with W10 Aniversary Update, MicroSoft invalidates certain policies in Group Policy Editor - W10 Pro edition affected

1 minute ago, GoodBytes said:

Starting August 2nd, and will be released in waves.

Speaking of which. Don't download the Insider Preview for it.

It can cause huge BSOD problems. Trust me I spent over an hour trying to fix it.

Judge a product on its own merits AND the company that made it.

How to setup MSI Afterburner OSD | How to make your AMD Radeon GPU more efficient with Radeon Chill | (Probably) Why LMG Merch shipping to the EU is expensive

Oneplus 6 (Early 2023 to present) | HP Envy 15" x360 R7 5700U (Mid 2021 to present) | Steam Deck (Late 2022 to present)

Mid 2023 AlTech Desktop Refresh - AMD R7 5800X (Mid 2023), XFX Radeon RX 6700XT MBA (Mid 2021), MSI X370 Gaming Pro Carbon (Early 2018), 32GB DDR4-3200 (16GB x2) (Mid 2022

Noctua NH-D15 (Early 2021), Corsair MP510 1.92TB NVMe SSD (Mid 2020), beQuiet Pure Wings 2 140mm x2 & 120mm x1 (Mid 2023),

20 minutes ago, GoodBytes said:

Starting August 2nd, and will be released in waves.

So all isn't necessarily bad if we succeed in letting them know and force them to understand that what they are doing is wrong for the next two days :P

6 minutes ago, laminutederire said:

So all isn't necessarily bad if we succeed in letting them know and force them to understand that what they are doing is wrong for the next two days :P

implying MS actually listens to user feedback 

http://betanews.com/2015/08/15/microsoft-stands-accused-of-deleting-windows-10-insider-feedback-it-doesnt-like/

One day I will be able to play Monster Hunter Frontier in French/Italian/English on my PC, it's just a matter of time... 4 5 6 7 8 9 years later: It's finally coming!!!

Phones: iPhone 4S/SE | LG V10 | Lumia 920 | Samsung S24 Ultra

Laptops: Macbook Pro 15" (mid-2012) | Compaq Presario V6000

Other: Steam Deck

<>EVs are bad, they kill the planet and remove freedoms too some/<>

6 minutes ago, suicidalfranco said:

Implying they at least read it, if enough people say something,  they just can't ignore it like that though. They can't delete more than half their feedback.

A nice day to discover I can get an Education license via my university that works on the current Pro.

My Build:

Spoiler

CPU: i7 4770k GPU: GTX 780 Direct CUII Motherboard: Asus Maximus VI Hero SSD: 840 EVO 250GB HDD: 2xSeagate 2 TB PSU: EVGA Supernova G2 650W

1 hour ago, laminutederire said:

I highly doubt that they'll touch anything at the last minute now. Maybe as a future update, but most likely with Redstone 2... if they want to change it.

45 minutes ago, GoodBytes said:

I highly doubt that they'll touch anything at the last minute now. Maybe as a future update, but most likely with Redstone 2... if they want to change it.

For me it's enough to make me need to ditch Win 10 for 8.1 Pro, I just can't sit by and justify this OS to people anymore, MS either needs to comment publically with a statement to calm this situation, or they will begin to loose what little respect many have for them.

PC - NZXT H510 Elite, Ryzen 5600, 16GB DDR3200 2x8GB, EVGA 3070 FTW3 Ultra, Asus VG278HQ 165hz,

Mac - 1.4ghz i5, 4GB DDR3 1600mhz, Intel HD 5000.  x2

Endlessly wishing for a BBQ in space.

On 7/30/2016 at 4:08 AM, LAwLz said:

It is not a bug. It is by design. 

https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/itpro/windows/manage/group-policies-for-enterprise-and-education-editions

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/3135657

The only thing that might be seen as a bug is that the GPOs are still there for everyone to see, but since they changed it to say that it can only be applied to certain SKUs I doubt it was an oversight. 

On 7/29/2016 at 5:25 PM, GoodBytes said:

Curses! :P

Awesome! Let us know!

On 7/29/2016 at 4:52 PM, Master Disaster said:

Fair enough :)

@GoodBytes Just realised I can't test it even if I wanted to as I'm not a member of the Windows Insider Program. 

