Don't update to iOS 10 yet *FIXED*

GhostT2K

I've had ios10 beta since developer beta. Have yet to see a single bug (iOS9 beta was a complete shitstorm though)

4 hours ago, keNNySOC said:

Good,since no one uses apple now you can kill me

peps use apple

10.0.1 here. Running smooth. ??

CPU: Intel Core i7 7820X Cooling: Corsair Hydro Series H110i GTX Mobo: MSI X299 Gaming Pro Carbon AC RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 (3000MHz/16GB 2x8) SSD: 2x Samsung 850 Evo (250/250GB) + Samsung 850 Pro (512GB) GPU: NVidia GeForce GTX 1080 Ti FE (W/ EVGA Hybrid Kit) Case: Corsair Graphite Series 760T (Black) PSU: SeaSonic Platinum Series (860W) Monitor: Acer Predator XB241YU (165Hz / G-Sync) Fan Controller: NZXT Sentry Mix 2 Case Fans: Intake - 2x Noctua NF-A14 iPPC-3000 PWM / Radiator - 2x Noctua NF-A14 iPPC-3000 PWM / Rear Exhaust - 1x Noctua NF-F12 iPPC-3000 PWM

3 hours ago, lots of unexplainable lag said:

iPhone 6s with 10.0.1 here, no issues.

The bug is 

58 minutes ago, VagabondWraith said:

10.0.1 here. Running smooth. ??

with version 10.0....

Motherboard  ROG Strix B350-F Gaming | CPU Ryzen 5 1600 | GPU Sapphire Radeon RX 480 Nitro+ OC  | RAM Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3000MHz 2x8Gb | OS Drive  Crucial MX300 525Gb M.2 | WiFi Card  ASUS PCE-AC68 | Case Switch 810 Gunmetal Grey SE | Storage WD 1.5tb, SanDisk Ultra 3D 500Gb, Samsung 840 EVO 120Gb | NAS Solution Synology 413j 8TB (6TB with 2TB redundancy using Synology Hybrid RAID) | Keyboard SteelSeries APEX | Mouse Razer Naga MMO Edition Green | Fan Controller Sentry LXE | Screens Sony 43" TV | Sound Logitech 5.1 X530

16 hours ago, Ryan_Vickers said:

Personally, I'm not surprised there's issues... Apple's quality control seems to have been on the decline since Jobs "left"

Exactly. 

If it is not broken, let's fix till it is. 

16 hours ago, Ryan_Vickers said:

@GhostT2K please include a quote from that article

To comply with the tech news guidelines :)

Personally, I'm not surprised there's issues... Apple's quality control seems to have been on the decline since Jobs "left", and the fact they didn't have this ready to ship with the iPhone 7 suggests they rushed it and still missed the deadline by a bit.

@themctipers

Since Jobs left they haven't got anything to show for. They relied on Jobs creativity, now they have one or two innovation wave to show for if they don't find someone who can truly replace him..

Sometimes one man is essential to a company

17 hours ago, GhostT2K said:

According to Technobuffalo.com “iPhones have been getting bricked from the recent update” [1]. I have had iOS 10 on my iPhone 6s since the public beta. I watch a lot of youtube and netflix on my phone and the only issue I have had is the phone dying when I'm at 20-30% while streaming. Anyone else having this issue with the new update? 

Works Cited:

[1] J. Kleinman, "iOS 10 is bricking iPhones, don’t update yet!," 13 Sep 2016. [Online]. Available: http://www.technobuffalo.com/2016/09/13/ios-10-bricking-iphones/. [Accessed 13 Sep 2016].

yo, i dont do iphones/ipods anymore since like the 4th gen but to my knowledge they FORCE you to update by not giving you access to updates for certain apps or try to throw that shit on you whenever you plug it in,  and if you have to restore it or something they will force the update on you then too

18 hours ago, Ryan_Vickers said:

Personally, I'm not surprised there's issues... Apple's quality control seems to have been on the decline since Jobs "left", and the fact they didn't have this ready to ship with the iPhone 7 suggests they rushed it and still missed the deadline by a bit.

I admit Quality control have declined over the years for Apple especially since iOS 7, but iOS 10 seems to be rock solid in stability. I had no glitches whatsoever on my iPad. Wasn't  the case with both iOS 8 & 9

And PS OP, the bricking issue was fixed by Apple few hours after this went widespread, so you probably should update the title

On 9/13/2016 at 0:30 PM, GhostT2K said:

According to Technobuffalo.com “iPhones have been getting bricked from the recent update” [1]. I have had iOS 10 on my iPhone 6s since the public beta. I watch a lot of youtube and netflix on my phone and the only issue I have had is the phone dying when I'm at 20-30% while streaming. Anyone else having this issue with the new update? 

