ECS Launches L337 GANK DRONE Gaming Motherboard

Ethnod

Tbh I dont know much about ECS but this L337 this, I am totally over. Personally I think the board looks gaudy and I would imagine that it would take a very good and imaginative person to come up with a build to make this look stylish in a build and not just look like you have put gold chains and gold teeth on your rig...

Any thoughts? There is not a huge amount on specs either tbh. The thinkcomputers.org review looks more like a puff piece, think I'll look for another review for more info

ECS_L337_Z87H3-A3X_GANK_Drone_01.jpg

ECS_L337_Z87H3-A3X_GANK_Drone_02.jpg

Full specs from their own website:

Z87H3-A3X (V1.0)  

• Supports 3 independent displays
  • 6 Phase Power Design
  • Supports Intel® K Series unlock CPU
  • Applied 100% Solid capacitor design to maximize component reliability
  • ECS Durathon Technology ensure the stability, reliability and performance of system. (Triple Density PCB; Extreme Temp Resistance; 1.5K Marathon Test; Superior Solid CAPs)
  • ESD Protection prevents computers from electrostatic discharge damage to enhance its durability and lifespan
  • ECS EZ charger provides a fast way to charge your smart devices, even if the PC is off
  • Supports ECS EZ BIOS for tweaking BIOS in graphical user interface within a multi language environment
  • ECS MIB X - A friendly interface for overclocking, especially for gamer
  • Microsoft Windows 8 Certified
  • Intel® 22nm Multi-Core CPU support
  • Supports DirectX® 11.1 to enhance graphical performance
  • Supports NVIDIA® SLI Technology to Intelligently scale graphics performance by combining multiple NVIDIA® graphics
  • Supports ATI® CrossFireX™ to expand your system’s graphics capabilities.
  • Supports Intel® HD Graphics, InTru™ 3D, Quick Sync Video, Clear Video HD Technology Insider™
  • Supports HDMI 1.4a Technology ( resolution up to 1920X1200 ) and HDCP function
  • Supports Sound Blaster Cinema technology to deliver cinema-quality picture and sound to home environments
  • Supports Intel® Smart Response, Smart Connect and Rapid Start Technology
  • Free Bundle: Norton Internet Security ,CyberLink PowerDVD, CyberLink PowerDirector 9, Muzee, Google Chrome, Magix with trial version
  • ECS Intelligent EZ Utility : eBLU, eDLU, eOC, eSF

Also softpedia have a decent review of it, makes more sense there.

Source:

http://www.thinkcomputers.org/ecs-launches-l337-gank-drone-gaming-motherboard/

http://www.ecs.com.tw/ECSWebSite/Product/Product_Detail.aspx?DetailID=1521&CategoryID=1&MenuID=181&LanID=0

http://news.softpedia.com/news/ECS-L337-Leet-Z87H3-A3X-GANK-Drone-Series-Motherboard-389635.shtml

http://www.legitreviews.com/ecs-launches-new-l337-gank-drone-gaming-motherboard-z87h3-a3x_125925

Edited by Ethnod
Never trust a man, who, when left alone with a tea cosey... Doesn't try it on. Billy Connolly
Marriage is a wonderful invention: then again, so is a bicycle repair kit. Billy Connolly
Before you judge a man, walk a mile in his shoes. After that, who cares? He's a mile away and you've got his shoes. Billy Connolly

That name.... 

Andres "Bluejay" Alejandro Montefusco - The Forums Favorite Bird!!!

Top Clock: 7.889 Ghz Cooled by: Liquid Helium   

#ChocolateRAM #OatmealFans #ScratchItHarder #WorstcardBestoverclocker #CrazySexStories #SchnitzelQuest TS3 SERVER

Hopefully all real motherboard manufacturers don't pick up this naming scheme.  It's as bad as with video cards.  Looks ugly and is probably terrible quality.

| Currently no gaming rig | Dell XPS 13 (9343) |

| Samsung Galaxy Note5 | Gear VR | Nvidia Shield Tab | Xbox One |

Seen bigger VRM's on ITX mobo's, looks baron on features and slots.

AMD Ryzen 5900x, Nvidia RTX 3080 (MSI Gaming X-trio), ASrock X570 Extreme4, 32GB Corsair Vengeance RGB @ 3200mhz CL16, Corsair MP600 1TB, Intel 660P 1TB, Corsair HX1000, Corsair 680x, Corsair H100i Platinum

Seen bigger VRM's on ITX mobo's, looks baron on features and slots.

