Steam Store is getting a major overhaul soon (leak)

Master Disaster
20 minutes ago, Mr.Meerkat said:

And who ever complained about the layout/UI of steam...there is something called a skin...I use the widely known skin called Air and well...it's good :P (all I'm saying is skins exists so stop complaining ;))

Yeah, that's a skin. Not different Store layout.

| Ryzen 7 7800X3D | AM5 B650 Aorus Elite AX | G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo RGB DDR5 32GB 6000MHz C30 | Sapphire PULSE Radeon RX 7900 XTX | Samsung 990 PRO 1TB with heatsink | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360 | Seasonic Focus GX-850 | Lian Li Lanccool III | Mousepad: Skypad 3.0 XL / Zowie GTF-X | Mouse: Zowie S1-C | Keyboard: Ducky One 3 TKL (Cherry MX-Speed-Silver)Beyerdynamic MMX 300 (2nd Gen) | Acer XV272U | OS: Windows 11 |

Just now, Doobeedoo said:

Yeah, that's a skin. Not different Store layout.

Ah, so everyone is complaining about the actual layout of the store vs the UI of the actual program :P 

Looking at my signature are we now? Well too bad there's nothing here...

What? As I said, there seriously is nothing here :) 

1 hour ago, Mr.Meerkat said:

And who ever complained about the layout/UI of steam...there is something called a skin...I use the widely known skin called Air and well...it's good :P (all I'm saying is skins exists so stop complaining ;))

Looking at Air... all it seems to do is recolor the window and some elements... I guess you could call that an improvement if you don't like the color.

CPU - Ryzen 7 3700X | RAM - 64 GB DDR4 3200MHz | GPU - Nvidia GTX 1660 ti | MOBO -  MSI B550 Gaming Plus

Doesn't matter what changes they make, so long as publishers big and small can pay Valve for a presents on the front page the Steam store will never be good.

11 hours ago, Dabombinable said:

Specifically Memelight and Early Access.

Fixed that for you!

If you want to reply back to me or someone else USE THE QUOTE BUTTON!                                                      
Pascal laptops guide

2 hours ago, Castdeath97 said:

Fixed that for you!

Shhh, you'll summon the Sterling.

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL

1 hour ago, raphidy said:

Are you guys on the Beta of Origin? Not the old interface. Less crap in your face:

Hide contents

origin.PNG

i'm liking the new origin interface myself but it's still clunky at times. it's gotten a tad better since it first rolled out public release which is a plus 

2 hours ago, raphidy said:

Are you guys on the Beta of Origin? Not the old interface. Less crap in your face:

Hide contents

origin.PNG

I'm not in the beta, but it looks exactly the same as the live version.

Which is... I suppose aesthetically alright, and does use the full width properly. But functionally it's still completely inferior to Steam. 3 huge blocks representing a game each, with too-small arrows and dots to switch between a too-short list of three objects in the top field. And then a too-sparse menu on the left. And why make each of the menu items so small when there's that much empty space?