What was your first computer?

xserd

Ahh, hell, I'm going to have to dig reaaaal deep for this one...

It was a cream-coloured 90's computer running Windows 2000. Probably a Compaq, now that I think about it... It was awful. I used it when I was about three or four, it was my parents'. Then we got a Dell Optiplex. Pentium 4... uurururrghhh that thing died years ago and my old man still hasn't thrown the damn thing away...

Nostalgia tarnishes the present, but in the idea of good faith I suppose answering is alright. A C64 would be the first. My neighbor had to put GEOS on it for me so it would cease to be a paperweight. My best friend then moved here from Ireland and he brought an Acorn RISC based PC over with him. This would be the official beginning. Then came the big guns. The Amiga with a copy of Dune.and Wolfenstein. I actually don't remember which was released first but I want to say Dune. That is the one I definitely owned first anyway, having to beg my father to get Wolfenstein for me for quite a while. then we fought over who would play it the most. Up until the Amiga all the gaming was done on a Sega master sytem, although now the only games I can remember are Shinobi, California games, and a football game that might have been a Madden title. Again my father would play the Sega as much or more then I would. He swung and slam broke so many controllers. Years later he broke my whole Genesis after losing in some high level Sonic Spinball. In short, the past is never as good as we think. Let us praise and love our i7's.

old dell windows 95 laptop

The Wannabe is no longer. Replaced by the Flotilla. If you replace every part of a computer is it still the same computer?

Survived the Survivor 2299

Audio Engineer, Lighting Programmer, Video Engineer, FOH.

One of these bad boys.

vic20andtv.jpg

My Rig!

Case: Corsair Obsidian 650D, Mobo: MSI Z87-GD65 Gaming, CPU: Intel Core i7 4770K (OC'd to 4.2Ghz), RAM: 16GB Corsair Dominator Platinum 2400Mhz, GFX: 2 x Gigabyte GTX770 OC Windforce in SLI, CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i with Corsair SP120 Quiet edition fans, SSD: 2 x 256Gb Samsung 840 Pro in Raid 0, Storage: 2Tb WD Caviar Black, PSU: Corsair AX760i, Monitor: Benq XL2024T Keyboard: Corsair K70, Mouse: Razer Taipan

Wow, my very first computer was an apple, from 1990 moreless, this even had a very primary adobe photos hop version on it, or illustrator, or don't remember haha beautiful old piece of shit, I miss it ^^

Learning from Spain, don't be rude if I can't understand everything you write down to me O_o'

It's funny to see how new some of the stuff is that you guys had. It's by no mean the oldest, but definitely awesome. 

cp1.jpg

Compaq Deskpro 4000, 

PII 233Mhz

32MB or RAM

3.2GB HDD

Windows 98/MSDOS

Please quote/tag ( Found by typing @DarrenP) In all posts directed at me. I do not check my current content. 

Intel Core i7-4790K - Gigabyte Z97X-UD5H-BK - 16GB Corsair Vengeance Pro 1866Mhz - EVGA GTX 980 - 256GB MX100 - 2TB WD RED - 900D - H100I - Corsair HX1050 - DNS 320L 2x2TB Seagate Barracuda 

an old single core athlon at 1.2 ghz compaq pc with a vga gpu

Please follow your topics guys, it's very important! CoC F.A.Q  Please use the corresponding PC part picker link for your country USA, UK, Canada, AustraliaSpain, Italy, New Zealand and Germany

also if you find anyone with this handle in games its most likely me so say hi

Some prebuilt 486DX, 8MB  of ram and ~160MB of harddrive. Oh yeah and it was running Win95 at the time :)

+°´°+,¸¸,+°´°~ Glorious PC master gaming race :wub: ~°´°+,¸¸,+°´°+
BigBox: Asus P8Z77-V, 3570k, 8GB Ram, Intel 180GB & Sammy 750GB, HD4000, W7
PiBox: Rasberry Pi, BCM @ 1225Mhz ^_^ , 256MB Ram, 16GB Storage, pIO, Raspbian

See, the first computer I remember using was my dad's custom built P4 rig. Had a 2.8GHz Prescott Pentium 4 w/ 800 MHz FSB, 1M cache and hyperthreading, a whole GIGABYTE of Double Data Rate RAM, a 160GB hard disk (huge!!!!!!!!) at 7200 rpm (nothing will be faster than this), which was SATA based (1.5 Gbps), and an ATi Radeon 9600 Pro w/ 128MB VRAM, more than enough for an awesome 800x600 HL2 experience. Also had 2 optical drives, all powered by some 400W PSU I've never heard of, running pirated Windows XP.

LTT's unofficial Windows activation expert.

Tempest console.

