pirateing ?

acepro71

I don't pirate games, but everything else is usually the convenience of having it pretty much instantly rather than going and buying it or relying on my connection to stream

I always buy games. Either via Steam or or just a physical copy.

I do download very old games like Zoo Tycoon or Worms.

I do download movies, if I like it, I might buy it.

I don't download music, neither do I buy it. I listen to it on Youtube

That being said, I think some people make a huge deal about piracy.

You don't actually 'steal' you get another copy. You didn't take a product from them from a store.

Also if they really cared so much they would be arresting people left and right for this.

You also have to look at the times we live in, economic crisis, people barely paying bills each month, less jobs.

Naturally when somebody needs software for school or wants some cheap entertainment they will gravitate towards piracy.

You can't just be black and white about this issue, with one side going 'I don't care, I pirate!' And the other going ' you are all evil people*

That's just not how it works, be reasonable, see that the economy needs stimulation but also that we live in tougher times.

Also people do need to buy, otherwise prices will go up. On the other hand, if they priced things reasonably, this would also be less of an issue. Who wants to spend 100+ euro to be able to occasionally type something in Word?

Then you have Netflix, great service, 8 euros per month, cheap. Would pay for it in a heartbeat if I watched series.

seen some youtubers say that they pirated when they were younger since they didn't have the money, however they were able to get into the hobby and later when they had money they were buying games (sorry for long silly sentences, phone is an annoyance to type on).

I now buy games and music (cd format because I like physical objects :) ) since I can afford too, especially when on sale.

My Rig:

OS: MSX CPU:Intel i5 4690K RAM: 16GB Averix Core Series  GPU: XFX R9 280X SSD:128GB Crucial M4 Motherboard:Gigabyte GA-Z97N Wifi Powersupply: Corsair HX750 CPU Cooler: Corsair H60i Case: Corsair 250D Monitors: Asus VE278 and Asus VW202 Keyboard: Steel Series 6G V2 Mouse: CM Sentinel Advanced Audio: Objective 2 ODAC Headphones: Senheiser HD595

I only pirate games that I want to try out. Usually buy all my games on steam.

But really it's up to the person.

I might pirate some albums and if i like them i will definitely go buy them

CPU: i5 4670k with Noctua C12P-SE14 GPU: Gigabyte GTX 770 SSD: 250gb Samsung EVO MOBO: MSI Z87-G43 RAM: 8GB G-Skill 1600mhz PSU: Antec HCG 620W CASE: Corsair 300R windowed 

I don't pirate, I think that the companies that created the media deserve the money they ask us to pay.... BUT I still think some things are a rip of and I won't pay for them on principal :D

Also I understand why people do as you know if you're broke. You're broke...

and also sticking it to 'THE MAN' haha xD

PROFILEYEAH

What do people even put in these things?

Pirating TV shows that I can legally watch but forgot to record doesn't seem illegal to me. I don't download music or software. I don't download movies. If it's something I want to own I buy it.

However, I didn't always be like that. Before Windows 7 I never paid for a license of Windows. I have a lot of music I had downloaded in the past. Thanks to spotify, pandora, rhapsody, netflix, hulu and other services I can get just about anything I want. Also open source software is really good at replacing paid software in most cases.

Here is the brochure:

SAT_truckCatering.jpg

The hell Looney? You just keep finding reasons to amaze me with your schnitzels.:D

Back to the topic: I used to download everything; music, games, movies, you name it. Now, not so much anymore. I buy all of my games on Steam now and stream my music. Movies and computer programs, however, are still being downloaded. I am considering Netflix though :P

But I have never bought any program in my life and I won't probably start doing ot any time soon.

New to Star Citizen? Look no further!

Oh and I pirated Minecraft and I bought that too. <-- Good Guy Ruke

Well, Notch has said before that if you want to pirate Minecraft, then just do it, if you have the money later then buy it.

I pay for everything except for TV shows. I just dislike paying a high fee for a TV service where I have to fit my schedule to sit there and watch it at a pre-destined time (yeah yeah I can just DVR it) but I'd rather sit at my PC where I spend 90% of my time where I can work and watch tv at the same time. If there was a online TV service where you can watch the popular shows the same day their air at a decent time (and past seasons on demand) I would happy subscribe to that for the potential of it for pc, tablets, mobile devices.

