ASUS VG248QE with NVIDIA G-SYNC 399$

GoodBytes

ASUS announces a new 24inch 1080p monitor with Nvidia G-SYNC.

ASUS_VG248QE_01.jpg
ASUS_VG248QE_02.jpg
NVIDIA_G-SYNC_board.jpg

The monitor is a refresh of the the exact same existing model: ASUS VG248QE, a 144Hz 1080p monitor.
It features an height adjustable stand, 2W speakers.
As input it has: DisplayPort, Dual-link DVI, and HDMI.
It is Nvidia 3D glasses ready, and support LightBoost technology.

The monitor will be released sometimes in the first half or 2014, and will cost 399$ (current price: 310$).
The monitor has no other improvements over the old one beside G-Sync

Nvidia G-Sync allows the GPU to dynamically adjust the refresh rate of the monitor with the game FPS to eliminate tearing and stuttering, and provide a smoother game play experience.

Source: http://www.techpowerup.com/192855/asus-announces-adoption-of-nvidia-g-sync-technology.html

I wish that Asus would develop a IPS 1440p monitor with G-sync, but I doubt that will happen any time soon. 

new tech costs money and the new chip looks upgradeable to me

Cpu: Intel i7 4770k @4.4 Ghz | Case: Corsair 350D | Motherbord: Z87 Gryphon | Ram: dominator platinum 4X4 1866 | Video Card: SLI GTX 980 Ti | Power Supply: Seasonic 1000 platinum | Monitor: ACER XB270HU | Keyboard: RK-9100 | Mouse: R.A.T. 7 | Headset : HD 8 DJ | Watercooled

If this is how expensive gsync monitors are going to be I can't imagine adoption being any good... You're already dealing with a subset of the market that would have any interest in this. They likely have to have a geforce card, probably Kepler based as well. Just seems like this otherwise great idea might flop. I would love to see a standardization of this so that every monitor has "gsync" but it's open source and works with every graphics chip. That would be awesome. But alas this is probably going to end up like Physx where there are a few people involved, a few people interested, and very little adoption.

CPU: 5820k 4.5Ghz 1.28v, RAM: 16GB Crucial 2400mhz, Motherboard: Evga X99 Micro, Graphics Card: GTX 780, Water Cooling: EK Acetal CPU/GPU blocks,

240mm Magicool slim rad, 280mm Alphacool rad, D5 Vario pump, 1/4 ID 3/4 OD tubing, Noctua Redux 140/120mm fans. PSU: Evga 750w G2 SSD: Samsung 850 Pro 256GB & Seagate SSHD 2TB Audio: Sennheiser HD558s, JBL! speakers, Fiio E10k DAC/Amp Monitor: Xstar DP2710LED @ 96hz (Korean Monitor) Case: Fractal Node 804

new tech costs money and the new chip looks upgradeable to me

What would you upgrade? It seems like a very simple thing that it does.

Corsair 600T White | Gigabyte Z77-UD3H | Intel Core i5-2500k | 8GB Gskill Ares@1600MHz | Gigabyte G1 GTX970 | OCZ ZT 550 | Western Digital Caviar Blue 500GB | Western Digital Caviar Black 1TB | Samsung 840 EVO 250GB (boot) | Full Custom Loop | NZXT HUE

What would you upgrade? It seems like a very simple thing that it does.

as it matures better chips will come out idk

Cpu: Intel i7 4770k @4.4 Ghz | Case: Corsair 350D | Motherbord: Z87 Gryphon | Ram: dominator platinum 4X4 1866 | Video Card: SLI GTX 980 Ti | Power Supply: Seasonic 1000 platinum | Monitor: ACER XB270HU | Keyboard: RK-9100 | Mouse: R.A.T. 7 | Headset : HD 8 DJ | Watercooled

Well the middle picture (with the back of the monitor) was the one they used on the keynote. ^_^

Just no red clip and branding, with the G-Sync chip overlay.

If this is how expensive gsync monitors are going to be I can't imagine adoption being any good... You're already dealing with a subset of the market that would have any interest in this. They likely have to have a geforce card, probably Kepler based as well. Just seems like this otherwise great idea might flop. I would love to see a standardization of this so that every monitor has "gsync" but it's open source and works with every graphics chip. That would be awesome. But alas this is probably going to end up like Physx where there are a few people involved, a few people interested, and very little adoption.

You can buy an Upgrade Kit for $175 and built it in yourself if you already have an supported Montior.

RTX2070OC 

Lol at the price.

I don't see that taking of at all....

