ASUS VG248QE with NVIDIA G-SYNC 399$

GoodBytes

Just a random thought to throw out there as a metaphor slash statement for this:

Will G-sync stand for graphics sync or GeForce sync...

I would love for amd to share mantle and nvidia to share g sync so we get ushered into a much more economic, more quality era.

G-Sync will probably be shared or at least the technology will. It isn't really something Nvidia could hold onto as the tech will affect all displays. In about 3 years or so Nvidia will be making a ridiculous amount of money off of this new tech. Every device with a display of some sort will be using it.

(\__/)

(='.'=)

(")_(")  GTX 1070 5820K 500GB Samsung EVO SSD 1TB WD Green 16GB of RAM Corsair 540 Air Black EVGA Supernova 750W Gold  Logitech G502 Fiio E10 Wharfedale Diamond 220 Yamaha A-S501 Lian Li Fan Controller NHD-15 KBTalking Keyboard

SIGH... guys, this g-sync thing is really wtf, i mean have you ever seen someone having an IPS panel and say: Yeah i am going b to TN... G-sync is a nice technology, but if it is not IPS than it is a waste, we should be going away from TN anyway, IPS panels are really cheap these days...

Not to mention this only works with Nvidia cards, and that kinda goes on my nerves, i have a gtx 670 now, but i should be upgrading my card in 2 years, what if i want an AMD card, since i don't really care what side i am on... again a closed standard, personally i use adaptive v-sync, and i love it, i think that of all things NV made in the last few years, adaptive mode is the most impressive thing ever.

From what i understand this thing helps only when you have variable FPS, because if you have constant FPS you will not notice this at all, and since i have a 1080p monitor and will not upgrade for at least 3 years, this has no benefit, and i know a lot of people are like me on this one, i understand this will benefit more devices later, not just monitors, but i still say this is too expensive for being locked to one gpu brand and adds 100$ more to the cost of your monitor, personally i would not say anything if it was just 50$...

System

CPU: i7 4770kMotherboard: Asus Maximus VI HeroRAM: HyperX KHX318C9SRK4/32 - 32GB DDR3-1866 CL9 / GPU: Gainward Geforce GTX 670 Phantom Case: Cooler Master HAF XBStorage: 1 TB WD BluePSU: Cooler Master V-650sDisplay(s): Dell U2312HM, LG194WT, LG E1941

Cooling: Noctua NH-D15Keyboard: Logitech G710+Mouse: Logitech G502 Proteus SpectrumSound: Focusrite 2i4 - USB DAC / OS: Windows 7 (still holding on XD)

Already posted:
https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/67209-asus-vg248qe-with-nvidia-g-sync-399/

In my oppinion this is going to be the same category as 120/144hz and 3D vision. So I'm not interested in it at all. And considering that my main OS will be Linux in the near future, I'ma stay as far away from Nvidia as humanly possible anyways ^^

Strange, because on GNU/Linux OSes Nvidia's drivers are sooo much better than what AMD is offering.

Already posted:

https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/67209-asus-vg248qe-with-nvidia-g-sync-399/

Strange, because on GNU/Linux OSes Nvidia's drivers are sooo much better than what AMD is offering.

Nothing but trouble with multiple Nvidia cards. My AMD / ATI cards or the ones I worked with worked flawlessly. So I'm happier with AMD.

Frost upon these cigarettes.... lipstick on the window pane...

Nothing but trouble with multiple Nvidia cards. My AMD / ATI cards or the ones I worked with worked flawlessly. So I'm happier with AMD.

Well for the most part it is the exact opposite (according to statistics). The performance is much much worse as you can see in benchmarks from Phoronix (please note that this was before the 50% boost AMD got from the recent beta kernel).

Performance is appalling. The 550 Ti performs way better than the 6950 in these benchmarks simply because the AMD drivers are garbage in GNU/Linux. I am just comparing the closed source drivers by the way.

It's worth noting that Nouveau are 100% free and open source, while AMD's "open source" drivers contains lots of binary blobs which kind of defeats the purpose of even having them open source.

Would consider it if they release a IPS 2560x1440 or higher resolution panel.

Intel 4770K - Corsair H110 - Asus Z87 Sabertooth - Corsair 1866 2x8 GB - nVidia GTX 780 SLI Direct CU II OC

Intel 520 240GB SSD - WD 1TB Black - 2x WD Velociraptor 300GB - Corsair HX 1050 - Corsair 540 Air - 5x Noctua 140's

Dell U3011 - Razer Deathadder 2013 - Coolermaster Master Storm XT - Asus Xonar STX - Schiit Gungnir Dac - Krell KAV-400xi - Celestion Ditton 442's

Would consider it if they release a IPS 2560x1440 or higher resolution panel.

They said that they will support diffrent Res monitors up to 4k.

RTX2070OC 

They said that they will support diffrent Res monitors up to 4k.

They said there's no reason it can't be used with resolutions up to 4k, but they never said what kind of display technology we would need to get it to work.  The only display it is coming out on right now is Asus's 144hz TN so maybe it will only work with displays with a 120hz or higher refresh rate. The biggest problem I see with this is that it will keep driving the prices of higher resolution displays higher. If it does sells well in 1080p screens and drives down demand for high resolutions it will drive up prices and if it ever is integrated into high res monitors then it will drive up prices.

The other big issue like everyone has mentioned is the install base.  Kepler is probably in about 10% of gpus and of those people not many are going to buy these displays. $400 for a 1080p TN panel is way too much for most people. The only people who will be interested in this are the people using lightboost which is a very very small group of people.  Unless Nvidia wants to dump a bunch of money into this I don't see any display manufacturers jumping on board.

i7 4770k, 16GB Corsair Vengeance

Gigabyte z87, Phanteks Enthoo Primo

New monitor reviewers will start taking monitors apart to see if they have replaceable or expansion slot already built in!

My Rigs (past and present)

Pretty sure there will be workarounds should this actually get big and not stay within 400$ TN panels ;P

You think something simmilar to the lightboost hacks which even work on radeon cards now? That'd be awsome

AMD FX8320 @3.5ghz |  Gigabyte 990FXA-UD3  |  Corsair Vengeance 8gb 1600mhz  |  Hyper 412s  |  Gigabyte windforceR9 290  |  BeQuiet! 630w  |  Asus Xonar DGX  |  CoolerMast HAF 912+  |  Samsung 840 120gb

2 WD red 1tb RAID0  |  WD green 2tb(external, backup)  |  Asus VG278He  |  LG Flatron E2240  |  CMstorm Quickfire TK MXbrown  |  Sharkoon Fireglider  |  Audio Technica ATH700X

#KILLEDMYWIFE

New monitor reviewers will start taking monitors apart to see if they have replaceable or expansion slot already built in!

From watching the livestream that PCPer did, as long as the monitor uses a certain type of tech, you can use the DIY kit. Now, I can't recall the what its called, so forgive me, but that is a great sign right there.

From watching the livestream that PCPer did, as long as the monitor uses a certain type of tech, you can use the DIY kit. Now, I can't recall the what its called, so forgive me, but that is a great sign right there.

I'd be interested.  Since I have a samsung 3d monitor (120Hz panel).  I would mod it in a heatbeat.

My Rigs (past and present)

I mean that you can buy a 3 monitor 1080P setup for around 500 dollars 

Huh? Maybe but not with this monitor... the non G-Sync version is 289$ on NCIX.ca right now.

I will adopt G-Sync for my next GPU/monitor combo if it is still going in a year or so. Imo it is very interesting. 100$ aint that much more for the good it can produce.