Even if it's from a big company, it still hurts someone. Makes a persons job harder, if it's a smaller company you might be making the difference between someone being able to feed their family or make rent. 

X-10 - 7980XE - Gigabyte Aorous Gaming 9 - 128GB GSkill TridentZ RGB - SLI Asus GTX 1080 TI Strix
Easy Desk GuideMalware Removal Guide - New mobo, Same OS Guide

I'm a school student and I NEED Adobe software to be able to complete my major projects to a high standard, and being a student I am not in ANY position to spend thousands on software. I'm not getting a high grade with Movie Maker. I basically need to get a copy of After Effects somehow. Let alone the amount of money I spent on the system being used to edit the darn thing.

Everything else I buy most of the time. I don't watch TV and the shows I do watch are bought by my Mum (Breaking Bad, Game of Thrones, etc), and I'm buying more music.

Fractal Design Arc Midi R2 | Intel Core i7 4790k | Gigabyte GA-Z97X-Gaming GT                              Notebook: Dell XPS 13

16GB Kingston HyperX Fury | 2x Asus GeForce GTX 680 OC SLI | Corsair H60 2013

Seasonic Platinum 1050W | 2x Samsung 840 EVO 250GB RAID 0 | WD 1TB & 2TB Green                                 dat 1080p-ness

Well, Notch has said before that if you want to pirate Minecraft, then just do it, if you have the money later then buy it.

Notch is a boss :D

| Case: NZXT Tempest 210 | CPU: Intel Core i5 3570K @ 3.9 Ghz | GPU: ASUS ROG STRIX GTX 1070 | RAM: Crucial Ballistix Tactical 8GB |

| Mouse: Zowie FK1 | Monitor: Acer 21.5' | Keyboard: CoolerMaster Stealth w/ Brown Switches |

#KilledMyWife - #LinusButtPlug - #1080penis

I'm a school student and I NEED Adobe software to be able to complete my major projects to a high standard, and being a student I am not in ANY position to spend thousands on software. I'm not getting a high grade with Movie Maker. I basically need to get a copy of After Effects somehow. Let alone the amount of money I spent on the system being used to edit the darn thing.

Schools with those kinds of educations often hand out free licenses to Autodesk / Microsoft / Adobe / Protools software, have you made sure to look into what they have to offer? At least where I went to college we could, legitimately, get free software from all the big guys, albeit those were "student" copies, not allowed to use for professional work. We could even pick up quite a few licenses for Windows 7/8.

Cheers,

Linus

I think the problem is that people think that they are entitled to content, and use this as a justification for piracy. They think that it is alright to do it whenever it suits them because of so called "Distribution Problems" Which is clearly a bull excuse because if you want something in life, you have to pay for it. If I wanted a car, I wouldn't steal one, I'd save up for it for ages and then get one. Just because I live on this planet, doesn't mean I'm entitled to a car.

To the people who think that people don't pay for the adobe products and word, I did, I played something like £250 for office 2010 pri because I needed Publisher. I know it is extortionate, but it is necessary to pay; you'd feel really bad if you made an app and was trying to sell it on the Google play store or similar, and you weren't making enough money off of it to pay our bills, you'd feel like shit.

In the past, I have pirated stuff, but then I realised it was actually quite.wrong and decided to stop doing it. If I want a movie, I will order it on DVD and then rip it onto my PC rather than download it. I just don't think people realise how much it hurts business.

Happy days anyways ;)

Compatible with Windows 95

I download everything. I only buy humble bundles. I will buy stuff in the future when I'll be able to actually afford it.

