Why always red? Why not blue

I've seen a lot of companies going for overall red themed. Look at ASUS ROG, MSI with their red logo and red product. Why Red?

I am not talking about some neutral colors like black and white

Red is known for its evilness, hot/heat and basically looks powerful but why not blue? I had hard time finding blue components for a build. 

An example for a very popular mobo that uses 1151 socket (let's say the best gaming cpu i7-6700K)

http://pcpartpicker.com/products/motherboard/#s=30&C=10,23,26,28,29&qq=1

Only 8 blue mobo. 2 ATX size. 1 that is super pricey and leaving with the only blue option

For video editing with 2011-3 socket 

http://pcpartpicker.com/products/motherboard/#C=10,23,26,28,29&s=28&sort=a8&page=1

As you see it has more but it's only different types of same ASRock X99 Extreme

I feel like there are certain color discrimination here? No, don't take it serious it's a joke. I am just a person who doesn't want to get his hands wet by custom paining stuff. 

Not even mobo but look at gpu. You see a lot of black, white and red. Hard to find something blue

because it used to be the other way around. Green is next, I guarantee it 

muh specs 

Gaming and HTPC (reparations)- ASUS 1080, MSI X99A SLI Plus, 5820k- 4.5GHz @ 1.25v, asetek based 360mm AIO, RM 1000x, 16GB memory, 750D with front USB 2.0 replaced with 3.0  ports, 2 250GB 850 EVOs in Raid 0 (why not, only has games on it), some hard drives

Screens- Acer preditor XB241H (1080p, 144Hz Gsync), LG 1080p ultrawide, (all mounted) directly wired to TV in other room

Stuff- k70 with reds, steel series rival, g13, full desk covering mouse mat

All parts black

Workstation(desk)- 3770k, 970 reference, 16GB of some crucial memory, a motherboard of some kind I don't remember, Micomsoft SC-512N1-L/DVI, CM Storm Trooper (It's got a handle, can you handle that?), 240mm Asetek based AIO, Crucial M550 256GB (upgrade soon), some hard drives, disc drives, and hot swap bays

Screens- 3  ASUS VN248H-P IPS 1080p screens mounted on a stand, some old tv on the wall above it. 

Stuff- Epicgear defiant (solderless swappable switches), g600, moutned mic and other stuff. 

Laptop docking area- 2 1440p korean monitors mounted, one AHVA matte, one samsung PLS gloss (very annoying, yes). Trashy Razer blackwidow chroma...I mean like the J key doesn't click anymore. I got a model M i use on it to, but its time for a new keyboard. Some edgy Utechsmart mouse similar to g600. Hooked to laptop dock for both of my dell precision laptops. (not only docking area)

Shelf- i7-2600 non-k (has vt-d), 380t, some ASUS sandy itx board, intel quad nic. Currently hosts shared files, setting up as pfsense box in VM. Also acts as spare gaming PC with a 580 or whatever someone brings. Hooked into laptop dock area via usb switch

I'm still waiting for a white PCB with blue trim.

Cor Caeruleus Reborn v6

Spoiler

CPU: Intel - Core i7-8700K

CPU Cooler: be quiet! - PURE ROCK 
Thermal Compound: Arctic Silver - 5 High-Density Polysynthetic Silver 3.5g Thermal Paste 
Motherboard: ASRock Z370 Extreme4
Memory: G.Skill TridentZ RGB 2x8GB 3200/14
Storage: Samsung - 850 EVO-Series 500GB 2.5" Solid State Drive 
Storage: Samsung - 960 EVO 500GB M.2-2280 Solid State Drive
Storage: Western Digital - Blue 2TB 3.5" 5400RPM Internal Hard Drive
Storage: Western Digital - BLACK SERIES 3TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive
Video Card: EVGA - 970 SSC ACX (1080 is in RMA)
Case: Fractal Design - Define R5 w/Window (Black) ATX Mid Tower Case
Power Supply: EVGA - SuperNOVA P2 750W with CableMod blue/black Pro Series
Optical Drive: LG - WH16NS40 Blu-Ray/DVD/CD Writer 
Operating System: Microsoft - Windows 10 Pro OEM 64-bit and Linux Mint Serena
Keyboard: Logitech - G910 Orion Spectrum RGB Wired Gaming Keyboard
Mouse: Logitech - G502 Wired Optical Mouse
Headphones: Logitech - G430 7.1 Channel  Headset
Speakers: Logitech - Z506 155W 5.1ch Speakers

6 minutes ago, Rune said:

In the future, you won't have any color at all. Just RGB as far as the eye can see.

Am I he only one who really doesn't like rgb? I like my PCs theme to be subtle, and not look like Times Square. 

