Why always red? Why not blue

Gigabyte used to make blue stuff and they've always had orange for their OC stuff, their gaming used to be green but is now red instead

MSI also does a lot of black and has yellow as well on their OC stuff

ASRock I believe still does mainly blue

CPU: Intel i7 5820K @ 4.20 GHz | MotherboardMSI X99S SLI PLUS | RAM: Corsair LPX 16GB DDR4 @ 2666MHz | GPU: Sapphire R9 Fury (x2 CrossFire)
Storage: Samsung 950Pro 512GB // OCZ Vector150 240GB // Seagate 1TB | PSU: Seasonic 1050 Snow Silent | Case: NZXT H440 | Cooling: Nepton 240M
FireStrike // Extreme // Ultra // 8K // 16K

RGB, flashy and agressive pcs, all that shit bugs the hell out of me.

I just want a sleek nice looking box, is that so much to ask for? Like my laptop is just matte grey and it's great.

1 hour ago, Brian McKee said:

RGB, flashy and agressive pcs, all that shit bugs the hell out of me.

I just want a sleek nice looking box, is that so much to ask for? Like my laptop is just matte grey and it's great.

Its a matter of personal taste though isnt it, nobody can dictate whats better. I personally prefer matte sleek looking stuff but I dont see the point in having a go at other designs. Some of those flashy pcs look great too I think

Blue theme came and went. It was during Sandy Bridge. There not part of any specific series like ROG, Gaming, etc, so they change color with every new generation Intel releases a new CPU.

Intel Xeon E5 1650 v3 @ 3.5GHz 6C:12T / CM212 Evo / Asus X99 Deluxe / 16GB (4x4GB) DDR4 3000 Trident-Z / Samsung 850 Pro 256GB / Intel 335 240GB / WD Red 2 & 3TB / Antec 850w / RTX 2070 / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy X360 15: Intel Core i5 8250U @ 1.6GHz 4C:8T / 8GB DDR4 / Intel UHD620 + Nvidia GeForce MX150 4GB / Intel 120GB SSD / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy x360 BP series Intel 8th gen

AMD ThreadRipper 2!

5820K & 6800K 3-way SLI mobo support list

My PC is black, no lighting, no RGB, no colored components, no glass. Just pure function.

It is because with red, the component reflects lower energy photons and absorbs the high energy ones (blue is higher energy than red).

With blue you will reflect the high energy photons and absorb the low energy ones, this leaves you with less energy than red. Black is the best because it absorbs all photons.

When the component absorbs more energy it will have more power to overclock.

nvm my dumb post, im just bored.

We've now got three different subjects going on, an Asian fox and motorbike fetish, two guys talking about Norway invasions and then some other people talking about body building... This thread is turning into a free for all fetish infested Norwegian circle jerk.

16 hours ago, dexxterlab97 said:

OP

I guess the problem is not everybody care about color schemes, and companies compete for the attentions of those who do care when choosing colors. If a majority of color-mindful consumers like a particular color, all manufacturers will try to have their most expensive motherboards in that color as well. There are some "trade-mark colors", like ASRock OC formula being yellow, or Asus Sabertooth being some military brownish stuff (although they're shifting to white), but then you can track the market segments they go for. In the AM3+ platform, Asus and ASRock had blue motherboards, but their ROG or Fatal1ty lineups were red an black, MSI gaming red and black, Gigabyte gaming red as well.. it was like "gamers=red". Outside the gamer-targeted boards, no red :P They knew not every gamer wanted red, but you don't make money by getting the minority (unless you have no chance with the majority). I don't know if it was too costly to offer the same mobos in different colors, just like cars.

If fashion changes and gamers want, I don't know, customizable leds everywhere? Then all boards become freaking christmas trees.

Isn't it something as simple as - Most technological products nowadays are preferred in the colour black then they are to white?

And that red accents with black much better then blue does, in the same way that blue accents with white a lot better then red does?

What I'm saying is "Isn't it, why always black? why not white instead?"

If it makes any sense, red does not dilate pupils as much as other colours, so it's less disturbing to look at during night.  This is why car stop lights are red, pro camera screens can have red letters, good quality telescopes have red electronics and anything that should be used during the night is red coloured.

This is why i hate razer's green leds on keyboards.

2 hours ago, NumLock21 said:

Blue theme came and went. It was during Sandy Bridge. There not part of any specific series like ROG, Gaming, etc, so they change color with every new generation Intel releases a new CPU.

That is true about the sandy bridge stuff being about blue, however republic of gamers has nearly always got red in it and is usually red and black, I would say this theme at least stemmed from rog in some way. Some of the 1151 boards from asus are black and white or just black

5 minutes ago, Adam1984 said:

That is true about the sandy bridge stuff being about blue, however republic of gamers has nearly always got red in it and is usually red and black, I would say this theme at least stemmed from rog in some way. Some of the 1151 boards from asus are black and white or just black

Asus ROG has a specific color theme of black/red with recent boards getting a slightly new color of grey/red. The only full black from them are is the ROG Black Edition. The rest of the Asus board do not belong in ROG, they're part of their standard line up,so color theme changes, depending on what they can come up with.

Yes other manufacture has taken that black/red "gaming" color for their boards, but they haven't set a dedicated series, they're just mixed with the rest of the line up. Gigabyte's OC has a specific color theme of black/orange and MSI's OC series is black/yellow.

