What was your first computer?

xserd

Repost.

Please search Google using "site:linustechtips.com" and your search query after that before posting a topic to see if it has been posted already.

12600k | MSI MEG S280 | SSUPD Meshilicious | Asus ROG STRIX Z690-I | Crucial 16GB 4800MHz CL38 | MSI Gaming 980Ti | CM V850 SFX | WD SN850 1TB, WD SN550 1TB 
Pi 4TB NAS | Asus VG27AQ, Asus PB278Q | Logitech G Pro X Superlight | Glorious G-HXL-STEALTH | Keychron K4 V2 | Sennheiser HD 599 w/ Fiio E10

Yup I do

Intel Core i3 2120

8GB G.Skill Value ram

Gigabyte H61M S2PV Motherboard

Gigabyte GTX 650

Antec 300(It's broken now :/)

500GB WD Blue

2120 MasterRace.

giphy.gif

Okay then.    

AMD FX-8350

AMD HD7970

1TB Barracuda

8GB Adata xpg 1600Mhz

Thermaltake Water 2.0

Thermaltake Berlin 630w

Coolermaster N400

And almost forgot the Asus 990FX Sabertooth.

REMEMBER TO QUOTE SO I GET A NOTIFCATION! Add me on Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/Shroomster/ Review(s) more to come

CPU: Intel pentium 4 3ghz

GPU: Nvidia geforce 8800GT

M/B: ?

Ram: 1gb DDR2 600mhz

Hdd: 320GB

Case: something that looks like a washing machine

Easy, I built it around a week ago..

CPU: i5 4690K

MOBO: MSI Z97-G55 SLI

RAM: 8GB Kingston Fury Black

GPU: N/A

Case: Corsair 230T

PSU: Corsair CX600M

Specs: CPU - Intel i7 8700K @ 5GHz | GPU - Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming | Motherboard - ASUS Strix Z370-G WIFI AC | RAM - XPG Gammix DDR4-3000MHz 32GB (2x16GB) | Main Drive - Samsung 850 Evo 500GB M.2 | Other Drives - 7TB/3 Drives | CPU Cooler - Corsair H100i Pro | Case - Fractal Design Define C Mini TG | Power Supply - EVGA G3 850W

I don't remember, it was so long ago, I built it with my dad, truth be told I was just handing him the screws, the screwdriver, parts etc. was a little kid but I remember it ran on DOS.
Now the first PC that was mine (not my dads) was a

Pentium 3 633MHz

128mb RAM (Later upgraded to 256mb)

GeForce 2 MX 400

15" 800x600 monitor.

Bad ass rig! :D

intel core 2 duo. like some old mobo out a dell optiplex, 60gb hard drive. amd 1500x series graphics card 4gb ddr2 ram. a blue led case i had to like angle grind to get the inverted mobo to fit. and a 500w cheap powersupply. it was baller :)

Oh man...

1.7Ghz Celeron

512mb DDR pc2700

40GB HDD

Geforce4 Ti 4200 (64mb i believe)

My cousin gave me the graphics card for my birthday. He's the one that got me into PCs and PC gaming.

do you mean first pc you built specs

Spoiler

My system is the Dell Inspiron 15 5559 Microsoft Signature Edition

The Austrailian king of LTT said that I'm awesome and a funny guy. the greatest psu list known to man DDR3 ram guide

i got 477 posts in my first 30 days on LinusTechTips.com

athlon x3 425

3 gb ddr3,

500gb seagate barracuda,

int graphics,

generic psu.

Had a look through some files and found this and yes this is from the very first PC i built played Renegade to death on this PC (only screen shot i can find with the specs)

352o9KN.jpg

Found a CPU-Z capture from the same comp too

Zg384ql.jpg

3.0 P4 no HT

2 or 4 gigs of 1066mhz ram

250gb hdd

gateway mobo.

some nvidia card before the 8800s.

First and last prebuilt pc. Gateway ftw.

My profile pic is the game i'm currently playing. I hope i remember to change it..

My first PC that I built consisted of an Intel Pentium 4 with a very basic Intel motherboard. The biggest issue at the time was I couldn't get my optical drive and IDE hard drive connected concurrently because of how far away they were spaced in the case. (I only had one IDE channel...and I was 12 and didn't fully understand SATA). I then went back to Fry's, explained my situation to one of the managers and he suggested that I go with SATA since the performance would be much improved and I won't have these issues. (And I had like 4 SATA ports on the motherboard). As soon as I did that, problem solved!

