What was your first computer?

xserd

AMD E-450, Radeon 6320, 4GB RAM, 1600x900 display, 19", 500GB 7200RPM

CPU: AMD FX-8120 | CPU Cooler: Thermaltake Contac 30 | Motherboard: GIGABYTE GA-990FXA-UD3 | Memory: Kingston 16GB (4 x 4GB) DDR3-1333 | Storage: WD 1TB | GPU: Gigabyte Radeon HD 7870 | Case: Thermaltake Chaser MK-I | PSU: Thermaltake Black Widow 850W

Honestly don't remember much about my 1st PC. All I know, is that it was a Compaq from around 1997 that ran windows 95.

My current build is my first ever computer build at 2011 with i5 2320 4 gb ram onboard graphics asus p8h61 m lx plus and 1 tb hdd (cause i'm 14 now lol)

Current Build + Setup

AMD Ryzen 7 5700X | GIGABYTE B550 Aorus Pro v2 | CORSAIR Dominator Platinum 16gb 3600Mhz | GIGABYTE RTX 3070 AORUS MASTER OC 8 GB | NZXT H510 Elite | 2TB Seagate Barracuda 7200RPM | ADATA XPG GAMMIX S7 512GB M.2-2280 NVME | Corsair RM850 80+ Gold Modular PSU | NZXT Kraken X63 | Harman Kardon Soundstick 4 | Koorui 27E1Q

the 1st one i build is when i was 12, my brother showed me once and i do it until now

1st build 

AMD Athlon II X2 245 (i think)

Leadtek GT 240 1GB

Asus mobo that i cant remember

kingston 2GB DDR3 RAM 1333MHz 9-9-9-24 (i think)

and some other parts i cant remember

the harddrive yes, WD 320 GB blue (still using now)

If u r wondering why i use my 320GB HDD because i bought the original Win7 Ultimate and i m too lazy to reinstall in the current build, the only thing left from the 1st one is that HDD

Now is 

AMD Phenom II X4 960T Black Ed

EVGA GTX 560 Ti 

Avexir Blue Led 1600MHz 8GB dual channel RAMs

Corsair VS 550

Asrock 970 Extreme 3 R2.0 

Xigmatek Dark Knight Night Hawk 2 12cm fans

Upcoming

AMD FX-8370/FX-8370E

GTX 970

Is an upgrade, the others i will think about it lel

No idea what am i doing

mines was:

pentium 3 (dont remember the clock speed)

256 mbbytes of ram

120gig hdd 

64mbytes gpu dont know anythign else about teh gpu 

thatsall i remember i wasnt really tech savy back than 

Dell optiplex gx-260. It ended up giving me beep codes after failing start-up. Took me about 8 weeks to find out a piece of RAM was not properly seated. :l

My dad bought our first computer back in 2003-2004 with an intel celeron and xp. lasted 5 years.

It depends on what you mean by first pc. The first one my family had and used a lot was a crappy old gateway. My first laptop was my personal one and that was a crappy refurbished compaq with a whopping 2GB of RAM and a 2 ghz processor. My first personal full desktop is the one I just built and it's a fantastic gaming rig.

What was your very first computer ?

Mine was a Compaq Presario 6410NX Desktop PC

4109Y2P9R5L.jpg

I think this one was my first too! The gpu didn't have a heatsink as i remember! I still got all the parts!

custom built:

pentium 4 

iGPU

and some random amount of ram I can't remember

10/10

HP Pavilion p007tx (i5 4210u, gt840m, 8GB DDR3 memory and a 1 TB HDD that makes cool sounds when booting up) 

Since my laptop can't run modern games too well I use a PS4

I had one of these:

mac2si.jpg

It's an Apple IIsi. I know most of you don't particularly like Apple, but this one did come with a mechanical keyboard at the time. After 12 years of valliant service in a dusty environment the PSU crapped out and took everything with it, unfortunately. I think I might still have the mouse though.

