There's too many hate for Christians around the World

c00face
1 minute ago, dalekphalm said:

C'mon it's more than hurt feelings and you know it (At least, most of the time).

Sure, there's occasionally someone who abuses the system to get what they want - but that kind of person exists in every kind of human population - religious, athiest, gay, black, Hispanic, white, Russian, Beaver (I mean Canadian), etc.

Getting denied service at a business because of nothing more than the fact that you are gay is NOT JUST HURT FEELINGS.

That's like saying "Oh well, all those thousands of businesses who denied Black People work or made them work for pennies and hide in the back rooms so no one could see a "coloured folk" running around wild, well those black people just had hurt feelings!"

Hell no. Now, I'm not one of those white people who has collective white guilt. I've known friends of every race there is, my fiancee is native american, and I fucking hate racism. But I never personally owned any slaves or pushed for racist laws. My grandparents weren't even alive yet when Slavery was a thing. I owe no debt to any person simply because of their race.

But to deny that they faced real hardship and discrimination and racism? And just call it hurt feelings? That's quite simply naive at best, and disingenuous/nefarious at worst.

Laws like that, that force equal rights and force anti-discrimination laws, exist because people, inherently, aren't good. Society will often take advantage of another group when it can give them an edge by doing so. Businesses are even more likely to take advantage. Small businesses are at more risk for the owner letting his personal opinions affect the way he does business.

These laws exist for a reason. I understand you're a Libertarian and want to let "society and the market" decide punishment, but guess what? That doesn't work in real life, or it takes absurdly much too long (We're talking decades of hardship and suffering so that a business can finally be "punished" by society.

You can argue that a $100,000 fine is too much. But arguing that the law shouldn't exist at all? No. If there is a problem with the system, fix the problem. Don't throw the system away because there's one tiny issue you have with it, that is easily fixable.

Disagree completely.  It is hurt feelings. Go across the street if you don't get served there. Tell all your friends, go on the news, blast it across social media. But no, they have no right to force someone else's labor. They aren't a doctor who promised to do no harm and to help where they can, they aren't a public servant, and they have a right to exert their effort when and where they want.  I don't agree it's naive, in fact i think it's pretty naive to think someone HAS to serve you. 

21 minutes ago, ace_cheaply said:

Fair enough

http://www.hrc.org/scholarship-database/c/california

Alright, we'll I'm much more libertarian than you. I believe people/businesses who discriminate should be shunned and organically punished, not through lawsuits for hurt feelings. 

Huh well the ones in CA are much more numerous and larger rewards than the ones in MN. Though CA is a bigger state too.

But yeah I think states should have quite a few rights, however certain things the state shouldn't be trusted with, I think businesses shouldn't be totally free to do whatever they want. Some regulation on business isn't bad but at the same time if a business is going to fail. Let it fail unless letting it fail would essentially create a monopoly in the market(s) it serves to which then I think that the business should get a little bit of a cushion but not like a full blown bailout.
I guess I can kinda agree that the lawsuits for hurt feelings are kinda wrong. 

Edit: I just saw @dalekphalm's post and I agree with that more.

a Moo Floof connoisseur and curator.

:x@handymanshandle x @pinksnowbirdie || Jake x Brendan :x
Youtube Audio Normalization

1 minute ago, wcreek said:

Huh well the ones in CA are much more numerous and larger rewards than the ones in MN. Though CA is a bigger state too.

But yeah I think states should have quite a few rights, however certain things the state shouldn't be trusted with, I think businesses shouldn't be totally free to do whatever they want. Some regulation on business isn't bad but at the same time if a business is going to fail. Let it fail unless letting it fail would essentially create a monopoly in the market(s) it serves to which then I think that the business should get a little bit of a cushion but not like a full blown bailout.
I guess I can kinda agree that the lawsuits for hurt feelings are kinda wrong.

The national list is pretty big too. 

I'm all for letting businesses fail as well.  And like I said, I'm not for a totally free market, just much more of one than we have now. I don't believe it's right to discriminate. I have no problems myself with gay people or black people or any other people in general. I have problems with individuals.  I know the I have a black friend is a trite message, but my cousin is black, the best man at my wedding was black, and my wife's two best friends growing up were in a lesbian relationship.  I do NOT believe discrimination is in any way morally justified, but I think people have a right to be an asshole and other people have the right to disavow themselves of said person for private businesses.  Public sector has absolutely no right to biases, I agree with that 100%.

@ace_cheaply I just re-did the politcal compass thing because I wanted to see if I've moved or not, I used to be more left. Well the past year or so the left has become quite regressive.