PC SYSTEM: Fractal Design Arc Midi R2 / i5 2500k @ 4.2ghz / CM Hyper 212 EVO / Gigabyte 670 OC SLI / MSI P67A-GD53 B3 / Kingston HyperX Blue 8Gb / 

WD 2tb Storage Drive / BenQ GW2750HM - ASUS VE248H - Panasonic TX-P42ST60BCorsair AX750 / Logitech K360 / Razer Naga / Plantronics Gamecom 380 /

Asus Xonar DGX / Samsung 830 256gb / MEDIA eMachine ER1401 running OpenELEC XBMC with Seagate STBV3000200 3TB Hard Drive - Panasonic TX-P42ST60B

BenQ XL2420TE doesn't need a g-sync. :3

And why do you think that? Quick look, it doesn't have anything like gsync.

looks pretty cool and the fact that linus was so stoked about it has me intrigued. Still don't think I'm gonna buy one though until price drops lol.

| 5820k+EK supremacy nickel+acetal white 4.5Ghz | X99 Deluxe | Enthoo Luxe | 2x gtx780+komod NV full cover block | Corsair AX1200i | WD blue 500gb |

Kingston V300 120gb | Samsung 840 Evo 500gb| Bitspower D5 vario+Res combo | primochill advanced LRT tubing (Solid White) |

| Alphacool Nexxos MONSTA dual 120mm Black Ice nemesis GTX360 triple 120mm | Noctua NF-F12 X4 | Bitspower true silver 1/2ID 3/4 OD compressions (various angles) |

Lol at the price.

I don't see that taking of at all....

You can buy the G-Sync Upgrade kit for 175$.

RTX2070OC 

You can buy an Upgrade Kit for $175 and built it in yourself if you already have an supported Montior.

How many monitors are supported?

CPU: 5820k 4.5Ghz 1.28v, RAM: 16GB Crucial 2400mhz, Motherboard: Evga X99 Micro, Graphics Card: GTX 780, Water Cooling: EK Acetal CPU/GPU blocks,

240mm Magicool slim rad, 280mm Alphacool rad, D5 Vario pump, 1/4 ID 3/4 OD tubing, Noctua Redux 140/120mm fans. PSU: Evga 750w G2 SSD: Samsung 850 Pro 256GB & Seagate SSHD 2TB Audio: Sennheiser HD558s, JBL! speakers, Fiio E10k DAC/Amp Monitor: Xstar DP2710LED @ 96hz (Korean Monitor) Case: Fractal Node 804

another Linus kiss ass...you realize he works for a RETAILER, and everything he says just might be so they can benefit from sales, right?

Linus doesn't work for NCIX. He's a tech journalist and social media expert now.

You can buy the G-Sync Upgrade kit for 175$.

That is still too damn expensive and also involves buying a new monitor that is only a TN panel....

Again, this will not take of at this price point and having to buy a specific monitor for it to work....(For now at least) and being locked to a specific range of cards...

Going to stick with adaptive v sync, it does its job well.

PC SYSTEM: Fractal Design Arc Midi R2 / i5 2500k @ 4.2ghz / CM Hyper 212 EVO / Gigabyte 670 OC SLI / MSI P67A-GD53 B3 / Kingston HyperX Blue 8Gb / 

WD 2tb Storage Drive / BenQ GW2750HM - ASUS VE248H - Panasonic TX-P42ST60BCorsair AX750 / Logitech K360 / Razer Naga / Plantronics Gamecom 380 /

Asus Xonar DGX / Samsung 830 256gb / MEDIA eMachine ER1401 running OpenELEC XBMC with Seagate STBV3000200 3TB Hard Drive - Panasonic TX-P42ST60B

How many monitors are supported?

Only a few right now, but that should change till release next Year.

RTX2070OC 

You can get 3 monitor eyefinity or an ultimate 1600P display for that money...

G-SYNC only works with Nvidia GPU's. So no Eyefinity

as it matures better chips will come out idk

No

Corsair 600T White | Gigabyte Z77-UD3H | Intel Core i5-2500k | 8GB Gskill Ares@1600MHz | Gigabyte G1 GTX970 | OCZ ZT 550 | Western Digital Caviar Blue 500GB | Western Digital Caviar Black 1TB | Samsung 840 EVO 250GB (boot) | Full Custom Loop | NZXT HUE

I mean that you can buy a 3 monitor 1080P setup for around 500 dollars

Ah ok.

So you're paying approximately $200 for Nvidia G-Sync, that's more than a GTX 660, that's a ridiculous amount of money, I'll just enable dynamic(AMD)/adaptive(Nvidia) v-sync thank you.

I think the price is just a nice markup. Remember the early 120Hz monitors, they were just as expensive, then they drop down in price soon after.

another Linus kiss ass...you realize he works for a RETAILER, and everything he says just might be so they can benefit from sales, right?

woah there that was a little harsh, all I said was it intrigued me and Linus doesn't even work for a retailer anymore so what're you talk and I said I don't even think I'll buy one.

| 5820k+EK supremacy nickel+acetal white 4.5Ghz | X99 Deluxe | Enthoo Luxe | 2x gtx780+komod NV full cover block | Corsair AX1200i | WD blue 500gb |

Kingston V300 120gb | Samsung 840 Evo 500gb| Bitspower D5 vario+Res combo | primochill advanced LRT tubing (Solid White) |

| Alphacool Nexxos MONSTA dual 120mm Black Ice nemesis GTX360 triple 120mm | Noctua NF-F12 X4 | Bitspower true silver 1/2ID 3/4 OD compressions (various angles) |