"i prefer" game

Just now, thekeemo said:

Sacrilage

that i have barely played either or that i like Doom? lol

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The Toaster Project! Northern Bee!

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#1. Treat others as you would like to be treated.

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

59 minutes ago, Bananasplit_00 said:

that i have barely played either or that i like Doom? lol

That you would choose doom over serious sam

Just think of it value wise

$10 for 5 games of mayhem destruction and playing football with a monsters oversized eye

Thats that. If you need to get in touch chances are you can find someone that knows me that can get in touch.

1 minute ago, thekeemo said:

That you would choose doom over serious sam

Just think of it value wise

$10 for 5 games of mayhem destruction and playing football with a monsters oversized eye

well i have barely played either, and i dont own any of the games myself, i have just played at LAN parties on other peoples computers lol

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

59 minutes ago, Bananasplit_00 said:

well i have barely played either, and i dont own any of the games myself, i have just played at LAN parties on other peoples computers lol

buy it now and I shall take you into a new world

Thats that. If you need to get in touch chances are you can find someone that knows me that can get in touch.

Just now, thekeemo said:

buy it now and I shall take you into a new world

i have no money lol

Builds:

Spoiler

fiber speed internet with a 100Gb cap each month or high speed 40MBPS unlimited internet each month

Details separate people.

40MBPS because I wouldn't be limited in what I can download and its fast enough for me

do you prefer game mechanics or story over the other

Spoiler

My system is the Dell Inspiron 15 5559 Microsoft Signature Edition

The Austrailian king of LTT said that I'm awesome and a funny guy. the greatest psu list known to man DDR3 ram guide

i got 477 posts in my first 30 days on LinusTechTips.com

2 minutes ago, themaniac said:

40MBPS because I wouldn't be limited in what I can download and its fast enough for me

do you prefer game mechanics or story over the other

game mechanics for me , i enjoy a well articulated game regardless of story story stays same when you play again which makes it boring

WAN show Live or WAN show Document/thread

Details separate people.

8 minutes ago, Tech_Dreamer said:

game mechanics for me , i enjoy a well articulated game regardless of story story stays same when you play again which makes it boring

WAN show Live or WAN show Document/thread

WAN show thread because you can choose what you want to see instead of wait for it. 

Car or motorbike?

USEFUL LINKS:

PSU Tier List F@H stats

3 minutes ago, TheRandomness said:

WAN show thread because you can choose what you want to see instead of wait for it. 

Car or motorbike?

Car, Couldn't imagine trying to do a weekly food shop on a bike. 

ESET or Norton? (Antivirus software)

22 minutes ago, IPickle said:

Car, Couldn't imagine trying to do a weekly food shop on a bike. 

ESET or Norton? (Antivirus software)

ESET because not Norton.

Anal or a seeded watermelon with a hole? (lel)

Main rig on profile

VAULT - File Server

Spoiler

Intel Core i5 11400 w/ Shadow Rock LP, 2x16GB SP GAMING 3200MHz CL16, ASUS PRIME Z590-A, 2x LSI 9211-8i, Fractal Define 7, 256GB Team MP33, 3x 6TB WD Red Pro (9TB partition for general storage + 2TB partition for dumping ground), 4x 8TB WD White Label/Red (Plex) (all 3 arrays in their respective Windows Parity storage spaces), Corsair RM750x, Windows 11 Education

Sleeper HP Pavilion A6137C

Spoiler

Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.4GHz, 4x8GB G.SKILL Ares 1800MHz CL10, ASUS Z170M-E D3, 128GB Team MP33, 1TB Seagate Barracuda, 320GB Samsung Spinpoint (for video capture), MSI GTX 970 100ME, EVGA 650G1, Windows 10 Pro

OptiPlex 7040M

Spoiler

Intel Core i7 6700, 2x16GB Mushkin Redline (stuck at 2133MHz CL13), 240GB Corsair MP510, 130w Dell power brick, Windows 10 Pro

Mac Mini (Late 2020)

Spoiler

Apple M1, 8GB RAM, 256GB, macOS Sonoma

Consoles: Softmodded 1.4 Xbox w/ 500GB HDD, Xbox 360 Elite 120GB Falcon, XB1X w/2TB MX500, Xbox Series X, PS1 1001, PS2 Slim 70000 w/ FreeMcBoot, PS4 Pro 7015B 1TB (retired), PS5 Digital, Nintendo Switch OLED, Nintendo Wii RVL-001 (black)

1 minute ago, tmcclelland455 said:

ESET because not Norton.

