pirateing ?

acepro71

Let's be honest for second most of us have illegally downloaded something in our lives.

so what are ur views towards it do u support it or do u hate it ?

please explain why u hate it / support it ...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6zrSwBYsHVk

CPU: Fx 8350 | CPU Cooler: Coolermaster Hyper 212 Evo Now  AMD STOCK CPU COOLER | Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-970A-DS3 (rev 1.1)   NOW MSI 990FXA-GD80 | Ram: Corsair Vengence 8GB DDR3 Motherboard detects 7gb for some weird reason | Graphics Card: SAPPHIRE HD 7870 GHz Edition 2GB GDDR5 |  HDD: 1 TB samsung 

Case: CM elite 310 | Monitor: Aoc e2050S

OS: Windows 8 Professional 64 Bit NOW  Wndows 10 Professional 64 Bit

Power Supply: Cooler Master Thunder 500W NOW GX 650W v2

piracy....

nvcW3uO.gif

-The Bellerophon- Obsidian 550D-i5-3570k@4.5Ghz -Asus Sabertooth Z77-16GB Corsair Dominator Platinum 1866Mhz-x2 EVGA GTX 760 Dual FTW 4GB-Creative Sound Blaster XF-i Titanium-OCZ Vertex Plus 120GB-Seagate Barracuda 2TB- https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/60154-the-not-really-a-build-log-build-log/ Twofold http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/121043-twofold-a-dual-itx-system/ How great is EVGA? http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/110662-evga-how-great-are-they/#entry1478299

Before I opened my Steam account in 2011 I downloaded everything, people like free things so it's not going anywhere even with the risks associated with it. I think it has a slither of legitimacy in some areas, for example if a game doesn't have a demo it is often used as a way to figure out if people want to play the game. Ofcourse most of the time people pirate and don't later buy, but you can't do anything about it unfortunately.

I now have over 170 purchased games on Steam so I like to think I'm even (Even though most were on sale  :blink:).

Case = Bitfenix Prodigy, Motherboard = P8Z77 - I Deluxe, CPU = 3570k @ 4.2GHz, RAM = 2x 8GB G-Skill Ripjaws, GPU = Sapphire 7950 Boost Edition, Storage = 256GB Samsung 840 Pro.

teksyndicate has talked about this many times, 90% of piracy is due to distribution problems from the original content creator

100% agree. things like game of thrones are the most torrented things because to watch it you have to spend 1239043129048$ a month on cable services to watch it lol

companies make giant deals out of piracy, people obviously like your product, you get free publicity, yes you lose money but you're obviously doing something wrong to deliver it to the people at a price they can afford/ a way they can access said product effectively

Stuff:  i7 7700k @ (dat nibba succ) | ASRock Z170M OC Formula | G.Skill TridentZ 3600 c16 | EKWB 1080 @ 2100 mhz  |  Acer X34 Predator | R4 | EVGA 1000 P2 | 1080mm Radiator Custom Loop | HD800 + Audio-GD NFB-11 | 850 Evo 1TB | 840 Pro 256GB | 3TB WD Blue | 2TB Barracuda

Hwbot: http://hwbot.org/user/lays/ 

FireStrike 980 ti @ 1800 Mhz http://hwbot.org/submission/3183338 http://www.3dmark.com/3dm/11574089

I can't "illegally" download TV shows/movies/music in the Netherlands because I'ts 100% legal as it should be everywhere.

As far as games go, I like to try them out, but I have a very nice steam account.

Respect the Code of Conduct!

>> Feel free to join the unofficial LTT teamspeak 3 server TS3.schnitzel.team <<

>>LTT 10TB+ Topic<< | >>FlexRAID Tutorial<<>>LTT Speed wave<< | >>LTT Communies and Servers<<

kYe8Aaq.gif

AMD Phenom II x4 955 - Gigabyte GA-870A-UD3 - XFX HD7870 CORE - 60 GB OCZ Agility 3 - 1 TB Western Digital Green - 1 TB Hitachi DeskStar

OCZ ModXstream 600W - 16 GB Corsair XMS3 - Cooler Master HAF 912 Plus - Logitech G110 - Speedlink Kudos - Sennheiser HD 518

Steam The reason I am still alive Dark Theme

I usually pirate most of my games, and if I enjoy them, I'll buy them. If it's a really, really good game, I might buy it twice. For music, If I like it, I'll probably buy a t-shirt or some pricey merch from the artist. I almost never buy music because it's terrible quality most of the time. If it's a movie, stop charging $50 for a two hour video file and maybe you can have my money. Software, Adobe doesn't get one cent of mine. $800 for each version of Photoshop? Jesus, that's more than the PC most people are using it on.

