pirateing ?

acepro71

Let's be honest for second most of us have illegally downloaded something in our lives.

so what are ur views towards it do u support it or do u hate it ?

please explain why u hate it / support it ...

"some" ??

To love is to risk not being loved in return. To hope is to risk pain. To try is to risk failure, but risk must be taken because the greatest hazard in life is to risk nothing.

If its not on Netflix or Project Free TV I pirate, whether I buy a game or not depends on how badly I want to play it and how much time/replay value I will get out of a game, I gladly forked over money for Borderlands 2 and the season pass, I have probably logged more hours on that game than any other I have ever played times 2 or 3. For movies, again relates to how badly I want to see it, these days I either see the midnight release, don't see it at all or pirate because its not worth $11.

So whether its worth the investment or not depends on whether I pirate or not. I absolutely will NOT pay for software, most of the prices are entirely ridiculous, Microsoft Office for starters, everything I used it for has been replaced with Google Drive so I can have it anywhere on any device and quickly email without making a zip file or finding attachments, for the very small amount I use it its just not worth forking over $100+. I will not pay for operating systems either, I like the Linux approach were an OS is free and that's how it should be. 

Case: Cubitek MiniCube CPU: i5-3570k @ 4.7GHz GPU: Asus GTX 670 DirectCUII MoBo: Asus P8Z77-i Deluxe/WD RAM: G.Skill Sniper 2133MHz

SSD: Sandisk Extreme 120GB HDD: WD Black 2TB AIO Water Cooler: Antec Kuhler 620 Fans: Corsair SP120 Thermal Paste: MX4

Headphones: Grado SR-80i Keyboard: Corsair K65 Mouse: Mionix Naos 8200 Monitor: Asus MX279H Phone: HTC One Tablet: Nexus 7 (2013)

I'm sorry but students crying about needing adobe software need to take another look at the adobe pricing. You can get it on a monthly subscription basis for so cheap now. Add to that the proper education discount's you'll get if you go legit and it's covered. This is what all the loans and money is for when you study, not alcohol etc..

Your course might rely on you having it but they've wised up to students and the pricing, for what it is, compared to what it was to buy the big bulk price option are VERY competitive now.

I should update on my previous post. I subscribe to Netflix and am currently paying in excess of £50 a month for Cable TV and Broadband. Edit: AND pay a TV license fee /edit

So I'll download whatever the hell TV shows I want.

I haven't pirated a copy of Windows since Vista came a long, and I pre-ordered that (lol what a mistake), mostly because you realise it's just a pain in the ass, and for something I use daily and rely on to get my business and pleasure time from, I think that deserves to be paid for. If my workflow and games could be done on a free OS (hello steam os) then I'd use that but there just isn't...

Asus x79 Deluxe | Intel 3930k | 32GB Corsair Vengeance 1866Mhz DDR3 | 2 x 3GB EVGA 580GTX FTW Hydro Copper 2 - SLI | Xonar Essence STX | 2 x 256GB Samsung 840 Pros | 2TB Samsung F4 | CM 1300W Silent Pro Hybrid | NZXT Switch 810 - White | Phobya G-Changer 420, XSPC 280 | RP-452X2 Rev 2.0 | Monsoon 7/16 Fittings | XSPC Raystorm | Roccat Kone | QPad MK85 Pro w/ Cherry Red MX | AKG K702 Reference Headphones | TM Hotas Warthog Stick and Throttle | Saitek Combat Pro Pedals | TrackIR 5

I download games for demo purposes and to see if they tun well, if I dont like, I uninstall and that's that, if I like, I buy. Movies I used to but I like the true blu ray experience and havent downloaded a movie in over 2 years. TV shows on rare occasions because 80% of the good tv shows air in the us before the uk.

Asus M5A99X Evo  - AMD FX-8350 - 16GB Corsair Vengeance 1866Mhz - Corsair 120mm Quiet Edition Fans BenQ XL2411Z- EVGA GTX 980 Superclocked Fractal Design Define R4 - Corsair H100i - 2 TB 7200rpm HDD - Samsung 840 Evo 120GB - Corsair RM750w PSU - Logitech G502 Proteus Core - Corsair K70 RGB MX Red - Audio Technica M50x + Modmic 4.0 - LG 23EA63V x2

Spinthat Spinthat Spinthat Spinthat

Well.. Yarr Harr!

TV/Movies: main reason is due to how long time it takes for the contenct to be released in Sweden.. Normaly we are like 1 season behind the big US shows and weeks behind videos.

Games: Not rly, sometimes to try em out, if i like em i buy them.

Like I have been told on many things, its only illegal once you get caught.

