There's too many hate for Christians around the World

c00face
Just now, stconquest said:

I watched a 4 hour lecture a few years ago.  It was about how alien criminals were fleeing some authority and ended up here.  The authority eventually found out they were hiding on earth and put a giant shield around the earth.  So we really can't leave the atmosphere or low earth orbit. 

The criminals start mixing the native animal DNA with their own... and blah blah we came to be. 

It was really enjoyable to listen to.  Very detailed.  I think it is based on Scientology, but he never associated the lecture to Scientology.

Now, believing that crap is beyond me... but I really had fun... like watching a sci-fi movie.  I like Sci-fis. 

I must be tired, the rambling...:(

I remember this lecture about a magical Jewish carpenter zombie who's his own father and commands people to eat his flesh!...Oh...

-------

Current Rig

-------

3 minutes ago, KuJoe said:

So are we all in agreement that the single biggest problem in the world is people using their words to make the people of one religion feel bad?

So are we all in agreement that the single biggest problem in the world is people using their words to make up religions.  

FTFY  ...jk don't kill me.:D

30 minutes ago, Misanthrope said:

It can: we have physical fucking evidence: fossils. Yes even that one. Yes even the "missing link". Yes from sea creatures to earth creatures. We have fucking warehouses everywhere filled with fucking fossils.

That does not in any way prove evolution. It just proves that things die. 

3 minutes ago, colonelsofcorn said:

That does not in any way prove evolution. It just proves that things die. 

No it proves that species mutate and very slowly, over millions of years change over time. We also have DNA evidence that conclusively shows this mutation. We have comparative physiology, everything confirming the same basic concept: species change over time through mutation and the better this mutations are to adapt to the environment the best chance this will get passed on to others.

You have to be willfully ignorant to deny one of the most documented and confirmed processes science has ever discovered.

-------

Current Rig

-------

32 minutes ago, colonelsofcorn said:

Evolution cannot be proven - religions and people that believe it are ignorant. 

How do you explain things like MRSA then?

I'll explain: Staphylococcus aureus is a type of bacteria that can be killed by the powerful antibiotic Methicillin. What happened is that a genetic mutation caused staphylococcus aureus to become resistant to this antibiotic. Staphlyococcus aureus is a life-threatening pathogen so you'd imagine the death toll was great when it no longer could be treated. MRSA (methicillin-resistant staphylococcus aureus) due to the new-found resistance spread like nothing we'd ever seen before. How do we know it's still staphylococcus aureus? Well, it reacts similarly to other antibiotics and conditions, the only thing that's different is that it doesn't die from methicillin.

This is evolution in practice; organism has a genetic mutation which makes it more successful which then allows it to breed more effectively therefore surpassing the previous organism. I know I won't change your opinion on this but I hope this has given you more of an insight into evolution today and how it fits into our world.

1 minute ago, Mug said:

How do you explain things like MRSA then?

I'll explain: Staphylococcus aureus is a type of bacteria that can be killed by the powerful antibiotic Methicillin. What happened is that a genetic mutation caused staphylococcus aureus to become resistant to this antibiotic. Staphlyococcus aureus is a life-threatening pathogen so you'd imagine the death toll was great when it no longer could be treated. MRSA (methicillin-resistant staphylococcus aureus) due to the new-found resistance spread like nothing we'd ever seen before. How do we know it's still staphylococcus aureus? Well, it reacts similarly to other antibiotics and conditions, the only thing that's different is that it doesn't die from methicillin.

This is evolution in practice; organism has a genetic mutation which makes it more successful which then allows it to breed more effectively therefore surpassing the previous organism. I know I won't change your opinion on this but I hope this has given you more of an insight into evolution today and how it fits into our world.

Don't forget we can actually do DNA testing to confirm beyond any shadow of a doubt it's a mutation from a previous strain of the virus.

-------

Current Rig

-------

As a Muslim who was randomly searched 3-5 times in the past 4 days (two I am unsure if it was random or metal detector went off) 

Funny man.

There is too much hate period.

Thats that. If you need to get in touch chances are you can find someone that knows me that can get in touch.

9 minutes ago, thekeemo said:

As a Muslim who was randomly searched 3-5 times in the past 4 days (two I am unsure if it was random or metal detector went off) 

Funny man.

There is too much hate period.

wow, that's bad

Like I was searched at the airport the other week due to a hip flask in my hand luggage and I was getting really annoyed with the airport security. Just that one search got me really worked up and angry. I'd hate to be searched that frequently.

14 minutes ago, Misanthrope said:

Don't forget we can actually do DNA testing to confirm beyond any shadow of a doubt it's a mutation from a previous strain of the virus.

Some religious people I know regard DNA as pseudoscience, sometimes I find it best to steer clear from using DNA in my arguments.