Spoiler

i personally dont know anyone that pays for ms office or any adobe product, and i doubt many people on the forum have

I can't "illegally" download TV shows/movies/music in the Netherlands because I'ts 100% legal as it should be everywhere.

As far as games go, I like to try them out, but I have a very nice steam account.

i don’t believe u !

CPU: Fx 8350 | CPU Cooler: Coolermaster Hyper 212 Evo Now  AMD STOCK CPU COOLER | Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-970A-DS3 (rev 1.1)   NOW MSI 990FXA-GD80 | Ram: Corsair Vengence 8GB DDR3 Motherboard detects 7gb for some weird reason | Graphics Card: SAPPHIRE HD 7870 GHz Edition 2GB GDDR5 |  HDD: 1 TB samsung 

i personally dont know anyone that pays for ms office or any adobe product, and i doubt many people on the forum have

i do wonder sometimes how do they earn profit ,,,

i don’t believe u !

It's true, 100% Legal to download TV shows/movies and music for personal use in the Netherlands.

PS: It's also legal to download music in Canada and Spain for noncommercial use.

>> Feel free to join the unofficial LTT teamspeak 3 server TS3.schnitzel.team <<

>>LTT 10TB+ Topic<< | >>FlexRAID Tutorial<<>>LTT Speed wave<< | >>LTT Communies and Servers<<

It's true, 100% Legal to download TV shows/movies and music for personal use.

What are the house prices like?  :ph34r:

Case = Bitfenix Prodigy, Motherboard = P8Z77 - I Deluxe, CPU = 3570k @ 4.2GHz, RAM = 2x 8GB G-Skill Ripjaws, GPU = Sapphire 7950 Boost Edition, Storage = 256GB Samsung 840 Pro.

i don’t believe u !

Here in Holland rules are not very strict.

You can download movies/series/music here legally, as long as you keep them for personal use.

Uploading is a whole other story.

Also, we have moron-groups like BREIN who want to shut down ways to download.

But for every service they shut down, 10 new services rise.

AMD Phenom II x4 955 - Gigabyte GA-870A-UD3 - XFX HD7870 CORE - 60 GB OCZ Agility 3 - 1 TB Western Digital Green - 1 TB Hitachi DeskStar

OCZ ModXstream 600W - 16 GB Corsair XMS3 - Cooler Master HAF 912 Plus - Logitech G110 - Speedlink Kudos - Sennheiser HD 518

We also have unlimited fiber :P

Do you want a brochure?

Or shall I just call the house-moving company straight away?

Pretty high, but that is because our government is a bunch of jolly ol' arsebiscuits.

teksyndicate has talked about this many times, 90% of piracy is due to distribution problems from the original content creator

100% agree. things like game of thrones are the most torrented things because to watch it you have to spend 1239043129048$ a month on cable services to watch it lol

companies make giant deals out of piracy, people obviously like your product, you get free publicity, yes you lose money but you're obviously doing something wrong to deliver it to the people at a price they can afford/ a way they can access said product effectively

well we could have ended piracy ! only if company's  weren’t so money hungry

We also have unlimited fiber :P

Do you want a brochure?

Or shall I just call the house-moving company straight away?

Pretty high, but that is because our government is a bunch of jolly ol' arsebiscuits.

I'm getting a mixed response, I'll take the brochure but I'll have to think about it over the weekend.  :rolleyes:

I hate it with a passion i have never played/watched/ illegally downloaded anything i think if you do it you should be banned from entertainment for a year. It is just plain wrong and imoral

I'm getting a mixed response, I'll take the brochure but I'll have to think about it over the weekend.  :rolleyes:

Here is the brochure:

SAT_truckCatering.jpg

USed to pirate, now I use VPN's for early release stuff and Buy everything/netflix.

pretty much everything i Pirated in the past I now own. Basically I pirated cause I was broke. 