Spoiler

2hau.PNG

a Moo Floof connoisseur and curator.

:x@handymanshandle x @pinksnowbirdie || Jake x Brendan :x
Youtube Audio Normalization

@ace_cheaply  I understand your point of view. 

Let's take this point of view:  When you start a private business in the USA, you are allowed access to the US economy.  If you want access to that economy, you have to play by the rules that the country decides on.

If you want to discriminate against a group, you can be found in violation of the rules you agreed to.  Every US citizen is equal under the law, and every US citizen is a part of the economy of the USA.

Businesses that function on US soil, are actively benefiting from the established economy.  If you don't like the rules (all people equal under the law), you pack up your business and find an economy that let's you discriminate.  The USA is not for you.

My point of view is that

6 minutes ago, stconquest said:

When you start a private business in the USA, you are

guaranteed freedom of religion by the first amendment.  And that 

When you start a private business in the USA, you are

guaranteed freedom from involuntary servitude by the thirteenth amendment.

Both of those mean you can refuse the right of service to anyone, because those are the rules that are important to me.   And if you understand my point of view, you know that all of this

you are allowed access to the US economy.  If you want access to that economy, you have to play by the rules that the country decides on.

If you want to discriminate against a group, you can be found in violation of the rules you agreed to.  Every US citizen is equal under the law, and every US citizen is a part of the economy of the USA.

Businesses that function on US soil, are actively benefiting from the established economy.  If you don't like the rules (all people equal under the law), you pack up your business and find an economy that let's you discriminate.  The USA is not for you.

Is not part of a USA that I would like to see. 

16 minutes ago, ace_cheaply said:

The national list is pretty big too. 

I'm all for letting businesses fail as well.  And like I said, I'm not for a totally free market, just much more of one than we have now. I don't believe it's right to discriminate. I have no problems myself with gay people or black people or any other people in general. I have problems with individuals.  I know the I have a black friend is a trite message, but my cousin is black, the best man at my wedding was black, and my wife's two best friends growing up were in a lesbian relationship.  I do NOT believe discrimination is in any way morally justified, but I think people have a right to be an asshole and other people have the right to disavow themselves of said person for private businesses.  Public sector has absolutely no right to biases, I agree with that 100%.

Here's the key difference. I've highlighted it for you.

Refusing to serve someone because they are an asshole is not discrimination. If you can prove your innocence in court, that you kicked out the gay black guy because he's a total fucking asshat dick, and not because he's black or gay, then if he sues you  he will lose.

Conversely, the gay black guy has to prove to the court that you in fact discriminated against him because of his race or sexual orientation (or any other protected right). Him being an asshole is not a protected right, and therefore, you, as a business owner, can kick him out of your store and refuse to serve him.

If, however, you discriminate against him because he's gay or black or athiest or whatever, then you will face the full legal consequences at his disposal.

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

3 minutes ago, dalekphalm said:

Here's the key difference. I've highlighted it for you.

Refusing to serve someone because they are an asshole is not discrimination. If you can prove your innocence in court, that you kicked out the gay black guy because he's a total fucking asshat dick, and not because he's black or gay, then if he sues you  he will lose.

Conversely, the gay black guy has to prove to the court that you in fact discriminated against him because of his race or sexual orientation (or any other protected right). Him being an asshole is not a protected right, and therefore, you, as a business owner, can kick him out of your store and refuse to serve him.

If, however, you discriminate against him because he's gay or black or athiest or whatever, then you will face the full legal consequences at his disposal.

What part of "We reserve the right to refuse service to anyone" is not getting through? Who cares if you refused because he is gay, or ugly, or fat, or smelly, or because he reminds you of your ex's new squeeze.  It doesn't matter. Whatever the reason, we reserve the right to refuse service. By the thirteenth amendment of the constitution. Don't like it? Tell your friends and go next door.

1 minute ago, ace_cheaply said:

My point of view is that

guaranteed freedom of religion by the first amendment.  And that 

guaranteed freedom from involuntary servitude by the thirteenth amendment.

Both of those mean you can refuse the right of service to anyone, because those are the rules that are important to me.   And if you understand my point of view, you know that all of this

Is not part of a USA that I would like to see. 

Religious freedom - Oh come on.  Are you not allowed to believe in the little man in the sky if you wish?  As long as it does not actively do harm to the US economy, you can believe whatever you want.

Involuntary Servitude - When you start a business, are you not deciding to be part of the USA economy?  Where is the forced labor?

I am not going to repeat the logic of my argument... well maybe I need to...

As simply as one can deny service to a US citizen, the US government can deny a business access to their economy.