@zMeul

Upon Manually adding Windows 10 related AMDX GPO files to my Domain controller I can shut off the associated settings and they DO take affect to the local machines. Logged in as a local admin and as a domain user. 

Still nervous that I added them to my Live configuration without realizing .... ahaaha .. -shudders- coulda gone badly.

CPU: Amd 7800X3D | GPU: AMD 7900XTX

37 minutes ago, goodtofufriday said:

@zMeul

Upon Manually adding Windows 10 related AMDX GPO files to my Domain controller I can shut off the associated settings and they DO take affect to the local machines. Logged in as a local admin and as a domain user. 

Still nervous that I added them to my Live configuration without realizing .... ahaaha .. -shudders- coulda gone badly.

Which must indicate it's possible to also disable client side. The server can't enforce a policy unless it actually exists on the client. 

Thanks RNJesus for Regedit :D

Main Rig:-

Ryzen 7 3800X | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | 16GB Team Group Dark Pro 3600Mhz | Corsair MP600 1TB PCIe Gen 4 | Sapphire 5700 XT Pulse | Corsair H115i Platinum | WD Black 1TB | WD Green 4TB | EVGA SuperNOVA G3 650W | Asus TUF GT501 | Samsung C27HG70 1440p 144hz HDR FreeSync 2 | Ubuntu 20.04.2 LTS |

Server:-

Intel NUC running Server 2019 + Synology DSM218+ with 2 x 4TB Toshiba NAS Ready HDDs (RAID0)

11 minutes ago, Master Disaster said:

Which must indicate it's possible to also disable client side. The server can't enforce a policy unless it actually exists on the client. 

Thanks RNJesus for Regedit :D

Disabling the store doesnt seem to work. I dont know if thats because I did not update all the admx files though, as I only added ones that did not already exist. 

Wonder how long till we figure out the reg settings needed to alter. 

Is that even an option for gamers with systems like ours? 

PC - NZXT H510 Elite, Ryzen 5600, 16GB DDR3200 2x8GB, EVGA 3070 FTW3 Ultra, Asus VG278HQ 165hz,

Mac - 1.4ghz i5, 4GB DDR3 1600mhz, Intel HD 5000.  x2

Endlessly wishing for a BBQ in space.

10 minutes ago, Kierax said:

Is that even an option for gamers with systems like ours? 

I was running El Capitan on my Skylake but I kinda broke it and can't get it to reinstall now. Yeah its possible to run OS X assuming you've got compatible hardware but the selection of games available is quite poor. 

Main Rig:-

Ryzen 7 3800X | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | 16GB Team Group Dark Pro 3600Mhz | Corsair MP600 1TB PCIe Gen 4 | Sapphire 5700 XT Pulse | Corsair H115i Platinum | WD Black 1TB | WD Green 4TB | EVGA SuperNOVA G3 650W | Asus TUF GT501 | Samsung C27HG70 1440p 144hz HDR FreeSync 2 | Ubuntu 20.04.2 LTS |

Server:-

Intel NUC running Server 2019 + Synology DSM218+ with 2 x 4TB Toshiba NAS Ready HDDs (RAID0)

So, I installed the Anniversary update, and the description for "Do not show Windows Tips" says, that it only works on Enterprise and Education.

But I can still disable "Get tips, tricks, and suggestions as you use Windows" from the Settings app.

I don't get it.

On 7/29/2016 at 7:03 PM, goodtofufriday said:

Yes and yes, but unfortunately you seem to be right. 

Its not making any effect. 

I wonder if windows server 2016 will be able to disable these options through domain then. 

Nope im running windows server 2016, no affect with those polices 

18 minutes ago, Arty said:

Is 2016 out, or is it Beta/RC. and is NIC teaming/LACP working?

if you want to annoy me, then join my teamspeak server ts.benja.cc

2 hours ago, Arty said:

It worked under 14393.5, but now it doesnt with 14393.10

1 hour ago, The Benjamins said:

Rc. I believe only organization admins can get access to it though.  Not sure. 

3 hours ago, The Benjamins said:

2016 insider preview,  idk im  still learning windows server, and im not using nic teaming so i wouldn't know