Update 9/14 - "Apple has issued an official statement saying it’s already resolved the issue. The company claims it only affected a “small number of users” in the first hour that iOS 10 was available" [1]

Works Cited:

[1] J. Kleinman, "iOS 10 is bricking iPhones, don’t update yet!," 13 Sep 2016. [Online]. Available: http://www.technobuffalo.com/2016/09/13/ios-10-bricking-iphones/. [Accessed 13 Sep 2016].

Sorry if I wasn't clear about the typical posting standards.  Here is an example of a typical news thread:

You don't need scholarly-style references or anything, but just a source link, quote, opinion, and maybe a picture.  You still just need the quote ;)

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

19 hours ago, RedRound2 said:

I admit Quality control have declined over the years for Apple especially since iOS 7, but iOS 10 seems to be rock solid in stability. I had no glitches whatsoever on my iPad. Wasn't  the case with both iOS 8 & 9

And PS OP, the bricking issue was fixed by Apple few hours after this went widespread, so you probably should update the title

I've heard A LOT of people having issues with the latest OS X (I refuse to call it MacOS) updates, especially with El Capitan. Then again, QC wasn't exactly the best when Jobs was still around, what with the 2011 MacBook Pro recall.

4 hours ago, shdowhunt60 said:

I've heard A LOT of people having issues with the latest OS X (I refuse to call it MacOS) updates, especially with El Capitan. Then again, QC wasn't exactly the best when Jobs was still around, what with the 2011 MacBook Pro recall.

You can't blame apple fully on hardware issues. There are alot of people in the process and I believe you are referring to the GPU issue which was AMD's problem.

For software however they are fully responsible 

Mac on the other hand was personally pretty solid from the beginning. I remember mountain lion, mavericks, yosemite and el capitan and all were pretty solid from the beginning itself. 

And mind you sierra haven't released to the public yet so it's still in late beta stages and the reports you heard were probably the very early ones which is to be expected

51 minutes ago, RedRound2 said:

You can't blame apple fully on hardware issues. There are alot of people in the process and I believe you are referring to the GPU issue which was AMD's problem.

For software however they are fully responsible 

Mac on the other hand was personally pretty solid from the beginning. I remember mountain lion, mavericks, yosemite and el capitan and all were pretty solid from the beginning itself. 

And mind you sierra haven't released to the public yet so it's still in late beta stages and the reports you heard were probably the very early ones which is to be expected

I started using OS X with Leopard, and it was great back then too. The only issue I've had with OS X over the last ten years was there was some bug in Mavericks that would occasionally cause my laptop to soft crash when I ran out of RAM. 

PSU Tier List | CoC

Gaming Build | FreeNAS Server

Spoiler

i5-4690k || Seidon 240m || GTX780 ACX || MSI Z97s SLI Plus || 8GB 2400mhz || 250GB 840 Evo || 1TB WD Blue || H440 (Black/Blue) || Windows 10 Pro || Dell P2414H & BenQ XL2411Z || Ducky Shine Mini || Logitech G502 Proteus Core

Spoiler

FreeNAS 9.3 - Stable || Xeon E3 1230v2 || Supermicro X9SCM-F || 32GB Crucial ECC DDR3 || 3x4TB WD Red (JBOD) || SYBA SI-PEX40064 sata controller || Corsair CX500m || NZXT Source 210.

3 hours ago, RedRound2 said:

That was fully on Apple actually, because Apple has this incredibly smart cooling design for all their shit where they allow the components to just get absolutely boiling hot before actually doing anything.

1 hour ago, shdowhunt60 said:

That was fully on Apple actually, because Apple has this incredibly smart cooling design for all their shit where they allow the components to just get absolutely boiling hot before actually doing anything.

Do you have any proof for that statement?

Or are you just inferring that from how thermal throttled the new MacBook is. For the record, the Intel M processors were meant to be passively cooled so it's Intel fault that their 1st gen passive cooled chip ran into a lot of thermal throttling issues

And the GPU issue

The lawsuit claims that the defect in the 2011 MacBook Pro comes from the lead-free solder that's used to connect one of the processing chips to the main circuit board in the computer. According to the complaint, the frequent changes in temperature that occur while using the MacBook Pro cause the lead-free solder to crack, which in turn causes the graphics issues as described above.

And we all know that GPU keep varying in temperature from like 80 degrees to 50 degrees all the time, therefore it seems pretty clear that it is a manufacturing mistake and not the design's fault. And btw, they have been using the similar design for a while now and none of the other models seems to have any thermal issues, so its definitely not the design