Just now, Mug said:

Some religious people I know regard DNA as pseudoscience, sometimes I find it best to steer clear from using DNA in my arguments.

Yes and some believe the earth was created in just 6 days by a magical sky daddy and that it's completely flat.

They can go ahead and refuse modern medicine and die of preventable diseases if they don't like DNA and the tools it has provided the rest of us.

-------

Current Rig

-------

1 minute ago, Mug said:

wow, that's bad

Like I was searched at the airport the other week due to a hip flask in my hand luggage and I was getting really annoyed with the airport security. Just that one search got me really worked up and angry. I'd hate to be searched that frequently.

they werent serious searches

2 patdowns 3 carry on checks

unlike a guy I saw who brought jam or something in is carryon and security armed with smgs greeted him.. (frankfurt btw)

Thats that. If you need to get in touch chances are you can find someone that knows me that can get in touch.

21 minutes ago, Misanthrope said:

No it proves that species mutate and very slowly, over millions of years change over time. We also have DNA evidence that conclusively shows this mutation. We have comparative physiology, everything confirming the same basic concept: species change over time through mutation and the better this mutations are to adapt to the environment the best chance this will get passed on to others.

You have to be willfully ignorant to deny one of the most documented and confirmed processes science has ever discovered.

HE'S TROLLING YOU.  CAN'T YOU SEE?  HE DOESN'T BUY THIS STUFF.  HE'S JUST MAKING SHORT TROLL BAIT REPLIES TO KEEP YOU GOING AND YOU KEEP GETTING SUCKERED INTO IT.  HE'S NOT ACTUALLY BELIEVING THIS STUFF LIKE THE OP DOES.

...Ugh.

Religion is an outdated concept, it made sense before the rational mind could think through why things are happening and now that we have science has no place in the world besides being a fancy club to join.

Sure, Christians are dying for the country. So are atheists, agnostics, Muslims, Jews, Hindus, Buddhists, and the plethora of other religions that exist. Morality does not require religion, normal people don't need the threat of hell to not kill someone. Just being a decent human handles that already. Pedophilia has been pandemic in the Roman Catholic church, so while I hate generalizations in principle it's not without cause. 

1,500 ex Jihadists didn't enter the US, contrary to popular belief before a Syrian refugee gets to go to the US they actually get vetted beyond reason. Real terrorists have easier ways of getting in.

My Build:

Spoiler

CPU: i7 4770k GPU: GTX 780 Direct CUII Motherboard: Asus Maximus VI Hero SSD: 840 EVO 250GB HDD: 2xSeagate 2 TB PSU: EVGA Supernova G2 650W

Just now, AshleyAshes said:

HE'S TROLLING YOU.  CAN'T YOU SEE?  HE DOESN'T BUY THIS STUFF.  HE'S JUST MAKING SHORT TROLL BAIT REPLIES TO KEEP YOU GOING AND YOU KEEP GETTING SUCKERED INTO IT.  HE'S NOT ACTUALLY BELIEVING THIS STUFF LIKE THE OP DOES.

...Ugh.

Do you know who Kent Hovind is? Of course you don't. Look I know this must be difficult for you to hear but many, many, many people are actually not trolling when they deny evolution in favor of creationism. Like important people, people who make laws and influence entire communities even...sorry to depress you but it's true.

-------

Current Rig

-------

3 minutes ago, Centurius said:

1,500 ex Jihadists didn't enter the US, contrary to popular belief before a Syrian refugee gets to go to the US they actually get vetted beyond reason. Real terrorists have easier ways of getting in.

Yeah, some crazy place called Deutschland where they just get in and impose Sharia law within their communities.

-------

Current Rig

-------

Just now, Misanthrope said:

Do you know who Kent Hovind is? Of course you don't. Look I know this must be difficult for you to hear but many, many, many people are actually not trolling when they deny evolution in favor of creationism. Like important people, people who make laws and influence entire communities even...sorry to depress you but it's true.

Yes, know who he is, and his museum, and I saw him debate Bill Nye live online.  But this guy, who's only contribution to this conversation has been to quote people with atheist troll bate comments, while not making any actual EFFORT or argument in his comments, just throwing in stuff to get people started.  THAT is trolling.  He's suckering you in and you're falling for it.  This particular individual has no skin in the game other than a desire to make people say 'WHAT DID YOU SAY?  I WILL SPEND TIME COUNTERING YOUR SHORT COMMENTS!'. 

Just now, AshleyAshes said:

Yes, know who he is, and his museum, and I saw him debate Bill Nye live online.  But this guy, who's only contribution to this conversation has been to quote people with atheist troll bate comments, while not making any actual EFFORT or argument in his comments, just throwing in stuff to get people started.  THAT is trolling.  He's suckering you in and you're falling for it.  This particular individual has no skin in the game other than a desire to make people say 'WHAT DID YOU SAY?  I WILL SPEND TIME COUNTERING YOUR SHORT COMMENTS!'. 

