ASUS VG248QE with NVIDIA G-SYNC 399$

GoodBytes

You can get 3 monitor eyefinity or an ultimate 1600P display for that money...

You won't get a good 2560x1600 monitor (can we please stop calling it 1440p and 1600p?) for under 500 dollars. You're gonna have to pay about twice that for a 2560x1600 monitor like the Dell U3011 or U3014.

Anyway it seems too expensive for my taste. Hopefully it is just that expensive because Asus are the first one with it, and want you to pay a premium to be first. I wouldn't really consider G-Sync unless it costs ~100 dollars or less compared to the same monitor without it. Personally I wouldn't get this Asus monitor for more than ~300 dollars.

rather spend my money on 4k monitor not worth $499 (which will probs be $599 in Aus) for a 1080p monitor.

I'm looking it up, NCIXcom is still having Linus promo his stuff. And if you call that harsh, wait till you see what growing up in Oakland was like....

Send me a link to linus promoting their stuff. He still does videos on their channel but he isn't payed and doesn't work for them. And uh don't really know what to say about growing up in oakland but what I meant was it was "uncalled for".

| 5820k+EK supremacy nickel+acetal white 4.5Ghz | X99 Deluxe | Enthoo Luxe | 2x gtx780+komod NV full cover block | Corsair AX1200i | WD blue 500gb |

Kingston V300 120gb | Samsung 840 Evo 500gb| Bitspower D5 vario+Res combo | primochill advanced LRT tubing (Solid White) |

| Alphacool Nexxos MONSTA dual 120mm Black Ice nemesis GTX360 triple 120mm | Noctua NF-F12 X4 | Bitspower true silver 1/2ID 3/4 OD compressions (various angles) |

I expected those to be pricey, but not this pricey especially not for a 1080p monitor.
Also the fact that they're only available on TN panels is a turn off for me.

Hopefully down the line with more revisions prices would come down, resolutions go up & we get IPS & PLS panel support.

I expected those to be pricey, but not this pricey especially not for a 1080p monitor.

Also the fact that they're only available on TN panels is a turn off for me.

Hopefully down the line with more revisions prices would come down, resolutions go up & we get IPS & PLS panel support.

The advance of G-Sync isn't really big on 60Hz monitor. It's more a problem on 120Hz monitors, especially that few can actually play games at a solid 120fps/144fps to have no issues. Don't get me wrong it would be cool to have on some high-end consumer grade IPS panel. But I doubt this will show up any time soon. We might see true 120Hz IPS panel before that (5 years from now?)

Same old same old, overpriced into oblivion, like most products with Nvidia involvement.

Is the G-Sync in a format that could be a standardized form factor so Nvidia and AMD can both use the same slot and mounting configuration to allow for each company to respectively have their own solution?

Available from 3pm to Midnight Eastern Time (GMT-5). (>'-')> <('-'<) ^(' - ')^ <('-'<) (>'-')> You can't stop the kirby dance. 

4770k | Gigabyte GTX 970 Mini | Lian Li PC-TU100B | MSI Z87I 2x8GB G.Skill Sniper | Noctua NH-L9i Silverstone Strider 450W SFX | Windows 10 | 2x 250GB 840 Evo Rad 0 1x 1TB WD 2.5" | 25% gaming, 25% CAD and rendering, and 50% web browsing.

vg248qe was still the best purchase I have made for my computer. cs and battlefield have never been so smooth

Is the G-Sync in a format that could be a standardized form factor so Nvidia and AMD can both use the same slot and mounting configuration to allow for each company to respectively have their own solution?

Honestly I would much prefer it to become a standard device (maybe have AMD license it from Nvidia) that way you wouldn't have to buy a new monitor/monitor card every time you switch GPU manufacturers (its already expensive enough to buy a new monitor and card).

Intel 3570k @ 4.4 GHz |Asus Sabertooth Z77 |EVGA GTX 660 Ti FTW |Kingston HyperX Beast 16 Gb DDR3 1866 (2x8Gb)

|Samsung 840 250 GB |Western Digital Green 2TB 2x |Cooler Master 850w 80+ Gold |Custom Water Cooling Loop |Noctua NF-F12 4x
|Noctua NF-A14 3x |Corsair Carbide 500R (White) |Corsair K95 |Razer Mamba |Razer Megalodon |Samsung SyncMaster T220 2x Computer Bucket List   Greatest Thread Ever   WAN Show Drinking Game  GPU Buyers Guide

Honestly I would much prefer it to become a standard device (maybe have AMD license it from Nvidia) that way you wouldn't have to buy a new monitor/monitor card every time you switch GPU manufacturers (its already expensive enough to buy a new monitor and card).

