ASUS VG248QE with NVIDIA G-SYNC 399$

GoodBytes

Just 1080p? My monitor from 2008 has a 1920x1200 res, I'd have thought displays and resolutions would have been more awe inspiring in 2013.

I just made a thread about how i wana get this monitor :P

Specs of my PC:

CPU: AMD FX 8350  Motherboard: Gigabyte 990XA UD3  GPU: Gigabyte GTX 770 Windforce 2GB  HDD: WD Green 2TB SSD:  Corsair Force GT 120GB SSD RAM: Corsair 8GB(2X4) PSU: CoolerMaster G650M

I don't get everyone getting their panties in a bunch over the price... the Asus 144Hz monitors were 500 bucks when they were just released also... its a new tech, ofcourse its gonna be expensive... price will come down after a while

HP something | 5600X | Corsair  16GB | Zotac ArcticStorm GTX 1080 Ti | Samsung 840 Pro 256GB | OCZ Agility 3 480GB | ADATA SP550 960 GB

Corsair AX860i | CaseLabs SM8 | EK Supremacy | UT60 420 | ST30 360 | ST30 240

Gentle Typhoon's and Noctua's and Noiseblocker eLoop's

My bad on that one, I simply did not understand what G-Sync actually was(that's the last time I post with 24 hours straight awake!)

And, I'm not against Nvidia lowering prices, but I am confused on how they are going to be pricing the 780ti and it's performance. Like what Prolemur has said, the 780ti should be placed in between the 780 and Titan, but from what I've seen going around the 780ti, it is suppose to go up against the 290X. If this is true, and the 290X performs around the same as the Titan, then wouldn't the 780ti be placed after the Titan in price and performance?

I personally don't see Nvidia lowering the Titan's cost, I just simply can't see them doing it, at all. The 780 most definitely, but if the 780ti is suppose to compete against the 290X, and they price the 780ti lower than the Titan(but it has better performance), then they essentially just kicked everyones' nuts that bought a Titan and it makes the Titan a stupid purchase per-se because of the higher cost but lower performance.

What they should have done(and if my accusations are true), they should have named the new card "Titan Ti". At least then they wouldn't of botched their naming scheme.

We have yet to see reliable benchmarks on the 290x (single monitor, multiple games, multiple synthetics, multiple reviewers) so we dont really know how it stacks up to the 780/780ti/Titan, the few leaks have showed it against the 780 in surround on AMD optimized games (290x beats the 780 solidly there). I would expect that the 780ti will be between the 780 and the Titan in both price and performance (with a possible price drop for the 780 to the $550 price range, slotting the 780ti in at $650). This would allow Nvidia to have a good competitor to the 290x near its price point, it makes the price to performance of the 780 better, drives sales of gk110 increasing their economies of scale, and still affords them the option of releasing a fully unlocked gk110 (Titan II or something) and/or a dual gk110 card (call it a 790). As for the cost of G-sync, if you already have a compatible monitor the upgrade cost isn't huge and if you are in the market for a new gaming monitor (as I am) the differential cost is low ($399 for a G-sync enabled ASUS monitor is a little pricey not not insane in my opinion). Remember that this is a first generation product, a totally new product type, it is expensive at first, the price will drop as it is implemented on more monitors, that or it will completely tank and Nvidia will quietly kill the product line (I don't think this will be the case).

Intel 3570k @ 4.4 GHz |Asus Sabertooth Z77 |EVGA GTX 660 Ti FTW |Kingston HyperX Beast 16 Gb DDR3 1866 (2x8Gb)

|Samsung 840 250 GB |Western Digital Green 2TB 2x |Cooler Master 850w 80+ Gold |Custom Water Cooling Loop |Noctua NF-F12 4x
|Noctua NF-A14 3x |Corsair Carbide 500R (White) |Corsair K95 |Razer Mamba |Razer Megalodon |Samsung SyncMaster T220 2x Computer Bucket List   Greatest Thread Ever   WAN Show Drinking Game  GPU Buyers Guide

If this is true, and the 290X performs around the same as the Titan, then wouldn't the 780ti be placed after the Titan in price and performance?

