Logitech releases the G Pro Gaming Mouse (83g, PWM3366 sensor)

Shoob

pro-gaming-mouse.png

Today Logitech is announcing the Logitech G Pro Gaming Mouse. As the name would imply, this mouse is targeted at gamers that fancy themselves as professionals, or aspiring to be so. As a result, I imagine that many “normie” PC gamers will find the design, features and pricing to be attractive enough to put next to the keyboard on their desk. This is a wired-only mouse.

The design of the Pro Gaming Mouse is very similar to that of the Logitech G100s, a long running and very popular mouse with the professional community. It falls a bit on the small side but Logitech claims that the “small and nimble profile allows gamers of many different game types to play as precisely as possible.” It’s incredibly light as well – measuring in at just 83g!

Source: https://www.pcper.com/news/General-Tech/Logitech-G-Pro-Gaming-Mouse-Designed-And-Professional-eSports-Players

The main features of the mouse are:

Advanced Optical Gaming Sensor

Consistent, pixel-precise accuracy makes a critical difference in high-stakes competitive gameplay. The PMW3366 sensor delivers a level of precision widely considered to be the best by enthusiasts and professionals alike. With zero smoothing, filtering or acceleration across the entire DPI range (200-12,000 DPI), it provides exceptional tracking accuracy and consistent responsiveness at any speed.

Metal Spring Button Tensioning System

The metal spring button tensioning system in the Logitech G Pro Gaming Mouse enhances the consistency of the left and right mouse buttons and reduces the force required to click. This helps deliver crisp, reliable click performance for your highest level of competition.

Comfortable, Durable and Lightweight Design

The Logitech G Pro Gaming mouse is the culmination of more than 30 years of engineering and manufacturing experience. The mouse is optimized to reduce weight to improve comfort, stability and responsiveness. Every aspect of the engineering has been rigorously tested to make sure it can stand up to even the most intense gaming. The top surface of the Logitech G Pro Gaming Mouse is treated with a special coating to improve durability and grip, and the left and right buttons are tested to exceed 20 million clicks – the equivalent of a pro gamer training 10 hours every day for two years.

Onboard Memory for Driver-free Operation on Tournament Systems

Because you can't always guarantee the tournament machine will have your configuration software available, or even that it's allowed to be installed, the Logitech G Pro Gaming Mouse lets you save your exact DPI settings, button assignments, and lighting configuration to the onboard memory in the mouse, all using the Logitech Gaming Software (LGS), so you'll never have to worry about whether your setup is right.

Source: http://news.logitech.com/press-release/consumer-products/logitech-g-introduces-new-gaming-mouse-designed-and-professional-esp

Product page

My opinion on the new mouse:

It's always awesome to see companies listen to what customers want and the G Pro Gaming mouse is just that - it combines all the best features a gaming mouse needs and a few Logitech exclusive extras. Weighing just 83 grams, having the best optical sensor currently available, the button feel of the G302 and G303 and the well-regarded G100s shape, this might just be the ultimate esports gaming mouse. :)

The RGB strip brings memories of the legendary Razer Diamondback (not the new abomination). :P

From salty to bath salty in 2.9 seconds

Beat me to it :P

Was talking to Cpate about the new release :D

Everyone is pretty excited about this godly mouse

tempted to pre order 

And I recently got a new mouse...

and rma'd it

a devastator 2...

Ryzen 5 3600 stock | 2x16GB C13 3200MHz (AFR) | GTX 760 (Sold the VII)| ASUS Prime X570-P | 6TB WD Gold (128MB Cache, 2017)

Samsung 850 EVO 240 GB 

138 is a good number.

ooh I like that, nice and simple and seems good :)

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

Sounds like the direct competitor to the final mouse...good sensor, light weight, made for gaming ect. ect. :P 

Too bad they priced it a bit high in my opinion...but looks like a good "replacement" for my decently heavy g402 :D.

Looking at my signature are we now? Well too bad there's nothing here...

What? As I said, there seriously is nothing here :) 

After using G502 and Final Mouse theres no way i will go back to non-ergonomic mice. 

I like the reduced weight. 

That price is too high.

Like how the fuck they justify asking so much money for such little material. Im comparing it to mechanical keyboards... Im fine with $40-50 but $70 ffs.

Connection200mbps / 12mbps 5Ghz wifi

My baby: CPU - i7-4790, MB - Z97-A, RAM - Corsair Veng. LP 16gb, GPU - MSI GTX 1060, PSU - CXM 600, Storage - Evo 840 120gb, MX100 256gb, WD Blue 1TB, Cooler - Hyper Evo 212, Case - Corsair Carbide 200R, Monitor - Benq  XL2430T 144Hz, Mouse - FinalMouse, Keyboard -K70 RGB, OS - Win 10, Audio - DT990 Pro, Phone - iPhone SE

Just now, Mr.Meerkat said:

Sounds like the direct competitor to the final mouse...good sensor, light weight, made for gaming ect. ect. :P 

Too bad they priced it a bit high in my opinion...but looks like a good "replacement" for my decently heavy g402 :D.