Ok fine gesh just chill. You seem to be getting worked up about it way more than I or the others who responded in a snarky but calm matter.

-------

Current Rig

-------

Just now, Misanthrope said:

Ok fine gesh just chill. You seem to be getting worked up about it way more than I or the others who responded in a snarky but calm matter.

Not actually worked up, mostly caps for fun emphasis.  But seriously, you're getting trolled by a really OBVIOUS troll  the OP, he's buying this stuff, till the entire forum turned on him.  Colonelsofcorn though, he's trolling, poorly, and you're falling for it.

16 minutes ago, Misanthrope said:

Yes and some believe the earth was created in just 6 days by a magical sky daddy and that it's completely flat.

They can go ahead and refuse modern medicine and die of preventable diseases if they don't like DNA and the tools it has provided the rest of us.

To me, they're members of society that I'd hate to have left behind. It's important to inform them of evidence that fits inside their world view. When arguing with a conservative, you have to present how your info fits alongside their info.

Like if I present a statistic about deaths due to guns to a hardcore gun-nut and say that that's the reason why we should introduce background checks, of course they're not going to change their opinion. It works better if you put the argument across as if it fits within what they want and what you want. You can see conservatives changing their minds all of the time not because you have a different argument but because your argument is almost parallel to thiers and is easily understandable.

3 minutes ago, Mug said:

To me, they're members of society that I'd hate to have left behind. It's important to inform them of evidence that fits inside their world view. When arguing with a conservative, you have to present how your info fits alongside their info.

Like if I present a statistic about deaths due to guns to a hardcore gun-nut and say that that's the reason why we should introduce background checks, of course they're not going to change their opinion. It works better if you put the argument across as if it fits within what they want and what you want and you can see conservatives changing their minds all of the time not because you have a different argument but because your argument is almost parallel to thiers and is easily understandable.

I usually reply to people but not to convince them but to show other people on the fence another perspective. There are far too many who are willfully ignorant or have a significant vested interest in continuing myths and lies as their way of making a living. So debate is important but I don't go in thinking I am actually gonna convince the person on the other end, hence I don't make concessions about what they might or might not be receptive to.

-------

Current Rig

-------

On 7/23/2016 at 5:06 AM, wcreek said:

I'm generally okay with Christians as long as they're not trying to spout homophobic messages or wanting to kill or imprison gay people. 

My biggest problem with some Christians is that they try to promote or shove their believes down others throats. The ones that target people going through hardship and then possibly scam those people out of money.

I want religion as far away from politics and public education as possible because I strongly believe in separation of church and state. 

I don't think a business should be able to use their religious believes to not serve a customer on those grounds, so yea. I don't like "religious freedom" bills like the one in Indiana. Though at the same time it kinda seems like arguing for or against those kinds of bills turns into like a revolving door. Similar story for the bathroom bills.

But if a business that claims to be a Christian business and does something that generally isn't considered cool. Like refusing to serve gay people. That business potentially closing is arguably just capitalism doing its thing.

Islam and Judaism are different, so I'm not going to comment on those.

Take a look at the LGBT community for example, quite a large portion of it goes around trying to promote their beliefs and tries to shove it down others' throats. 

The words of Thomas Jefferson:  "I contemplate with sovereign reverence that act of the whole American people which declared that their legislature should 'make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof,' thus building a wall of separation between Church & State."

This isn't saying that the church is to stay out of state or government as many may think that "Separation of church and state" is talking about, it's saying that the government is not allowed to prevent the establishment of religion, or prevent the exercise of religion.

Specs: CPU - Intel i7 8700K @ 5GHz | GPU - Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming | Motherboard - ASUS Strix Z370-G WIFI AC | RAM - XPG Gammix DDR4-3000MHz 32GB (2x16GB) | Main Drive - Samsung 850 Evo 500GB M.2 | Other Drives - 7TB/3 Drives | CPU Cooler - Corsair H100i Pro | Case - Fractal Design Define C Mini TG | Power Supply - EVGA G3 850W

My thoughts: Religion is nothing but the willful ignorance of reality to make people feel superior to "lesser beings" and deny the fact that after death, there is purely nothingness.

Case: Phanteks Evolve X with ITX mount  cpu: Ryzen 3900X 4.35ghz all cores Motherboard: MSI X570 Unify gpu: EVGA 1070 SC  psu: Phanteks revolt x 1200W Memory: 64GB Kingston Hyper X oc'd to 3600mhz ssd: Sabrent Rocket 4.0 1TB ITX System CPU: 4670k  Motherboard: some cheap asus h87 Ram: 16gb corsair vengeance 1600mhz