We don't have official benchmarks so take this with a grain of salt, but it seems according to leaked benchmarks like the 290X is between the 780 and Titan as far as performance goes. So they could probably make it perform like the 290X. It might just be a 780 with slightly higher default clocks and a little more VRAM for better performance at high resolutions. But yeah, hard to say without third party benchmarks on a wide variety of games.

I personally don't see Nvidia lowering the Titan's cost, I just simply can't see them doing it, at all. The 780 most definitely, but if the 780ti is suppose to compete against the 290X, and they price the 780ti lower than the Titan(but it has better performance), then they essentially just kicked everyones' nuts that bought a Titan and it makes the Titan a stupid purchase per-se because of the higher cost but lower performance.

You will always "kick people's nuts" when you release a better product than your last ones, so the whole "but if they release something better then people who bought the previous generation will be bad" is kind of null and void. The Titan was announced 8 months ago. If you're scared that something better than your 8 month of product will be released then computer hardware is nothing for you my friend, because that happens all the time.

I could tell it was going to be designed for TN as soon as I saw who nvidia was partnering with.  :(

I could tell it would be TN only as soon as I heard the two fateful words "gaming" and "monitor".

Intel i7 5820K (4.5 GHz) | MSI X99A MPower | 32 GB Kingston HyperX Fury 2666MHz | Asus RoG STRIX GTX 1080ti OC | Samsung 951 m.2 nVME 512GB | Crucial MX200 1000GB | Western Digital Caviar Black 2000GB | Noctua NH-D15 | Fractal Define R5 | Seasonic 860 Platinum | Logitech G910 | Sennheiser 599 | Blue Yeti | Logitech G502

Nikon D500 | Nikon 300mm f/4 PF  | Nikon 200-500 f/5.6 | Nikon 50mm f/1.8 | Tamron 70-210 f/4 VCII | Sigma 10-20 f/3.5 | Nikon 17-55 f/2.8 | Tamron 90mm F2.8 SP Di VC USD Macro | Neewer 750II

Did no one actually look at the article? It's priced at $399 USD, not $499 USD.

Apparently not. People aren't even reading through this thread lol. I mentioned it in my earlier post. Gotta love it.

Apparently not. People aren't even reading through this thread lol. I mentioned it in my earlier post. Gotta love it.

There is too much trolling and fanboying on this topic for people to pay attention to little facts like the actual price.

Intel 3570k @ 4.4 GHz |Asus Sabertooth Z77 |EVGA GTX 660 Ti FTW |Kingston HyperX Beast 16 Gb DDR3 1866 (2x8Gb)

|Samsung 840 250 GB |Western Digital Green 2TB 2x |Cooler Master 850w 80+ Gold |Custom Water Cooling Loop |Noctua NF-F12 4x
|Noctua NF-A14 3x |Corsair Carbide 500R (White) |Corsair K95 |Razer Mamba |Razer Megalodon |Samsung SyncMaster T220 2x Computer Bucket List   Greatest Thread Ever   WAN Show Drinking Game  GPU Buyers Guide

The article used to say 499$. I copied and paste the amount.

It was probably modified.

I have corrected it.

I also don't get why this thread got down voted.

The article used to say 499$. I copied and paste the amount.

It was probably modified.

I have corrected it.

I also don't get why this thread got down voted.

wooaah never realized you could vote on thread :P I've been here quite a while too...

http://uk.hardware.info/news/37490/asus-announces-vg248qe-monitor-with-g-sync

The same monitor without the G-Sync monitor is priced at $279 and with G-Sync the monitor costs $399. They are just the recommended prices so they could be cheaper. I think just looking at these prices on their own is great. Having a monitor that costs less than £100 more but that is really smooth at whatever frame rate is great. I am not sure about this monitor specifically as it's TN but when a G-Sync version of an IPS 2560X1440 monitor is released I will be one of the first to get one. And as Linus says there is no adoption problem as it's going to be a fundamental technology built into every display sooner or later. 