There are VRMs? I can't see any :P

Andres "Bluejay" Alejandro Montefusco - The Forums Favorite Bird!!!

Top Clock: 7.889 Ghz Cooled by: Liquid Helium   

#ChocolateRAM #OatmealFans #ScratchItHarder #WorstcardBestoverclocker #CrazySexStories #SchnitzelQuest TS3 SERVER

8 pin CPU power connector but hardly any caps and VRMs around the CPU

Massive heatsinks that'll block pretty much every CPU cooler on the market

No onboard USB 3.0 header

Vertical SATA ports

Is that a Floppy Drive interface at the bottom (below the PCI-E 1x)?

Gold plating your caps does nothing for performance

Looks like somebody ate a load of gold and took a dump on a PCB.

Intel i7 5820K (4.5 GHz) | MSI X99A MPower | 32 GB Kingston HyperX Fury 2666MHz | Asus RoG STRIX GTX 1080ti OC | Samsung 951 m.2 nVME 512GB | Crucial MX200 1000GB | Western Digital Caviar Black 2000GB | Noctua NH-D15 | Fractal Define R5 | Seasonic 860 Platinum | Logitech G910 | Sennheiser 599 | Blue Yeti | Logitech G502

Nikon D500 | Nikon 300mm f/4 PF  | Nikon 200-500 f/5.6 | Nikon 50mm f/1.8 | Tamron 70-210 f/4 VCII | Sigma 10-20 f/3.5 | Nikon 17-55 f/2.8 | Tamron 90mm F2.8 SP Di VC USD Macro | Neewer 750II

not 100% but I think they are solid and not plated

The motherboard is also going to deliver an exceptional over clocking experience with the Ice Chokes and all Golden Solid Capacitors which have been combined with EZ BIOS UEFI and M.I.B. X Motherboard Intelligence functions

Never trust a man, who, when left alone with a tea cosey... Doesn't try it on. Billy Connolly
Marriage is a wonderful invention: then again, so is a bicycle repair kit. Billy Connolly
Before you judge a man, walk a mile in his shoes. After that, who cares? He's a mile away and you've got his shoes. Billy Connolly

ECS makes a quality product, but their bios' are a little weak.

[AMD Athlon 64 Mobile 4000+ Socket 754 | Gigabyte GA-K8NS Pro nForce3 | OCZ 2GB DDR PC3200 | Sapphire HD 3850 512MB AGP | 850 Evo | Seasonic 430W | Win XP/10]

not 100% but I think they are solid and not plated

Given the price of gold, I remain sceptical that they are all solid gold.

Intel i7 5820K (4.5 GHz) | MSI X99A MPower | 32 GB Kingston HyperX Fury 2666MHz | Asus RoG STRIX GTX 1080ti OC | Samsung 951 m.2 nVME 512GB | Crucial MX200 1000GB | Western Digital Caviar Black 2000GB | Noctua NH-D15 | Fractal Define R5 | Seasonic 860 Platinum | Logitech G910 | Sennheiser 599 | Blue Yeti | Logitech G502

Nikon D500 | Nikon 300mm f/4 PF  | Nikon 200-500 f/5.6 | Nikon 50mm f/1.8 | Tamron 70-210 f/4 VCII | Sigma 10-20 f/3.5 | Nikon 17-55 f/2.8 | Tamron 90mm F2.8 SP Di VC USD Macro | Neewer 750II

The name reminds me of something form Star Wars... anyone else?

Asrock 890GX Extreme 3 - AMD Phenom II X4 955 @3.50GHz - Arctic Cooling Freezer XTREME Rev.2 - 4GB Kingston HyperX - AMD Radeon HD7850 - Kingston V300 240GB - Samsung Spinpoint F3 1TB - Chieftec APS-750 - Cooler Master HAF912 PLUS

osu! profile

8 pin CPU power connector but hardly any caps and VRMs around the CPU

Massive heatsinks that'll block pretty much every CPU cooler on the market

No onboard USB 3.0 header

Vertical SATA ports

Is that a Floppy Drive interface at the bottom (below the PCI-E 1x)?

Looks like somebody ate a load of gold and took a dump on a PCB.

There is USB 3.0 internal header. One thing to remember about ECS products is that they are mainly targeted at asian consumers and developing countries.Z87H3-A3X_V1_LGA_1150_Intel_Motherboard_

One thing to remember about ECS products is that they are mainly targeted at asian consumers and developing countries.