^This guy gets it.

Available from 3pm to Midnight Eastern Time (GMT-5). (>'-')> <('-'<) ^(' - ')^ <('-'<) (>'-')> You can't stop the kirby dance. 

4770k | Gigabyte GTX 970 Mini | Lian Li PC-TU100B | MSI Z87I 2x8GB G.Skill Sniper | Noctua NH-L9i Silverstone Strider 450W SFX | Windows 10 | 2x 250GB 840 Evo Rad 0 1x 1TB WD 2.5" | 25% gaming, 25% CAD and rendering, and 50% web browsing.

I wish that Asus would develop a IPS 1440p monitor with G-sync, but I doubt that will happen any time soon. 

G-Sync only works with TN at the moment. Which is a shame because I would pay for a 1440/1600p ips panel with G-Sync even if it was £1000. It would be worth it, more than anything else.

(\__/)

(='.'=)

(")_(")  GTX 1070 5820K 500GB Samsung EVO SSD 1TB WD Green 16GB of RAM Corsair 540 Air Black EVGA Supernova 750W Gold  Logitech G502 Fiio E10 Wharfedale Diamond 220 Yamaha A-S501 Lian Li Fan Controller NHD-15 KBTalking Keyboard

G-Sync only works with TN at the moment. Which is a shame because I would pay for a 1440/1600p ips panel with G-Sync even if it was £1000. It would be worth it, more than anything else.

I could tell it was going to be designed for TN as soon as I saw who nvidia was partnering with.  :(

Same old same old, overpriced into oblivion, like most products with Nvidia involvement.

This is a brand new product, of course it is expensive, currently they have no economies of scale and they have to recoup the R&D cost (huge, like I need to go sit down and breath slowly huge). If its too expensive for you now, wait a few years until its implemented in a larger range of monitors, the price will come down. Its the same reason flat panel TVs were expensive at first, now they are so cheap they have become ubiquitous. If you don't want tech companies to have expensive products be prepared for zero innovation, zero new products.

Intel 3570k @ 4.4 GHz |Asus Sabertooth Z77 |EVGA GTX 660 Ti FTW |Kingston HyperX Beast 16 Gb DDR3 1866 (2x8Gb)

|Samsung 840 250 GB |Western Digital Green 2TB 2x |Cooler Master 850w 80+ Gold |Custom Water Cooling Loop |Noctua NF-F12 4x
|Noctua NF-A14 3x |Corsair Carbide 500R (White) |Corsair K95 |Razer Mamba |Razer Megalodon |Samsung SyncMaster T220 2x Computer Bucket List   Greatest Thread Ever   WAN Show Drinking Game  GPU Buyers Guide

Gross. I can never go back to a TN panel ever again. Thanks to Linus my laptop drives me nuts when I look at it the wrong angle. 

Desert Storm PC | Corsair 600T | ASUS Sabertooth 990FX AM3+ | AMD FX-8350 | MSI 7950 TFIII | 16GB Corsair Vengeance 1600 | Seasonic X650W I Samsung 840 series 500GB SSD

Mobile Devices I ASUS Zenbook UX31E I Nexus 7 (2013) I Nexus 5 32GB (red)

Yuck. After getting a nice PLS panel monitor I do not ever want to go back to TN. This tech could be great in better monitors, sadly all "gaming" monitors are TN.

if the price is 499$ USD what will it be AUD.. the standard monitor already costs 499$ here without g-sync

CPU: i7 4770k | GPU: Sapphire 290 Tri-X OC | RAM: Corsair Vengeance LP 2x8GB | MTB: GA-Z87X-UD5HCOOLER: Noctua NH-D14 | PSU: Corsair 760i | CASE: Corsair 550D | DISPLAY:  BenQ XL2420TE

Firestrike scores - Graphics: 10781 Physics: 9448 Combined: 4289

"Nvidia, Fuck you" - Linus Torvald

its costs a HUGE ammount of money here. thats your answer something that you wont hardly see. what would be better value a GtX 760 + Grync Monitor or a GTX780(Ti)/R9 290X instead i know which one i would pick.

Processor: Intel core i7 930 @3.6  Mobo: Asus P6TSE  GPU: EVGA GTX 680 SC  RAM:12 GB G-skill Ripjaws 2133@1333  SSD: Intel 335 240gb  HDD: Seagate 500gb

Monitors: 2x Samsung 245B  Keyboard: Blackwidow Ultimate   Mouse: Zowie EC1 Evo   Mousepad: Goliathus Alpha  Headphones: MMX300  Case: Antec DF-85

Yuck. After getting a nice PLS panel monitor I do not ever want to go back to TN. This tech could be great in better monitors, sadly all "gaming" monitors are TN.

