ASUS VG248QE with NVIDIA G-SYNC 399$

GoodBytes

Well then they'll have to make the 780 and Titan cheaper. I have no idea why Nvidia is even releasing a 780ti, it completely messes up their product naming scheme as well as pricing. If the 780ti is suppose to compete with the R9-290X and it also beats it's predecessors(780/Titan), then the 780 and Titan will have to be cheaper than the 780ti, which if the rumors are true and the price for the 290X is $600-$700, then the 780 and Titan have to be priced UNDER that.

So, that's a $100+ price drop for the 780 and a $300-$400 price drop for the Titan. We are talking about Nvidia here, I am 99% sure they won't be dropping the price on the Titan unless they are absolutely desperate.

I would expect the reference 780 ti to perform between reference 780 and the reference Titan. From a business perspective dropping the price of the 780 (currently $650) down to closer to $500/550 (the 770 is about $400) and then slotting the 780 ti in the $650 price point makes a lot of sense. It makes the price to performance of the 780 better, it introduces a new powerful card near the expected price point of the R9 290x, and it still allows Nvidia to later on introduce a dual GK110 card (call it the gtx 790 or whatever). Anyway just my two cents.

Intel 3570k @ 4.4 GHz |Asus Sabertooth Z77 |EVGA GTX 660 Ti FTW |Kingston HyperX Beast 16 Gb DDR3 1866 (2x8Gb)

|Samsung 840 250 GB |Western Digital Green 2TB 2x |Cooler Master 850w 80+ Gold |Custom Water Cooling Loop |Noctua NF-F12 4x
|Noctua NF-A14 3x |Corsair Carbide 500R (White) |Corsair K95 |Razer Mamba |Razer Megalodon |Samsung SyncMaster T220 2x Computer Bucket List   Greatest Thread Ever   WAN Show Drinking Game  GPU Buyers Guide

ASUS plans to release a G-SYNC-enhanced VG248QE gaming monitor in the first half of 2014 with pricing set at $399 USD in North America.

Not sure if anyone in this thread actually read the article but it's $399 NOT $499. Please fix the subject line, OP.

The monitor alone (without G-Sync) as of right now runs for $266-$299 USD. I will assume that the upgrade module for the VG248QE will be in the $99-$129 range. Hopefully my BenQ Xl2420t will be upgradeable like the Asus. These two models are the most popular monitors for high FPS gaming.

@GoodBytes G-sync likely to work on a XL2411T?

export PS1='\[\033[1;30m\]┌╼ \[\033[1;32m\]\u@\h\[\033[1;30m\] ╾╼ \[\033[0;34m\]\w\[\033[0;36m\]\n\[\033[1;30m\]└╼ \[\033[1;37m\]'

"All your threads are belong to /dev/null"

| 80's Terminal Keyboard Conversion | $5 Graphics Card Silence Mod Tutorial | 485KH/s R9 270X | The Smallest Ethernet Cable | Ass Pennies | My Screenfetch |

Well then they'll have to make the 780 and Titan cheaper. I have no idea why Nvidia is even releasing a 780ti, it completely messes up their product naming scheme as well as pricing. If the 780ti is suppose to compete with the R9-290X and it also beats it's predecessors(780/Titan), then the 780 and Titan will have to be cheaper than the 780ti, which if the rumors are true and the price for the 290X is $600-$700, then the 780 and Titan have to be priced UNDER that.

So, that's a $100+ price drop for the 780 and a $300-$400 price drop for the Titan. We are talking about Nvidia here, I am 99% sure they won't be dropping the price on the Titan unless they are absolutely desperate.

i though the 780ti was placed in between the 780 and the titan :/

wonder if i can put that chip in mine if it's upgradable, would be nice if they did that

Stuff:  i7 7700k @ (dat nibba succ) | ASRock Z170M OC Formula | G.Skill TridentZ 3600 c16 | EKWB 1080 @ 2100 mhz  |  Acer X34 Predator | R4 | EVGA 1000 P2 | 1080mm Radiator Custom Loop | HD800 + Audio-GD NFB-11 | 850 Evo 1TB | 840 Pro 256GB | 3TB WD Blue | 2TB Barracuda

Hwbot: http://hwbot.org/user/lays/ 

FireStrike 980 ti @ 1800 Mhz http://hwbot.org/submission/3183338 http://www.3dmark.com/3dm/11574089

until this is usable in 2560x1440 PLS monitors I couldn't care less, especially for @$400. il stick with my qnix.

4770k @4.4 / 16GB @2400 / Plextor MP5X 128GB / MSI Mpower Z87 / MSI GTX 1070 Armor OC / AX860 / XSPC RX240 & EX240 / Koolance 380i / CM 690 II / Qnix 1440p @96Hz / Benq XL2420G

Current Status: Mourning the loss of my 780 ti 

until this is usable in 2560x1440 PLS monitors I couldn't care less, especially for @$400. il stick with my qnix.

If the tech works as advertised (all signs point to this) I would expect other manufacturers to begin implementing it after whatever exclusive Nvidia signed with the current manufacturers wears off (I would be shocked if Nvidia let them have more than 6-12 months exclusive on this tech). The more manufacturers begin adding it as an option the cheaper and more wide spread it will be.