Funny thing is that when I went looking for a in depth review on youtube all I could find were Thai (or at least I think they were Thai) reviews plus they were from a week ago.

personally the more I read and the more I look at it the less I like it. Positioning of some of the stuff is just not well thought out, I maintain it looks gaudy and cheap

Give me an Asus or MSI board any day

Tbh I dont know much about ECS but this L337 this, I am totally over. Personally I think the board looks gaudy and I would imagine that it would take a very good and imaginative person to come up with a build to make this look stylish in a build and not just look like you have put gold chains and gold teeth on your rig...

Any thoughts? There is not a huge amount on specs either tbh. The thinkcomputers.org review looks more like a puff piece, think I'll look for another review for more info

I was reading this on mobile.  I was thinking, "how bad could it look, its probably just a little overboard (pun)?"  Then the pictures loaded... It wouldn't bad too bad if it was a blacked out PCB, with gold trim/accents (basically the ASUS Z87 mobos), but it is kind of brown with HUGE chunks that, while eye catching, are ugly and obtuse.

Brown PCB - Fail

Non optimal PCI-E layout

VGA: -1 

On the plus side the MOSFET heat-sink looks cool. And their claim of ESD protection could stand up, just by looking at the PCB it seems that they implemented a bigger than usual grounding plane for the board, but overall this board kinda feels like "meh..."

▶ Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow. The important thing is not to stop questioning. - Einstein◀

Please remember to mark a thread as solved if your issue has been fixed, it helps other who may stumble across the thread at a later point in time.

Thats one ugly motherbaord. Also I only buy Asus so I wouldn't even consider buying one.

Spoiler

-

CPU:Ryzen 9 5900X GPU: Asus GTX 1080ti Strix MB: Asus Crosshair Viii Hero RAM: G.Skill Trident Neo CPU Cooler: Corsair H110

ECS is a shithole who:

1. won't take RMAs when the board is dead (and fully under warranty)

2. ships the same board back after you threaten to sue over the RMA

3. replaces the board with a dead board

4. threatens to sue you for harassment after you call repeatedly to ask why they won't comment on their terrible practices

5. ships a working board, fries my CPU @ stock. voltage control was wrong, it tried to put 2.3 volts through.

never, never, never again.

never, never, never forget.

Daily Driver:

Case: Red Prodigy CPU: i5 3570K @ 4.3 GHZ GPU: Powercolor PCS+ 290x @1100 mhz MOBO: Asus P8Z77-I CPU Cooler: NZXT x40 RAM: 8GB 2133mhz AMD Gamer series Storage: A 1TB WD Blue, a 500GB WD Blue, a Samsung 840 EVO 250GB

Dat gold plate next to DIMMs. They should fire the designer...

<p>Eryi's Action Rule#2 - "Dont jump on the green mushroom"

Ministry of StopIt!

Hopefully all real motherboard manufacturers don't pick up this naming scheme.  It's as bad as with video cards.  Looks ugly and is probably terrible quality.

Would you like the R93 78954609345X video card and the Gank Drone motherboard.

Would you like the R93 78954609345X video card and the Gank Drone motherboard.

Nah I'm holding out for the R8756X TI twin windforce 3 toxic hawk ghz OC edition video card.  

| Currently no gaming rig | Dell XPS 13 (9343) |

| Samsung Galaxy Note5 | Gear VR | Nvidia Shield Tab | Xbox One |

I love it when manufacturers put an extra space between PCI lanes. It improves airflow to both GPU's AND it can fit multiple GPU's like the tripple slot ASUS cards and MSI's Twin Frozr coolers that have the GPU Reactor on the back!

ECS' marketing dept seems horrendously out of touch.

L337! Like the Facetubes

3700X, GTX1060, 64GB HyperX 3000, B450 DS3H, 500GB SN750, TT Core G3, PreSonus Audiobox USB96

My only ECS board ever last me 2 years but when I sold the pc for $200 2 weeks later the pc died on the guy and he said it was the motherboard that ended up being the problem.  So glad I got $200 for that pc instead of having it die on me.

Too many ****ing games!  Back log 4 life! :S

ECS' marketing dept seems horrendously out of touch.

L337! Like the Facetubes

L337 was a very common in the late 90's early 00's on many Asian Pacific game servers/forums. Including Australian.

On a personal note, I wonder how many people here who have bagged it out soley on its god awful looks, have ever actually owned an ECS board before? Let alone have tested this one? It might be as bad as everyone is saying but really until it is in someones machine who knows how bad it actually is?

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.