My first built is my current built:

ASUS GTX 780

Intel I7-4770k

ASUS Maximus VI Hero

Corsair Vengeance 8GB 1866Mhz

Corsair CX750

Cooler Master Haf 932 Advanced

The one i'm using right now. (also my avatar)

I cannot be held responsible for any bad advice given.

I've no idea why the world is afraid of 3D-printed guns when clearly 3D-printed crossbows would be more practical for now.

My rig: The StealthRay. Plans for a newer, better version of its mufflers are already being made.

First PC I built is the one I'm currently using. I looked at PC building guides for 6 months before I actually attempted to put this thing together, and even then I was nervous I'd mess something up.

Just don't make the same mistake I did my first time.
Don't forget the plug in the CPU power.
And don't cut yourself on RAM. That hurts.

First PC built is this thing:
Case: Antec 300

Motherboard: Asus P8Z77-V LX
CPU: Intel i5 3570
GPU: Nvidia GTX 660
RAM: 8GB 1333MHz DDR3 by Kingston

Storage: 1TB Seagate Barracuda

Generic DVD Drive

Me it was in a Thermaltake Armor + case, with the Asus M2N32 motherboard, a 8800GT GPU, AMD 3000+ CPU and 2 GO of Gskills RAM. It lasted for 5 years until it died 1 year ago. My recommendation. Invest.

I see see pc building like an investment, where you purchase something great and expensive but it will last.? It is always my idea when building a pc.

"Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength" Arnold

The Mid Tower on the right. Using it right now, built around this time last year. Never had any problems. Had to RMA a DOA HDD for the mATX on the left though

WXdKiAB.jpg

Corsair C70 Black Windowed | Asus Sabertooth Z87 | i7 4770k | Corsair H100i | Corsair Dominator Platinum 4x4GB 1866Mhz | SLI GTX 780 Classified | Corsair AX860 | Samsung EVO 250GB SSD | 2x2TB WD Green

Corsair 350D Windowed | Asus Gryphon Z87 | i5 4670k | Corsair H75 | Corsair Vengeance Low Profile 2x4GB 1600Mhz | Corsair RM550 | Samsung EVO 250GB SSD | 4TB WD Green.

Bitfenix Phenom ITX White | Asus Z97i-Plus | Pentium G3258 | Noctua NH-L9i | Kingston HyperX Fury White 2x4GB 1866Mhz | Silverstone Strider 550 | Crucial M.2 120GB SSD | 4x5TB WD Red. (work in progress)

I saved money for about 1 year when I was 19 to put together my first "gaming" pc

it was a phenom x 4, dont remember the speed, a MSI motherboard, some 4 gigs of Crucial ram (one of the sticks failed about a month after) a 500 gig hd and a hd 4850... ohh yeah, the psu was a 650w BFG refurbished psu I got... great psu.. except it was noisy as hell... it  died  like 3 years ago (im 27 now)

Last me about 3 years of decent gaming... well no, of about 1000 gaming hours (wasnt working at the time... and you know... college was starting)

then I upgraded to an hd6870, and so on... had a x3 RANA... then went to a Phenom II, and so forth... I think my current build was purchased using some of the money I spent on the first pc and I recovered after selling the used parts... about 500 bucks I supposed... so when ppl talk about how expensive pc gaming is... I cant help but laugh.

My first pc was a win 3.1 and then a win 95 my dad got for 900 bucks at the time... I remember playing that one had a nvidia 6200 card of sorts

First PC that I truly built from scratch, from new parts I've chosen and bought myself, is the one I'm using right now.

Before that I had assembled PCs, but from old parts, change cases, etc.. Nothing I had personally bought myself.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700x / GPU: Asus Radeon RX 6750XT OC 12GB / RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4-3200
MOBO: MSI B450m Gaming Plus / NVME: Corsair MP510 240GB / Case: TT Core v21 / PSU: Seasonic 750W / OS: Win 10 Pro

Like many others, my current build is my first full build. I used to mess around with "old" computers that were used in my family; added graphics cards, took apart some and put them back together, and just generic stuff. Now that I am in college I decided it was time to go big and build my own. The one thing that I think was a big help for putting this together was the fact that I had messed around on older computers and took things apart and practiced really without too much of a worry of damaging anything. I would have been incredibly nervous to put this together if I had never actually taken parts in and out of a computer before. Still my biggest problem was the fact that I was all on my own with only videos to help, if I could have had someone there to supervise that was more experienced I think it would have made the process run a lot more smoothly. 

-J.T.

Idk if this really qualifies as "building" a PC but when I was 6 I took apart an iMac G3 and put it back together. Turns out I hated the things back then just as much as I hate em now :lol: