App

JSD10

You  should add an LTT Forums app. it would be an easy way for people to view, post, and respond to forum threads from their smartphones and tablets.

I'm just a random teenager from New Jersey. Why would you listen to me?

They could make a few videos on it... get dat add revenue amirite

"Always forgive your enemies, but never forget their names." John F. Kennedy

"Daddy is going on a dangerous mission to shoot his employees." Linus Sebastian

"It's soft, but in a good way, kinda like typing on boobs." Luke Lafreniere

Or just access it through your phone's browser?

It's just as fast as any app would be without all the coding bulls*** required for a standalone app.

I won't know you're talking to me unless you reply/quote me.

Just now, Gravemind said:

Or just access it through your phone's browser?

It's just as fast as any app would be without all the coding bulls*** required for a standalone app.

And no need to have more stuff cluttering your phone!

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

15 minutes ago, Enderman said:

And no need to have more stuff cluttering your phone!

Exactly. We need less Phone Apps and more good mobile websites.

RedFlagDeals.com has an App. I uninstalled it because 1) Just another app to update and 2) their mobile site works OK.

Desktop: KiRaShi-Intel-2022 (i5-12600K, RTX2060) Mobile: OnePlus 5T | Koodo - 75GB Data + Data Rollover for $45/month
Laptop: Dell XPS 15 9560 (the real 15" MacBook Pro that Apple didn't make) Tablet: iPad Mini 5 | Lenovo IdeaPad Duet 10.1
Camera: Canon M6 Mark II | Canon Rebel T1i (500D) | Canon SX280 | Panasonic TS20D Music: Spotify Premium (CIRCA '08)

no app is going to be devloped

trust me, many people asked before and got the exact same responce

"A Moderator": Cough Cough.... Hmmm....... ah..no....

****SORRY FOR MY ENGLISH IT'S REALLY TERRIBLE*****

Been married to my wife for 3 years now! Yay!

This is among those suggestions that get popped up regularly. What app would have that mobile site can't do? Background notifications are one thing (you have browser notifs but browser need to be running and have site open). What else?

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

10 hours ago, JSD10 said:

You  should add an LTT Forums app. it would be an easy way for people to view, post, and respond to forum threads from their smartphones and tablets.

What would an app bring to the table? What can an app do that the mobile website doesn't?

Project White Lightning (My ITX Gaming PC): Core i5-4690K | CRYORIG H5 Ultimate | ASUS Maximus VII Impact | HyperX Savage 2x8GB DDR3 | Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | WD Black 1TB | Sapphire RX 480 8GB NITRO+ OC | Phanteks Enthoo EVOLV ITX | Corsair AX760 | LG 29UM67 | CM Storm Quickfire Ultimate | Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum | HyperX Cloud II | Logitech Z333

Benchmark Results: 3DMark Firestrike: 10,528 | SteamVR VR Ready (avg. quality 7.1) | VRMark 7,004 (VR Ready)

Other systems I've built:

Core i3-6100 | CM Hyper 212 EVO | MSI H110M ECO | Corsair Vengeance LPX 1x8GB DDR4  | ADATA SP550 120GB | Seagate 500GB | EVGA ACX 2.0 GTX 1050 Ti | Fractal Design Core 1500 | Corsair CX450M

Core i5-4590 | Intel Stock Cooler | Gigabyte GA-H97N-WIFI | HyperX Savage 2x4GB DDR3 | Seagate 500GB | Intel Integrated HD Graphics | Fractal Design Arc Mini R2 | be quiet! Pure Power L8 350W

I am not a professional. I am not an expert. I am just a smartass. Don't try and blame me if you break something when acting upon my advice.

...why are you still reading this?

5 hours ago, LoGiCalDrm said:

This is among those suggestions that get popped up regularly. What app would have that mobile site can't do? Background notifications are one thing (you have browser notifs but browser need to be running and have site open). What else?

1 hour ago, ThinkWithPortals said:

What would an app bring to the table? What can an app do that the mobile website doesn't?

Background notifications would be a HUGE benefit. 

I'm just a random teenager from New Jersey. Why would you listen to me?