Anal or a seeded watermelon with a hole? (lel)

The second choice reminds me of this for some reason:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VmBMxMivJXQ

Personally i'd go with the 1st Choice.

Would you rather do this to your PC:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b85h_ujZ_vg

OR

Microwave your phone

48 minutes ago, TheRandomness said:

Car or motorbike?

car , bikes are too windy

High quality monitor or High quality Projector?

Details separate people.

1 hour ago, Tech_Dreamer said:

car , bikes are too windy

High quality monitor or High quality Projector?

High Quality Monitor. I don't like staring to a wall. 

As a career person, Government Employee or Private Company Employee?

1 hour ago, ZakuII said:

Private Company Employee , work conditions & less savages harassing

Slick Saying Build it beautiful endlessly or saying You should endlessly

Details separate people.

Just now, Tech_Dreamer said:

Private Company Employee , work conditions & less savages harassing

Slick Saying Build it beautiful endlessly or saying You should endlessly

slick saying build it beautiful endlessly because he'll get tired soon. :3 

1 gigabit Ethernet connection (you can't use it with a wifi router) or 5mb wifi connection with Ethernet support?

Ryzen 5 3600 stock | 2x16GB C13 3200MHz (AFR) | GTX 760 (Sold the VII)| ASUS Prime X570-P | 6TB WD Gold (128MB Cache, 2017)

Samsung 850 EVO 240 GB 

138 is a good number.

2 hours ago, themctipers said:

1 gigabit Ethernet connection (you can't use it with a wifi router) or 5mb wifi connection with Ethernet support?

Gigabit ethernet because powerline adapters with WiFi support are a thing :P

Work in a computer repair shop or work as a programmer?

Project White Lightning (My ITX Gaming PC): Core i5-4690K | CRYORIG H5 Ultimate | ASUS Maximus VII Impact | HyperX Savage 2x8GB DDR3 | Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | WD Black 1TB | Sapphire RX 480 8GB NITRO+ OC | Phanteks Enthoo EVOLV ITX | Corsair AX760 | LG 29UM67 | CM Storm Quickfire Ultimate | Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum | HyperX Cloud II | Logitech Z333

Benchmark Results: 3DMark Firestrike: 10,528 | SteamVR VR Ready (avg. quality 7.1) | VRMark 7,004 (VR Ready)

Other systems I've built:

Core i3-6100 | CM Hyper 212 EVO | MSI H110M ECO | Corsair Vengeance LPX 1x8GB DDR4  | ADATA SP550 120GB | Seagate 500GB | EVGA ACX 2.0 GTX 1050 Ti | Fractal Design Core 1500 | Corsair CX450M

Core i5-4590 | Intel Stock Cooler | Gigabyte GA-H97N-WIFI | HyperX Savage 2x4GB DDR3 | Seagate 500GB | Intel Integrated HD Graphics | Fractal Design Arc Mini R2 | be quiet! Pure Power L8 350W

I am not a professional. I am not an expert. I am just a smartass. Don't try and blame me if you break something when acting upon my advice.

...why are you still reading this?

2 minutes ago, ThinkWithPortals said:

Thats cheating! xD 

(next person can answer)

Ryzen 5 3600 stock | 2x16GB C13 3200MHz (AFR) | GTX 760 (Sold the VII)| ASUS Prime X570-P | 6TB WD Gold (128MB Cache, 2017)

Samsung 850 EVO 240 GB 

138 is a good number.

6 hours ago, themctipers said:

gigabit ethernet, my hate for wifi is deep lol

3 hours ago, ThinkWithPortals said:

computer repair shop probably, building computers is some of the most fun i have ever had in my life, tho i am going for a career in programing right now lol

only listening to spotifys discover weekly playlist or only watching youtubes recomended up next?