Higher refresh rate doesn't mean it's gaming. I prefer higher resolution and IPS (better colours) for gaming. But I don't generally play competitive shooters. Mainly RPG's and the such which would benefit from G-Sync more than competitive FPS gamers would. I will do anything to increase my immersion in a game and that would include using G-Sync Oculus Rift or anything. This tech will probably come out for IPS panels eventually. And maybe we will be able to see a DIY kit that you can use it on a monitor that doesn't come with it.

(\__/)

(='.'=)

(")_(")  GTX 1070 5820K 500GB Samsung EVO SSD 1TB WD Green 16GB of RAM Corsair 540 Air Black EVGA Supernova 750W Gold  Logitech G502 Fiio E10 Wharfedale Diamond 220 Yamaha A-S501 Lian Li Fan Controller NHD-15 KBTalking Keyboard

I could tell it was going to be designed for TN as soon as I saw who nvidia was partnering with.  :(

The reason why G-Sync is proprietary is because there is no other way of doing it unless AMD wants it and enters and agreement with Nvidia which is unlikely. The two GPU architectures are different which is why it is like this. Nvidia didn't make it impossible to use on AMD hardware it just works out that way as the GPU needs to be able to communicate with the module. Still I do think it will come out for IPS soon.

(\__/)

(='.'=)

$200 for G-Sync?

No plz, i think i'll stick with RadeonPro + AMD Raw-Performance/Dollar until the price settles to ~$50 if ever.

Whoa... You could buy a good IPS/PLS monitor at that price point. I really think paying off $200 on something that you could barely see isn't worth it. Assuming that your eyes aren't that sensitive to it.

\[T]/ Praise the Sun!
Super Budget Gaming Build: Intel Pentium G1610, Gigabye GA-H61M-DS2 rev. 3, Kingston Value RAM 4GB CL9 1333MHz, Fractal Design Core 1000, Corsair VS 450, WD 1TB, Powercolor Radeon HD 7750 1GB/GDDR5, (Optional: Asus DRW-24B1ST).
 (Total: $340 USD)

Of course it's a high price, it's Nvidia.

I'd much rather put that money towards a R9-290X and a U2312HM.

I know this is the first monitor to support this, but it's $500, and it's 144Hz. Which GPU's can play all games at 144FPS minimum? Oh, right, none. So now we have to invest in SLI or even lower our graphics detail?

Again, I'd rather buy a R9-290X for the rumored $700 and a $200 U2312HM than a $1k Titanx2 and a $500 G-Sync 144Hz monitor. Hell, I'd rather get 3xU2312HM monitors(it'll still be cheaper!)

Of course it's a high price, it's Nvidia.

I'd much rather put that money towards a R9-290X and a U2312HM.

I know this is the first monitor to support this, but it's $500, and it's 144Hz. Which GPU's can play all games at 144FPS minimum? Oh, right, none. So now we have to invest in SLI or even lower our graphics detail?

Again, I'd rather buy a R9-290X for the rumored $700 and a $200 U2312HM than a $1k Titanx2 and a $500 G-Sync 144Hz monitor. Hell, I'd rather get 3xU2312HM monitors(it'll still be cheaper!)

Don't forget you have to factor the 780 ti into the picture. If I had to guess I would expect it to come in close to the price of the 290x, either that or smoke it in terms of performance.

Don't forget you have to factor the 780 ti into the picture. If I had to guess I would expect it to come in close to the price of the 290x, either that or smoke it in terms of performance.

Well then they'll have to make the 780 and Titan cheaper. I have no idea why Nvidia is even releasing a 780ti, it completely messes up their product naming scheme as well as pricing. If the 780ti is suppose to compete with the R9-290X and it also beats it's predecessors(780/Titan), then the 780 and Titan will have to be cheaper than the 780ti, which if the rumors are true and the price for the 290X is $600-$700, then the 780 and Titan have to be priced UNDER that.

So, that's a $100+ price drop for the 780 and a $300-$400 price drop for the Titan. We are talking about Nvidia here, I am 99% sure they won't be dropping the price on the Titan unless they are absolutely desperate.

I am not sure whether I should wait for Nvidia to bring out an IPS G-Sync which may never come out or go for a 2560X1440 panel know. At the moment I am probably running the worst TV/monitor you can get. I really need something with acceptable colours because at the moment everything looks really sh*t.

(\__/)

(='.'=)