Intel 3570k @ 4.4 GHz |Asus Sabertooth Z77 |EVGA GTX 660 Ti FTW |Kingston HyperX Beast 16 Gb DDR3 1866 (2x8Gb)

|Samsung 840 250 GB |Western Digital Green 2TB 2x |Cooler Master 850w 80+ Gold |Custom Water Cooling Loop |Noctua NF-F12 4x
|Noctua NF-A14 3x |Corsair Carbide 500R (White) |Corsair K95 |Razer Mamba |Razer Megalodon |Samsung SyncMaster T220 2x Computer Bucket List   Greatest Thread Ever   WAN Show Drinking Game  GPU Buyers Guide

@GoodBytes G-sync likely to work on a XL2411T?

The monitor needs to support it initially. As I don't think you can buy it as an add-on AND that your monitor has a special connector for it, I would say no.

Unless there will be a monitor refresh of the XL2411T with it, like the ASUS one.

ASUS, in a joint effort with NVIDIA, has been working over the past year to bring G-SYNC technology to market and will incorporate it into new monitors beginning in 2014. ASUS plans to release a G-SYNC-enhanced VG248QE gaming monitor in the first half of 2014 with pricing set at $399 USD in North America.

Um..isn't your title wrong?

EDIT: Someone else pointed this out, my bad I didn't notice before posting :D

Of course it's a high price, it's Nvidia.

I'd much rather put that money towards a R9-290X and a U2312HM.

I know this is the first monitor to support this, but it's $500, and it's 144Hz. Which GPU's can play all games at 144FPS minimum? Oh, right, none. So now we have to invest in SLI or even lower our graphics detail?

Again, I'd rather buy a R9-290X for the rumored $700 and a $200 U2312HM than a $1k Titanx2 and a $500 G-Sync 144Hz monitor. Hell, I'd rather get 3xU2312HM monitors(it'll still be cheaper!)

I don't think you understand the point of G-Sync. G-Sync is good when you don't reach the cap of your monitor. So the benefit of G-Sync will be more noticeable at ~40 fps than at 144 fps. It is good if your GPU can't makes as many frames as your monitor. I don't get why you imply that just because a single GU can't play all games at 144 FPS you have to get 2 cards either. Again, G-Sync will be good when you DON'T reach the FPS cap of your monitor and secondly, who plays ALL games? That's like saying you don't need a 120Hz monitor because your GPU won't be able to handle Star Citizen at that FPS. Well so what? I am not going to play Star Citizen so it doesn't affect me. Why build my setup around games I won't play?

Not sure why you're so against to the thought of Nvidia lowering prices either. Are you getting them confused with Intel? Nvidia has lowered the prices on their products several times in the past, the latest time being only a few weeks ago with the GTX 650 Ti Boost and the 660.

I agree that it's too expensive, but I highly disagree with your reasoning as to why it's not worth 500 dollars.

The monitor needs to support it initially. As I don't think you can buy it as an add-on AND that your monitor has a special connector for it, I would say no.

Unless there will be a monitor refresh of the XL2411T with it, like the ASUS one.

They're being released separately

export PS1='\[\033[1;30m\]┌╼ \[\033[1;32m\]\u@\h\[\033[1;30m\] ╾╼ \[\033[0;34m\]\w\[\033[0;36m\]\n\[\033[1;30m\]└╼ \[\033[1;37m\]'

| 80's Terminal Keyboard Conversion | $5 Graphics Card Silence Mod Tutorial | 485KH/s R9 270X | The Smallest Ethernet Cable | Ass Pennies | My Screenfetch |

They're being released separately

I don't think you understand the point of G-Sync. G-Sync is good when you don't reach the cap of your monitor. So the benefit of G-Sync will be more noticeable at ~40 fps than at 144 fps. It is good if your GPU can't makes as many frames as your monitor. I don't get why you imply that just because a single GU can't play all games at 144 FPS you have to get 2 cards either. Again, G-Sync will be good when you DON'T reach the FPS cap of your monitor and secondly, who plays ALL games? That's like saying you don't need a 120Hz monitor because your GPU won't be able to handle Star Citizen at that FPS. Well so what? I am not going to play Star Citizen so it doesn't affect me. Why build my setup around games I won't play?

Not sure why you're so against to the thought of Nvidia lowering prices either. Are you getting them confused with Intel? Nvidia has lowered the prices on their products several times in the past, the latest time being only a few weeks ago with the GTX 650 Ti Boost and the 660.

I agree that it's too expensive, but I highly disagree with your reasoning as to why it's not worth 500 dollars.

It does, would you rather go for a 760 + G-Sync that wouldn't allow for potential AMD upgrade paths in the future or a 780 flat out instead that can drive more frames in the first place? 30 FPS that have equal frame timings providing a smooth experience is great, but i doubt it would look smoother than a raw 60FPS given our current technology, it's not like we have some 100ms lag between each frame in the first place. $200 is way too steep, although once the price falls this is indeed a very good upgrade that everyone should pick up to complement a cheaper card.

