Don't update to iOS 10 yet *FIXED*

GhostT2K

According to Technobuffalo.com “iPhones have been getting bricked from the recent update” [1]. I have had iOS 10 on my iPhone 6s since the public beta. I watch a lot of youtube and netflix on my phone and the only issue I have had is the phone dying when I'm at 20-30% while streaming. Anyone else having this issue with the new update? 

Update 9/14 - "Apple has issued an official statement saying it’s already resolved the issue. The company claims it only affected a “small number of users” in the first hour that iOS 10 was available" [1]

Works Cited:

[1] J. Kleinman, "iOS 10 is bricking iPhones, don’t update yet!," 13 Sep 2016. [Online]. Available: http://www.technobuffalo.com/2016/09/13/ios-10-bricking-iphones/. [Accessed 13 Sep 2016].

the bug is limited to users who have downloaded the 10.0 update whenever the 10.0.1 update is available. (it runs into a verification issue)

if your phone downloaded the 10.0 update via OTA then don't finish the update process, use iTunes so you don't brick it. 

If it downloaded the 10.0.1 update, then all is well. 

"If a Lobster is a fish because it moves by jumping, then a kangaroo is a bird" - Admiral Paulo de Castro Moreira da Silva

"There is nothing more difficult than fixing something that isn't all the way broken yet." - Author Unknown

Spoiler

Intel Core i7-3960X @ 4.6 GHz - Asus P9X79WS/IPMI - 12GB DDR3-1600 quad-channel - EVGA GTX 1080ti SC - Fractal Design Define R5 - 500GB Crucial MX200 - NH-D15 - Logitech G710+ - Mionix Naos 7000 - Sennheiser PC350 w/Topping VX-1

@GhostT2K please include a quote from that article

like this

To comply with the tech news guidelines :)

Personally, I'm not surprised there's issues... Apple's quality control seems to have been on the decline since Jobs "left", and the fact they didn't have this ready to ship with the iPhone 7 suggests they rushed it and still missed the deadline by a bit.

@themctipers

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

It doesn't affect iTunes updates though, it's only the OTA:

http://www.macrumors.com/2016/09/13/ios-10-update-bricking-iphones-and-ipads/

This isn't a hard brick as well, it's a soft brick you can recover using iTunes.

Ohh also update your post to meet the guidelines so it doesn't get moved out:

If you want to reply back to me or someone else USE THE QUOTE BUTTON!                                                      
Pascal laptops guide

I like to live dangerously. Gonna update.

9900K  / Noctua NH-D15S / Z390 Aorus Master / 32GB DDR4 Vengeance Pro 3200Mhz / eVGA 2080 Ti Black Ed / Morpheus II Core / Meshify C / LG 27UK650-W / PS4 Pro / XBox One X

I've had iOS 10 on my 5s since the public beta, but it never died.

Spoiler

Quiet Whirl | CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700X Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Mobo: MSI B450 TOMAHAWK MAX RAM: HyperX Fury RGB 32GB (2x16GB) DDR4 3200 Mhz Graphics card: MSI GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER GAMING X TRIO PSU: Corsair RMx Series RM550x Case: Be quiet! Pure Base 600

Buffed HPHP ProBook 430 G4 | CPU: Intel Core i3-7100U RAM: 4GB DDR4 2133Mhz GPU: Intel HD 620 SSD: Some 128GB M.2 SATA

Retired:

Melting plastic | Lenovo IdeaPad Z580 | CPU: Intel Core i7-3630QM RAM: 8GB DDR3 GPU: nVidia GeForce GTX 640M HDD: Western Digital 1TB

The Roaring Beast | CPU: Intel Core i5 4690 (BCLK @ 104MHz = 4,05GHz) Cooler: Akasa X3 Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-Z97-D3H RAM: Kingston 16GB DDR3 (2x8GB) Graphics card: Gigabyte GTX 970 4GB (Core: +130MHz, Mem: +230MHz) SSHD: Seagate 1TB SSD: Samsung 850 Evo 500GB HHD: WD Red 4TB PSU: Fractal Design Essence 500W Case: Zalman Z11 Plus

50 minutes ago, Ryan_Vickers said:

Personally, I'm not surprised there's issues... Apple's quality control seems to have been on the decline since Jobs "left", and the fact they didn't have this ready to ship with the iPhone 7 suggests they rushed it and still missed the deadline by a bit.

They did have it ready to ship, the GM version of 10.0.1 was available since the 7th, which is how it has always been. (without the .0.1)

I can't comment on Q.A/Quality Control though. 

But thankfully it doesn't fully brick and it can be restored through iTunes. 

But no concern to me seeing as I hate using iOS without my jailbreak, so I wont be updating because by the time a jailbreak comes out for iOS 10 I probably would have switched to a Note 7. 

i5 4690k | GTX 980Ti G1 Gaming | 16GB RAM | MSI Z97 Gaming 7 | NZXT Kraken X61 | 850 EVO 250GB x2  | 1TB 850 Evo NZXT Noctis 450 | EVGA 750W 80+ Gold

Ducky Shine 3 TKL (Browns) | LG 34UC87C | Logitech MX Master ATH-M50x's + DT990 Pro's 

Is it just me or is this becoming a trend with iphone launches? Didn't iOS 8 also do this?

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

57 minutes ago, Valermos said:

I like to live dangerously. Gonna update.

Installing it now. See you on the other side or in line @ Apple care.

9900K  / Noctua NH-D15S / Z390 Aorus Master / 32GB DDR4 Vengeance Pro 3200Mhz / eVGA 2080 Ti Black Ed / Morpheus II Core / Meshify C / LG 27UK650-W / PS4 Pro / XBox One X

22 minutes ago, Valermos said:

Installing it now. See you on the other side or in line @ Apple care.

Did you dieded?

1 hour ago, Ryan_Vickers said:

@GhostT2K please include a quote from that article

To comply with the tech news guidelines :)

@themctipers

Yes it does. I've notified terrible issues with iOS 8 on my iPad Air (A7, one gen behind A8 which was top back then) and my 6s+ has been suttering on iOS 9.1 and above until 9.3.3. That is stable for me so far. 

Also the main problem is that there's no jailbreak

Ryzen 5 3600 stock | 2x16GB C13 3200MHz (AFR) | GTX 760 (Sold the VII)| ASUS Prime X570-P | 6TB WD Gold (128MB Cache, 2017)

Samsung 850 EVO 240 GB 

138 is a good number.

21 minutes ago, Matu20 said:

Did you dieded?

I lived! lol!

iPhone 6 Plus, installed without a hitch.

Why would anyone have an iPhone in the first place?

2 minutes ago, Valermos said:

I lived! lol!

iPhone 6 Plus, installed without a hitch.

Had me worried there, I'm glad.

I just updated my 6 plus through iTunes, and my phone actually seems to run faster...lol. I thought it was supposed to run slower when you update.

Main Rig "Rocinante" - Ryzen 9 5900X, EVGA FTW3 RTX 3080 Ultra Gaming, 32GB 3600MHz DDR4

Updated my 6S OTA. No issues whatsoever. Update done in less than 20 minutes. I'm loving the new widget screen so far..

Just watched EVPAP video on this topic, some users claim its patched and he claims there should be a micro patch for the likes of it tomorrow.

Groomlake Authority

upgrade with itunes and you'll be fine

2017 Macbook Pro 15 inch