18 minutes ago, stconquest said:

Religious freedom - Oh come on.  Are you not allowed to believe in the little man in the sky if you wish?  As long as it does not actively do harm to the US economy, you can believe whatever you want.

Involuntary Servitude - When you start a business, are you not deciding to be part of the USA economy?  Where is the forced labor?

I am not going to repeat the logic of my argument... well maybe I need to...

As simply as one can deny service to a US citizen, the US government can deny a business access to their economy.

Ironic, that you're saying that to an atheist.  It doesn't harm the economy. It's not hard to figure out....I was going to spend $20 on pizza here at Racist Rodney's pizzeria.  He won't serve me, so now I'll spend my dollars at Social Justice Sam's Pizza House and viola. The same amount of money went into the economy.  Where's the damage here?

The forced labor comes when somebody refuses to serve you, and then you DEMAND TO BE SERVED. What is not coming across here? If you refuse to serve, and then are FORCED TO SERVED, that is forced labor...

Do i need to repeat that logic again?  Maybe i need to too. 

BET can deny to put white hosts on its channel, why aren't they being fined hundreds of thousands for discrimination?  Oh, it's only discrimination if a white christian/male does it, I forgot. 

7 hours ago, MrDynamicMan said:

How exactly cant it? It has been evidently proven. What parts of it dont check out? It has been consistently proven, and anything otherwise is willful ignorance or lack of understanding. 

"Religion is an ever shrinking pocket of scientific ignorance."

-Niel degrasse Tyson

The scientific method states observation is how you establish a scientific law or theory. However, with something you absolutly cannot observe, there's no way you can intelligently call evolution scientific. 

1 minute ago, ace_cheaply said:

Ironic, that you're saying that to an atheist.  It doesn't harm the economy. It's not hard to figure out....I was going to spend $20 on pizza here at Racist Rodney's pizzeria.  He won't serve me, so now I'll spend my dollars at Social Justice Sam's Pizza House and viola. The same amount of money went into the economy.  Where's the damage here?

The forced labor comes when somebody refuses to serve you, and then you DEMAND TO BE SERVED. What is not coming across here? If you refuse to serve, and then are FORCED TO SERVED, that is forced labor...

Do i need to repeat that logic again?  Maybe i need too. 

BET can deny to put white hosts on its channel, why aren't they being fined hundreds of thousands for discrimination?  Oh, it's only discrimination if a white christian/male does it, I forgot. 

Fair enough. 

So when a business refuses to serve the gay community for being "gay", the gays of the economy can gather outside and hold perpetual protests against that business to raise awareness. 

I see what you mean.  I just don't believe functioning like this is good for the country.  

39 minutes ago, ace_cheaply said:

Disagree completely.  It is hurt feelings. Go across the street if you don't get served there. Tell all your friends, go on the news, blast it across social media. But no, they have no right to force someone else's labor. They aren't a doctor who promised to do no harm and to help where they can, they aren't a public servant, and they have a right to exert their effort when and where they want.  I don't agree it's naive, in fact i think it's pretty naive to think someone HAS to serve you. 

Why do you insist on advocating a free market when the very basis of such idea, FREEDOM, is basically twarted by saying "I should have the freedom to deny others their freedom of choice when it comes to doing business" If you offer the best possible product at the best price and you are saying "No homos" you're basically effecting them denying them important resources everybody else has access to meaning that said individuals will be at an inherit disadvantage on the free market since they could never get access to the best possible products for no market related reasons at all: not because of their lack of funds, not because of their any lack of productivity on their part, simply because of sexual orientation.

You're basically contradicting everything you claim to support by letting people choose not to do business with someone for arbitrary, non economical reasons.

-------

Current Rig

-------

1 minute ago, colonelsofcorn said:

The scientific method states observation is how you establish a scientific law or theory. However, with something you absolutly cannot observe, there's no way you can intelligently call evolution scientific. 

Wrong Muthaf*cker :D

33 minutes ago, wcreek said:

@ace_cheaply I just re-did the politcal compass thing because I wanted to see if I've moved or not, I used to be more left. Well the past year or so the left has become quite regressive.

Reveal hidden contents

2hau.PNG

Looks like I'm the opposite 

chart?ec=2.0&soc=-2.15

1 minute ago, stconquest said:

Fair enough. 

So when a business refuses to serve the gay community for being "gay", the gays of the economy can gather outside and hold perpetual protests against that business to raise awareness. 

I see what you mean.  I just don't believe functioning like this is good for the country.  

No problem with that at all. They can go on facebook, and twitter, and ABC, and FOX, well maybe not FOX... :P 

1 minute ago, stconquest said:

Then prove your god exists.  :|

Wow, change the subject much? I'll put it this way: even without religion, evolution cannot hold up. Period.