I mean that you can buy a 3 monitor 1080P setup for around 500 dollars 

You only pay 90Dollar more for G-sync. The Standalone Monitor Costs 410Dollar

It does, would you rather go for a 760 + G-Sync that wouldn't allow for potential AMD upgrade paths in the future or a 780 flat out instead that can drive more frames in the first place? 30 FPS that have equal frame timings providing a smooth experience is great, but i doubt it would look smoother than a raw 60FPS given our current technology, it's not like we have some 100ms lag between each frame in the first place. $200 is way too steep, although once the price falls this is indeed a very good upgrade that everyone should pick up to complement a cheaper card.

I don't disagree with that, and like I've said before I think this is too much. I was just pointing out that EChondo's reasoning behind it doesn't really make any sense and he doesn't really seem to understand how G-Sync works or what benefits it has, since he seem to think that you need to get 144 FPS in order to benefit, when it's actually the exact opposite.

Again, I don't disagree with his conclusion, but I disagree with how he got to that conclusion.

I don't disagree with that, and like I've said before I think this is too much. I was just pointing out that EChondo's reasoning behind it doesn't really make any sense and he doesn't really seem to understand how G-Sync works or what benefits it has, since he seem to think that you need to get 144 FPS in order to benefit, when it's actually the exact opposite.

Again, I don't disagree with his conclusion, but I disagree with how he got to that conclusion.

Oh, my bad, misinterpreted.

144Hz with G-Sync sounds beast though, assuming that the frame timings are constant and we get an average of 120FPS that'd be pretty freaking smooth!

But.... Money-fly-away.jpg

You only pay 90Dollar more for G-sync. The Standalone Monitor Costs 410Dollar

90 Dollars is still way too much considering that it a third more expensive than a normal vg248 monitor the effect will be amplifier on cheaper monitors or in other countries. The sweet spot for price should be around the $20-$30 dollar range only 10% increase in price of a monitor. Then there's the huge problem of it currently being proprietary to nvidia graphic cards.

As slick says this has a 50% chance of being DOA. Good tech ruined by very bad implementation (proprietary and current cost).

I wish that Asus would develop a IPS 1440p monitor with G-sync, but I doubt that will happen any time soon. 

the technology only works with tn panels, so no ips unfortunately :(

90 Dollars is still way too much considering that it a third more expensive than a normal vg248 monitor the effect will be amplifier on cheaper monitors or in other countries. The sweet spot for price should be around the $20-$30 dollar range only 10% increase in price of a monitor. Then there's the huge problem of it currently being proprietary to nvidia graphic cards.

As slick says this has a 50% chance of being DOA. Good tech ruined by very bad implementation (proprietary and current cost).

I think it isn't that bad. It will get down later in the time but for the begining its not bad

(Article says $400, yet title says $500. Just saying). 

So...

>2013

>1080p monitor

>$400

I don't care if it has this special G-Sync thing, that's too much for a 1080p monitor at that size. I would much rather just get a 1440p monitor for around the same price, or even buy 2 or 3 more 1080p monitors. 

COMIC SANS

I think it isn't that bad. It will get down later in the time but for the begining its not bad

Agreed, prices should come down rapidly once it gets wider spread adoption by Samsung and LG. Let just hope that both G-sync and mantle dont stay proprietary for very long, cause all that will do is hurt the gaming industry more.

My bad on that one, I simply did not understand what G-Sync actually was(that's the last time I post with 24 hours straight awake!)

And, I'm not against Nvidia lowering prices, but I am confused on how they are going to be pricing the 780ti and it's performance. Like what Prolemur has said, the 780ti should be placed in between the 780 and Titan, but from what I've seen going around the 780ti, it is suppose to go up against the 290X. If this is true, and the 290X performs around the same as the Titan, then wouldn't the 780ti be placed after the Titan in price and performance?

I personally don't see Nvidia lowering the Titan's cost, I just simply can't see them doing it, at all. The 780 most definitely, but if the 780ti is suppose to compete against the 290X, and they price the 780ti lower than the Titan(but it has better performance), then they essentially just kicked everyones' nuts that bought a Titan and it makes the Titan a stupid purchase per-se because of the higher cost but lower performance.

What they should have done(and if my accusations are true), they should have named the new card "Titan Ti". At least then they wouldn't of botched their naming scheme.

TN panel for 500 .. no thanks. Are they crazy?

Welcome to the world of "gaming" monitors.

PC SYSTEM: Fractal Design Arc Midi R2 / i5 2500k @ 4.2ghz / CM Hyper 212 EVO / Gigabyte 670 OC SLI / MSI P67A-GD53 B3 / Kingston HyperX Blue 8Gb / 

WD 2tb Storage Drive / BenQ GW2750HM - ASUS VE248H - Panasonic TX-P42ST60BCorsair AX750 / Logitech K360 / Razer Naga / Plantronics Gamecom 380 /

Asus Xonar DGX / Samsung 830 256gb / MEDIA eMachine ER1401 running OpenELEC XBMC with Seagate STBV3000200 3TB Hard Drive - Panasonic TX-P42ST60B