Logitech prices usually always go down 

Finalmouse is crap though

Am I the only one who really likes a heavier mouse? I play cs with an m95 :p.

- snip-

Just now, AuraDesru said:

Meh, used it for a month, found I just couldn't get used to it...went back to my g402 :P 

Christmas prices for the g402 and g502  on amazon last year...20-25 quid for the g402 and 25-30 for the g502...too bad I bought it 4 months earlier :/

Looking at my signature are we now? Well too bad there's nothing here...

What? As I said, there seriously is nothing here :) 

7 minutes ago, AuraDesru said:

Whats crap about it ?

My baby: CPU - i7-4790, MB - Z97-A, RAM - Corsair Veng. LP 16gb, GPU - MSI GTX 1060, PSU - CXM 600, Storage - Evo 840 120gb, MX100 256gb, WD Blue 1TB, Cooler - Hyper Evo 212, Case - Corsair Carbide 200R, Monitor - Benq  XL2430T 144Hz, Mouse - FinalMouse, Keyboard -K70 RGB, OS - Win 10, Audio - DT990 Pro, Phone - iPhone SE

5 minutes ago, Thony said:

Whats crap about it ?

Finalmouse's CEO is full of shit.

Quaility Control is bad

Firmware implmentation in the mouse is horrible

It's just overall really overpriced

Edit: Having a driverless mouse is not a premium what so ever. I think Zowie is overpriced as well for $60-70 mice. At least you get a sturdy well build mouse  with nice huano switches unlike FM.

1 minute ago, AuraDesru said:

Finalmouse's CEO is full of shit.

Quaility Control is bad

Firmware implmentation in the mouse is horrible

It's just overall really overpriced

So u have problems with things that dont effect the performance. Thats good, means mouse itself is good, marketing and pricing isnt. That i agree on, anyway I do like mine.

Tracking is good, buttons work, great shape, light. All i need :)

Just now, Thony said:

So u have problems with things that dont effect the performance. Thats good, means mouse itself is good, marketing and pricing isnt. That i agree on, anyway I do like mine.

O yeah cause SROM doesnt effect the performance.

You kidding?

Finalmouse to everyone on OCN is a joke.

6 minutes ago, AuraDesru said:

O yeah cause SROM doesnt effect the performance.

You kidding?

Finalmouse to everyone on OCN is a joke.

I went from G502 to Final Mouse and noticed 0 difference in performance. Maybe on professional lvl there are differences but for 90% of population it doesnt freaking matter.

10 minutes ago, Thony said:

I went from G502 to Final Mouse and noticed 0 difference in performance. Maybe on professional lvl there are differences but for 90% of population it doesnt freaking matter.

Your argument about that it doesnt effect the performance because you don't notice it is completely subjective. If mouse tester shows there are problems and minor inconsistencies in tracking. There is a problem. Consumers should always be pushing companies to make better products. The only thing finalmouse has going for them is a 74G weight to them. There whole "massaging" the sensor to the best it can perform is full of shit. If you are paying for a 60+ mouse. You should expect the quaility to last you more than just a couple of months. Yeah they are a growing company, it doesnt excuse them to sell something from OEM with a sensor that has been "Massaged". Even the new nixues mouse with an OEM sensei shape and a 3366 is going for around $40. Finalmouse is honestly a joke and there are better options for $60+.

Edit:Pros don't even care for the minor implications as much as mouse ethuanist do. They only base there use on sponsors and shape most of the time. (Hence why the PRO G took the design from the G100S. According to CPate, they took the G100S design first into consideration when desiging this mouse.)

" Pros specifically asked us to make a product like this, so we did. We're not interested in just putting our logos on jerseys - we are working together with them to develop products that they are happy with.

Specific design objective was "make a mouse for pros", and the subhead was "they want the G100s shape as their starting point." The project straightforward but not simple, if you get my meaning.

We made small modifications such as scooping the finger areas of the main buttons to make the fingers sit in a more specific, but relaxed position. We also incorporated the buttons that people really liked from G303.

Development went on for a while, but first functional prototypes were given to pros this February.

I can't really talk about why we did or did not do a thing in that kind of detail, unfortunately. The best I can say is that we have finite resources in all areas of the company - development, marketing, sales, operations, and so forth - and have to make choices about where we expend time/effort/dollars at all times. Thinking about ESReality, as an example, people have been asking for a mouse like the Pro since at least 2009. Sometimes it just takes a while for priorities to align.
"

I swear this thing looks so cute.