Tempest.jpg

then a commodore 64 personal computer (I have an emulator and play all the games still)

first IBM was an 0x86, with 512K ram, 1.2Mb floppy drive and 14" monochrome monitor. First customization I made was adding a 20Meg. hard drive.

LOL That box art is so ripping off atari's VCS box.

atari2600ad.gif

What the heck is that thing anyway, Never heard of a tempest console. I searched it up and the closest thing that came up was an Emerson Arcadia.

Old shit no one cares about but me.

it was a P4 1.7 Ghz, first 256 MB RAM , then upgraded to 512 Mb RAM, and I bought my very first own hardware, an Ati Radeon 9550. That was a beast of a card, it played Need for Speed Most wanted fluently :)

LOL That box art is so ripping off atari's VCS box.

atari2600ad.gif

What the heck is that thing anyway, Never heard of a tempest console. I searched it up and the closest thing that came up was an Emerson Arcadia.

It's an MPT-03 compatible console made by tempest (bought out by goldstar, then black and decker IIRR).

It was released in 1979. Funny thing is I had a that 2600 as well. (aussie version, no paddles) 

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

It's an MPT-03 compatible console made by tempest (bought out by goldstar, then black and decker IIRR).

It was released in 1979. Funny thing is I had a that 2600 as well. (aussie version, no paddles) 

It appears that the MPT-03 is basically an arcadia. Those seem to have a lot of variants and rebrands and stuff. http://www.digitpress.com/the_digs/arcadia/texts/cons-fam.htm

Old shit no one cares about but me.

I built my first PC at the end of 2000, using the money I earn working as a waiter as well as whatever I've saved before. It was so long ago I can't really remember the specs but here's what I still remember:

CPU: AMD Duron 750Mhz "Spitfire". You can overclock it with a battery, some wires, and a pencil, literally. Bought it because can't afford Pentium III/Athlon, and Celeron is too slow.

Mobo: "Tomato" brand, seriously, go google it. VIA chipset, socket A. Bought it because it's the cheapest.

RAM: Single stick of 128MB DDR SDRAM.

HDD: Can't remember the capacity but it's a Western Digital

Graphic: Riva TNT2 M-64. Because I can't even afford a TNT2 Pro, and the shiny new Geforce256 would cost me 6 months waiter salary/entire computer's budget.

Case: Generic ATX case, comes with cheapo power supply, I think..

Optic: "Whoppin" 52x CD-ROM

IIRC the peripherals were just generic brands, keyboard, mouse, speakers, monitor is likely a 15" CRT, can't remember the name. I think it ran Windows ME.

I have had 6 computers in the past 18 years, built 3 of them. Expecting my next build to be 2015, soooooo excited  :D

First rig was something really nice that my dad threw together when I was younger, had a cool case with awesome neon strips on the sides, all custom build and played a ton of Grand Theft Auto: Vice City... But he lost that a long time ago.  :(

It appears that the MPT-03 is basically an arcadia. Those seem to have a lot of variants and rebrands and stuff. http://www.digitpress.com/the_digs/arcadia/texts/cons-fam.htm

yep,  they were probably one of the first products to be rebranded en mass by an array of different companies. 

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

Oh god....

P1 100mhz with MMX, 16mb of RAM, massive 1.6 GB hdd and a SiS gpu

my first PC i built was a bare-bones kit, the one i'm using now is the one where i picked out all the parts to and put together, i call it "Digital Overload"

although it has had 6 part failures in the First four months, and 3 more in the next two. my recommendation is don't re-use the PSU from your old build and don't skimp on it, get a beefy one. and if you go Duel cards don't EVER let someone else move your computer that isn't an enthusiast.

Build: Sister's new build |CPU i5 2500k|MOBO MSI h61m-p23 b3|PSU Rosewill 850w  |RAM 4GB 1333|GPU Radeon HD 6950 2GB OCedition|HDD 500GB 7200|HDD 500GB 7200|CASE Rosewill R5|Status online

Build: Digital Vengeance|CPU i7 4790k 4.8GHz 1.33V|MOBO MSI z97-Gaming 7|PSU Seasonic Xseries 850w|RAM 16GB G.skill sniper 2133|GPU Dual R9 290s|SSD 256GB Neutron|SSD 240GB|HDD 2TB 7200|CASE Fractal Design Define R5|Status online

Intel 3 5-600ish mhz computer with megabites of ram. 

MEGAbites. 

:angry:

PC: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X Gigabyte X570 UD Corsair Vengence 32gb 3200MHZ Gigabyte RTX 2070 Intel 512gb boot / Seagate 2tb spinner Windows 10 Corsair 4000D black

Fyi i am Autistic (Aspergers) so sorry for any social mistakes (im mostly okay) If you want to learn more, Just ask!