There's too many hate for Christians around the World

c00face
4 hours ago, stconquest said:

The governor of fantasy island has spoken.:|^^^^:D

Care to explain?

1 hour ago, stconquest said:

Nope.  :D

Then I'll safely assume you have no valid counter-argument.

for those that cant be arsed to trawl through 13 pages of racist, bigoted, hate fueled ignorance, the cliffs are Muslims are bad Christians are right and sinners will burn in the eternal flames of hell.

WHAT A LOAD OF BOLLOX.

the actions of a few do not represent the believes of the many.  this kind of thinking only fuels the divide and gives the likes of ISIS the ammo they  need to recruit more to there cause.

im more amazed that the mods allowed this thread to last past the first page some of the out right racist views should be completely unacceptable, seriously @LinusTech is this what this forum represents?

"if nothing is impossible, try slamming a revolving door....." - unknown

my new rig bob https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/b/sGRG3C#cx710255

Kumaresh - "Judging whether something is alive by it's capability to live is one of the most idiotic arguments I've ever seen." - jan 2017

27 minutes ago, colonelsofcorn said:

Then I'll safely assume you have no valid counter-argument.

...and that matters.

10 hours ago, colonelsofcorn said:

The Old Testament is still entirely valid, except for the specific parts that Jesus fulfilled. Homosexuality and many other sins are still sins to this day. 

FlyingSpaghetti_Dunbar_sm.jpg

a Moo Floof connoisseur and curator.

:x@handymanshandle x @pinksnowbirdie || Jake x Brendan :x
Youtube Audio Normalization

20 minutes ago, jaggysnake57 said:

for those that cant be arsed to trawl through 13 pages of racist, bigoted, hate fueled ignorance, the cliffs are Muslims are bad Christians are right and sinners will burn in the eternal flames of hell.

WHAT A LOAD OF BOLLOX.

the actions of a few do not represent the believes of the many.  this kind of thinking only fuels the divide and gives the likes of ISIS the ammo they  need to recruit more to there cause.

im more amazed that the mods allowed this thread to last past the first page some of the out right racist views should be completely unacceptable, seriously @LinusTech is this what this forum represents?

a.) this is off topic, opinions can be talked about if they're not about specific people.

b.) As far as I'm aware religions aren't races.

c.) Technically any religion holds the power of making extremists even though a lot of the texts of at least the 3 popular religions happen to support the extremism.

a Moo Floof connoisseur and curator.

:x@handymanshandle x @pinksnowbirdie || Jake x Brendan :x
Youtube Audio Normalization

1 hour ago, jaggysnake57 said:

WHAT A LOAD OF BOLLOX.

And yet surprisingly and against all odds by the way you made it sound, nobody died. This might surprise you but getting your feelings hurt by the mean, mean people on the internet is actually not all that bad and quite irrelevant.

Go ask for a "safeplace" elsewhere please.

-------

Current Rig

-------

I just clicked on this video.  It is roughly a elementary school explanation (ages 7+, I guess) of how evidence of evolution is readily available in the natural world... so I can almost understand it all.  :D 

Mind you, I watched it without the ideological pretense that the devil planted evidence on earth to trick us all.  :|

I'd like to see all religions go the way of the dinosaurs.

But that's just me being an atheist. I prefer fact and science to hokie religions.

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

23 hours ago, stconquest said:

The governor of fantasy island has spoken.:|^^^^:D

19 hours ago, colonelsofcorn said:

Care to explain?

35 minutes ago, stconquest said:

I just clicked on this video.  It is roughly a elementary school explanation (ages 7+, I guess) of how evidence of evolution is readily available in the natural world... so I can almost understand it all.  :D 

Mind you, I watched it without the ideological pretense that the devil planted evidence on earth to trick us all.  :|

I'm getting a strong vibe that you two actually agree, but @stconquest misunderstood @colonelsofcorn.

Evolution is real. This is undisputed fact, corroborated by years of empirical, scientific data and observations. No legitimate scientist (with any training in biology) thinks evolution is fake.

Darwinian Evolution (often called Darwinism or Darwin's Theory of Evolution), however, is not true - he had some good ideas, and some of the basics are right, but by and large, his theory proved incorrect, and modern evolution that we are taught in well respected western schools, reflects this.

Unless you're referring to another comment about the Fantasy Island thing?

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

1 minute ago, Trik'Stari said:

I'd like to see all religions go the way of the dinosaurs.

But that's just me being an atheist. I prefer fact and science to hokie religions.