(\__/)

(='.'=)

(")_(")  GTX 1070 5820K 500GB Samsung EVO SSD 1TB WD Green 16GB of RAM Corsair 540 Air Black EVGA Supernova 750W Gold  Logitech G502 Fiio E10 Wharfedale Diamond 220 Yamaha A-S501 Lian Li Fan Controller NHD-15 KBTalking Keyboard

I just hope either NVIDIA licenses the technology to anyone who wants to use it OR a vendor neutral version is adopted instead.

meh, can't be arsed to care about g-sync enough to buy a new monitor just for that

Yea but when you do come to buy a new monitor next you will probably go for G-Sync won't you. That is saying that you will be able to buy a monitor without G-Sync as you might not be able to.

(\__/)

(='.'=)

(")_(")  GTX 1070 5820K 500GB Samsung EVO SSD 1TB WD Green 16GB of RAM Corsair 540 Air Black EVGA Supernova 750W Gold  Logitech G502 Fiio E10 Wharfedale Diamond 220 Yamaha A-S501 Lian Li Fan Controller NHD-15 KBTalking Keyboard

I just hope either NVIDIA licenses the technology to anyone who wants to use it OR a vendor neutral version is adopted instead.

I hope so to. I would like AMD to be able to utilize this function. By the way what was up with AMD's stock on October 18th, it plummeted like a rock. From $4.00 to $3.50

(\__/)

(='.'=)

Yep I heard they were only going to be $400 or so with G-Sync but did not link an article or anything.  Old news to me.

Too many ****ing games!  Back log 4 life! :S

meh, can't be arsed to care about g-sync enough to buy a new monitor just for that

Hate to be the bearer of bad news but that's not what is it for.

Like Linus said. That's the FANTASTIC thing about this tech. No adoption rate. It's just there. It's not made to make you switch monitors unless you have disposable income/a kepler GPU.

It's just there. So anyone new getting into it even with w 770 can get fantastic performance.

Remember (and please people do some fucking research people) I doubt most people know that it only goes to 30fps as it's lowest monitor sync. Than it is always at 30hz and the same as it use to be.

But even if you get a 760 you probably won't dip under 30fps, but it's still something to consider.

Sager NP9370EM - I7 3630QM - 680m 1045Mhz - 8gb 1600mhz ram - 240gb msata 750gb hdd

In the market for a new monitor so might go this route

I am going to be buying one at some point. It would have been nice if I could buy one now though. We have to wait 4 months.

(\__/)

(='.'=)

already posted

Real programmers don't document, if it was hard to write, it should be hard to understand.
I've learned that something constructive comes from every defeat.

Oh my goodness. Variable strobe backlighting to match variable refresh rate! It's a dream come true for FPS gamers like me.

The problem I see with G-SYNC is how AMD will deal with it. If them made their own module for monitors, you'd have to buy a monitor based on which GPU-maker you GPU is from, which is not very consumer-friendly. I hope they can find a way to support G-SYNC as it is with a driver update or at least in their upcoming GPUs.

AMD FX8320 @3.5ghz |  Gigabyte 990FXA-UD3  |  Corsair Vengeance 8gb 1600mhz  |  Hyper 412s  |  Gigabyte windforceR9 290  |  BeQuiet! 630w  |  Asus Xonar DGX  |  CoolerMast HAF 912+  |  Samsung 840 120gb

2 WD red 1tb RAID0  |  WD green 2tb(external, backup)  |  Asus VG278He  |  LG Flatron E2240  |  CMstorm Quickfire TK MXbrown  |  Sharkoon Fireglider  |  Audio Technica ATH700X

#KILLEDMYWIFE

In my oppinion this is going to be the same category as 120/144hz and 3D vision. So I'm not interested in it at all. And considering that my main OS will be Linux in the near future, I'ma stay as far away from Nvidia as humanly possible anyways ^^

Frost upon these cigarettes.... lipstick on the window pane...

The problem I see with G-SYNC is how AMD will deal with it. If them made their own module for monitors, you'd have to buy a monitor based on which GPU-maker you GPU is from, which is not very consumer-friendly. I hope they can find a way to support G-SYNC as it is with a driver update or at least in their upcoming GPUs.

Pretty sure there will be workarounds should this actually get big and not stay within 400$ TN panels ;P

Frost upon these cigarettes.... lipstick on the window pane...

Just a random thought to throw out there as a metaphor slash statement for this:

Will G-sync stand for graphics sync or GeForce sync...

I would love for amd to share mantle and nvidia to share g sync so we get ushered into a much more economic, more quality era.