33 minutes ago, JSD10 said:

Background notifications would be a HUGE benefit. 

So you'd rather had just that taking phones RAM and nothing else? Because at the moment that is sole reason why app would be good. And it just isn't enough for the time and resources official app would require.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

Not gonna lie tapatalk was way more faster than the browser, maybe its my internet or the fact that I use chrome on my android device but yea...

Everyone here is saying its as fast as the app but I say different...

1 hour ago, Aytex said:

Not gonna lie tapatalk was way more faster than the browser, maybe its my internet or the fact that I use chrome on my android device but yea...

Everyone here is saying its as fast as the app but I say different...

It might have been faster. It was kinda same thing as console games on consoles. Optimized. Were browsers are more for general use of web. If Tapatalk would fix their shit for good, maybe it could be enabled again.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

An app is an unreasonable amount of work to implement, and aside from push notifications it would bring very little benefit. In the future, following a lot of work (though still a lot less than a full app), push notifications may be supported here without an app (it is now supported by Chrome and Firefox), but it's not something that you can expect to see soon.

HTTP/2 203

On 9/4/2016 at 11:42 AM, colonel_mortis said:

An app is an unreasonable amount of work to implement, and aside from push notifications it would bring very little benefit. In the future, following a lot of work (though still a lot less than a full app), push notifications may be supported here without an app (it is now supported by Chrome and Firefox), but it's not something that you can expect to see soon.

Honestly, while it is a bit of work, it would not be anything unmanageable to create a app with the existing talent you guys likely have on the table, this could be done via Cordova fairly easily(still 3-5 weeks work, if being done as a side project in spare time), wouldn't even need to set up anything special for a dev environment, visual studio suppots Cordova out of the box(not saying if you have the know-how building on Linux isn't the correct option). Still agree that a app isn't really necessary at this stage, but it wouldn't be unwelcome certainly.

1 hour ago, hoodyracoon said:

Honestly, while it is a bit of work, it would not be anything unmanageable to create a app with the existing talent you guys likely have on the table, this could be done via Cordova fairly easily(still 3-5 weeks work, if being done as a side project in spare time), wouldn't even need to set up anything special for a dev environment, visual studio suppots Cordova out of the box(not saying if you have the know-how building on Linux isn't the correct option). Still agree that a app isn't really necessary at this stage, but it wouldn't be unwelcome certainly.

Except at the moment those from the mod team who dev forums have their hands full of doing it as side project. Yes, it would be possible, but not with forums themselves still being somewhere between usable and good.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

2 hours ago, hoodyracoon said:

Why did it dup? I was doing a edit? Whatever....

I'm not saying they don't have better things to do with their time, i was just saying that it doesn't take a collosal amount of work to make a app. I even said it was not really necessary to have one, the site works decent on mobile as is, would it be nice to have, yeah, but so would a million $'s, or a colony on mars.

Tapatalk support would be nice though, I use it for a lot of forums.

And I personally love having the notification on my phone (and my pebble).

May the force be with you - Yoda

2 minutes ago, itsMilan said:

Tapatalk support would be nice though, I use it for a lot of forums.

And I personally love having the notification on my phone (and my pebble).

Tapatalk used to be supported, but it caused some significant back end issues, so we will not be adding it back in the foreseeable future.

HTTP/2 203

12 minutes ago, colonel_mortis said:

Tapatalk used to be supported, but it caused some significant back end issues, so we will not be adding it back in the foreseeable future.

That's a pity, thanks for the reply though.

May the force be with you - Yoda

On ‎9‎/‎5‎/‎2016 at 0:42 AM, colonel_mortis said:

An app is an unreasonable amount of work to implement,

No it's not. It just requires paying people to do the work or learning how to do it yourself.

The former is a non issue since Linus Media Group Inc makes some decent revenue each quarter and it wouldn't hurt them.

and aside from push notifications it would bring very little benefit.

Using the site on Mobile is a joke. It's really bad.

I wanted to make an app for the forum except the LTT forum's infrastructure doesn't allow for it.

The API isn't there. if it was then I'd be working on an app for the forum.