I think, for many people, spirituality is important to their well being. Most people get that spirituality through their personal religion of choice.

However, the two are not exclusive. You can have one without the other.

I don't think religion should be banned, since there is value to certain people. But Religion MUST progress, socially and ethically, to reflect modern values of progressiveness and equality. And they must also respect science fact, and not substitute fairy tales to explain things that science can and does explain, using the scientific method and empirical data to back it up.

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

48 minutes ago, dalekphalm said:

I'm getting a strong vibe that you two actually agree, but @stconquest misunderstood @colonelsofcorn.

Evolution is real. This is undisputed fact, corroborated by years of empirical, scientific data and observations. No legitimate scientist (with any training in biology) thinks evolution is fake.

Darwinian Evolution (often called Darwinism or Darwin's Theory of Evolution), however, is not true - he had some good ideas, and some of the basics are right, but by and large, his theory proved incorrect, and modern evolution that we are taught in well respected western schools, reflects this.

I would have never expected Darwin's theories to be right, across the entire spectrum of evolution.  He had not the tools to see what we get to see.  Similarly to our theory of the beginnings of this universe or why we have black holes that seem to "power" galaxies.  He put us on the right track, just as modern scientists point to a magnetic force in this universe that we cannot see, touch, taste, feel or hear... they are on the right track but early theories will have many inconsistencies as we begin to gather relevant data.

As for "corn", I am not sure where he stands... seems trolly due to repeated "vagueness", or just misunderstands the need to defend religious ideology.  For a lot of people (including myself), theology is a non factor in all things non-cultural.  It does not need to be defended often, or attacked.  A country's policy of rights for individuals should do a good enough job... and it is protected under the law, so there is that.

1 hour ago, dalekphalm said:

What about Darwin's theory is not true? Go into specifics that have been scientifically disproven. His theory was expanded upon, complemented, etc. But this "Darwinian evolution is not true" always gets thrown around without actually explaining what do you mean by Darwininan evolution (Such distinction is often irrelevant) and what specific parts are not true (since Microevolution and macroevolution are proven facts and we've observed natural selection as well)

-------

Current Rig

-------

On 8/2/2016 at 6:30 PM, colonelsofcorn said:

The Old Testament is still entirely valid, except for the specific parts that Jesus fulfilled. Homosexuality and many other sins are still sins to this day. 

No.

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."

1 hour ago, dalekphalm said:

I think, for many people, spirituality is important to their well being. Most people get that spirituality through their personal religion of choice.

However, the two are not exclusive. You can have one without the other.

I don't think religion should be banned, since there is value to certain people. But Religion MUST progress, socially and ethically, to reflect modern values of progressiveness and equality. And they must also respect science fact, and not substitute fairy tales to explain things that science can and does explain, using the scientific method and empirical data to back it up.

If religion did those things, it wouldn't be religion.

At least, not Islam, Christianity, or Judaism.

12 minutes ago, Misanthrope said:

What about Darwin's theory is not true? Go into specifics that have been scientifically disproven. His theory was expanded upon, complemented, etc. But this "Darwinian evolution is not true" always gets thrown around without actually explaining what do you mean by Darwininan evolution (Such distinction is often irrelevant) and what specific parts are not true (since Microevolution and macroevolution are proven facts and we've observed natural selection as well)

I too would like to know.

I always understood evolution to be a "that which did not survive, did not pass on its genes. That which did survive, passed on its genes, and successful mutations would survive." etc.

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

4 hours ago, dalekphalm said:

Nailed it!

3 hours ago, stconquest said:

I would have never expected Darwin's theories to be right, across the entire spectrum of evolution.  He had not the tools to see what we get to see.  Similarly to our theory of the beginnings of this universe or why we have black holes that seem to "power" galaxies.  He put us on the right track, just as modern scientists point to a magnetic force in this universe that we cannot see, touch, taste, feel or hear... they are on the right track but early theories will have many inconsistencies as we begin to gather relevant data.

As for "corn", I am not sure where he stands... seems trolly due to repeated "vagueness", or just misunderstands the need to defend religious ideology.  For a lot of people (including myself), theology is a non factor in all things non-cultural.  It does not need to be defended often, or attacked.  A country's policy of rights for individuals should do a good enough job... and it is protected under the law, so there is that.

I legitimately do not see anything truthful in Darwinian evolution. Even if you scrap religion entirely, it cannot scientifically hold up. 

@Godlygamer23 @GzeroD

It may just be me, but I think this is just a rabbit hole of war. 