Rig 1 CPU: 3570K Motherboard: V Gene GPU: Power Color r9 280x at 1.35GHZ  RAM: 16 GB 1600mhz PSU: Cougar CMX 700W Storage: 1x Plexor M5S 256GB 1x 1TB HDD 1x 3TB GREEN HDD Case: Coolermaster HAFXB Cooling: Intel Watercooler
"My day so far, I've fixed 4 computers and caught a dog. Australian Tech Industry is weird."

"It's bent so far to the right, It's a hook."

I'm fairly sure, or at least I'm naive enough to hope that there are tons of honest people actually paying for those products here, as they probably have at least a bit more insight into how much actually goes in to making those softwares come to light than your average Joe – Anyone working in any semi-serious or professional environment will have licenses for applications they need.

Cheers,

Linus

Here is the brochure:

[Picture]

I like how they did not even take the time to remove the spell/grammar check lines from the picture.

oh god

not another "what are your thoughts on pirating " thread

stop these PLEASE STOP !!!!

If your grave doesn't say "rest in peace" on it You are automatically drafted into the skeleton war.

I don't think it's wrong for people to get 'free' Adobe stuff, but when you consider that you can use EVERY piece of their software catalogue legally, for like £49 a month.. It does seem a little wrong.

I've pirated plenty, I'll admit to that, but as some above if I like it I'll buy it. Cinemas over here are way over-priced and only getting more expensive for a worse experience. Bad and way over-inflatedly priced food and drink, crap screen, out of focus out of alignment and messy cinema and you want MORE money from me.. No, sorry, but no..

I'll often purchase a bluray of a good movie, the issue I find is that there are such massive hype trains behind all the big movies you just can't trust the trailers anymore so sometimes it's just a complete waste of money. 

I've never pirated a console game, or had a chipped console either but then I guess most of my gaming is done on PC. My steam account has been around since steam began and is worth like £3000 so you can't say I'm not putting back into the industry. This whole 'it's stealing' is just utter crap, it's a COPY of the thing no-one has LOST money, they just don't have as much as their greed wanted.

Asus x79 Deluxe | Intel 3930k | 32GB Corsair Vengeance 1866Mhz DDR3 | 2 x 3GB EVGA 580GTX FTW Hydro Copper 2 - SLI | Xonar Essence STX | 2 x 256GB Samsung 840 Pros | 2TB Samsung F4 | CM 1300W Silent Pro Hybrid | NZXT Switch 810 - White | Phobya G-Changer 420, XSPC 280 | RP-452X2 Rev 2.0 | Monsoon 7/16 Fittings | XSPC Raystorm | Roccat Kone | QPad MK85 Pro w/ Cherry Red MX | AKG K702 Reference Headphones | TM Hotas Warthog Stick and Throttle | Saitek Combat Pro Pedals | TrackIR 5

i used to download a lot, but suddenly all the games i downloaded had some sort of issue that took FOREVER to fix, and i didn't like that, and i was thinking, it would be faster, and easier to just buy the dam thing! downloading wasn't as effectively as i was hoping for back in the days, so my downloading days are over!!! ;) its only if i really want to try out something, but still not sure if its worth it for me, then i download it, just to try it out. and like most of these big pirates say, like Skidrow, Realoaded etc, :"if you like it, buy it!" and i think thats nice that they encourage people to buy the games/software etc afterwards. ^_^ althought not everybody do...  -_-

Intel Core i7-3770K @ 4.9GHz |--| Gigabyte Z77X-UP7 |--| 16GB Crucial BalisitX Elite @ 1600MHz |--| Sapphire + Gigabyte HD 7990 in Quad CrossfireX @ 1,100MHz |--| Samsung 840 Series 250GB SSD |--|  2x Seagate Momentus XT 750 GB HDDs in Raid0 |--| CoolerMaster V1200 Platinum |--| Corsair Obsidian 750D

"There is no heaven or afterlife for broken-down computers; that is a fairy story for people afraid of the dark." - Stephen Hawking