My PC CPU: 2600K@4.5GHz 1.3v Cooler: Noctua NH-U12P SE2 MB: ASUS Maximus IV RAM: Kingston 1600MHz 8GB & Corsair 1600MHz 16GB GPU: 780Ti Storage: Samsung 850 Evo 500GB SSD, Samsung 830 256GB SSD, Kingston 128GB SSD, WD Black 1TB,WD Green 1TB. PSU: Corsair AX850 Case: CM HAF X. Optical drive: LG Bluray burner  MacBook Pro, Hackintosh

Before I opened my Steam account in 2011 I downloaded everything, people like free things so it's not going anywhere even with the risks associated with it. I think it has a slither of legitimacy in some areas, for example if a game doesn't have a demo it is often used as a way to figure out if people want to play the game. Ofcourse most of the time people pirate and don't later buy, but you can't do anything about it unfortunately.

I now have over 170 purchased games on Steam so I like to think I'm even (Even though most were on sale  :blink:).

same here

huh? i have not ever bought any software for my computer. :)

Computer users fall into two groups:
those that do backups
those that have never had a hard drive fail.

I'm proud to say I have never illegally downloaded anything in my life. Want to know if a game is good or not, that is what game reviews are for. And yes, I even pay for adobe products!

You are free, act like it~Warfairy. Moar guns. B) #3Dprinting

I'm proud to say I have never illegally downloaded anything in my life. Want to know if a game is good or not, that is what game reviews are for. And yes, I even pay for adobe products!

ur a rich guy then xD

CPU: Fx 8350 | CPU Cooler: Coolermaster Hyper 212 Evo Now  AMD STOCK CPU COOLER | Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-970A-DS3 (rev 1.1)   NOW MSI 990FXA-GD80 | Ram: Corsair Vengence 8GB DDR3 Motherboard detects 7gb for some weird reason | Graphics Card: SAPPHIRE HD 7870 GHz Edition 2GB GDDR5 |  HDD: 1 TB samsung 

Case: CM elite 310 | Monitor: Aoc e2050S

OS: Windows 8 Professional 64 Bit NOW  Wndows 10 Professional 64 Bit

Power Supply: Cooler Master Thunder 500W NOW GX 650W v2

PS: It's also legal to download music in Canada and Spain for noncommercial use.

Really? Could you point me to a website where I can see this law and another website where I can download music? Thank You

PC Specs

Asus Rampage IV Extreme | Intel i7 3930K @ 4.7GHz | Corsair Vengeance 1600MHz 32GB (8x4GB) | MSI GTX 980 +200MHz +200MHz | Corsair HX1050i PSU

Corsair Force 120GB SSD | Western Digital 2TB Green HDD | Corsair Carbide 500R Midtower | Random DVD Burner | Corsair H100 for CPU

I used to pirate, but than i realized how that hurt the devs ( mostly the indie ones ; i could'nt care less when i pirate something from EA)

so yea i buy all my games now.. The big problem i have here is that my cable provider doesent support hbo so i have to torrent game of thrones and such, also netflix isnt avilable in my country :S

RIG-Processor: Intel core i7 3770k @4.4GHz,Mobo: MSI Z77-G43,GPU:Gigabyte GTX 770, RAM:16 GB G-skill sniper f3,SSD: Corsair Force f3 240gb,HDD: Seagate baracuda 1TB,Cooler:CM Hyper 212 evo, Case: Sharkoon T28 Blue

Peripherals- Monitor: Samsung S24B300, Keyboard: Razer Blackwidow, Mouse: Razer Abyssus, Headphones: Razer Megalodon, Mousepad: Razer Goliathus Alpha, Webcam: Logitech C270,Pad:Logitech F710, Sp: Philips generic ones

#KILLEDMYWIFE #MAKEBOMBS

Yeah sure, those honest, not paid-for genuine game reviews...

Remember Aliens:Colonial Marines?

Remember how they embargoed the game reviews until release day, so that all the people about to be severely disappointed by the shocking attempt at a sequel to Aliens and an embarrassment to the franchise and the canon that it put into it (Example, BLIND aliens, Aliens ARE blind, they sense you using pheromones this plot piece was utter trash) couldn't do anything about it because they already opened the game and were alreayd hugely disappointed?

That game is a classic example of an embarrassment that shouldn't have happened that I'm glad I pirated and uninstalled it immediately and then did not buy.