******If you paste in text into your post, please click the "remove formatting" button for night theme users.******

CPU- Intel 6700k OC to 4.69 Ghz GPU- NVidia Geforce GTX 970 (MSI) RAM- 16gb DDR4 2400 SSD-2x500gb samsung 850 EVO(SATA) Raid 0 HDD- 2tb Seagate Case- H440 Red w/ custom lighting Motherboard - MSI Z170 Gaming A OS- Windows 10 Mouse- Razer Naga Epic Chroma, Final Mouse 2016 turney proKeyboard- Corsair k70 Cherry MX brown

I'm still waiting for companies to release Noctua color themed components. I don't know why they haven't done it yet.

CPU: Intel Core i9-10900K  MOBO: ROG MAXIMUS XII FORMULA GPU: 2080ti Hall of Fame 10th anniversary limited edition  PSU: Asus ROG THOR 1200W  COOLER: Optimus foundation black acetal RADS: 3x EKWB CoolStream PE 360  LOOP: EKWB torque HDC fittings / EKWB ZMT 15,9/9,5mm / EKWB CryoFuel Clear MONITOR: Acer predator X34

Yeah my next build will be using the MSI Pro Gaming Carbon or whatever it is. (2011-3). its all black but has RGB so when I change my setup I don't have to spend $300 on a new board

Breaking things 1 day at a time

5 minutes ago, bgibbz said:

Am I he only one who really doesn't like rgb? I like my PCs theme to be subtle, and not look like Times Square. 

I like RGB because if you decide that red is trash one day you can just switch to your new favorite color. I don't do all the rainbow stuff though. Sometimes it looks good

Red and Yellow trigger the brain, along with Green.

If you look at the pyschology of colors on the human brain then you would understand.

You can also look at why sale signs are of a certain color.

Walmart might be a good example, but I watched a W5 tv show on CBC about the colors and thats what they said.

Just now, TubsAlwaysWins said:

I like RGB because if you decide that red is trash one day you can just switch to your new favorite color. I don't do all the rainbow stuff though. Sometimes it looks good

Ehh maybe. I personally like things to look very subtle, like some keyboard or mouse lighting is fine, or the logo lighting on gpu and CPU cooler is fine. Even some subtle motherboard lighting can be cool. But when people load up there machines with rgb light strips and rgb back plates and whatever other rgb stuff exists then it becomes hugely overkill. I've seen systems that look like they are designed to grow weed becuase of how much light is pouring out of the case window. 

******If you paste in text into your post, please click the "remove formatting" button for night theme users.******

CPU- Intel 6700k OC to 4.69 Ghz GPU- NVidia Geforce GTX 970 (MSI) RAM- 16gb DDR4 2400 SSD-2x500gb samsung 850 EVO(SATA) Raid 0 HDD- 2tb Seagate Case- H440 Red w/ custom lighting Motherboard - MSI Z170 Gaming A OS- Windows 10 Mouse- Razer Naga Epic Chroma, Final Mouse 2016 turney proKeyboard- Corsair k70 Cherry MX brown

Just now, bgibbz said:

Ehh maybe. I personally like things to look very subtle, like some keyboard or mouse lighting is fine, or the logo lighting on gpu and CPU cooler is fine. Even some subtle motherboard lighting can be cool. But when people load up there machines with rgb light strips and rgb back plates and whatever other rgb stuff exists then it becomes hugely overkill. I've seen systems that look like they are designed to grow weed becuase of how much light is pouring out of the case window. 

Lol good point

I'm partial to a medium/dark grey and copper.  I have liked it for a while: 

9Wo2E1I.png81c9dd84025e7125c9a3340a55bac1f6.1600.jp

Would probably do the white as a secondary accent as well.  ...and yes, I know that is more orange than copper.

1 hour ago, bgibbz said:

7SsNjTI.jpg

Fabulous (color, if not cable management at the moment) mother****er.

Just now, Rune said:

7SsNjTI.jpg

o meh gerd!!!!!!!!!!

Just think of a color you would like a $85,000 2017 Suburban, or $175,000 2017 Range Rover.

For me I like Silver.

You can also look in your cloths closet and see what the majority of your cloths colors are.

For me its blue.

For a computer, I dont see the point in colors. A black case and leave it under the desk.

Its not high school you know. Its like those people that buy a low rider car, a single speed bump and they are stuck, or 4" of snow.

You go to a 3rd world country with flash and bling and see how long you last.

I like red for the backlight of my keyboard.  Is not intrusive, but the only color that isn't intrusive while staying clear to read.  My G110 defaults to blue and the letters are fuzzy and hard to read in blue.

Rgb is awesome, I always wondered why asus went for black and red all the time, its kind of their republic of gamers colour theme but it makes you think amd, even though their nvidia cards are black and red. I wonder if its so they get all the amd radeon fans, plus they get to sell their nvidia cards to match? Hmm

Edited by Adam1984

I always go complimentary colors, I have a blue build with black + orange mobo and orange + black gpu.

Color theory my dude 

"Better to be bad at video games than mad at video games" - BadAtVideogamesMan

10 hours ago, Rune said:

7SsNjTI.jpg

But can it run Crysis?

12 hours ago, TubsAlwaysWins said:

RGB Rainbow so I can hashtag #gaypride