Forum is running like crap today

Bhav
Go to solution Solved by vanished,

The forum is reindexing, and this process can clash with post requests causing duplicates.  It should resolve itself within a day.

Edit: so that turned out to not be the cause or it would have stopped by now.

Updates: https://linustechtips.com/main/profile/265114-ryan_vickers/?status=145250&type=status

We are aware of:

• getting errors after posting or editing
  • duplicates showing up
  • images not linking correctly

In the mean time:

• If you hit submit, hit refresh after about 2 seconds. This can speed up the process and avoid duplicates
  • Manually insert images into the post - don't just attach them and let the site pin them to the bottom of your post
  • Please continue to report duplicates so we can clean them up :) 

I am having a bad internet. Sorry. It keeps lagging for me. It's a pain. They you mean "me"

Ran a speedtest and my internet speed is at its best atm.

Linus is my fetish.

Does everybody has the same lagging/slow loading issue or is it just me? I heard they had a maintenance 

Yep, same here in the car thread for everyone

CPU: R5 5800X3D Motherboard - MSI X570 Gaming Plus RAM - 32GB Corsair DDR4 GPU - XFX 7900 XTX 4GB Case - NZXT H5 Flow (White) Storage - 2X 4TB Samsung 990 Pro PSU - Corsair RM100E Cooling - Corsair H100i Elite Capellix Keyboard Corsair K70 (Brown Switches)  Mouse - Corsair Nightsword RGB

Ah good. But how come gmail is loading slow too hmm

Yep, takes time saving edited posts as well.

• Quote people's post else they won't know you replied.

Crapware | 4670k | Hyper212X | GSkill RipjawsX 16GB | Sapphire R9 280x VaporX | 840EVO 120GB | 1TB BLACK + BLUE

Logitech G102 | Corsair K70 MX Brown | HyperX Cloud

Like I just posted this comment. I only clicked to post it once, it took ages and then I got an error page saying 'something went wrong'. Clicked on the back button, and the post is there twice:

pS8FlVh.png 

Linus is my fetish.

Great when you hit return and it deletes the line

especially for a post you just quoted >:(

Our Grace. The Feathered One. He shows us the way. His bob is majestic and shows us the path. Follow unto his guidance and His example. He knows the one true path. Our Saviour. Our Grace. Our Father Birb has taught us with His humble heart and gentle wing the way of the bob. Let us show Him our reverence and follow in His example. The True Path of the Feathered One. ~ Dimboble-dubabob III

Same here.

CPU i7 6700k MB  MSI Z170A Pro Carbon GPU Zotac GTX980Ti amp!extreme RAM 16GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance 3k CASE Corsair 760T PSU Corsair RM750i MOUSE Logitech G9x KB Logitech G910 HS Sennheiser GSP 500 SC Asus Xonar 7.1 MONITOR Acer Predator xb270hu Storage 1x1TB + 2x500GB Samsung 7200U/m - 2x500GB SSD Samsung 850EVO

The forum is reindexing, and this process can clash with post requests causing duplicates.  It should resolve itself within a day.

Edit: so that turned out to not be the cause or it would have stopped by now.

Updates: https://linustechtips.com/main/profile/265114-ryan_vickers/?status=145250&type=status

We are aware of:

• getting errors after posting or editing
  • duplicates showing up
  • images not linking correctly

In the mean time:

• If you hit submit, hit refresh after about 2 seconds. This can speed up the process and avoid duplicates
  • Manually insert images into the post - don't just attach them and let the site pin them to the bottom of your post
  • Please continue to report duplicates so we can clean them up :) 
Edited by Ryan_Vickers

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

5 hours ago, Tech_Dreamer said:

@colonel_mortis : Thanks for that recent "fix" update /s

afaik the guy is doing it for free and even if he isn't, no need for sass.

15 minutes ago, Sakkura said:

This bug is getting pretty annoying.

(if you see this twice, it's not on purpose)

Saw someone quadruple post earlier...not sure whether it was partly the user's fault or just full on bug...

Looking at my signature are we now? Well too bad there's nothing here...

What? As I said, there seriously is nothing here :) 

The double post also happens after posting and then editing a post. Saving the editied post will throw up a 'This post cant be edited' error, and it will have been edited with the base unedited post posted again.

Linus is my fetish.

Yes there are many issues, but afaik we are aware of them all.  Unfortunately, until Mortis gets back to look into it, there's not really anything we can do.  My best suggestion would be to try the trick I mentioned and just keep reporting.  We (well I at least) don't mind cleaning them up at all - it's quite easy.

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.