has nothing to do with facts, so you're out to lunch on this subject.

18 minutes ago, dalekphalm said:

I do, and there are no facts that are saying he won't do the same thing.

Ouch...

2 hours ago, Coaxialgamer said:

that was only ONE of my arguments. Also , actor is very different than reality TV star in my opinion.

They can both be used under the same argument, however. And you can't ignore my point about Flavor Flav. Reality TV is generally different from your legitimate personality, and Trump isn't really a dickhole if he can hold someone like Russell Simmons as a friend for over 20 years.

Check out my guide on how to scan cover art here!

Local asshole and 6th generation console enthusiast.

51 minutes ago, Praesi said:

If this isn't a troll post then I find it extremely hilarious. It was just a short while ago that EVERY conservative was HAMMERING Obama for ordering the shutdown of Guantanamo bay. And now you've flipped the switch and are HAMMERING Hillary because it's still open? Hahahahahaha *Sigh* Typical.

Look people, Guantanamo bay contains a bunch of bad people. Some of them are POWs, the war on terror. POWs have rights, including the right to be released after the "war" is over. Now, the war on terror will probably never end officially, but that doesn't mean we can keep people... even bad people... locked up indefinitely. Part of the issue is that the "war" on terror is not actually a... war. The UN and others need to figure out what to do with those people before we decide what we can do with Guantanamo bay. 

58 minutes ago, Praesi said:

Hold on, it's the republicans like Dick Cheney who are preventing Obama from closing GitMo, not a democratic conspiracy, and Trump has stated before he wants to "Load it up with bad dudes." So if you're going to vote for the people who want to deal with GitMo, vote democrats or greens, as they actually want to sort it out, not add more unproven criminals to a higher than supermax prison outside of the law.

Oh yeah, and ISIS was a direct reaction to republican action of starting the war on terror, and AL Qaeda was only brought into significance by a republican lead government in the first gulf war, both of these terrorist groups were effectively sparked by the two Bush presidents, both republican.

PCs

Spoiler
Spoiler

Branwen (2015 build) - CPU: i7 4790K GPU:EVGA GTX 1070 SC PSU: XFX XTR 650W RAM: 16GB Kingston HyperX fury Motherboard: MSI Z87 MPower MAX AC SSD: Crucial MX100 256GB + Crucial MX300 1TB  Case: Silverstone RV05 Cooler: Corsair H80i V2 Displays: AOC AGON AG241QG & BenQ BL2420PT Build log: link 

Spoiler

Netrunner (2020 build) - CPU: AMD R7 3700X GPU: EVGA GTX 1070 (from 2015 build) PSU: Corsair SF600 platinum RAM: 32GB Crucial Ballistix RGB 3600Mhz cl16 Motherboard: Gigabyte Aorus X570i pro wifi SSD: Sabrent Rocket 4.0 1TB Case: Lian Li TU150W black Cooler: Be Quiet! Dark Rock Slim

44 minutes ago, Thorium19 said:

Hold on, it's the republicans like Dick Cheney who are preventing Obama from closing GitMo, not a democratic conspiracy, and Trump has stated before he wants to "Load it up with bad dudes." So if you're going to vote for the people who want to deal with GitMo, vote democrats or greens, as they actually want to sort it out, not add more unproven criminals to a higher than supermax prison outside of the law.

Oh yeah, and ISIS was a direct reaction to republican action of starting the war on terror, and AL Qaeda was only brought into significance by a republican lead government in the first gulf war, both of these terrorist groups were effectively sparked by the two Bush presidents, both republican.

Agreed. ISIS was formed around 2008 in response to American actions in the middle east under the Bush administration. To blame that on Hillary is nonsensical. Personally, I think America has no business sticking its dick where it doesn't belong such as the middle east and trying to spread our government and our way of life to places that didn't ask for it. Just because they're government and culture doesn't line up with ours doesn't mean the people there don't like it. And history has shown that if a people doesn't like their government, the people will eventually overthrow it and establish a new one. We as Americans have no business doing that. 

ASU

6 hours ago, SteveGrabowski0 said:

LOL spoken like a true Trumptard

LOL spoken like a true HillShill

You didn't answer my question, because you can't. You want illegals and dead people to vote 20 or 30 times each, voter id laws are meant to prevent voter fraud, end of story. 

Oh, I'm sorry. Are my comments too racist or something? That is your goto right, the race card?

Democracy is the core of our civilization.  Being able to prove that your a citizen in good standing is necessary to ensure the effectiveness of voting for all citizens.  If people who do not qualify to vote are allowed to vote due to lax identification requirements the people who pay for the government are getting screwed.