I cannot be held responsible for any bad advice given.

I've no idea why the world is afraid of 3D-printed guns when clearly 3D-printed crossbows would be more practical for now.

My rig: The StealthRay. Plans for a newer, better version of its mufflers are already being made.

Seeing as I am a younger user; before I had any actual knowledge of computers I had bought a £500 Compaq laptop with Vista on it. It was alright, had quite a few problems with it including poor cooling and a tiny 250GB HDD which was also pretty slow. Eventually, the charger broke and it had turned out that the battery was faulty.

However, my first desktop was a custom build Ubuntu-based machine. This was in my learning stages; it had 256mb of DDR-DIMM, an Athlon and a 500GB HDD (One dodgy combo). Eventually I left it for dead because even though it was relatively fast for what it was, it couldn't do much or run much. A few years later, I re-open it and holy ass there was a lot of dust. My friend offered to take that heap of crap off my hands and so I gave it to him. After he plugged the power cord into the PSU, his thumb basically blew up so he had to go to A&E. He was chill about it.

So my current PC is my third PC.

The Dude's PC Build<p>i5 4690k @ 3.5ghz w/ The Crappy Intel Stock Cooler | Asus Z97-K | 8GB Corsair Vengance LP DDR3 RAM @ 1600mhz |1TB Seagate Barracuda + 120GB Samsung Evo SSD | Gigabyte Windforce R9 290 4GB | 650 Watt CoolerMaster Gaming Series PSU | Bitfenix Shinobi Windowed | BenQ GL2460 | Corsair Vengeance K70 Cherry MX Brown | Razer Naga Hex Wraith Red gaming mouse | A £0.63 mouse pad from artcow.com

Bondi Blue iMac G3 running OS 8....let the hate come

Those old iMacs were amazing, why would someone hate on that. I personally always wanted one :)

Mah Build:  CPU: Intel i7-7700K COOLING: NZXT Kraken X52 GPU: Asus Strix GTX 1080 MOBO: Asus Strix Z270F RAM: 16GB GSKILL TridentZ RGB 3000 

CASE: In Win 303 STORAGE: Samsung 850 EVO 250GB, Seagate 1TB  SSHD PSU: EVGA Supernova G2 750W

My very first PC was the compaq presario 4504 desktop pc. It was actually quite good at playing games. Played quake 2, mortal kombat and nfs II se on it. great machine for its time.

Specs wise all i remembered was Intel Pentium MMX 233MHz. 64 X CD Drive, HDD was 2GB. 16MB of ram and a 56K modem. Ah those days B) Posted Image

I was like 6 years old at the time lol

This is my first computer.

72GH41T.jpg

Pentium MMX 200mhz, 64MB of ram, 3GB HDD, S3 ViRGE, Windows 98SE.

dual floppy drives like it wasnt going to go outta style lol. love it!

My first PC was a home built 386SX25 running Dos with 5Mb of RAM but my first home computer was a Timex Sinclair with the 16Kb memory expansion circa ... I want to say ... 1981?. I still have it in the original box. I was a die hard Tandy Color Computer Guy after the Timex until they disappeared. Home built a CoCo II from an old CoCo I with a special order main board upgrade from Radio Shack. Kept the Chicklet keyboard though. Then pre-ordered a CoCo III in '86. It ran a 640x480 resolution, ran Microsoft Basic with add-on's from Macroware? for the extended graphics features. It was every bit as powerful as the IBM PC of the day. Loved that computer, spent hours coding in front of a 12" Composite monitor.

*** Edited for typo's

dual floppy drives like it wasnt going to go outta style lol. love it!

The second one isn't hooked up ATM, I'm basically using it as a blank cover. I will hook it up eventually though. I don't ever remember a time when this computer had a blank right there, you could see the 2nd hard drive right there.

Old shit no one cares about but me.

