1 to 10. Confession and Impression about LTT Community and LMG

wowotek

Let's make a confession about Linus Tech Tips, Linus Media Group, and Community. So Everyone will know better about this community is, based on our opinion it self

I'm gonna start with my first impression after posting my build plan with Very Positive with Informative yet Funny response.

from 1-10 how much about responsiveness, knowledge, behavior of this community? I'll give 9 :) (please don't judge me, you guys are great. love you all)

Next, I'm want to confess about Linus.

Dear Linus,

You are great, you are good, you are smart. but you sometimes take something too seriously, especially from slick :(. poor slick.

There you go. one from many. how about you guys ?

I think this community is very dull but i am a fan of Linus.

Pentium IV @ 4.4ghz , 8GB DDR2, R9 380 4GB, 2560x1440p monitor.

Just now, CAPCOM UK said:

I think this community is very dull but i am a fan of Linus.

Woow rude much ? :(

Just now, CAPCOM UK said:

You asked for our opinions?

Don't make dumb threads next time.

I think it's not dumb, it's off-topic. I want to confess something, is that even wrong ?

Just now, wowotek said:

I think it's not dumb, it's off-topic. I want to confess something, is that even wrong ?

I don't need your emotional blackmail.

Just now, wowotek said:

Ok:(

You ok? i'm not against you lol. You asked generally for opinions and that's mine, sorry if it's not what you wanted to hear :)

The community is kind of a mixed bag, sometimes people are very helpful and nice about stuff and other times the responses are kind of pretentious (I may have made a few of those pretentious ones though :( )

Discussion sometimes is nice, but way too often leads to arguments and saltiness, which I really don't want.. Oh and some people really show their true side once a giveaway is over, crying about how a 1 and 3 post account won, instead of a 500+ post account (which apparently deserve it more according to them).

Anyways, this is why I post a lot less nowadays than in the past and why I like sticking to more positive topics.

I guess I'll give it a 6/10. Just average, there is good and bad stuff.

And about LTT/LMG and their videos.. Eh, I don't find them as fun anymore. Many feel way too short (both in terms of time and info).

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

1 minute ago, Minibois said:

The community is kind of a mixed bag, sometimes people are very helpful and nice about stuff and other times the responses are kind of pretentious (I may have made a few of those pretentious ones though :( )

Discussion sometimes is nice, but way too often leads to arguments and saltiness, which I really don't want.. Oh and some people really show their true side once a giveaway is over, crying about how a 1 and 3 post account won, instead of a 500+ post account (which apparently deserve it more according to them).

Anyways, this is why I post a lot less nowadays than in the past and why I like sticking to more positive topics.

And about LTT/LMG and their videos.. Eh, I don't find them as fun anymore. Many feel way too short (both in terms of time and info).

yea i'm kinda agree about LTT/LMG videos, they make video with lesser base content than the past so I will give 6 too

3 minutes ago, Minibois said:

I find this place as mostly a reader quite bluntly retarded, the amount of false intelligence around is astounding but there are also some real good eggs around so yeah a mixed bag of magic mushies.

As for videos i agree.

10 minutes ago, CAPCOM UK said:

I find this place as mostly a reader quite bluntly retarded, the amount of false intelligence around is astounding but there are also some real good eggs around so yeah a mixed bag of magic mushies.

As for videos i agree.

Many discussions nowadays are just glorified mud throwing contests, where the mud is replaced by people's standpoints accompanied by weak arguments. 

13 minutes ago, wowotek said:

yea i'm kinda agree about LTT/LMG videos, they make video with lesser base content than the past so I will give 6 too

Yeah, a 6 for their videos is right for me. They do a lot of content on quite a bit stuff, but for extensive reviews I will check other reviewers and website. e.g. I would rather visit JayzTwoCents for GPU reviews, HardwareCanucks for case reviews (although some of their content has been a bit iffy too) or (the Dutch version of) hardware.info for game benchmarks.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

Community, a handful of awesome people, and a bucket full of idiots but I am here so its 10/10

As for LTT, i mostly watch for entertainment and to see some cool stuff, as far as "informative" its only very basic, but I rarely watch in depth tech videos these days, just dont want to watch somebody talk about a graphics card for 435 hours - there are channels for that if you need it

Mostly here for the .. completely out of hand fanboy wars that happen in every single thread 

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

2 minutes ago, ShadowCaptain said:

Community, a handful of awesome people, and a bucket full of idiots but I am here so its 10/10