Intel Xeon E5 1650 v3 @ 3.5GHz 6C:12T / CM212 Evo / Asus X99 Deluxe / 16GB (4x4GB) DDR4 3000 Trident-Z / Samsung 850 Pro 256GB / Intel 335 240GB / WD Red 2 & 3TB / Antec 850w / RTX 2070 / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy X360 15: Intel Core i5 8250U @ 1.6GHz 4C:8T / 8GB DDR4 / Intel UHD620 + Nvidia GeForce MX150 4GB / Intel 120GB SSD / Win10 Pro x64

AMD ThreadRipper 2!

6 hours ago, dexxterlab97 said:

RGB Rainbow so I can hashtag #gaypride

lol

Breaking things 1 day at a time

2 hours ago, byalexandr said:

Why not both?

DSC_0160.png

(my rig)

(needs a new cooler)

I see more red than blue

26 minutes ago, NumLock21 said:

Asus ROG has a specific color theme of black/red with recent boards getting a slightly new color of grey/red. The only full black from them are is the ROG Black Edition. The rest of the Asus board do not belong in ROG, they're part of their standard line up,so color theme changes, depending on what they can come up with.

Yes other manufacture has taken that black/red "gaming" color for their boards, but they haven't set a dedicated series, they're just mixed with the rest of the line up. Gigabyte's OC has a specific color theme of black/orange and MSI's OC series is black/yellow.

And no blue

2 hours ago, 5hepard said:

Isn't it something as simple as - Most technological products nowadays are preferred in the colour black then they are to white?

And that red accents with black much better then blue does, in the same way that blue accents with white a lot better then red does?

What I'm saying is "Isn't it, why always black? why not white instead?"

Black and white is neutral. I said before. 

Just now, dexxterlab97 said:

Black and white is neutral. I said before. 

Black and white if just for now, they will change with the next gen of CPUs.

AMD ThreadRipper 2!

19 hours ago, Syntaxvgm said:

because it used to be the other way around. Green is next, I guarantee it 

You sure it's not going to be orange? Gigabyte really seems to be pushing orange right now.

I like Blue..we need more Blue! 

85PllOk.jpg

ua2U1Fu.jpg

PS: Why the Hell is Image Upload still dont working???

CPU i7 6700k MB  MSI Z170A Pro Carbon GPU Zotac GTX980Ti amp!extreme RAM 16GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance 3k CASE Corsair 760T PSU Corsair RM750i MOUSE Logitech G9x KB Logitech G910 HS Sennheiser GSP 500 SC Asus Xonar 7.1 MONITOR Acer Predator xb270hu Storage 1x1TB + 2x500GB Samsung 7200U/m - 2x500GB SSD Samsung 850EVO

51 minutes ago, Praesi said:

85PllOk.jpg

ua2U1Fu.jpg

blue leds are actually really not good for your eyes. 

still looks good. 

muh specs 

Gaming and HTPC (reparations)- ASUS 1080, MSI X99A SLI Plus, 5820k- 4.5GHz @ 1.25v, asetek based 360mm AIO, RM 1000x, 16GB memory, 750D with front USB 2.0 replaced with 3.0  ports, 2 250GB 850 EVOs in Raid 0 (why not, only has games on it), some hard drives

Screens- Acer preditor XB241H (1080p, 144Hz Gsync), LG 1080p ultrawide, (all mounted) directly wired to TV in other room

Stuff- k70 with reds, steel series rival, g13, full desk covering mouse mat

All parts black

Workstation(desk)- 3770k, 970 reference, 16GB of some crucial memory, a motherboard of some kind I don't remember, Micomsoft SC-512N1-L/DVI, CM Storm Trooper (It's got a handle, can you handle that?), 240mm Asetek based AIO, Crucial M550 256GB (upgrade soon), some hard drives, disc drives, and hot swap bays

Screens- 3  ASUS VN248H-P IPS 1080p screens mounted on a stand, some old tv on the wall above it. 

Stuff- Epicgear defiant (solderless swappable switches), g600, moutned mic and other stuff. 

Laptop docking area- 2 1440p korean monitors mounted, one AHVA matte, one samsung PLS gloss (very annoying, yes). Trashy Razer blackwidow chroma...I mean like the J key doesn't click anymore. I got a model M i use on it to, but its time for a new keyboard. Some edgy Utechsmart mouse similar to g600. Hooked to laptop dock for both of my dell precision laptops. (not only docking area)

Shelf- i7-2600 non-k (has vt-d), 380t, some ASUS sandy itx board, intel quad nic. Currently hosts shared files, setting up as pfsense box in VM. Also acts as spare gaming PC with a 580 or whatever someone brings. Hooked into laptop dock area via usb switch

1 hour ago, Praesi said:

85PllOk.jpg

ua2U1Fu.jpg

Covering red mobo/ram stick with blue LED. This is nice

2 hours ago, Dan Castellaneta said:

Waiting for purple to catch on. I fucking wanted a Purple MSI Radeon R9 390 but that's not happening. Oh well, maybe I can do a purple RX 480.

Purple is so 80's!  I'd love to see it though!

6 hours ago, Syntaxvgm said:

still looks good. 

Yes. But only when i stare at them at close range for longer than 10 seconds.

CPU i7 6700k MB  MSI Z170A Pro Carbon GPU Zotac GTX980Ti amp!extreme RAM 16GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance 3k CASE Corsair 760T PSU Corsair RM750i MOUSE Logitech G9x KB Logitech G910 HS Sennheiser GSP 500 SC Asus Xonar 7.1 MONITOR Acer Predator xb270hu Storage 1x1TB + 2x500GB Samsung 7200U/m - 2x500GB SSD Samsung 850EVO

14 hours ago, Syntaxvgm said:

still looks good. 

don't tell me what is bad or good. #TeamBlue