Just now, stconquest said:

Ugh.

Exactly, ugh. You're making claims about evolution that you have not backed up yet with one shred of evidence. Why? Because there IS no evidence. Yes, adaptation is fully alive and well, but one animal changing into a completely different animal? It's bullshit. 

1 minute ago, colonelsofcorn said:

Then prove evolution. 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Evolution

This should keep you entertained for a while, a little taste this is the bibliography supporting the theory

Spoiler

Bibliography

-------

Current Rig

-------

6 minutes ago, Misanthrope said:

Why do you insist on advocating a free market when the very basis of such idea, FREEDOM, is basically twarted by saying "I should have the freedom to deny others their freedom of choice when it comes to doing business" If you offer the best possible product at the best price and you are saying "No homos" you're basically effecting them denying them important resources everybody else has access to meaning that said individuals will be at an inherit disadvantage on the free market since they could never get access to the best possible products for no market related reasons at all: not because of their lack of funds, not because of their any lack of productivity on their part, simply because of sexual orientation.

You're basically contradicting everything you claim to support by letting people choose not to do business with someone for arbitrary, non economical reasons.

A company that doesn't serve to all is going to quickly be denounced and exposed, and their business will suffer from the lack of the affected persons AND from the lack of the business of everyone that shares their values.  That company isn't going to last very long, and so it isn't leaving anyone at a disadvantage. That's the beauty of a free market, someone is just as free to come in and take the businees you refuse. By the way, can you name any type of situation where this would occur? You can't make up a hypothetical and then take away someones rights based on a scenario that doesn't even exist. 

Just now, Misanthrope said:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Evolution

This should keep you entertained for a while, a little taste this is the bibliography supporting the theory

Reveal hidden contents

Bibliography

The only problem is that we cannot observe evolution, that there are no in-between creatures, that the original creatures we supposedly evolved from are still present, etc. The article you provided is a nice definition of what and why, but even so, it cannot hold up under proper scientific methodology. 

6 minutes ago, ace_cheaply said:

A company that doesn't serve to all is going to quickly be denounced and exposed, and their business will suffer from the lack of the affected persons AND from the lack of the business of everyone that shares their values.  That company isn't going to last very long, and so it isn't leaving anyone at a disadvantage. That's the beauty of a free market, is someone is just as free to come in and take the businees you refuse. By the way, can you name any type of situation where this would occur? You can't make up a hypothetical and then take away someones rights based on a scenario that doesn't even exist. 

This is working out of a false premise from the get go: that society in general can spontaneously change a paradigm without resistence. You think that in Saudi Arabia, a capitalist country mind you, there's gonna be any kind of backlash against business owners opposing homosexuality when it's an actual crime to be homosexual?

How is the market ever going to change that paradigm at all if the entire society basically refuses to acknowledge the rights of certain citizens?

Why do you think we had a civil rights movement? Do you think that the free market decided "Racism is not cool anymore everyone should stop selling to racists" No we had to force people who disagreed since the majority decided "Enough of this bigotry" it had nothing to do with the free market.

-------

Current Rig

-------

15 minutes ago, colonelsofcorn said:

The only problem is that we cannot observe evolution, that there are no in-between creatures, that the original creatures we supposedly evolved from are still present, etc. The article you provided is a nice definition of what and why, but even so, it cannot hold up under proper scientific methodology. 

Yes we can and yes we had and continue to do so: We can observe mutations. We have observed viruses and other organism literally change before out lab equipment.

You're incorrectly assuming that there's a discint difference between "microevolution" and "macroevolution" that because of the great spawn of time we cannot observe species evolve over time. But you're wrong: we have. We had literally thousands of examples. Yes we've found the missing link. And that one too. And the one after that. We've documented so many detailed progressions of species changing over time it's statistically impossible to be a coincidence. More over we had tested the DNA of said creatures to confirm which specific gene mutated and we can trace back the ancestors with DNA evidence, you know that evidence that's so accurate it forever changed forensics and the legal system? Yep that comes from evolution theory and it was the first thing it demonstrated to exist.

More over all of the DNA evidence, all of the fossil records, all of the comparative pysiology analysis, everything confirm each other. Beyond any shadow of a doubt.

If you cared enough to move past your cognitive dissonance and read even a few of the articles I linked you could easily see that it's not a debate. It's just a pseudo science, politically motivated group of people called Creatonism that spread misinformation and flatout lies about procceses they do not even understand because well Yahweh and their bible give em money and power over people.

-------

Current Rig

-------