As for LTT, i mostly watch for entertainment and to see some cool stuff, as far as "informative" its only very basic, but I rarely watch in depth tech videos these days, just dont want to watch somebody talk about a graphics card for 435 hours - there are channels for that if you need it

Mostly here for the .. completely out of hand fanboy wars that happen in every single thread 

I suggest TPU for a much more mature forum.

https://www.techpowerup.com/forums/

But LTT has this nice zing to it, it's like junior vs high school :P

1 minute ago, CAPCOM UK said:

I suggest TPU for a much more mature forum.

https://www.techpowerup.com/forums/

But LTT has this nice zing to it, it's like junior vs high school :P

I dont much care for like serious tech discussion, so I avoid the more...hmm "serious" forums - just browse them if I cant find the answers to problems that occur

I do enjoy the community here, for all its faults, its mostly just entertainment 

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

@Minibois @ShadowCaptain All these below 100s talking about community xD 

He who asks is stupid for 5 minutes. He who does not ask, remains stupid. -Chinese proverb. 

Those who know much are aware that they know little. - Slick roasting me

Spoiler

AXIOM

CPU- Intel i5-6500 GPU- EVGA 1060 6GB Motherboard- Gigabyte GA-H170-D3H RAM- 8GB HyperX DDR4-2133 PSU- EVGA GQ 650w HDD- OEM 750GB Seagate Case- NZXT S340 Mouse- Logitech Gaming g402 Keyboard-  Azio MGK1 Headset- HyperX Cloud Core

Offical first poster LTT V2.0

@CAPCOM UK You joined 8 hours ago dont give us shit about community and @wowotek You've been here for a month. You weren't even here for the good old days before mods went crazy and the forum layout changed

He who asks is stupid for 5 minutes. He who does not ask, remains stupid. -Chinese proverb. 

Those who know much are aware that they know little. - Slick roasting me

Spoiler

AXIOM

CPU- Intel i5-6500 GPU- EVGA 1060 6GB Motherboard- Gigabyte GA-H170-D3H RAM- 8GB HyperX DDR4-2133 PSU- EVGA GQ 650w HDD- OEM 750GB Seagate Case- NZXT S340 Mouse- Logitech Gaming g402 Keyboard-  Azio MGK1 Headset- HyperX Cloud Core

Offical first poster LTT V2.0

7 minutes ago, Clanscorpia said:

@CAPCOM UK You joined 8 hours ago dont give us shit about community and @wowotek You've been here for a month. You weren't even here for the good old days before mods went crazy and the forum layout changed

I actually does, about 9 month. but I lost my account so yeah

EDIT : but maybe it's not very wrong as I only ask you guys opinion about ourself. I do love this community a good side and bad side.

22 minutes ago, Clanscorpia said:

@Minibois @ShadowCaptain All these below 100s talking about community xD 

eh, you can judge this community pretty fast, just by looking at a couple topics. If you have seen the fanboys, trolls, pretentious people and people that don't know about the subject giving advice as if they do: you have seen it all.

21 minutes ago, Clanscorpia said:

The moderators are pretty good now, the forum layout has no impact on the community (other than people complaining about it) and everyone can make an argument like yours against you too. People can complain about me too, not knowing the community because I was not here in 2013, but point is to judge the current state of the community.

the community on the forum is definitely one of the better ones on a forum I've ever been on (especially a PC oriented one) but of course there's always the few douches that love to think everyone else's knowledge is inferior to there's cos they "do this everyday for there job" but what makes people good if there's not had people to compare them to hey! 

As for ltt there cool guys (and girl) although I sometimes feel that some of there videos maybe alienate beginners (the videos about the wifi dishes and a few others come to mind) also channel super fun has really gone down hill I miss the days of them buying something completely redicuouls of Amazon and playing with it in the park (some times simple is better) 

I lurk a lot

At its current state, its pretty boring. 

i5 2400 | ASUS RTX 4090 TUF OC | Seasonic 1200W Prime Gold | WD Green 120gb | WD Blue 1tb | some ram | a random case

36 minutes ago, Clanscorpia said:

You are a large example.

Been reading these forums for over 2 years mate.

1 hour ago, Clanscorpia said:

And you've been here for (almost) a year...

"an obvious supporter of privacy"

@ShadowCaptain Don't be so modest, we know I make this place 10/10, but you bump us all the way to 100/10.

The community here is really the same as every other forum.  Core group of active posters.  The extremely high post count users are often full of themselves or douches.  Mods here are quite good though.

2 minutes ago, NavyCuda said:

@ShadowCaptain Don't be so modest, we know I make this place 10/10, but you bump us all the way to 100/10.

<3