Sent from my GSmart Aku A1 using Tapatalk

Case: Xigmatek Alfar (Black) | CPU: Intel Core i5 4460 @3.2GHz | MoBo: Gigabyte GA-Z87-D3HP | RAM: Crucial Ballistix Sport 8GB 1600MHz | GFX: Gigabyte GTX 660Ti 2GB
Cooler: beQuiet! Shadow Rock | SSD: Samsung 840 EVO 120GB | HDD: Seagate 'Barracuda' 2TB| OS: Windows 8.1 PRO (64-bit) | PSU: Zalman ZM600-GT 600W 80+ Bronze
 Screen: ASUS VS228 | Mouse: Razer Naga Molten | Headphones: Qpad QH-85 | Keyboard: Razer Blackwidow 2013 w/ Cherry MX Blue

stuff.png

Probably moving in on 1TB+ of pirated stuff now, just on this PC, lifetime? Probably close to 10TB+

I also buy a ton of things too though, I have 60+ games in my steam library that I paid for, I've spent $400+ on League of Legends and I mostly pirate movies and TV shows now. I don't feel bad, I see it as sharing, these companies get recognized more when people use their stuff for free, I know I've bought numerous games after pirating them. 

I do not pirate anything or use a VPN.

Rig CPU Intel i5 3570K at 4.2 GHz - MB MSI Z77A-GD55 - RAM Kingston 8GB 1600 mhz - GPU XFX 7870 Double D - Keyboard Logitech G710+

Case Corsair 600T - Storage Intel 330 120GB, WD Blue 1TB - CPU Cooler Noctua NH-D14 - Displays Dell U2312HM, Asus VS228, Acer AL1715

Pirated GTA V for 360. I'll be buying it as soon as R* has a release for PC. Until then they can't get my money. Once again, distribution problem rather than a money or sense of entitlement. Netflix and Steam has single handedly eliminated 99.999% of the piracy in my life. 

Desert Storm PC | Corsair 600T | ASUS Sabertooth 990FX AM3+ | AMD FX-8350 | MSI 7950 TFIII | 16GB Corsair Vengeance 1600 | Seasonic X650W I Samsung 840 series 500GB SSD

Mobile Devices I ASUS Zenbook UX31E I Nexus 7 (2013) I Nexus 5 32GB (red)

I pirate movies (buy them if they are any good, I'm not paying £10 for a 1hour30min movie that may turn out to be total pants, I have a big dvd/blue-ray collection so yeh)

I pirate Tv shows (kinda impossible to watch them on TV and my internet is too slow to stream netflix etc)

I pirate games (to try them, then buy if they are any good)

Out of curiosity, which ISP are you on, and what is your speed?

Compatible with Windows 95

I'm neutral about piracy but it is still stealing.

If you want to join a really cool Discord chatroom with some great guys here from LTT and outside this community then PM me!

Schools with those kinds of educations often hand out free licenses to Autodesk / Microsoft / Adobe / Protools software, have you made sure to look into what they have to offer? At least where I went to college we could, legitimately, get free software from all the big guys, albeit those were "student" copies, not allowed to use for professional work. We could even pick up quite a few licenses for Windows 7/8.

We have PCs at school with Autodesk and Adobe software but I don't get enough time on them. I can get Adobe student licenses but they still cost in the hundreds. Autodesk on the otherhand DO have free student licenses.

Fractal Design Arc Midi R2 | Intel Core i7 4790k | Gigabyte GA-Z97X-Gaming GT                              Notebook: Dell XPS 13

16GB Kingston HyperX Fury | 2x Asus GeForce GTX 680 OC SLI | Corsair H60 2013

Seasonic Platinum 1050W | 2x Samsung 840 EVO 250GB RAID 0 | WD 1TB & 2TB Green                                 dat 1080p-ness

We also have unlimited fiber :P

Do you want a brochure?

Or shall I just call the house-moving company straight away?

Fudge the house movers; I'm already on a private jet over. You can ship my stuff later, along with the GF and family. Or maybe they don't have to come. Probably better that way. More fiber for the internet addicts. Can I sign up for your internet on the plane? And why don't you pick out a house for. :D

Desktop: KiRaShi-Intel-2022 (i5-12600K, RTX2060) Mobile: OnePlus 5T | Koodo - 75GB Data + Data Rollover for $45/month
Laptop: Dell XPS 15 9560 (the real 15" MacBook Pro that Apple didn't make) Tablet: iPad Mini 5 | Lenovo IdeaPad Duet 10.1
Camera: Canon M6 Mark II | Canon Rebel T1i (500D) | Canon SX280 | Panasonic TS20D Music: Spotify Premium (CIRCA '08)