Asus x79 Deluxe | Intel 3930k | 32GB Corsair Vengeance 1866Mhz DDR3 | 2 x 3GB EVGA 580GTX FTW Hydro Copper 2 - SLI | Xonar Essence STX | 2 x 256GB Samsung 840 Pros | 2TB Samsung F4 | CM 1300W Silent Pro Hybrid | NZXT Switch 810 - White | Phobya G-Changer 420, XSPC 280 | RP-452X2 Rev 2.0 | Monsoon 7/16 Fittings | XSPC Raystorm | Roccat Kone | QPad MK85 Pro w/ Cherry Red MX | AKG K702 Reference Headphones | TM Hotas Warthog Stick and Throttle | Saitek Combat Pro Pedals | TrackIR 5

i can't afford any game. they are too expencive for me. i barely bought my pc and do not have money to buy every game i play. for 2 years i have played and finished 72 games on PC. can't play online games, if only there are pirated versions like bad company 2 i was waiting for it for 2 years and finaly got it. now i am waiting till there will be battlefield 3 available pirated to play online but i do not know when it will be so i am still waiting...

those that do backups

I never pay for a game above 10$. As for movies, well IF a movie costs lets say 20$ then I would have to pay >$10,000..

=

i can't afford any game. they are too expencive for me. i barely bought my pc and do not have money to buy every game i play. for 2 years i have played and finished 72 games on PC. can't play online games, if only there are pirated versions like bad company 2 i was waiting for it for 2 years and finaly got it. now i am waiting till there will be battlefield 3 available pirated to play online but i do not know when it will be so i am still waiting...

come on man! If you saved 0.25$ a day then you would have 182.5$ after 2 years..

=

come on man! If you saved 0.25$ a day then you would have 182.5$ after 2 years..

what i was saving for all that time it's all in my pc hardware. some new items some used and you can see what is my pc

those that do backups

what i was saving for all that time it's all in my pc hardware. some new items some used and you can see what is my pc

then start saving again:p

=

I think the problem is that people think that they are entitled to content, and use this as a justification for piracy. They think that it is alright to do it whenever it suits them because of so called "Distribution Problems" Which is clearly a bull excuse because if you want something in life, you have to pay for it. If I wanted a car, I wouldn't steal one, I'd save up for it for ages and then get one. Just because I live on this planet, doesn't mean I'm entitled to a car.

That isn't a distribution problem.

A poor example would be that you where hungry and stole a cake (photoshop) even though you don't need it because bread (GIMP) would do.

But breaking bad would be as popular today if it wasn't pirated so much.

That isn't a distribution problem.

A poor example would be that you where hungry and stole a cake (photoshop) even though you don't need it because bread (GIMP) would do.

But breaking bad would be as popular today if it wasn't pirated so much.

what the hell is breaking bad i am hearing about it everyday in  most of the rate-capping threads

CPU: Fx 8350 | CPU Cooler: Coolermaster Hyper 212 Evo Now  AMD STOCK CPU COOLER | Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-970A-DS3 (rev 1.1)   NOW MSI 990FXA-GD80 | Ram: Corsair Vengence 8GB DDR3 Motherboard detects 7gb for some weird reason | Graphics Card: SAPPHIRE HD 7870 GHz Edition 2GB GDDR5 |  HDD: 1 TB samsung 

what the hell is breaking bad i am hearing about it everyday in  most of the rate-capping threads

breaking bad is tv show very very interesting. suggest to watch it. 

those that do backups

breaking bad is tv show very very interesting. suggest to watch it. 

ok thanks :)

So, a medium salary in romania is about $400 and, for example, BF4 costs $70 and after some simple math, bf4 it's about 18% of a monthly salary

and with all the taxes it will probably 20-25%

And this would mean that I need to use a quarter of my salary for a game?+ food+ everything else you need to live one month.

So, I shouldn't play it?

This is unfair

AMD Athlon X4 750k; Gigabyte F2A88XM-DS2; 8Gb Corsair XMS 1600 Mhz; AMD Hd5670 1Gb DDR3; Bequiet E6-600W; W7 Ultimate x64

#KILLEDMYWIFE                                                                                                                                                                                                                         so miner; very doge; much value   

Dell Vostro 5470: i5 4200U Nvidia GT740m 2Gb 14" 1366x768 Kingston V300 120Gb                                                                                              

yeah that’s pretty much what’s happening in india

So, a medium salary in romania is about $400 and, for example, BF4 costs $70 and after some simple math, bf4 it's about 18% of a monthly salary

and with all the taxes it will probably 20-25%

And this would mean that I need to use a quarter of my salary for a game?+ food+ everything else you need to live one month.

So, I shouldn't play it?

This is unfair

It really isnt unfair though. Work before play. If buying a game comes at the cost of not paying your bills or eating, you need to get your priorities straight. If it takes a few months to save up for a game then so be it.