If you want to reply back to me or someone else USE THE QUOTE BUTTON!                                                      
Pascal laptops guide

1 minute ago, AuraDesru said:

Your argument about the fact that it doesnt effect the performance because you don't notice it is completely subjective. If mouse tester shows there are problems and minor inconsistencies in tracking. There is a problem. Consumers should always be pushing companies to make better products. The only thing finalmouse has going for them is a 74G weight to them. There whole "massaging" the sensor to the best it can perform is full of shit. If you are paying for a 60+ mouse. You should expect the quaility to last you more than just a couple of months. Yeah they are a growing company, it doesnt excuse them to sell something from OEM with a sensor that has been "Massaged". Even the new nixues mouse with an OEM sensei shape and a 3366 is going for around $40. Finalmouse is honestly a joke and there are better options for $60+.

Yep, I agree with all that. They also lie about the weight - it's about 90g without the cable, not 74g. There's no excuse for them to charge $60+ and use a cheap generic OEM shell.

From salty to bath salty in 2.9 seconds

Looks to be great mouse. Simple yet good design, coating and all. Maybe I'll pick it for a another computer.
Have G502 Proteus Spectrum and overall it's great. Not using any weights though.

| Ryzen 7 7800X3D | AM5 B650 Aorus Elite AX | G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo RGB DDR5 32GB 6000MHz C30 | Sapphire PULSE Radeon RX 7900 XTX | Samsung 990 PRO 1TB with heatsink | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360 | Seasonic Focus GX-850 | Lian Li Lanccool III | Mousepad: Skypad 3.0 XL / Zowie GTF-X | Mouse: Zowie S1-C | Keyboard: Ducky One 3 TKL (Cherry MX-Speed-Silver)Beyerdynamic MMX 300 (2nd Gen) | Acer XV272U | OS: Windows 11 |

hmmm maybe I should get my hands on that and see how good it is, also how big is it? Oh and FINALLY they made a mouse that is simple and a fairly simple shape, not all of these extra buttons and other things. 

Before you buy amp and dac.  My thoughts on the M50x  Ultimate Ears Reference monitor review I might have a thing for audio...

My main Headphones and IEMs:  K612 pro, HD 25 and Ultimate Ears Reference Monitor, HD 580 with HD 600 grills

DAC and AMP: RME ADI 2 DAC

Speakers: Genelec 8040, System Audio SA205

Receiver: Denon AVR-1612

Desktop: R7 1700, GTX 1080  RX 580 8GB and other stuff

Laptop: ThinkPad P50: i7 6820HQ, M2000M. ThinkPad T420s: i7 2640M, NVS 4200M

Feel free to pm me if you have a question for me or quote me. If you want to hear what I have to say about something just tag me.

As much as it sounds nice, $40 for a Rival 300 is what I can't pass up.

i7-6700k  Cooling: Deepcool Captain 240EX White GPU: GTX 1080Ti EVGA FTW3 Mobo: AsRock Z170 Extreme4 Case: Phanteks P400s TG Special Black/White PSU: EVGA 850w GQ Ram: 64GB (3200Mhz 16x4 Corsair Vengeance RGB) Storage 1x 1TB Seagate Barracuda 240GBSandisk SSDPlus, 480GB OCZ Trion 150, 1TB Crucial NVMe
(Rest of Specs on Profile)

12 minutes ago, DarkBlade2117 said:

As much as it sounds nice, $40 for a Rival 300 is what I can't pass up.

Had my Rival 300 for a few months now, the software support has been awful along with them releasing glitchy firmware, which causes the USB driver to cash and random tracking issues. 

It's a great mouse as long as you don't update the firmware or install their software suite. 

CPU: i7 5820k @4.4GHz | MoboMSI MPower X99A | RAM: 16GB DDR4 Quad Channel Corsair LP | GPU: EVGA 1080 FTW Case: Define R5 Black Window | OS: Win 10 Pro

Storage: SanDisk Ultra II 960GB 2x WD Red 4TB | PSU: EVGA 750W G2 | Display:Acer XF270HU + Dell U2515H | Cooling: Phanteks PH-TC14PE

Keyboard: Ducky One  TKL Browns | Mouse: Steel Series Rival 300 | Sound: DT990s

2 minutes ago, alexyy said:

Had my Rival 300 for a few months now, the software support has been awful along with them releasing glitchy firmware, which causes the USB driver to cash and random tracking issues. 

It's a great mouse as long as you don't update the firmware or install their software suite. 

Meh, I can deal with shitty software, I've had my fair share.

i7-6700k  Cooling: Deepcool Captain 240EX White GPU: GTX 1080Ti EVGA FTW3 Mobo: AsRock Z170 Extreme4 Case: Phanteks P400s TG Special Black/White PSU: EVGA 850w GQ Ram: 64GB (3200Mhz 16x4 Corsair Vengeance RGB) Storage 1x 1TB Seagate Barracuda 240GBSandisk SSDPlus, 480GB OCZ Trion 150, 1TB Crucial NVMe
(Rest of Specs on Profile)

I've grown to love my G502 with all the extra buttons it has. Especially the ones next to Mouse1 (left click) button, using it for volume adjustment, comfortable af.