In the future, following a lot of work (though still a lot less than a full app), push notifications may be supported here without an app (it is now supported by Chrome and Firefox), but it's not something that you can expect to see soon.

This is already a thing on Edge and Firefox ........... You can already get notifications in Action Center on Windows 10.

Judge a product on its own merits AND the company that made it.

How to setup MSI Afterburner OSD | How to make your AMD Radeon GPU more efficient with Radeon Chill | (Probably) Why LMG Merch shipping to the EU is expensive

Oneplus 6 (Early 2023 to present) | HP Envy 15" x360 R7 5700U (Mid 2021 to present) | Steam Deck (Late 2022 to present)

Mid 2023 AlTech Desktop Refresh - AMD R7 5800X (Mid 2023), XFX Radeon RX 6700XT MBA (Mid 2021), MSI X370 Gaming Pro Carbon (Early 2018), 32GB DDR4-3200 (16GB x2) (Mid 2022

Noctua NH-D15 (Early 2021), Corsair MP510 1.92TB NVMe SSD (Mid 2020), beQuiet Pure Wings 2 140mm x2 & 120mm x1 (Mid 2023),

7 minutes ago, AluminiumTech said:

No it's not. It just requires paying people to do the work or learning how to do it yourself.

The former is a non issue since Linus Media Group Inc makes some decent revenue each quarter and it wouldn't hurt them.

LMG makes money, but the forum certainly doesn't. Making an app that is actually worth having is very expensive, and there would be no return on that investment.

9 minutes ago, AluminiumTech said:

Using the site on Mobile is a joke. It's really bad.

Aside from the editor, which is an issue, are there any other reasons that the mobile site is a joke?

10 minutes ago, AluminiumTech said:

This is already a thing on Edge and Firefox ........... You can already get notifications in Action Center on Windows 10.

All the major desktop browsers support notifications, but the site doesn't support push notifications, which don't require the site (and sometimes even the browser) to be open, and which work properly on mobile.

HTTP/2 203

6 minutes ago, colonel_mortis said:

LMG makes money, but the forum certainly doesn't. Making an app that is actually worth having is very expensive, and there would be no return on that investment.

Aside from the editor, which is an issue, are there any other reasons that the mobile site is a joke?

Performance on mobile browsers are not snappy enough. This makes using the mobile site take forever to do anything.

When I use it, it's not responsive. It's very hard to press certain buttons or access certain areas. It's difficult to tap on the notifications icon to open the notifications. I miss it about half the time.

Pages take a long time to load. Scrolling a lot is very annoying.

All the major desktop browsers support notifications, but the site doesn't support push notifications, which don't require the site (and sometimes even the browser) to be open, and which work properly on mobile.

Fair enough. But even if I closed edge I might still receive LTT notifications......

Judge a product on its own merits AND the company that made it.

How to setup MSI Afterburner OSD | How to make your AMD Radeon GPU more efficient with Radeon Chill | (Probably) Why LMG Merch shipping to the EU is expensive

Oneplus 6 (Early 2023 to present) | HP Envy 15" x360 R7 5700U (Mid 2021 to present) | Steam Deck (Late 2022 to present)

Mid 2023 AlTech Desktop Refresh - AMD R7 5800X (Mid 2023), XFX Radeon RX 6700XT MBA (Mid 2021), MSI X370 Gaming Pro Carbon (Early 2018), 32GB DDR4-3200 (16GB x2) (Mid 2022

Noctua NH-D15 (Early 2021), Corsair MP510 1.92TB NVMe SSD (Mid 2020), beQuiet Pure Wings 2 140mm x2 & 120mm x1 (Mid 2023),

1 hour ago, AluminiumTech said:

The API isn't there. if it was then I'd be working on an app for the forum.

Screen scrap :D

1 hour ago, AluminiumTech said:

When I use it, it's not responsive. It's very hard to press certain buttons or access certain areas. It's difficult to tap on the notifications icon to open the notifications. I miss it about half the time.

Good thing I'm not the only with that issue. I have multiple issues with mobile site but I'm not sure if they are browser related, keyboard app related or forum related. Or if they are combination of all. I will make post of them when I have time for it.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
vvvv Who's there? vvvv