My piece in this though is that theres too much hate for and from most religions, but you cannot make 7 billion people understand each other. But, if your belief says that others will suffer for all time based on a different mind set, then perhaps those people are justified to hate you. 

_/ V\
                  / /  /
                <<    |
                ,/    ]
              ,/      ]
            ,/        |
           /    \  \ /
          /      | | |
    ______|   __/_/| |
   /_______\______}\__}  

Spoiler

[i7-7700k@5Ghz | MSI Z270 M7 | 16GB 3000 GEIL EVOX | STRIX ROG 1060 OC 6G | EVGA G2 650W | ROSEWILL B2 SPIRIT | SANDISK 256GB M2 | 4x 1TB Seagate Barracudas RAID 10 ]

[i3-4360 | mini-itx potato | 4gb DDR3-1600 | 8tb wd red | 250gb seagate| Debian 9 ]

[Dell Inspiron 15 5567] 

2 minutes ago, RedWulf said:

@Godlygamer23 @GzeroD

It may just be me, but I think this is just a rabbit hole of war. 

My piece in this though is that theres too much hate for and from most religions, but you cannot make 7 billion people understand each other. But, if your belief says that others will suffer for all time based on a different mind set, then perhaps those people are justified to hate you. 

Good :P 

i enjoy reading these 

Ryzen 5 3600 stock | 2x16GB C13 3200MHz (AFR) | GTX 760 (Sold the VII)| ASUS Prime X570-P | 6TB WD Gold (128MB Cache, 2017)

Samsung 850 EVO 240 GB 

138 is a good number.

49 minutes ago, colonelsofcorn said:

I legitimately do not see anything truthful in Darwinian evolution. Even if you scrap religion entirely, it cannot scientifically hold up. 

Let me answer the same way you post:  You're wrong, I don't see any legitimacy to your statement.

@dalekphalm  I hope you understand that corn will most likely want you to do all the explaining/rationalizing for his statements.  I don't think he really knows what the hell he is saying.

You are more patient then me, so at least you won't blow up on him.  I really want to avoid exchanges with him.  We are not saying the same thing.

The part of Darwins theory which has not been *proven* true is natural selection leading to new species (at least within the animal kingdom). 

His original example with finches was flawed, because its not provable that they had diverged into seperate species that could not reproduce.

For example, we look at the human influenced variation in the genetics of dogs, we see a much wider and diverse range of variation and physical features. Yet no matter how extreme the difference between two differemt BREEDS of dogs, they still remain the same species as they can reproduce and create fertile offspring.

The definition of what makes a species seperate (in the animal kingdom) is that it cannot breed with another species to create fertile offspring. It is very likely true that while Darwin's finches displayed physical variation, they were still the same species but different breeds, and like dogs could still reproduce.

So basically, the diversification of a current species into two entirely new ones has yet still not been observed, at least not within animals (it has in protozoa, but thats because the definition of species is different fr single celled organisms).

P.S. I only studied humans so have no clue about the plants side of it (non human biology was boring to me, and I substituted those modules for a music minor).

P.P.S Archeological digs of human and other animal fossils is also an entirely different thing, but still is not a clear observation of natural selection leading to new species in animals.

Linus is my fetish.

Just wanted to chime in. I don't hate christians, they've done good things for my people. But some of them aren't so good. Catholic or otherwise.

We have a NEW and GLORIOUSER-ER-ER PSU Tier List Now. (dammit @LukeSavenije stop coming up with new ones)

You can check out the old one that gave joy to so many across the land here

Computer having a hard time powering on? Troubleshoot it with this guide. (Currently looking for suggestions to update it into the context of <current year> and make it its own thread)

Computer Specs:

Spoiler

Mathresolvermajig: Intel Xeon E3 1240 (Sandy Bridge i7 equivalent)

Chillinmachine: Noctua NH-C14S
Framepainting-inator: EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC2 Hybrid

Attachcorethingy: Gigabyte H61M-S2V-B3

Infoholdstick: Corsair 2x4GB DDR3 1333

Computerarmor: Silverstone RL06 "Lookalike"

Rememberdoogle: 1TB HDD + 120GB TR150 + 240 SSD Plus + 1TB MX500

AdditionalPylons: Phanteks AMP! 550W (based on Seasonic GX-550)

Letterpad: Rosewill Apollo 9100 (Cherry MX Red)

Buttonrodent: Razer Viper Mini + Huion H430P drawing Tablet

Auralnterface: Sennheiser HD 6xx

Liquidrectangles: LG 27UK850-W 4K HDR