My first PC was a home built 386SX25 running Dos with 5Mb of RAM but my first home computer was a Timex Sinclair with the 16Kb memory expansion circa ... I want to say ... 1981?. I still have it in the original box. I was a die hard Tandy Color Computer Guy after the Timex until they disappeared. Home built a CoCo II from an old CoCo I with a special order main board upgrade from Radio Shack. Kept the Chicklet keyboard though. Then pre-ordered a CoCo III in '86. It ran a 640x480 resolution, ran Microsoft Basic with add-on's from Macroware? for the extended graphics features. It was every bit as powerful as the IBM PC of the day. Loved that computer, spent hours coding in front of a 12" Composite monitor.

*** Edited for typo's

Cool stuff. I've always wanted to play around with a CoCo. I guess the closest thing I have to one of those is a TRS-80 MC-10, which is some really cut down home computer thing that basically has no software lol.

Old shit no one cares about but me.

i7 950 OC to 4Ghz

Coolermaster V8

Sabertooth x58

GTX 570 DCU 2

10 GB Gskill 2000

500 WD blue + 1TB WD black

no case

I still use HDD in my current build 

hp pavilion dv7 6c52eo was the first pc i paid for my own money ;D but it managed to play  bf3 48 fps thoug

Some piece of shit Dosbox....

Then we got something with a Pentium processor at 166mhz.

Third computer had a Pentium 3

The fourth one, now that was a beast for its time. Had this amazing thing called a Pentium 4, and a GeForce3 Ti200. I remember we picked up that GeForce because we started to get games which required support for 3D Textures

CPU: Intel Core i7-4770k | Mobo: MSI Mpower Max | Cooling: Cryorig R1 Ultimate w/ XT140 front Fan | GPU: EVGA GTX 770 Dual SC SLI | Case: NZXT H440 | Case Fans: Phanteks PH-140SP x5 | PSU: EVGA Supernova P2 1000W | RAM: 16GB Crucial Ballistix Tactical Tracer | SSD: Kingston HyperX 3k 120GB | HDD: Seagate Barracude

Keyboard: Razer Blackwidow Ultimate 2013 | Mouse: Razer Deathadder 2013 | Headphones: Sennheiser HD438s | Mousepad: Razer Goliathus Control | Monitor 1: Benq XL2430T | Monitor 2: BenQ RL2455HM 

It was this HP beast at the time with a Pentium 3 and 512 MB RAM, and a CRT display. Well it was the family computer when I was 3. Well it was fun until the CPU died, I think it was from overheating.

Part of the Q6600 club

My first pc i made about 3 years ago. This was a pc i did build out of old parts i did not know a lot about computers back then.

intel single core 1.6ghz

The graphics card was pretty bad cost about £30 in today’s money and i do not know the name of it sorry

it had 4gb of ddr ram 400mhz xD

mini e machine case

mini atx motherboard not even a micro atx.

A crt monitor the old fat ones with vga and used the monitors on board sound.

I used a £2 keyboard and a £1mouse

300gb Hard drive which was the only okay bit.

300w Jepo power supply

windows 7 32bit

Oh yes and a stool that hurt my back xD

What i use now 3 years later yes i did upgrade it over time this is the finished result

Intel i7 3770k overclocked

An R9 290x Overclocked

a corsair k70 keyboard and a corsair vengeance mouse and a corsair dual sided mouse mat

Yes i do use a sound card i use the Creative sound blaster Z i also use a pair of Creative T40s series 2 speakers

16gb of corsair xms3 1600mhz

Coolermaster Storm Enforcer Mid Tower ATX Case

X2 Samsung 840evos SSD

Asus P8Z77-V LX Motherboard

Corsair RM 850w Modular Power supply

BenQ XL2720Z monitor 144hz 1ms response time

Windows 8 64bit with start is back

Also i got rid of the stool and i got a GT Omega EVO XL Racing Office

As you can tell the first pc i build was very shit xDAnyone else built something worse