Builds:

Spoiler

42 minutes ago, Bananasplit_00 said:

gigabit ethernet, my hate for wifi is deep lol

computer repair shop probably, building computers is some of the most fun i have ever had in my life, tho i am going for a career in programing right now lol

only listening to spotifys discover weekly playlist or only watching youtubes recomended up next?

Youtube's recommended up next. Most of the time, what's next is exactly my cup of tea.

Gunpla or Transformers?

5 hours ago, ZakuII said:

Youtube's recommended up next. Most of the time, what's next is exactly my cup of tea.

Gunpla or Transformers?

Transformers.

Be a millionaire with a shitty job (any job you hate) or minimum wage dream job?

(No, you can't quit your job with the millionaire path)

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

1 minute ago, Minibois said:

Transformers.

Be a millionaire with a shitty job (any job you hate) or minimum wage dream job?

(No, you can't quit your job with the millionaire path)

minimum wage dream job

Would you rather have a Cpu for which you can't find a motherboard or a motherboard that you can't find any cpu to fit into ?

AMD Ryzen R7 1700 (3.8ghz) w/ NH-D14, EVGA RTX 2080 XC (stock), 4*4GB DDR4 3000MT/s RAM, Gigabyte AB350-Gaming-3 MB, CX750M PSU, 1.5TB SDD + 7TB HDD, Phanteks enthoo pro case

8 minutes ago, Coaxialgamer said:

minimum wage dream job

Would you rather have a Cpu for which you can't find a motherboard or a motherboard that you can't find any cpu to fit into ?

Motherboard with no CPU, since they seem to sell easier.

Charizard or Blastoise? (or Venusaur I guess..)

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

8 hours ago, Minibois said:

Motherboard with no CPU, since they seem to sell easier.

Charizard or Blastoise? (or Venusaur I guess..)

Charizard, charizard is the only one out of those three that I sort of like

do something illegal that is socially excepted but you go to jail or do something legal that is not socially excepted and you don't go to jail

Spoiler

My system is the Dell Inspiron 15 5559 Microsoft Signature Edition

The Austrailian king of LTT said that I'm awesome and a funny guy. the greatest psu list known to man DDR3 ram guide

i got 477 posts in my first 30 days on LinusTechTips.com

1 hour ago, themaniac said:

Charizard, charizard is the only one out of those three that I sort of like

do something illegal that is socially excepted but you go to jail or do something legal that is not socially excepted and you don't go to jail

I'd do something legal and not go to jail because I really don't want to go to jail lol

Sitting or standing while peeing? 

Gaming HTPC:

R5 5600X - Cryorig C7 - Asus ROG B350-i - EVGA RTX2060KO - 16gb G.Skill Ripjaws V 3333mhz - Corsair SF450 - 500gb 960 EVO - LianLi TU100B

Desktop PC:
R9 3900X - Peerless Assassin 120 SE - Asus Prime X570 Pro - Powercolor 7900XT - 32gb LPX 3200mhz - Corsair SF750 Platinum - 1TB WD SN850X - CoolerMaster NR200 White - Gigabyte M27Q-SA - Corsair K70 Rapidfire - Logitech MX518 Legendary - HyperXCloud Alpha wireless

Boss-NAS [Build Log]:
R5 2400G - Noctua NH-D14 - Asus Prime X370-Pro - 16gb G.Skill Aegis 3000mhz - Seasonic Focus Platinum 550W - Fractal Design R5 - 
250gb 970 Evo (OS) - 2x500gb 860 Evo (Raid0) - 6x4TB WD Red (RaidZ2)

Synology-NAS:
DS920+
2x4TB Ironwolf - 1x18TB Seagate Exos X20

Audio Gear:

Hifiman HE-400i - Kennerton Magister - Beyerdynamic DT880 250Ohm - AKG K7XX - Fostex TH-X00 - O2 Amp/DAC Combo - 
Klipsch RP280F - Klipsch RP160M - Klipsch RP440C - Yamaha RX-V479

Reviews and Stuff:

GTX 780 DCU2 // 8600GTS // Hifiman HE-400i // Kennerton Magister
Folding all the Proteins! // Boincerino

Useful Links:
Do you need an AMP/DAC? // Recommended Audio Gear // PSU Tier List